Travel Rankings & Advice

The Remarkables

Kingston Road | New Zealand | Official website
The Remarkables Photo info
Kiwi Discovery/Flickr
  • Type: Recreation, Skiing
  • Time to Spend: Half Day to Full Day
Find Tours & Tickets
Powered by Viator
Overall Rating: 4.0 (3.8)
Value: 4.0 (4.0)
Facilities: 3.5 (3.5)
Atmosphere: 4.5 (4.5)
About these ratings

Offering 544 skiable acres, The Remarkables are truly remarkable and less than an hour's drive from Queenstown. About 60 percent of the runs are divvied up between beginning and advanced skiers, while the remaining 40 percent of the runs are geared to intermediates. And for non-skiers, there's also the Ozone Tubing Park, where you skid down a trail on an inflated “vehicle” created especially for tube travel.

Travelers give mixed reviews on The Remarkables. For the most part, beginners and family travelers greatly enjoy the ski runs and activities for kids. But more experienced powder hounds are less enthralled with the smallish ski area and gentle slopes.

Although you can see The Remarkables at a remarkably high resolution from central Queenstown, it will take you about 40 minutes to drive to them. For lift ticket pricing and more information on skiing The Remarkables, visit the ski area's website

See other top ranked attractions in Queenstown»

Next Steps: Queenstown

U.S. News Airfare Finder

Find Best Airfares to Queenstown

See best fares from Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak & more!
Please enter missing information