Amara Resort and Spa, A Kimpton Hotel
|#3 in Best Sedona Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating Moderate||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 390 reviews
|Property Type||Resort with 100 rooms, 2 floors|
|Best For||Couples, Solo travelers|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Shuttle Service, Internet Access See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
Located just north of the Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village, Amara Resort and Spa features a more contemporary atmosphere than other Sedona resorts. Guest rooms are outfitted in stylish furniture and vibrant oranges and reds that mirror the nearby red rocks; all accommodations are decked out in pillow-top mattresses, spa-quality bath amenities, and private balconies. Visitors appreciate the resort's convenient location and the views of beloved landmarks like Snoopy Rock — the hotel concierge can help arrange opportunities to explore the area by Jeep, on horseback or on foot. Amara's facilities also earn high marks from visitors, who rave about the views from the outdoor infinity pool and the on-site restaurant. What's more, since this property is part of the Kimpton brand, Kimpton Karma loyalty members can earn and redeem perks here.How we rank hotels
- Room Service
- Shuttle Service
- Internet Access
- Pets Allowed
- Meeting Rooms
- Fitness Center
Location & Parking
The Amara Resort and Spa is located along the banks of Oak Creek in "Red Rock Country," named for its surrounding sandstone. The resort is just removed from Sedona's shopping, restaurants and museums.
- Guests have free usage of a shuttle that travels within a 1-mile radius of the property
- Valet parking is included in the $22 daily resort fee
- 24-hour valet parking (free)
- 24-hour self-parking (free)
- Airport shuttle
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
The rooms and suites at the Amara Resort and Spa reflect the area's natural surroundings but offer a modern design, including headboards crafted from local trees. All accommodations have private, furnished patios or balconies and modern amenities like flat-screen TVs, DVD players and iPod docking stations.
- There is an additional fee for in-room Wi-Fi ($14.99) unless you’re a Kimpton Rewards member (it's free to join)
- Hypoallergenic bedding is available for those with allergy concerns
Standard room size:380 square feet
- Internet (with fee)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
SaltRock Southwest Kitchen is Amara's signature restaurant offering seasonal takes on traditional regional cuisine in a casual setting. The beverage menu is agave-focused, and the restaurant's signature drink is its margarita.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served either inside or al fresco on the patio
- Room service available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Complimentary nightly hosted wine hours from 5 to 6 p.m.
Number of restaurants:1
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The resort features a zero-edge saltwater pool. The water from this infinity-style pool overlooks the red rocks that surround the property. Deck chairs are scattered about the pool's sundeck.
- Sundeck also features a whirlpool
- Cabana usage is complimentary for guests
- Pool open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Number of pools:1
- Lap pool
- Wading pool
- Lazy river
- Family pool
- Infinity pool
- Whirlpool/hot tub
- Adults-only pool
- Indoor/outdoor combo
- Lifeguard on duty
- Poolside service
- Deck chairs or cabanas
- Pool bar
The Amara Spa offers a variety of facials, body treatments, massages and nail services. There are four treatment rooms, including treatment rooms for couples.
- In-room massage services available
- All guests have access to the spa's relaxation room and steam room.
- Body treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
While there is no on-site kids club or childcare, the resort does offer cribs and infant beds upon request. Rooms also come equipped with a DVD player and rentals from the DVD library are part of the resort fee.
- Kids club
- High chairs
The resort's fitness center is open 24 hours a day and has cardio machines, weight-training equipment and free weights available. If guests prefer to enjoy the outdoors, there are a number of hiking and biking trails nearby.
- Bike rentals are available at no extra charge to guests.
- Daily yoga classes are included in the resort fee.
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Bicycles (free)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
Amara Resort and Spa offers 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. The Sedona room can be divided in two or kept as one 1,458-square-foot space that can accommodate up to 100 people for a banquet-style event.
- No on-site business center
Number of meeting rooms:3
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
The Amara Resort and Spa, like all Kimpton properties, is very pet friendly. All size pets are welcome at no additional cost. The resort provides door hangers to alert other guests and staff that your pet is in the room.
- Amenities, including pet beds, food, water bowls and mats, are all available upon request
- Pets allowed (free)
- Dog walking
Amara specializes in small weddings of up to 85 guests. An on-site specialist can assist couples with everything from entertainment to decor and floral arrangements, and both indoor and outdoor venues are available.
- Amara's chef and catering staff can create customized menus
Maximum wedding guest capacity:85
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.