Hyatt Gold Passport
|No. of Hotels in Network||500 - 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The Hyatt Gold Passport rewards program is geared toward business and leisure travelers who visit major cities within the United States, Europe and Asia. The Hyatt portfolio comprises more than 500 properties worldwide with hotels concentrated in American destinations like Atlanta, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington, D.C. The network of brands includes Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt. As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you will accumulate points to use for free nights, room upgrades, airline miles, train tickets, dining and spa services. If you are a Hyatt Chase Visa credit card holder, you can earn additional points for everyday purchases and charges made at Hyatt hotels.
Pros & Cons
- Complimentary stays in standard rooms start at 5,000 points
- Room upgrades offered at minimal cost or points
- Can convert points to airline miles or Amtrak rewards
- More restrictions apply to amenities at higher-end brand hotels
- Points cannot be transferred to other guests
- Limited number of rooms available for rewards booking
You can earn points by staying at Hyatt properties. You can also collect points through the purchase of goods and services with Hyatt's partners like Avis. And Hyatt's alliance with 30 participating airline carriers allows you to earn miles for each Hyatt stay.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Room Upgrades
- Booking Hotels
- Air Travel
The Hyatt Gold Passport program offers three levels of membership: Gold, Platinum and Diamond. The more often you stay with Hyatt, the quicker you are elevated to a higher membership tier. All membership levels allow you to book a free night in any available standard room.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your state of residence to be eligible for the program.
- Memberships may not be shared or combined.
- All room upgrades and membership benefits are subject to availability.
- Not all locations allow you to redeem points for meals and spa services.
- You must show your government ID to earn or redeem points at participating hotel restaurants or spas.
- Expedited check-in is not available at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House or Hyatt Residence Club properties.
- Late checkout requests are subject to availability. This option is not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
- If an account is left inactive for more than 12 months, the account may be terminated and all points in the account will be forfeited.
- You will not receive points for rooms booked through third-party websites. You also will not receive points when using a travel agent, Hyatt employee, airline employee or tour package discount.
- Points do not cover taxes or service charges.
- The ratio of rewards points to airline miles is 2½-to-1 and requires a minimum of 5,000 points.
You might also like:
Le Club Accorhotels Program
Ranked #9 in Best Programs
The Accor hospitality group's loyalty program, Le Club Accorhotels, is most advantageous for business and luxury ... Read More»
Hilton HHonors Program
Ranked #4 in Best Programs
The Hilton HHonors program is most advantageous for business and luxury travelers who frequently fly to ... Read More»
IHG Rewards Club Program
Ranked #7 in Best Programs
The InterContinental Hotel Group's (IHG) Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who frequent major cities ... Read More»