New York Hilton Midtown
|#168 in Best New York City Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating N/A||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 5765 reviews
|Property Type||Hotel with 1,985 rooms, 46 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Best For||Business travelers|
U.S. News Review
Hilton New York, located in midtown Manhattan on the Avenue of Americas, caters to both leisure and business travels with its versatile amenities, which include ample fitness and business facilities, two on-site eateries plus the freezing cold minus5 Ice Bar. But while this Hilton touts plentiful amenities, it receives mixed reviews overall. While some complain of inconsistent customer service and exorbitant nightly rates, others say the rooms' cleanliness and enviable location, within walking distance of iconic Manhattan landmarks, makes up for these drawbacks. Accommodations are simplistically decorated in neutral tones and feature crisp linens, sleek flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi access (for a fee). And if you participate in the Hiltons HHonors rewards program, you can rest assured that you're eligible to earn and redeem points for perks like free nights here.
- #168 in Best New York City Hotels
- #191 in Best New York Hotels
- #145 in Hilton Group Hotels & Resorts
- #102 in Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Spacious in size for New York City standards, the Hilton Midtown features deluxe standard guest rooms. Each room is contains luxurious linens, the signature Hilton Serenity mattress, and feather and down pillows. Bathrooms feature spacious granite countertops that continue the crisp white motif seen in the bedroom. Guests can enjoy reading at night thanks to lights installed on the headboards of beds, and floor-to-ceiling windows give expansive views of the city below.
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Sofa bed provided in king-sized one bedrooms
- Blackout curtains
- Peter Thomas Roth toiletries in each bathroom
- In-room Wi-Fi access for $18.95 a day
Standard room size:330 square feet
- Internet (with fee)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
- High Price
- Average Price
- Low Price
- +1 Week
- +2 Weeks
- +3 Weeks
Location & Parking
Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the New York Hilton is several blocks northeast of Times Square and the Theater District, and several blocks south of Central Park. Catering primarily to business travelers, the Hilton is also conveniently located near hundreds of corporate offices and offers easy access to public transportation. Guests will no have trouble finding restaurants or places to shop in this midtown location.
- Take a 10-minute walk to Rockefeller Center to check out the "Today Show" and "Top of the Rock" observation deck
- Busy lobby during the days and bustling bar scene at night
- Some guests have complained about service due to the large amount of in-and-out business travelers
- 24-hour valet parking ($55 to $67)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service (with fee)
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
The New York Hilton Midtown provides a variety of dining options for every lifestyle. Breakfast is served at the Herb N' Kitchen, which also offers lunch and dinner. For quick bites, relax in the Lobby Lounge and enjoy a cocktail while doing so. Unwind from a long day at Bridges Bar, which features the same small bites menu as the Lobby Lounge, but has a more sophisticated atmosphere.
- Drink cocktails from ice glasses and touch ice sculptures at Minus5 Ice Bar, open daily until 1 a.m.
- Lobby Lounge is open daily until midnight
- Bridges Bar is open daily until 2 a.m.
Number of restaurants:2
Cuisine types:Italian, American
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The Hilton Midtown provides high chairs, cribs, play pens and food options for children.
- Kids club
- High chairs
The fitness facility at the New York Hilton Midtown is spacious and comes with a view. Equipped with Precor cardiovascular and weight machines, the gym at the Hilton makes it easy to stay on track with fitness goals while staying at the hotel.
- 10-pair dumbbell rack
- Stretch materials available for use
- Nearby recreational activities provided by the hotel
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
The New York Hilton Midtown has more than 150,000 square feet of meeting space, and three exhibit halls that can accommodate more than 200 booths. Business services include audio and visual equipment rental, express mail, video conferencing capability, photocopying services and more.
- Two junior ballrooms
- Host site of the International Emmy Awards ceremony
- Catering options available
Number of meeting rooms:18
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
Pets weighing less than 75 pounds are allowed in the hotel for a nonrefundable $50 fee.
- Pets allowed (with fee)
- Dog walking
The New York Hilton Midtown has the largest grand ballroom in the city, so chances are the Hilton Midtown can accommodate most weddings. The Hilton Midtown also has smaller venues connected to its dedicated kitchen. The hotel's culinary director can help construct a personalized menu for any wedding.
- Two junior ballrooms
- Grand ballroom can accommodate up to 5,000 guests
Maximum wedding guest capacity:5,000
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.