La Quinta Returns
|No. of Hotels in Network||500 - 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The La Quinta Inns & Suites loyalty program, La Quinta Returns, is best suited for budget-conscious business and leisure travelers, offering perks like complimentary breakfast and Internet access. La Quinta properties can be found in major American cities, including New York City, Miami and San Diego, and — much to road-trippers' delight — along many major U.S. highways. La Quinta's portfolio includes more than 800 properties across the U.S., Canada and Mexico, and has a strong presence in Texas (where the company is headquartered). As a La Quinta Returns member, you'll collect points for all nights spent at any hotel within La Quinta's network. Those points can be redeemed for stays at any La Quinta property, as well as at the 26 luxury hotels and resorts with which the hotel chain partners with, including the Stowe Mountain Lodge in Stowe, Vermont, and the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, California. Plus, La Quinta's alliance with a handful of air carriers, including Southwest Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines, allows members to convert loyalty points to frequent flier miles or earn miles instead of La Quinta Returns points. La Quinta Returns members can also apply points to magazine subscriptions or gift certificates for retailers and travel partners, including Amazon and Celebrity Cruises.
Pros & Cons
- Points can be converted to frequent flier miles
- Earn points at budget hotels to use at high-end properties
- Members can reach Gold level after 10 qualifying stays
- To earn points at participating hotels, you must stay at a La Quinta Inn or La Quinta Inn & Suites property
- Free nights at partnering luxury hotels and resorts require more than 27,500 points
- Top-tier membership status is terminated at the end of the following calendar year after you achieve elite status
La Quinta rewards you with La Quinta Returns points for every night spent at a hotel within the La Quinta Inn and La Quinta Inn & Suites network. La Quinta Returns points can be redeemed at properties within the La Quinta network; they can also be used for free nights at any of the 26 partnering luxury hotels and resorts across the U.S., Australia, Italy and Spain. Or, you can choose to convert hotel loyalty points into frequent flier miles if you present your La Quinta Returns member number as well as your frequent flier program membership number at check-in. However, accumulated loyalty points cannot be transferred to miles or air credit. You may also accrue La Quinta Returns points on meals, entertainment and other purchases made using the La Quinta Returns credit card from Visa.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Booking Hotels
- Air Travel
The La Quinta Returns program is separated into three membership levels: Silver, Gold and Elite.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older to qualify for the La Quinta Returns program.
- Members who book stays through a third-party booking site will not accumulate La Quinta Returns points.
- To collect points, you must present your La Quinta Returns membership number each time you check in.
- If your account remains without stay activity for 18 consecutive months, the account may be closed and all points will be forfeited.
- You may only receive a 20 or 30 percent tier bonus on top of La Quinta Returns base points per stay at an affiliated La Quinta property; points are not awarded retroactively.
- Only one program member can accumulate points for his or her membership account per each booking; points will not be awarded until 72 hours after checkout.
- Members may not collect points for more than three rooms per stay reserved on the same La Quinta Returns membership number.
- Members are prohibited from grouping points into a collective account and points are nontransferable.
- La Quinta Returns points do not cover movies, phone calls, taxes or other extra in-room charges.
You might also like:
Best Western Rewards Program
Ranked #3 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Best Western Rewards program is geared toward budget-minded business and family ... Read More»
IHG Rewards Club Program
Ranked #5 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The InterContinental Hotel Group's Rewards Club program caters to business travelers who ... Read More»
Choice Privileges Program
Ranked #11 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Choice Privileges program from Choice Hotels caters to families and business ... Read More»