Best Things To Do in Destin
Most Destin visitors come here for the beach. The gorgeous white sand competes with those at other Florida destinations farther south. However, if you stay on the beach, you'll miss out on the other attractions. Swim in the warm emerald waters of the Gulf, take a swing on the world-class golf courses or cast a line off a pier or a boat. The activity will only help you gain a greater appreciation for Destin's natural splendor.
- #1View all Photos#1 in DestinBeaches, Parks and GardensTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, Parks and GardensTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Perhaps the biggest draw to Henderson Beach State Park – aside from its relaxed atmosphere – is the sugar-white sand, mile-long beach, made up of pure Appalachian quartz. The sand not only remains cool in the summer sun, but it gives the pristine waters an emerald cast. Offering a welcome change of pace from the
- #2View all Photos#2 in DestinSightseeing, ToursTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDSightseeing, ToursTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Whether you're looking for a pirate-themed cruise, a romantic sunset sail or a dolphin-spotting excursion, Destin has a boat tour for you. In fact, according to the Emerald Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau, Destin boasts the largest for-hire fishing fleet in the U.S.
- #3View all PhotosfreeCrystal Beach#3 in DestinBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDBeaches, FreeTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
You'll have your pick of stunning shorelines in Destin and neighboring Okaloosa Island, but visitors suggest you make time for Crystal Beach. Situated on the Gulf of Mexico, Crystal Beach is frequently praised by visitors for its ivory sands and crystal-clear waters. Travelers also appreciate the cleanliness of the beach.
- #4View all Photos#4 in DestinGolfTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDGolfTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Much like its Floridian neighbors, Destin and Fort Walton Beach are home to a variety of scenic golf courses. You'll find four championship golf courses and country clubs in Destin alone, and eight total in the Emerald Coast region, meaning you won't have to venture far to perfect your swing.
- #5View all Photos#5 in DestinShoppingTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDShoppingTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
When the weather won't cooperate or when you've had your fill of sun and sand, indulge in a little retail therapy at one of Destin's shopping complexes. Whether you're looking for charming boutiques, outlet malls or open-air complexes, the Emerald Coast delivers.
- #6View all Photos#6 in DestinZoos and AquariumsTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPENDZoos and AquariumsTYPE1 to 2 hoursTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
If you don't happen to spot any dolphins in the wild, or just want to learn more about some of Florida's marine creatures, you may want to pay a visit to the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park. Though it does feature daily dolphin and sea lion shows, the Gulfarium is no
- #7View all Photos#7 in DestinRecreation, SportsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDRecreation, SportsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
Staying true to its reputation as the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village," Destin hosts a wide variety of sea creatures, meaning anglers have plenty of hot spots from which to cast off. Test your luck at any one of the city's jetties, beaches, seven piers or the Destin Bridge, where local
- #8View all Photos#8 in DestinAmusement Parks, Recreation, Swimming/PoolsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPENDAmusement Parks, Recreation, Swimming/PoolsTYPE2 hours to Half DayTIME TO SPEND...Read More »
According to past visitors, Big Kahuna's is pricey for a park of its size, but it's also one of Destin's best spots to take the family when you need a break from the beach. The water park is open from mid-May through August and features more than 40 attractions, including slides,
Explore More of Destin
Kyle McCarthyApril 25, 2019
Zach WatsonApril 18, 2019
Holly JohnsonApril 11, 2019
Rachel CenterApril 10, 2019
Gwen PratesiApril 8, 2019
Lyn MettlerApril 3, 2019
Zach WatsonApril 2, 2019
Kyle McCarthyMarch 28, 2019
Christine SmithMarch 26, 2019