The Oxford Hotel
|#4 in Best Denver Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating Good||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 510 reviews
|Property Type||Boutique hotel with 80 rooms, 5 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Best For||Business travelers, Couples, Families|
U.S. News Review
Located in Denver's LoDo district — just blocks from Coors Field and Elitch Gardens — this boutique hotel knows luxury like the back of its hand. Rooms come decked out with beautiful wooden beds and sport a variety of tech-friendly extras, such as plasma TVs and iPod docking stations. What's more, you'll be treated to high-end perks like complimentary Lincoln Town Car and bath butler services. And if you're traveling with kids, The Oxford Hotel has you covered, providing cribs and other amenities to make your little ones feel more at home. Recent guests particularly love The Oxford's unique decor; the property feels very turn-of-the-century with four-poster beds, claw-foot tubs and silky drapes. This theme carries through to McCormick's Fish House & Bar, which serves up hearty steak and seafood entrees in a classic pub environment. The spa, on the other hand exudes a more contemporary ambiance, pampering guests amid colorful curtains and pillows.How we rank hotels
- Condé Nast Readers' Choice List 2014
- Fodor's Choice
- Frommer's Recommended
- Lonely Planet Recommended
- Room Service
- Internet Access
- Business Center
- Pets Allowed
- Meeting Rooms
- Fitness Center
Location & Parking
The Oxford Hotel is one of the most historic hotels located in downtown Denver. The hotel's central location makes it easy for guests to see all that Denver has to offer. It is less than half a mile from Coors Field, one block south of Denver Union Station and near some of Denver's trendiest businesses and eateries.
- About 25 miles southwest of Denver International Airport
- Pepsi Center, where the Denver Nuggets play, is less than a mile west
- 24-hour valet parking ($39)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service (free)
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
No two rooms are the same at the Oxford hotel, however, all have simplistic antique decor contributing to the overall historic feel. Don't expect a huge room — the average is 250 square feet. In-room amenities include a Bose iPod dock, 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets and a flat-screen TV. ++ The daily $10 resort fee (plus tax) includes car service within a 2-mile radius, high-speed Internet, two in-room water bottles daily, coffee and tea available in lobby and second floor, one drink at the Bourbon bar, access to business center, fitness center and classes and more
- Complimentary shoe shine
Standard room size:250 square feet
- Internet (free)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
McCormick's Fish House & Bar is a fresh seafood house at The Oxford Hotel. The restaurant is decorated to resemble a fisherman's boat with a granite bar counter. Signature dishes include the cashew crusted tilapia and dry-rubbed Black Angus ribeye steak. The Cruise Room Bar is also available on the hotel's premises. Like the hotel, the Cruise Room Bar has a rich history — it was the first bar opened in Denver after prohibition was ratified.
Number of restaurants:1
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The Oxford Club, Spa & Salon provides handcrafted treatments like coconut sugar scrubs, milk and honey baths and the signature stone massages along with full salon services. Individual treatments can be customized. Packages are available.
- Appointments can be booked either online or over the phone
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Body treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
The Oxford Hotel provides complimentary welcome packages for children.
- Play yards available upon request
- Kids club
- High chairs
Officially named The Oxford Club, the hotel's full-service fitness center offers weights and cardio equipment. There are multiple fitness rooms equipped with a variety of yoga, Pilates and strength-training equipment. The club offers free group fitness classes each day to all hotel guests. Classes include yoga, Pilates, spinning and strength conditioning. A schedule can be found online. Personal training is also available for an additional fee.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- One private 60-minute personal training session is $70 and one semi-private 60-minute personal training session is $47.50 per person
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
The Oxford Hotel offers more than 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space that also includes a conference registration area. All rooms are decorated with Victorian-style decor including large chandeliers, iron details and glamorous furniture.
- Discounted rooms are available for groups of 10 or more
- On-site catering is available
Number of meeting rooms:6
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
Dogs are welcome to stay at The Oxford Hotel for a fee of $50 per night.
- Only two dogs allowed per room
- Each dog must weigh less than 60 pounds.
- Food and water bowls are given upon arrival
- Pets allowed (with fee)
- Dog walking
There is a course nearby.
- Golf carts
- Golf packages
- Club rentals
- Club house
- Refreshment stand or restaurant
- Caddy service
- Pro shop
The design of The Oxford Hotel includes iron stairwells and hardwood flooring. Each space can be arranged and customized to fit each wedding.
- 10,000 square feet of event space for wedding ceremonies, receptions and pre- and post-wedding events
- On-site catering is available
- Group block rates are available for wedding parties
Maximum wedding guest capacity:170
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know. If you are interested in obtaining a badge to display on your website or in other media, please contact us.