Free Things To Do in Capri
- #4View all PhotosfreeMarina Grande#4 in CapriRecreation, Shopping, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDRecreation, Shopping, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
The first attraction you'll witness when you approach Capri by boat is Marina Grande. The charming harbor, colorful houses and lush surrounding landscape greet tourists in the best way possible. Plus, most of the main tourism offices, tour boats, transportation hubs and souvenir shops are located at Marina Grande. If you want to take a funicular to the town of Capri or a bus to Anacapri, you'll leave from this main harbor on the island.
- #5View all PhotosfreeMarina Piccola#5 in CapriBeaches, Recreation, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDBeaches, Recreation, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
The smaller of the two harbors on the island, Marina Piccola has a more laid-back vibe than Marina Grande. The attraction offers a gorgeous view of the Faraglioni across turquoise water, and it is home to the famous Siren's rock, where it is rumored that mythical sirens seductively sang to Odysseus. This marina is a great place to spend the day at the beach, as the warm ocean and charming small beaches provide ample opportunity for relaxation. Just beware that the sun leaves the bay at around 4 p.m.
- #6View all PhotosfreePiazza Umberto#6 in CapriCafes, Shopping, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDCafes, Shopping, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
The Piazza Umberto, or La Piazzetta, represents the center of the bustling main town of Capri. Though the square in the center of town is small, it's a great place to walk around, grab a drink or shop. Many of Capri's famous fashion stores line the streets in the neighborhood surrounding the Piazzetta, and tourists looking to spot celebrities should look there first. A charming clock tower is the centerpiece of the piazza, which can get crowded in the summer. Plus, there are a few viewpoints near the square that look down upon Marina Grande and the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- #9View all PhotosfreeAnacapri#9 in CapriChurches/Religious Sites, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDChurches/Religious Sites, Sightseeing, Free, Neighborhood/AreaTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
If you want to spend time on Capri in a charming, quaint town away from the luxury shops and thick crowds, then Anacapri is for you. The whitewashed town still exudes a calm and authentic vibe, as there are local neighborhoods, shops and restaurants all around the streets. Plus, there are a couple major attractions on Capri, such as the Villa San Michele and Mount Solaro that can be accessed from Anacapri. There are also a few historical buildings and museums in town that attract tourists, including the Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, a small church noted for its mosaic floor, and the Casa Rossa, which houses a collection of 19th-century art.
- #10View all Photos#10 in CapriNatural Wonders, Recreation, Sightseeing, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDNatural Wonders, Recreation, Sightseeing, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Located on the southwest corner of Capri far away from major tourism centers, the Punta Carena Lighthouse is a secluded and picturesque attraction near Anacapri. First used in 1867, the lighthouse is one of the oldest in Italy, and it enjoys spectacular views of the coastline. There is a public beach and picnic area near the lighthouse, and there are a few charming beach cafes in the area as well. Recent visitors loved history and secluded nature of this attraction.
Explore More of Capri
Holly JohnsonMarch 14, 2019
Will WalkeyMarch 12, 2019
Gwen PratesiMarch 11, 2019
Zach WatsonFebruary 5, 2019
Lyn MettlerFebruary 5, 2019
Will WalkeyFebruary 5, 2019
Erin ShieldsFebruary 5, 2019
Christine SmithFebruary 5, 2019
Zach WatsonJanuary 31, 2019