Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
- #1View all PhotosChicago, IL1 mile to city center#1 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (1810)Free WiFiRead MoreOccupying prime real estate on Chicago's coveted Magnificent Mile, The Peninsula Chicago combines Hong Kong's cosmopolitan flair with the Windy City's Midwestern charm. Travelers describe the guest rooms as comfortable thanks to their creamy color palette and plush furniture, not to mention their modern techie touches, like a bedside remote command station that controls the lights, television and room temperatures. Meanwhile, the renowned Peninsula Spa is in a class by itself: earning The Peninsula Chicago many accolades from health and leisure magazines. Another honorable mention goes to the afternoon tea served in the lobby bar, which visitors say is a nice and welcome touch. During your stay, guests recommend making time for the tasty Cantonese dishes served in the Shanghai Terrace restaurant. However, for many travelers, it was The Peninsula Chicago's friendly service staff that convinced them to stay here again.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #2View all PhotosChicago, IL1.3 miles to city center#2 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (3584)Free WiFiRead MorePrevious lodgers rave about this North Michigan Avenue hotel's refinement and its unbeatable location. Sitting just steps from Chicago's Magnificent Mile, the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is central to all of the city's best restaurants, shops and nightlife. After you've sufficiently tested the limits of your credit card, retreat to one of the hotel's soundproofed spa treatment rooms to enjoy a relaxing massage or skin renewal treatment. Before you call it a night, previous guests highly recommend sitting down to dinner in the Allium's dining room, where diners are treated to fresh, farm-to-table Midwest cuisine. When it's time to bed down, this Four Seasons hotel's well-appointed accommodations provide a comfortable escape. Previous guests love the elegant decor, which combines contemporary fittings (like flat-screen TVs) with 20th century-inspired design accents and spacious marble bathrooms. Recent visitors recommend splurging on the lake view accommodations, rather than the rooms with the city skyline vistas.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #3View all PhotosChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center#3 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (3030)Free WiFiRead MoreSituated on the banks of the Chicago River and less than a mile from the shopping on The Magnificent Mile, The Langham, Chicago is a hit with recent travelers. Opened in 2013, the hotel impresses guests with its attentive service, quiet location and riverfront views. Occupying the first 13 floors of a 52-story landmark skyscraper, The Langham, Chicago boasts 316 guest rooms and suites. Accommodations are outfitted with soaking tubs and rain showers, flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Past lodgers compliment the comfy beds and relaxing bathrooms and recommend booking a room with a river view to make the most of the hotel's location. When you're not relaxing in your room, you'll find plenty of other amenities at your fingertips. In addition to the Chuan Spa, the hotel also touts a health club and 67-foot-long indoor pool. Though many of downtown Chicago's top restaurants are within reach, previous visitors suggest giving the on-site restaurant, Travelle, a try. As is the case throughout the property, guests say the service staff members at the restaurant are both attentive and friendly.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #4View all PhotosChicago, IL1.3 miles to city center#4 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2682)Free WiFiRead MoreThis fashionable hotel on East Walton gathers acclaim from recent guests for its elegant design and prime location in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood. According to many travelers, you can't go wrong with a stay here – in large part because of the hotel's exceptional customer service. The Waldorf Astoria Chicago also wins favor from vacationing couples with unexpected amenities like in-room fireplaces, bathrooms with separate showers and tubs and double vanities with inset LCD TVs. For a quick bite to eat, the property has a pastry shop and the French-inspired Margeaux Brasserie. But if you're hankering for something more substantial than cafe fare, recent guests recommend exploring the Gold Coast's acclaimed restaurants and bars that are all within reach. And when you need a break from the Windy City's hustle and bustle, relax with a massage, a quick workout or a dip in the indoor pool at the hotel's Spa & Health Club. Because of its ties to the Waldorf Astoria brand, this hotel allows members of the Hilton Honors rewards program to accrue or redeem points.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #5View all PhotosChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center#5 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (3284)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago is conveniently positioned on North Wabash Avenue in the Near North Side neighborhood of Chicago, offering easy access to both the business-centric Loop and the city's top attractions, including Navy Pier. From many of the minimalist-design rooms, you'll get a picturesque view of the Wrigley Building and Tribune Tower, all brightly reflected in Lake Michigan. Accommodations here also include floor-to-ceiling windows, fully equipped kitchens (with Nespresso machines) and bathrooms with limestone finishes. Recent guests recommend booking a room with a river view to take full advantage of the hotel's enviable location. Cap off a Windy City day at Terrace 16, the hotel's on-site restaurant and bar. Guests praise the restaurant for its American cuisine and unbeatable views of the iconic Chicago skyline. Or should you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, plan on spending some time at The Spa at Trump, which offers a wide array of services, as well as a fitness center and an indoor pool.
