Le Parker Meridien New York
|#110 in Best New York City Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating Moderate||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 3782 reviews
|Property Type||Hotel with 730 rooms, 42 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Best For||Business travelers, Families, Couples, Solo travelers|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Internet Access, Dining See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
With its prime location on West 56th Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues, Le Parker Meridien serves as a vibrant and convenient place for sightseers looking to explore Central Park, the MoMa and Fifth Avenue. Start your day with a delectable bite at Norma's (which Zagat has previously rated as one of the city's best breakfast joints) before wandering through Manhattan's city streets. When you're ready to unwind, you'll find luxurious, simplistically decorated accommodations filled with plush beds and sleek TVs. While most recent visitors praise this hotel for its elegant atmosphere and top-tier service, others say it's the enviable location, within minutes of some of the city's best shops and museums that made their stay truly memorable. Another bonus of bedding down here: Thanks to its Starwood ties, guests participating in the company-wide rewards program may receive extras, such as complimentary stays, for choosing to bed down here.
- #110 in Best New York City Hotels
- #129 in Best New York Hotels
- #144 in Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- #8 in Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts
- AAA/CAA Four Diamond Lodgings 2015
Although standard rooms at Le Parker Meridien are large by New York standards, starting at 300 square feet, they are pretty plain. Rooms feature a queen-sized bed with down mattress and working desk.
- 46-inch flat-screen TV and high speed Internet access included
- Bathrooms have shower/tub combo
Standard room size:300 square feet
- Internet (free)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
- High Price
- Average Price
- Low Price
- +1 Week
- +2 Weeks
- +3 Weeks
Location & Parking
Located on West 56th Street next door to Carnegie Hall and two blocks from the southern entrance of Central Park, Le Parker Meridien New York is within walking distance of many attractions in midtown Manhattan.
- Three blocks south to the Museum of Modern Art and nine blocks to the heart of Times Square
- Four blocks north to Fifth Avenue shopping
- Access to subway lines B, D, E, F, N, Q and R within walking distance
- 24-hour valet parking ($52 to $63)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
Le Parker Meridien offers three different on-site dining options. Well-known brunch spot, Norma's, serves breakfast and lunch daily until 3 p.m. Weekend brunch is available.
- Burger Joint is precisely what it sounds like: A lunch and dinner spot serving gourmet burgers, fries, beer and milkshakes
- Tavern-style Knave serves small bites, sandwiches, salads and specialty cocktails beginning daily at 8 a.m.
Number of restaurants:3
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The rooftop pool at Le Parker Meridien (3 to 6 feet deep) is suitable for children and families as well as active swimmers. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of Central Park, and there is an outdoor sundeck for tanning.
- Menu of small bites and drinks available poolside
- Packages available to the public for membership to the pool and gravity fitness center
Number of pools:1
- Lap pool
- Wading pool
- Lazy river
- Family pool
- Infinity pool
- Whirlpool/hot tub
- Adults-only pool
- Indoor/outdoor combo
- Lifeguard on duty
- Poolside service
- Deck chairs or cabanas
- Pool bar
There are several spa-related facilities in the lower level of Le Parker Meridien ranging from Drybar, which offers blowouts, to Moonshine where you can get facials and massages to Tenoverten, which provides manicure and pedicure services. There is also a more traditional barber shop offering haircuts, beard and mustache trimming, straight-razor shaves and hot towel treatments.
- Body treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
Cribs are available at no extra charge, and suites include pullout sofas. Cartoons play on televisions in the hotel's elevators.
- Rollaway beds are available for $50 per night
- Children younger than 12 stay for free
- Kids club
- High chairs
The on-site fitness center, Gravity, offers a variety of strength training and cardio conditioning equipment as well as an online fitness companion, Fitlinxx, that keeps track of your workouts for you (free of charge). The hotel also offers an indoor pool for swimming laps.
- The Quickie is a preset workout on nine machines accompanied by Fitlinxx that offers a full body workout in 30 minutes.
- Group fitness classes are available six days a week
- Personal training sessions start at $105 per hour; longer packages are available
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
The Le Parker Meridien offers seven meeting spaces, including the penthouse. Meeting spaces are flexible to fit the needs of the event.
- The largest space is the Estrela Penthouse that can accommodate up to 250 people for a theater-style event
- Smaller meeting rooms can host 20 to 56 people for conference-style meetings
Number of meeting rooms:7
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
Pets are allowed for a daily fee of $50.
- Pets allowed (with fee)
- Dog walking
The most popular wedding venue at the Le Parker Meridien is the Estrela Penthouse that features an outdoor terrace on the 42nd floor. The space can accommodate 170 people with a buffet and dance floor.
- Rehearsal dinner, sit down reception or buffet-style meal are all options in one of the hotel's three banquet spaces
Maximum wedding guest capacity:170
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.