Southwest Rapid Rewards
|No. of Daily Flights||More than 2,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Flight|
|Free Flight Options|
|About these ratings|
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program is most beneficial for travelers based in the southwest United States who frequently fly to major cities around the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean. Since merging with AirTran, Southwest offers more than 3,800 flights a day to more than 90 destinations. By becoming a Southwest Rapid Rewards member, you'll earn points for every dollar spent on Southwest or AirTran flights and with the airline's hotel, car rental and retail partners. If you have one of the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards from Chase Visa, you can earn additional points on Southwest and partner purchases and by making everyday purchases. You can use your Rapid Rewards points to pay for the cost of air travel on any Southwest or AirTran flight, and if you are a Southwest credit card holder, you can also use points to cover the cost of international flights, hotel stays, car rentals and gift cards.
Pros & Cons
- No blackout dates
- Rewards can be earned on flights and hotels
- Miles can be used for any available seat on any Southwest or AirTran flight
- Southwest's only flights outside the U.S. are to Mexico and the Caribbean
- The number of points needed to redeem a free flight varies widely
- Points and cash cannot be combined to cover flight costs
By enrolling in the Southwest Rapid Rewards program, you'll earn points for every dollar spent on Southwest flights. These points can be used to cover the cost of air travel on Southwest Airlines.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Booking Flights
- Hotel Stays
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program has four membership tiers: basic membership, A-List, A-List Preferred and Companion Pass.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- Points will expire after two years if you don't earn points via flight or partner purchases.
- You cannot earn points on additional expenses (such as extra checked baggage and the cost of flying with a pet), taxes or fees.
- You cannot earn points for tickets purchased for other customers.
- You cannot combine points and cash to cover the cost of a flight.
- Special fares — like senior, infant, child, military and government fares — cannot be purchased with points.
- You cannot use your points to book tickets through a travel agent or a third-party website.
- You cannot combine your points with those of another Rapid Rewards member to achieve higher membership status or earn a free flight faster.
- Bonus points cannot be used to achieve a higher membership status.
You might also like:
Frontier EarlyReturns Program
Ranked #9 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
JetBlue TrueBlue Program
Ranked #1 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The JetBlue TrueBlue program best serves travelers based in East Coast and ... Read More»
Best Western Rewards Program
Ranked #3 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Best Western Rewards program is geared toward budget-minded business and family ... Read More»