Best Things To Do in Cancun
The beaches and nightlife here are key diversions for many Cancún vacationers. But the area also earns praise for cultural activities like Chichén Itzá and the underwater art museum on Isla Mujeres. If there's extra time, consider taking a day trip to nearby Tulum to see some of the best preserved Mayan ruins in all of Mexico.
Updated June 27, 2018
- #1View all Photos...Read More »
Chichén Itzá is a large Mayan archaeological site and one of the most notable and recognized landmarks on the Yucatán. The site itself was originally a main hub of Mayan civilization and has since been named a UNESCO World Heritage site. The focal point of the ruins is the pyramid-like
- #2View all Photos...Read More »
To escape the frantic beat of Cancún's nightlife and beaches, head to Isla Mujeres (or the Island of Women). There is little to do on this small, 4-mile island just a 20-minute ferry ride from Cancun, but travelers like it that way.
- #3View all PhotosfreePlaya Tortugas#3 in CancunBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Widely considered a beach spot for locals, Playa Tortugas is known for its relaxed atmosphere and clean sands. The area also boasts several open-air restaurants that make for great evening dining, according to past visitors. The beach also features a pier, where brave visitors can bungee jump. From here, daily
- #4View all Photos...Read More »
While they may not have the awe factor of Chichén Itzá, the El Rey Ruins have convenience on their side. Located in the heart of the Hotel Zone, these ruins are extremely accessible to visitors, and the site's small size makes it easy to see in a short time. Once a
- #5View all PhotosfreePlaya Delfines#5 in CancunBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
If you're tired of the standard beaches along the Hotel Zone, try heading to Playa Delfines, which is a largely undeveloped ribbon of sand located near El Rey. Likewise, the beach often lacks the heavy crowds found elsewhere throughout the Hotel Zone. Make sure to bring your own drinks and
- #6View all PhotosfreePlaya Marlin#6 in CancunBeaches, FreeTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDBeaches, FreeTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Situated in the Hotel Zone about a 5-minute walk from the Kukulcan Plaza shopping mall, Playa Marlin offers a broad stretch of sugar white sand. There's also lifeguards and beach supplies, such as chairs and umbrellas, for rent.
- #7View all PhotosfreeAvenida Kukulkan#7 in CancunSightseeing, FreeTYPELess than 1 hourTIME TO SPENDSightseeing, FreeTYPELess than 1 hourTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Even if you don't seek out Avenida Kukulkan, you'll likely cross its path at least once during your Cancun vacation. That's because Avenida Kukulkan is Cancun's main artery, traveling through the Hotel Zone and stretching from downtown Cancun running south toward the airport. The avenue is lined with pathways and
- #8View all Photos...Read More »
Considered the spot for nightlife in Cancún, Coco Bongo isn't your traditional, DJ-controlled nightclub. Instead, thousands of travelers pack the house to witness nonstop performances from acrobats, conga lines, live bands and musician impersonators. A typical night at Coco Bongo involves projected videos, balloons, soap bubbles and confetti.
- #9View all Photos#9 in CancunSightseeing, Swimming/Pools, Zoos and AquariumsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDSightseeing, Swimming/Pools, Zoos and AquariumsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Operating out of theHyatt Zivain the Hotel Zone, Delphinus Punta Cancún allows visitors to swim with dolphins. The facility offers multiple programs, each focused on a different type of interaction with the dolphins. For example, the "Dolphin Ride" program allows visitors to swim with the dolphins, while "The One" allows
Explore More of Cancun
Zach WatsonApril 18, 2019
Holly JohnsonApril 11, 2019
Rachel CenterApril 10, 2019
Gwen PratesiApril 8, 2019
Lyn MettlerApril 3, 2019
Zach WatsonApril 2, 2019
Kyle McCarthyMarch 28, 2019
Christine SmithMarch 26, 2019
Lyn MettlerMarch 25, 2019