|No. of Hotels in Network||More than 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
Choice Privileges program from Choice Hotels caters to families and business travelers who prefer to travel the world on a budget. Choice's approximately 6,200 hotels tend to be situated in major tourism destinations in the United States like New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, Fla. and Ocean City, Md. Choice Privileges members can earn points that can be used toward free stays at any participating Choice Hotels property, including the brands Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites and Econo Lodge. You can also cash in your rewards at participating Preferred Hotel Group properties. If you are a Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card holder, you can earn Choice Privilege points for every dollar spent.
Pros & Cons
- More than 6,200 participating hotels
- Stays at budget hotels can earn you free nights at luxury hotels
- No blackout dates on free nights in Choice Hotels
- Choice Privileges points expire two years after you earn them
- Basic members must wait until 30 days prior to planned arrival to book reward nights
- Free nights can cost a lot of points
Choice Privileges rewards you with points every time you stay in a Choice brand hotel, make a purchase with a Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card or shop at a Choice Privileges partner retailer. You can exchange those points for future stays in Choice or Preferred brand hotels, or for airline miles, travel discounts and shopping rewards.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Room Upgrades
- Booking Hotels
- Air Travel
The Choice Privileges program is divided into the basic membership and elite membership. There are three Elite Membership Levels: Gold, Platinum and Diamond.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older to be a Choice Privileges member.
- You can earn points for up to two rooms per night in the same hotel if both rooms are reserved in your name.
- If two or more Choice Privileges members are sharing a room, points will be awarded to the person whose name is on the reservation.
- Choice Privileges points will expire two years after the year you earned them.
- For each stay, you must choose whether you want to earn Choice Privilege points, airline miles or Amtrak Guest Rewards. You cannot earn all three in one stay, and they are non-transferable.
- You must make reward night reservations through the program line or through your online Choice Privileges profile.
- Reward nights in the continental U.S. and Canada can be booked no more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival (unless you have an extended time frame due to your Elite status).
- Reward nights in Hawaii hotels and in many locations outside of North America can be booked no more than 60 days prior to your planned arrival (unless you have an extended time frame due to your Elite status).
You might also like:
Club Carlson Program
Ranked #5 in Best Programs
Honored by more than 1,000 hotel properties around the world, the Carlson Rezidor hotel group's loyalty ... Read More»
Best Western Rewards Program
Ranked #2 in Best Programs
The Best Western Rewards program is geared toward business and family travelers on a budget. Best ... Read More»
IHG Rewards Club Program
Ranked #7 in Best Programs
The InterContinental Hotel Group's (IHG) Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who frequent major cities ... Read More»