The Limelight Hotel
|#5 in Best Aspen Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating Good||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 684 reviews
|Property Type||Hotel with 126 rooms, 4 floors|
|Primary View(s)||Neighborhood, Mountain(s)|
|Best For||Couples, Solo travelers|
U.S. News Review
Add a little green to your white winter getaway by booking a room at this eco-friendly hotel. The Limelight's location between Aspen Mountain and downtown makes it a great home base for a variety of Aspen visitors. But don't come here expecting the exposed wood beams and bear-skin rugs of a typical ski lodge. The Limelight is decked out in modern-yet-retro attire, complete with floor-to-ceiling windows, rich leather couches and shiny wooden furniture (with some bright orange accents thrown in for kicks). Guests love the hotel's look, particularly on the rooftop terraces and around the pool area, which comes complete with two joint Jacuzzis. But people aren't the only ones who enjoy a night at The Limelight Hotel: Fido will appreciate the complimentary food and water bowls, not to mention the nearby dog-walking area. Meanwhile, pizza takes on a new form at The LOUNGE, offering everyone's favorite meal from organic, locally sourced ingredients.How we rank hotels
- Concierge.com Editor's Pick
- Condé Nast Readers' Choice List 2014
- Frommer's Highly Recommended
- Lonely Planet Top Pick
- Room Service
- Shuttle Service
- Internet Access
- Pets Allowed
- Meeting Rooms
- Fitness Center
Location & Parking
The Limelight is located in the heart of Aspen, right next to a small park. The hotel is within easy walking distance of a number of restaurants, bars and shops. The 1A Lift is just three blocks away, and the hotel offers a shuttle to other ski departure points.
- The hotel is located 4 miles southeast of Aspen/Pitkin County Airport and about 185 miles southwest of Denver International Airport
- The hotel provides shuttle service to the Aspen airport
- Underground parking garage is available 24 hours per day and costs $18 per night
- Parking permits for residential area are also available for $5 and are valid for one week
- 24-hour valet parking
- 24-hour self-parking ($18)
- Airport shuttle (free)
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
The guest rooms at the Limelight are decorated in a contemporary, modern style with high ceilings and a neutral color palette. Amenities include Keurig coffee makers, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations.
- Daily resort fee of 6 percent of the room rate covers shuttle service, on-site ski lockers and in-room Wi-Fi access
Standard room size:315 square feet
- Internet (free)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
The Lounge serves up Italian and American classics in a lively, casual environment. The restaurant also hosts whiskey nights, beer dinners and a daily happy hour.
- Room service and to-go menus are also available
- The hotel can put together party packs for your room or the outdoor terrace
Number of restaurants:1
Cuisine types:Italian, American
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The small, heated pool is located on an outdoor terrace, shaded by pine trees. There are also two hot tubs for warming up after a day on the slopes.
- Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Poolside service starting from 3 p.m.
Number of pools:1
- Lap pool
- Wading pool
- Lazy river
- Family pool
- Infinity pool
- Whirlpool/hot tub
- Adults-only pool
- Indoor/outdoor combo
- Lifeguard on duty
- Poolside service
- Deck chairs or cabanas
- Pool bar
The "Family QT" package includes a kite, kid-friendly food and drink, s'mores fixings, a game and a disposable camera.
- Kids club
- High chairs
The hotel has a small fitness center with cardio machines and free weights. Those seeking a more complete fitness regimen can purchase a discounted pass to a full-service gym near the hotel.
- The Limelight also offers a number of guided ski and snowshoe adventures during the winter
- Gym hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Bicycles (free)
- Guided runs (free)
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
The Limelight has about 4,000 square feet of meeting space spread across five rooms. The hotel boasts full A/V capabilities and is wired for high-speed Internet throughout all of the public spaces.
- Multilingual computer station
- Outdoor meeting space is also available during the warmer months
Number of meeting rooms:5
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
Pets are welcome at the Limelight for a $25 per pet, per night fee. The hotel will also loan Fido a bowl and placemat for the duration of the stay. The hotel's location across from a park makes for easy walks.
- Pets allowed (with fee)
- Dog walking
Guests get special access to the Snowmass Club, located about 8 miles northwest of the hotel. The Snowmass Club features an 18-hole golf course, a 19,000 square foot athletic club and spa, 13 tennis courts and dining options.
- Daily fee
- Golf carts
- Golf packages
- Club rentals
- Club house
- Refreshment stand or restaurant
- Caddy service
- Pro shop
The Limelight has five potential wedding venues, including some especially picturesque outdoor spaces. The hotel's mountain views make a great backdrop for wedding photos, too.
- The hotel offers a number of customizable catering options
Maximum wedding guest capacity:326
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.