IHG Rewards Club
|No. of Hotels in Network||More than 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The InterContinental Hotel Group's Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who frequent major cities like New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami and London. Through IHG's Rewards Club, you can earn rewards at more than 4,600 properties within IHG's extensive network of hotels, including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Hotel Indigo and Staybridge Suites properties. The program also offers a variety of ways to use your accumulated points, ranging from paying for hotel stays and airline flights to purchasing goods and services online. You can also earn points on hotel stays and everyday purchases with the IHG Rewards Club MasterCard from Chase.
Pros & Cons
- 4,600 participating hotels worldwide
- Points never expire
- You can use points for free nights at hotels outside the IHG network
- Points are not awarded for discounted rooms
- Rewards options vary by location
- Extra points are required to redeem Reward Nights at all-inclusive resorts
You can earn points by staying at hotels within the InterContinental Hotel Group's network — which include InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn properties, among others — and through spending on goods and services with IHG partner vendors. If you are an IHG Rewards Club MasterCard holder, you can earn additional points at IHG properties worldwide and on purchases you make every day.
Can Points Expire? NO
Can Earn Points On...
- Hotel Stays
- Air Travel
- Credit Card
Can Use Points On...
- Air Travel
- Booking Hotels
- Room Upgrades
You can qualify for different membership levels depending on how often you stay at IHG properties and how many points you earn in a calendar year. The Rewards Club program is divided into three levels: Club, Gold Elite and Platinum Elite. You can also become an InterContinental Ambassador for an extra fee or a Royal Ambassador by exclusive invitation.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older to join.
- Discounted rooms or rooms booked through third-party websites are not eligible for rewards.
- Advance reservations are required for Reward Nights.
- Points are not awarded for fractions of dollars spent, taxes, service fees or gratuities.
- Gift shop purchases and charges that are not billed to your room will not count toward your accrual of points.
- Rewards Club points can be transferred between any two member accounts, but it will cost you $5 per 1,000 points for each transfer.
- You can convert Rewards Club points to miles or credits with participating frequent flier programs.
You might also like:
Marriott Rewards Program
Ranked #1 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Marriott Rewards program accommodates both business and leisure travelers who visit ... Read More»
Starwood Preferred Guest Program
Ranked #5 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Starwood Preferred Guest (or SPG) program caters primarily to businesspeople who ... Read More»
American Airlines AAdvantage Program
Ranked #5 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The American Airlines AAdvantage program benefits travelers based in eastern, central and ... Read More»