What to Eat in Aruba
Aruba is renowned for both the quantity and the quality of its restaurants. Stick to the high-rise area (around Palm Beach) for Caribbean, French, Argentinean, Japanese, Italian, Mexican and even Indian cuisine, or head south to Oranjestad for Dutch-influenced dining. According to most, the excellence of Aruba's restaurants is largely due to competition; restaurant owners are always looking for ways to lure new clientele, whether it's putting a different spin on a traditional recipe, bringing in live entertainment or taking the time to thank diners for their visit. Don't leave the island without sampling some of its local favorites like giambo, a thick gumbo chock full of fresh seafood and flavorful meats, kesio, a rich caramel custard, pan bati, a cornbread pancake, keshi yena, a stuffed cheese, or carni stoba, a type of beef stew.
If you're looking for an upscale experience, Fred Restaurant and 2 Fools and a Bull win over visitors for their international menus. On the other end of the budget spectrum, Eduardo's Beach Shack and Kamini's Kitchen are equally lauded for their healthy options and fresh fruit.
Find the Best Restaurants in Aruba
- #1Huchada#1 of 7 Places to Eat in Santa CruzTripAdvisor (59)$ | Caribbean, Cafe, Deli, Dutch, EuropeanSanta Cruz 328, Santa Cruz ArubaRead More »
- #2Sensei Sushi Bar#2 of 7 Places to Eat in Santa CruzTripAdvisor (10)Sushi, Japanese76 B Lokaal 2, Santa Cruz ArubaRead More »
- #3The New Shahai Take Away N.V.#3 of 7 Places to Eat in Santa CruzTripAdvisor (4)$ | CaribbeanMacuarima 61-b, Santa Cruz ArubaRead More »
- #4Neii'S SnackTruck#4 of 7 Places to Eat in Santa CruzTripAdvisor (1)Macuarima 147-B, Santa Cruz 00297 ArubaRead More »
- Santa Cruz Bar And RestaurantChineseSanta Cruz 58, Santa Cruz ArubaRead More »
- Balashi 55TripAdvisor (37)InternationalLatitude 12.48 Longitude -69. 98, Santa Cruz ArubaRead More »
- Don PinchoTripAdvisor (6)Papilon 53, Santa Cruz 0000 ArubaRead More »
Explore More of Aruba
When purchasing from our site, we may earn commissions. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.
Lyn MettlerSeptember 17, 2019
Gwen PratesiSeptember 16, 2019
Kim Foley MacKinnonSeptember 13, 2019
Holly JohnsonSeptember 12, 2019
John RodwanSeptember 12, 2019
Gwen PratesiSeptember 9, 2019
Holly JohnsonSeptember 9, 2019
Gwen PratesiSeptember 6, 2019
Lyn MettlerSeptember 5, 2019