|No. of Daily Flights||More than 2,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Flight|
|Free Flight Options|
|About these ratings|
The Delta SkyMiles program is convenient for frequent flyers based in central and southern U.S. cities like Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City, as well as passengers who frequently fly to and from New York City. By becoming a SkyMiles member, you'll earn miles on every Delta, Delta Connection or Delta Shuttle flight, which you can put toward future air travel with Delta or any of its 25 partner airlines. You will also earn Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs), which will help you gain access to a variety of perks through the Delta SkyMiles Medallion program. You can also earn miles on everyday purchases if you've signed up for a Delta SkyMiles credit card by American Express. And thanks to Delta's relationship with Starwood Hotels, program members can save on accommodations at more than 1,000 hotels around the world.
Pros & Cons
- More than 25 participating airlines
- Rewards do not expire
- Rewards can be applied to air travel and hotel rooms
- Blackout dates may apply
- Limited seating available for travel
- Rewards flights are only redeemable through Delta.com
By becoming a SkyMiles member, you'll earn base miles for every dollar spent on a Delta, Delta Connection or Delta Shuttle flight, as well as on travel on any of Delta's 25 partner airlines. These miles can be used to cover the cost of future air travel on Delta or any affiliated carriers.
Can Points Expire? NO
Can Earn Points On...
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
- Credit Card
Can Use Points On...
- Booking Flights
- Cabin Upgrades
- Hotel Stays
The Delta SkyMiles program is divided into two categories: the basic SkyMiles membership and the Medallion membership. The Medallion program is then split into four classes: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- Earning rates vary depending on which airline you fly. Delta SkyMiles partners do not necessarily offer the same number of miles as Delta.
- Travel using SkyMiles may be subject to blackout dates.
- Expedited passage through airport security checkpoints is dependent on individual qualification.
- There's no additional fee for redeeming miles and no cap on how many miles you can use at a time or how often you can pay with miles.
- In order to use miles, you must book your flight through Delta.com. Travelers can only redeem miles with flights marked "Pay with Miles."
- You must have a minimum balance of 10,000 miles in order to use miles to cover flight costs.
- SkyMiles do not cover any additional taxes or fees.
- You will be required to pay between $5 and $10 in taxes and fees when you use miles to purchase a domestic flight. International flights may require up to $600 in international taxes and fees.
You might also like:
Starwood Preferred Guest Program
Ranked #3 in Best Programs
The Starwood Preferred Guest (or SPG) program caters primarily to businesspeople who often travel to major ... Read More»
United MileagePlus Program
Ranked #2 in Best Programs
The United MileagePlus program is best for travelers based in major American cities like Cleveland, Read More»
American Airlines AAdvantage Program
Ranked #5 in Best Programs
The American Airlines AAdvantage program benefits travelers based in eastern, central and southern American cities, such ... Read More»