Hyatt Gold Passport
|No. of Hotels in Network||500 - 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The Hyatt Gold Passport rewards program is geared toward business and leisure travelers who visit major cities within the United States, Europe and Asia. The Hyatt portfolio comprises more than 540 properties worldwide with hotels concentrated in American destinations like Atlanta, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington, D.C. The network of brands includes Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt, among others. As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you will accumulate points to use for free nights, room upgrades, airline miles, dining and spa services. If you are a Hyatt Chase Visa credit card holder, you can earn additional points for everyday purchases and charges made at Hyatt hotels.
Pros & Cons
- Complimentary stays in standard rooms start at 5,000 points
- Earn and use points at hotels across a variety of price points and styles
- Points can be converted to airline miles
- Some elite membership benefits are not available at higher-end hotels
- Limited number of rooms available for rewards booking
- Rooms at high-end category properties cost a large number of points
You can earn points by staying at Hyatt properties. You can also collect points through the purchase of goods and services with Hyatt's partners like Avis. And Hyatt's alliance with 27 participating airline carriers allows you to earn miles for each Hyatt stay.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Hotel Stays
- Credit Card
Can Use Points On...
- Air Travel
- Booking Hotels
- Room Upgrades
The Hyatt Gold Passport program offers three levels of membership: Gold, Platinum and Diamond. The more often you stay with Hyatt, the quicker you'll climb the membership ladder. All membership levels allow you to book a free night in any available standard room.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your state of residence to be eligible for the program.
- Members can combine the necessary number of points in one Hyatt Gold Passport account with another account to specifically redeem an award. A point combining transaction can only be completed by a member once every 30 days.
- All room upgrades and membership benefits are subject to availability.
- Not all locations allow you to redeem points for meals and spa services.
- You must show your government ID and present your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number to earn or redeem points at participating hotel restaurants or spas.
- To redeem a free night using the Points + Cash program, you must call 1-800-228-3360; you cannot book with a combination of points and cash online.
- Expedited check-in is not available at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Residence Club properties.
- Late checkout requests are subject to availability. This option is not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
- If an account is left inactive for more than 24 months, the account will be terminated and all points in the account will be forfeited.
- You will not receive points for rooms booked through third-party websites. You also will not receive points when using a travel agent, Hyatt employee or airline employee discount.
- Points do not cover taxes or service charges.
- The ratio of rewards points to airline miles is 2½-to-1 and requires a minimum of 5,000 points.
- Diamond members will get 2,500 bonus points per stay as well as daily complimentary full breakfast in the event that Regency Club or Grand Club lounge access is not available due to high demand.
You might also like:
Le Club Accorhotels Program
Ranked #11 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Accor hospitality group's loyalty program, Le Club Accorhotels, is most advantageous ... Read More»
Hilton HHonors Program
Ranked #6 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Hilton HHonors program is most advantageous for business and luxury travelers ... Read More»
IHG Rewards Club Program
Ranked #2 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The InterContinental Hotel Group's Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who ... Read More»