Free Things To Do in Auckland
- #1View all Photos...Read More »
Situated just off the coast of central Auckland across from Devonport is Rangitoto Island, a volcanic island known for its superb hiking trails and panoramic views. Multiple trails are available for island exploration, including the popular Summit Track, which takes hikers through lava fields and the world's largest pohutukawa forest to the island's summit.
- #2View all PhotosfreeCornwall Park#2 in AucklandParks and Gardens, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDParks and Gardens, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Imagine New York's Central Park but with a New Zealand twist, and you've got Cornwall Park. This sprawling park, which sits on a volcanic cone, offers an abundance of greenery, plus unique features like the remnants of a pre-European Maori fort and the remains of Sir John Logan Campbell, the park's donor. One of the park's greatest assets is its lookout point: Don't leave without taking in the views at One Tree Hill.
- #3View all PhotosfreeMount Eden#3 in AucklandNatural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, Sightseeing, FreeTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDNatural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, Sightseeing, FreeTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND
- #4View all Photos#4 in AucklandBeaches, Hiking, Natural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, FreeTYPEHalf Day to Full DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, Hiking, Natural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, FreeTYPEHalf Day to Full DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Tucked along the North Island's west coast less than 17 miles away from the city center, Waitakere Ranges Regional Park boasts 40,000 acres of forest and beaches. Everything from hiking and biking to bird-watching and strolling along the park's black sand beaches can be enjoyed here. Must-see landscapes in this sprawling parkland include Piha and Whatipu's beaches and Fairy Falls waterfall.
- #6View all PhotosfreeWaiheke Island#6 in AucklandBeaches, Natural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPEHalf Day to Full DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, Natural Wonders, Parks and Gardens, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPEHalf Day to Full DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Whether you're a foodie, a thrill-seeker or a beach bum, odds are you'll love exploring Waiheke Island. Found within the Hauraki Gulf near Rangitoto Island and Tiritiri Matangi Open Sanctuary, Waiheke Island features several vineyards and olive groves, multiple white sand beaches and a variety of shops and restaurants. For adventure junkies, book a zip lining excursion with EcoZip Adventures.
- #9View all PhotosfreeViaduct Harbour#9 in AucklandFree, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDFree, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
For some of central Auckland's best restaurants and bars, consider visiting the city's waterfront Viaduct Harbour. This Auckland precinct, which some compare to Sydney's Darling Harbour, features more than 30 watering holes and eateries, plus a marina, the New Zealand Maritime Museum and several hotels.
- #12View all Photos...Read More »
This suburb of Auckland hosts a spectacular view of the City of Sails, so bring your camera. Aside from being a quaint spot to dine and shop, it also features a naval base. For a laid-back day of meandering past colonial architecture and along peaceful beaches, Devonport is the place to go.
Explore More of Auckland
Zach WatsonApril 18, 2019
Holly JohnsonApril 11, 2019
Rachel CenterApril 10, 2019
Gwen PratesiApril 8, 2019
Lyn MettlerApril 3, 2019
Zach WatsonApril 2, 2019
Kyle McCarthyMarch 28, 2019
Christine SmithMarch 26, 2019
Lyn MettlerMarch 25, 2019