Starwood Preferred Guest
|No. of Hotels in Network||More than 1,000|
|Ease of Earning Free Night|
|About these ratings|
The Starwood Preferred Guest (or SPG) program caters primarily to businesspeople who often travel to major cities in the United States, Asia and Europe. Preferred Guest program members can earn and redeem points in more than 1,000 hotels across nine different brands. Starwood's partnership with Delta Air Lines and more than 30 other carriers also allows program participants to save on flight costs. The hotel group also has a relationship with American Express; the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card by American Express enables travelers to accrue rewards with every dollar spent.
Pros & Cons
- Points never expire
- More than 1,000 participating hotels
- Points can be used for hotel stays and airlines
Starwood rewards, known as Starpoints, can be earned and used at more than 1,000 hotels around the world. You can also earn Starpoints on everyday purchases using the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express.
Can Points Expire? NO
Can Earn Points On...
- Credit Card
- Air Travel
- Hotel Stays
Can Use Points On...
- Room Upgrades
- Booking Hotels
- Air Travel
The Starwood Preferred Guest program is divided into three tiers: Preferred Guest, Gold Preferred Guest and Platinum Preferred Guest.How Membership Works»
The Fine Print
- You must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen to qualify for the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
- The number of Starpoints needed for a free night varies depending on the hotel and the room type.
- Starwood Preferred Guest's "No Blackout Dates" guarantee only applies to free nights in standard rooms. Room upgrades and flights are subject to blackouts.
- Starpoints do not cover taxes and service charges.
- In order to pay for a hotel stay with Starpoints, reservations must be made in advance.
- The exchange ratio for Starpoints to frequent flyer miles is 1-to-1 for most partner airlines; however, that ratio may vary depending on the carrier.
- Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program can earn additional Starpoints by signing up for the affiliated American Express credit card.
You might also like:
Delta SkyMiles Program
Ranked #3 in Best Airline Rewards Programs
Marriott Rewards Program
Ranked #1 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Marriott Rewards program accommodates both business and leisure travelers who visit major cities in the ... Read More»
Kimpton InTouch Program
Ranked #13 in Best Hotel Rewards Programs
The Kimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty program benefits businesspeople looking for stylish accommodations in major American cities ... Read More»