The St. Regis New York
|#11 in Best New York City Hotels|
|Hotel Class 5.0-star||Critic Rating Excellent||
TripAdvior Traveler Rating
Based on 679 reviews
|Property Type||Hotel with 238 rooms, 20 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Style||Traditional, Historic, Opulent|
|Best For||Business travelers, Families, Couples|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Internet Access, Business Center See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
The St. Regis, a landmark hotel set in midtown Manhattan, prides itself on its sophisticated setting and high level of customer service. Recent travelers say the hotel offers the perfect combination of Old World glamour and modern conveniences, reflected in the opulent silk wall coverings, custom-made furnishings and rich blue accents found in each of its 238 well-appointed guest rooms and suites. Inside the luxurious rooms, guests will also find sleek, flat-screen TVs, Remède bath products and airy floor-to-ceiling windows, among other features. Visitors also suggest indulging in a refreshing cocktail at King Cole Bar & Salon. A stay here will cost a pretty penny, but if you're a Starwood Preferred Guest, rest assured that you can earn or redeem privileges, such as complimentary nights, for choosing to bed down here.
- #11 in Best New York City Hotels
- #11 in Best New York Hotels
- #10 in Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- #8 in St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
- AAA/CAA Four Diamond Lodgings 2015
- Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards 2014
Location & Parking
The St. Regis New York is situated in midtown Manhattan, just south of Central Park. There are several subway stations nearby, as well as many bars and restaurants.
- In the heart of New York City, the St. Regis New York is within walking distance of the Museum of Modern Art, Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, the Guggenheim Museum, and Rockefeller Center.
- Less than a mile from Central Park and the Central Park Zoo, Battery Park and Bryant Park
- One mile from Grand Central Station and the Empire State Building
- 24-hour valet parking ($60 )
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service (with fee)
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
Rooms are a blend of classic, antique features such as silk wall coverings, along with modern technology like high-definition flat screen televisions. Bathrooms have Italian marble and rain showers.
- Bedrooms have king or double-sized beds and some include a sitting area and writing desk
- Every guest room comes with 24-hour butler service
- All rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi
Standard room size:430 square feet
- Internet (free)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
The King Cole Bar & Salon features a massive Maxfield Parrish mural of the same name, provides international cuisine prepared under the direction of famed chef John DeLucie, in a sophisticated setting. The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner menus.
- Guests can enjoy the music of a harpist from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday
- Afternoon tea is served daily from 3 to 5 p.m., Champagne is also offered
Number of restaurants:1
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
Although the St. Regis does not have an on-site spa, in-room treatments can be arranged through the concierge.
- Body treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
The Family Traditions at St. Regis program provides a tailored experience of amenities for young hotel guests, with turndown services, treats, child-sized robes and slippers and step-stools.
- The Family Experiences program offers customized museum tours and a Central Park escape, complete with a packed lunch prepared by one of the hotel chefs
- Nanny and babysitting services can be arranged with the concierge
- Kids club
- High chairs
St. Regis fitness center offers a wide variety of exercise options, including treadmills, elliptical machines and lifecycles, yoga and Pilates instruction, and personal trainer services. Relax after your workout in the steam room.
- Licensed massage therapists are also available
- Fitness center is open 24 hours
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
Business center offerings include secretarial services and computer rentals. The hotel has a dedicated meeting specialist who provides attentive service alongside guests through any event they host at The St. Regis.
- Meeting space is plentiful at more than 6,700 square feet
- In-house catering is available for meetings and events
Number of meeting rooms:16
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
The hotel has a number of spaces available for weddings, including its St. Regis Roof with vaulted ceilings and gilt chandeliers. A St. Regis wedding specialist can assist with flower arrangements, guest accommodations and room decor.
- The executive chef and catering staff prepare a custom menu for each wedding party.
- Roof space overlooks New York's Fifth Avenue.
Maximum wedding guest capacity:220
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know. If you are interested in obtaining a badge to display on your website or in other media, please contact us.