|No. of Hotels in Network||More than 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The Marriott Rewards program accommodates both business and leisure travelers who visit major cities in the United States, Canada, Asia and Europe. As a program member, you will earn rewards points when you stay with one of 18 affiliated brands, including Ritz-Carlton, Courtyard Marriott, Renaissance and Residence Inn. (You can earn additional points when you make purchases with one of Chase Visa's three Marriott Rewards credit cards.) You'll also receive a free night at participating hotels when you use points to book a consecutive four-night stay. In addition to hotel stays and room upgrades, you can redeem points for spa and dining gift cards or merchandise. Marriott's program partners with The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program, so you can accrue and redeem points with either program and use them interchangeably. Plus, Marriott Rewards can be redeemed for flights through more than 30 airline rewards programs like United MileagePlus and Delta SkyMiles.
Pros & Cons
- No blackout dates when redeeming free nights on standard rooms
- More than 3,700 participating hotels in more than 70 countries
- Rewards can be used on hotel stays and flights
- Accounts can be closed if there is no activity over a two year period
- Rooms at high category hotels cost a large number of points
- Marriott's top-tier membership level is harder to reach than Starwood's or Hilton's highest level
As a Marriott Rewards program member, you earn points on expenses at participating hotels. Points can be used for nightly stays, room upgrades and spa or dining credits at Marriott-affiliated properties.
Can Points Expire? YES
Can Earn Points On...
- Hotel Stays
- Air Travel
- Credit Card
Can Use Points On...
- Air Travel
- Booking Hotels
- Room Upgrades
The Marriott Rewards program is divided into four membership levels based on paid nights per calendar year: basic member, Silver Elite, Gold Elite and Platinum Elite.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- The program only guarantees no blackout dates on standard rooms and some Marriott hotels will limit the total number of standard rooms available to points-users on a given day.
- Blackout dates may apply at Marriott Vacation Club resorts.
- Silver Elite, Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members only earn base points, not bonus points, for stays at ExecuStay or Marriott Executive Apartments.
- Not all Ritz-Carlton properties participate in the Marriott Rewards program.
- "Guaranteed Room Type" is not available for Gold and Platinum Elite members at Ritz-Carlton or EDITION properties.
- Points can be transferred to your spouse or domestic partner to qualify for a specific award immediately prior to the time of redemption and only as long as he or she is a Marriott Rewards member.
- Rooms can be reserved using points even if you have not accumulated a sufficient number of points to redeem a reward stay. You have up to seven days before your stay to earn or purchase the remaining points.
You might also like:
Hilton HHonors Program
Ranked #6 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Hilton HHonors program is most advantageous for business and luxury travelers ... Read More»
Starwood Preferred Guest Program
Ranked #5 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Starwood Preferred Guest (or SPG) program caters primarily to businesspeople who ... Read More»
United MileagePlus Program
Ranked #4 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
The United MileagePlus program is best for travelers based in major American ... Read More»