Warwick New York Hotel
|#76 in Best New York City Hotels|
|Hotel Class 4.0-star||Critic Rating N/A||Guest Rating|
|Property Type||Hotel with 426 rooms, 33 floors|
|Primary View(s)||City center|
|Best For||Business travelers, Families, Couples|
|AMENITIES||Room Service, Internet Access, Business Center See all amenities|
U.S. News Review
Just a few blocks south of Central Park in Manhattan, the Warwick New York Hotel and its friendly customer service staff receive high praise from previous guests. Alongside its convenient location, travelers appreciate that the Warwick's 426 guestrooms are more spacious than the average Big Apple accommodations; despite the Gilded Age decor (with antique-style furniture and elegant marble bathrooms), each room is ready for the 21st century guest, equipped with LCD TVs, minibars and Wi-Fi access. The in-house restaurant, Murals on 54, also elicits compliments for its colorful design (walls are covered by historic Dean Cornwell murals) and gourmet cuisine. But for some, the highlight of staying at the Warwick was the final bill: Guests mention that room rates here are reasonable for a Manhattan hotel of this caliber.How we rank hotels
Location & Parking
Located in Midtown West, the historic Warwick Hotel overlooking Sixth Avenue and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Route is within walking distance of the city's best shopping and dining, as well as major attractions.
- Five blocks south of Central Park and five blocks north of Rockefeller Plaza and Radio City Music Hall
- Within walking distance of Fifth Avenue boutiques and Broadway theaters
- Across the street from the Museum of Modern Art
- 24-hour valet parking ($50 to $60)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Movie theater
Legendary guests to the Warwick include Audrey Hepburn and the Beatles, and the hotel still keeps its traditional, luxurious vibe. Standard guest rooms feature soothing neutral tones giving them a residential feel, but also include modern amenities like Wi-Fi (for $9.95 per night), minibars and flat-screen TVs.
- Marble bathroom and Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy bath amenities
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Upgraded rooms have views of the Museum of Modern Art and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route
Standard room size:250 square feet
- Internet (with fee)
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless Internet
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
The on-site restaurant, Murals on 54, is named for the stunning Dean Cornwell murals that line the walls. The restaurant serves modern Mediterranean cuisine. The adjoining lounge and bar, Randolph's, named after media mogul William Randolph Hearst who built the hotel, serves similar fare but includes more small plate options.
- Murals on 54 serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week
- Randolph's is open daily from 5 to 11 p.m.
- Room service available daily from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Number of restaurants:2
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Free breakfast
The Warwick Hotel offers a family vacation package for two adults and two children (younger than 12) that includes a full buffet breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and discounts on valet parking and meals at the hotel's restaurant, Murals on 54.
- Complimentary welcome amenity for each child
- Up to four tickets to Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center
- Late checkout at 2 p.m. for Saturday or Sunday departure
- Kids club
- High chairs
Recently renovated, the fitness center at the Warwick Hotel is located on the third floor and offers cardiovascular machines and weight training equipment.
- Features treadmills, stationery bikes, stairmaster and free weights
- Individual TVs for each station
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Guided runs
- Paddle boats
- Motor boats
The Warwick Hotel offers a multilingual staff, a business center with Skype, printing and fax services and 8,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting space.
- Seven fully equipped meeting venues
- Flexible event spaces can accommodate up to 300 people
Number of meeting rooms:7
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
The historic Warwick Hotel is a romantic location for small weddings and features unique intimate spaces, as well as traditional event venues.
- The Cary Grant Suite, home to the actor for 12 years, is available for intimate weddings
- Can accommodate receptions for up to 150 guests
- Inclusive wedding packages available
Maximum wedding guest capacity:150
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor's note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.