NYLO New York City
|#63 in Best New York City Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating Moderate||Guest Rating|
|Property Type||Boutique hotel with 291 rooms, 16 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Best For||Families, Couples, Solo travelers|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Internet Access, Business Center See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
Rising majestically on Manhattan's Upper West Side, NYLO New York City receives major points from recent guests for its top-notch service, spacious rooms and prime location. Situated just three blocks west of Central Park, this boutique hotel places visitors just north of all the action. While on the property, you can indulge your taste buds with delectable bites at one of the hotel's three sophisticated on-site dining venues. And after you've visited some of the Big Apple's most beloved sites — Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Fifth Avenue included — you can retreat to the hotel's elegant, yet simplistically decorated digs, appointed with Pure bathroom amenities, complimentary bottled water upon arrival and in-room Wolfgang Puck coffee.How we rank hotels
Location & Parking
In Manhattan's Upper West side, the hotel is about three blocks west of Central Park. Although it's a bit of a hike to some of the city's more popular tourist attractions in midtown, you're still just a 10-minute cab ride away. The location is also a bit sleepier (as far as Manhattan goes), amid brownstones and posh apartment residences.
- The hotel's parking is located across the street and valet is the same price as self-parking, though note that there are no in/out privileges
- Two blocks east to Central Park and the American Museum of Natural History; two blocks south to Beacon Theater, and it's a straight shot south to Lincoln Center (about half a mile)
- Multiple subway lines within a five block radius
- 24-hour valet parking ($55 to $65)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
NYLO New York has 291 swanky rooms, many of them with private balconies affording views of Central Park, the Hudson River or the city skyline. Gray-washed wooden floors, white linens, light pine furniture and bold blue accents lend an urban industrial air.
- Rooms feature original artwork from local artists and Wolfgang Puck coffee accompanies in-room machines. Note the hotel does not offer minibars, but minifridges are available for delivery upon request
- All guests have access to the 14th and 16th floor balcony lounges
- Wi-Fi available in rooms for $14.10 a day
Standard room size:240 square feet
- Internet (free)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
The NYLO boasts three co-located restaurants that offer different types of cuisine. Serafina, a worldwide chain restaurant serves northern Italian cuisine, while RedFarm offers modern Chinese food and dim sum. The LOCL Bar is a 1920s inspired bar with a piano lounge; its menu includes small appetizers and brick oven pizzas.
- There is no in-room dining, though guests can order and pick up take-away from Serafina or RedFarm
- LOCL bar is open throughout the day and serves as a meeting space for laptop-wielding guests; the bar has also opened a rooftop outpost on the 16th floor, open seasonally.
Number of restaurants:3
Cuisine types:Asian, Italian, American
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
While the modern vibe and general ambiance is more suited toward the hip millennial set, the hotel welcomes families. Several adjoining rooms are available and babysitting services can be arranged, but any children's perks have to be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Pack and play cribs for guests with young children
- High chairs in the restaurants
- Kids club
- High chairs
The NYLO's small 24-hour fitness center on the second floor features a stationary bike, treadmills, elliptical machines and free weights.
- NYLO partners with neighboring yoga studio, Pure Yoga, for free classes at the hotel during the week. Check with concierge for days and times
- Can fit about five to 10 people
- Complimentary towels and water
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
While the hotel welcomes business travelers, it does not host business meetings — NYLO's only real event space is the lobby (the shared balconies on the 14th and 16th floor are for guest lounging). There is a small business center and library off the lobby that has computers.
- Leather sofas and comfy chairs fill the richly appointed library offering books for guests to peruse and borrow
- Printing services from the front desk
Number of meeting rooms:0
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
The hotel welcomes dogs weighing less than 50 pounds (two max per family) for a $40 per pet fee; some packages, such as Dog Days at NYLO, waive the fee and include a host of dog-friendly treats.
- Dogs need to be crated or out of the room during housekeeping services, and cannot be left unattended while guests are out of the room
- Guests will need to sign a pet agreement upon check-in
- Pets allowed (with fee)
- Dog walking
The hotel does not host weddings, though it can accommodate groups for weddings at nearby venues. The hotel can also accommodate small functions, like cocktail receptions, in the lobby.
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.