Virgin America Elevate
|No. of Daily Flights||Fewer than 500|
|Ease of Earning Free Flight|
|Free Flight Options|
|About these ratings|
The Virgin America Elevate program benefits domestic fliers traveling in and out of San Francisco, Los Angeles and other cities on the West Coast. Become an Elevate member and you'll earn reward points when you fly on Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia flights. If you fly often enough to reach Elevate Silver or Elevate Gold status, you'll get perks like complimentary upgrades and free checked bags. And because Virgin America partners with hotels, rental car agencies and retail stores, you can accrue rewards when you're not in flight. You can also earn reward points on everyday purchases when you use one of two Virgin America credit cards from Visa.
Pros & Cons
- Straightforward earnings system
- No blackout dates or restrictions on rewards flights redeemed on Virgin America
- Points can be earned on hotel stays, car rentals, cruises and retail purchases
- Points expire after 18 months of inactivity
- Cannot earn or redeem points on baggage fees or in-flight purchases
- There is a limited number of seats available for rewards travel on partner airlines
As a Virgin America Elevate member, you can earn and redeem points on Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Emirates flights. You'll also earn points on hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, retail and cruises booked with Elevate partners, as well as on everyday purchases made using a Virgin America Elevate Visa credit card.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Booking Flights
- Cabin Upgrades
- Hotel Stays
The Virgin America Elevate program has three membership levels: Elevate Red, Elevate Silver and Elevate Gold.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- If you fail to earn or redeem points for 18 months, your account will be deemed inactive and your points will expire. Using your Virgin America Elevate Visa credit card will keep your account active.
- You can transfer up to 30,000 reward points per calendar year to another Elevate member (for a fee of $10 to $600 depending on the number of points transferred). Status points are non-transferable.
- You can only earn points on one seat per member per flight, regardless of how many seats you purchase.
- Seat availability may be limited when using points on partner airlines.
- Not all partner airlines honor Elevate Silver or Elevate Gold benefits.
- Points earned from hotels, rental cars and other partners do not count toward your status level.
- Complimentary Main Cabin Select upgrades are not available on partner flights or on reward travel.
- Free checked bags are limited to a maximum of 50 pounds.
You might also like:
JetBlue TrueBlue Program
Ranked #1 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The JetBlue TrueBlue program best serves travelers based in East Coast and ... Read More»
Southwest Rapid Rewards Program
Ranked #2 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program is most beneficial for travelers based in ... Read More»
Ranked #8 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The HawaiianMiles rewards program is ideal for those traveling from the Unites ... Read More»