|No. of Hotels in Network||More than 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
Choice Privileges program from Choice Hotels caters to families and business travelers who prefer to travel the world on a budget. Choice's approximately 6,300 hotels tend to be situated in major tourism destinations in the United States like New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, Florida, and Ocean City, Maryland. Choice Privileges members can earn points that can be used toward free stays at any participating property with in the Choice Hotels network, including those associated with the Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites and Econo Lodge brands, among others. You can also cash in your rewards at participating Preferred Hotel Group properties. If you have a Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card or a Choice Privileges MasterCard, you can earn Choice Privilege points for every dollar spent.
Pros & Cons
- More than 6,300 participating hotels
- Stays at budget hotels can earn you free nights at luxury hotels
- No blackout dates on free nights in Choice Hotels
- Choice Privileges points expire two years after you earn them
- Basic members must wait until 30 days prior to planned arrival to book reward nights
- Free nights can cost a lot of points
Choice Privileges rewards you with points every time you stay in a Choice brand hotel, make a purchase with a Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card or Choice Privileges MasterCard, or shop at a Choice Privileges partner retailer. You can exchange those points for future stays in Choice or Preferred brand hotels, or for airline miles, travel discounts and shopping rewards.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Hotel Stays
- Air Travel
- Credit Card
Can Use Points On...
- Air Travel
- Booking Hotels
- Room Upgrades
The Choice Privileges program is divided into the basic membership and elite membership. There are three elite membership levels: Gold, Platinum and Diamond.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older to be a Choice Privileges member.
- You can earn points for up to two rooms per night in the same hotel if both rooms are reserved in your name.
- If two or more Choice Privileges members are sharing a room, points will be awarded to the person whose name is on the reservation.
- Choice Privileges points will expire two years after the year you earned them.
- For each stay, you must choose whether you want to earn Choice Privilege points, airline miles or Amtrak Guest Rewards. You cannot earn all three in one stay, and they are non-transferable.
- You must make reward night reservations through the program line or through your online Choice Privileges profile.
- Reward nights in a hotel in your country of residence can be booked no more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival (unless you have an extended time frame due to your elite status).
- Reward nights in hotels in all other locations must be booked no more than 60 days prior to your planned arrival (unless you have an extended time frame due to your elite status).
You might also like:
Club Carlson Program
Ranked #4 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
Honored by more than 1,000 hotel properties around the world, the Carlson ... Read More»
Best Western Rewards Program
Ranked #3 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Best Western Rewards program is geared toward budget-minded business and family ... Read More»
IHG Rewards Club Program
Ranked #2 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The InterContinental Hotel Group's Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who ... Read More»