EPIC Hotel, A Kimpton Hotel
|#3 in Best Miami Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.5-star||Critic Rating Good||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 2127 reviews
|Property Type||Boutique hotel with 411 rooms, 54 floors|
|Best For||Business travelers, Families, Couples|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Internet Access, Business Center See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
With a name like EPIC, this hotel has a lot to live up to. So what's the final verdict on this property? By all visitor accounts, it's very good. Guests praise the EPIC's business and meeting facilities and give two thumbs way up for customer service. Accommodations here are not as funky as those found in other Kimpton hotels, and that's because the decor is simply the hotel's surroundings; massive floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies offer fantastic views of Biscayne Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and the Miami skyline. Guest rooms also feature honor bars stocked with organic treats, iPod docking stations and a goody bag of "essential travel items" that you may have forgotten to pack. (If you're traveling with dogs, you can get doggie beds and sitting services.) Though you may be tempted to spend all your time in your room, recent travelers highly recommend taking advantage of the two pools and the pool terrace (located on the 16th floor), as well as the Exhale spa and the in-house Area 31 Restaurant. If you're a Kimpton Karma rewards program member, you'll have access to additional benefits like complimentary Wi-Fi.How we rank hotels
- AAA/CAA Four Diamond Lodgings 2015
- Condé Nast Readers' Choice List 2014
- Fodor's Choice
- Room Service
- Internet Access
- Business Center
- Pets Allowed
- Meeting Rooms
- Fitness Center
Location & Parking
Set in a 54-story building with curved glass, EPIC Hotel is located in downtown Miami close to shops and restaurants, and it also delivers water views. The boutique Kimpton hotel is 7 miles east of Miami International Airport, less than a mile south of AmericanAirlines Arena, and two blocks from the James L. Knight International Center.
- Bayside Marketplace and The Shops at Mary Brickell Village, each of which has several eateries and shops, are less than a mile away
- Hotel guests arriving via yacht pull right up to EPIC's own marina.
- 24-hour valet parking ($37)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
Standard rooms at EPIC are fairly spacious, starting at 475 square feet. With balconies as part of all rooms, EPIC showcases its views of Miami and the bay. Accommodations include beds dressed in Italian linens, marble bathrooms complete with rainfall showerheads and flat-screen LCD TVs.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for Kimpton Karma rewards members; $12.99 per 24 hours for non-members
- 24-hour room service
Standard room size:475 square feet
- Internet (with fee)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
Area 31, with Mediterranean-influenced seafood, is located on the 16th floor overlooking the pool terrace. The restaurant serves everything from crudo dishes to small plates to full entrees using locally sourced ingredients, and its name references Fishing Area 31, marine waters that the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization focuses on for sustainable development. Ground-level Zuma serves contemporary Japanese cuisine.
- Indoor and outdoor dining available at both venues
- Lilt Lounge serves cocktails and small bites
- Complimentary wine hour is available for EPIC guests daily from 5 to 6 p.m. in the living room area of the hotel
Number of restaurants:3
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
With a 13,752-square-foot pool deck, the hotel's 16th floor includes a pair of swimming pools surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas. Among the 10 cabanas are deluxe cabanas with views of the bay and premium cabanas that overlook the pool and include plasma TVs.
- Poolside service is via the hotel's Area 31 outdoor bar.
- Cabanas can be rented by the day, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Though there's no hot tub next to the pools, there is one in the spa.
Number of pools:2
- Lap pool
- Wading pool
- Lazy river
- Family pool
- Infinity pool
- Whirlpool/hot tub
- Adults-only pool
- Indoor/outdoor combo
- Lifeguard on duty
- Poolside service
- Deck chairs or cabanas
- Pool bar
EPIC Hotel's 16th-floor spa, run by Exhale, is part of a chain of spas in the U.S. and the Caribbean. Massage options range from Swedish fusion to shiatsu (stretching massage). Illuminating and brightening facials, a glow body scrub, acupuncture, manicures, pedicures, waxing and a blowdry bar are other highlights of the spa's services.
- Barre classes, several styles of yoga, and core fusion classes are offered at Exhale
- In-room massages available
- Outdoor spa treatments take place in a cabana by the pool
- Body treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
To make sure the kids are safe, in-room child safety kits (with outlet covers, toilet latches, and nightlights) are available. At check-in, children receive a KimptonKids welcome backpack stuffed with crayons, books and toys.
- Child-size robes are available upon request
- In addition to high chairs and boosters in the restaurants, guests can request one for in-room use
- Kids club
- High chairs
With views of EPIC's pool terrace, the fitness center is open 24 hours a day. The gym features weight-training equipment and cardio machines like treadmills and ellipticals. There are also fitness classes available at Exhale Spa.
- There is a 3K fun run with the managers on Thursday mornings
- Yogis appreciate the complimentary in-room yoga mats
- Appointments with personal trainers can be booked
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Bicycles (free)
- Guided runs (free)
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
EPIC Hotel contains more than 50,000 square feet of meeting space. Along with 10 meeting rooms and two ballrooms, EPIC features a pool deck that can be utilized for business events. The hotel's private marina gives guests access to charter departures directly from the hotel for yacht events.
- The 14th-floor business center is open 24 hours
- Catering available from Area 31
Number of meeting rooms:12
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
With no limit on the number, type or weight of animals, EPIC Hotel is welcoming of all pets. The concierge can arrange for grooming, walking and massages for pets.
- Pet bowls and beds are placed in guest rooms for pre-registered pets
- Pets allowed (free)
- Dog walking
EPIC has two large ballrooms in which to host weddings, though couples looking to celebrate outdoors can opt for a cocktail reception on the pool deck. Floor-to-ceiling windows reveal city skyline views in the 14th-floor Metropolis ballroom, which spans across more than 4,000 square feet of space.
- EPIC hosts cocktail receptions for up to 400 guests, and seated dinners for up to 300 guests
- Special dinners and outings on a yacht can be arranged with the hotel's private marina
Maximum wedding guest capacity:400
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know. If you are interested in obtaining a badge to display on your website or in other media, please contact us.