- #6View all PhotosChicago, IL1.2 miles to city center#6 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (633)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Ritz-Carlton, Chicago is recognized by guests as one of the city's best luxury hotels for families. Children are not only supplied with child-sized bathrobes and complimentary toiletries, but can also take part in select treatments at the spa alongside their parents. Additionally, families can take a dip in the indoor pool or take advantage of the hotel's primo location along The Magnificent Mile. Other amenities include the tasty Torali restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center and wellness classes like rooftop yoga and Pilates. Guest rooms at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago boast shades of cream, blue and gray and amenities like flat-screen TVs, luxury bedding and marble bathrooms. Previous visitors recommend a room on a higher floor so you can get more enjoyment from the large picture windows. Keep in mind that members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- #7View all PhotosChicago, IL1.1 miles to city center#7 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (1944)Free WiFiRead MoreTravelers commend the Park Hyatt Chicago's attentive and responsive staff, along with its enviable seat along The Magnificent Mile. But there's more to this hotel than its convenient location. After indulging in some retail therapy, rest up in the NoMI Spa, where you can soak up the warm aroma of massage oils while your muscles are soothed. Or retreat to your spacious digs, which include oversized baths, modern decor and views of the Chicago cityscape or Lake Michigan. Guest rooms here also come with standard amenities like flat-screen TVs, minibars and complimentary Wi-Fi access. And though the hotel is surrounded by some of the city's top eateries, recent guests recommend sitting down to dinner at hotel's NoMI Kitchen, which serves up contemporary American cuisine alongside Chi-Town views. And because this property bears the Hyatt name, World of Hyatt members can earn or cash in points here for additional stay benefits.
- #8View all PhotosChicago, IL1.4 miles to city center#8 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2622)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Thompson Chicago sits in the Near North Side neighborhood, one block back from Chicago's Michigan Avenue near Oak Street Beach and close to many attractions and restaurants. Recent guests loved the location of this Thompson property and all agree the decor in the lobby, including the large fireplace with its library feel, strike a nice balance between refined and homey. Past visitors said that everyone from the general manager to the doorman is congenial – and they're especially skilled at remembering names here. The Thompson Chicago's rooms offer a sleek, sophisticated design, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Lake Michigan and The Magnificent Mile, 400-thread-count Sferra linens and bathrooms with rainfall showers. Additional conveniences include the two dining options that are popular with guests as well as locals. Nico Osteria is an Italian-inspired seafood restaurant, serving dishes like lobster spaghetti and swordfish pancetta, while the Salone Nico keeps up the European feel with an extensive wine list from Greece and Italy, although both dining options can be a bit pricey for some travelers' tastes.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #9View all PhotosChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center#9 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2422)Read MoreTravelers have a favorite word for The Blackstone, Autograph Collection: comfortable. With its long history (the hotel dates back to 1910), this South Loop property could easily garner a stuffy atmosphere, but recent guests attest the Renaissance Blackstone maintains its landmark status while embracing a luxuriously modern ambiance. The hotel offers 332 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each boasting modern decor, minifridges, coffee makers and, on the upper floors, Lake Michigan and Magnificent Mile vistas. Recent visitors also rave about the hotel's convenient setting across the street from Chicago's Grant Park. On the other hand, travelers were disappointed they had to pay for in-room Internet access, and some noted room walls were thin so it was easy to hear hallway conversations and the passing "L" train. When it comes to dining, the on-site restaurant, Mercat a la Planxa, serves tapas and Catalan-inspired cocktails. If you want more culinary variety, Michigan Avenue's acclaimed eateries are close by. And keep in mind, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can can earn or cash in points at this Autograph Collection property.
- #10View all PhotosChicago, IL1.3 miles to city center#10 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (3663)Free WiFiRead MoreLocated in the Near North part of Chicago, The Talbott Hotel is known for rolling out a red carpet experience. In addition to offering standard hotel amenities like a fitness center and meeting rooms, this Joie de Vivre property specializes in truly boutique hospitality. Guests say the customer service here is exceptional and find the hotel's elegant decor refreshingly well-appointed. Visitors love the draped curtains and luxury linens found in the guest rooms, as well as the unique furniture and city views. Accommodations receive mixed reviews though, and some past guests were disappointed with their room's storage options. This hotel appeals to both business and leisure travelers with its convenient location, dog-friendly policies and tasty American fare served at the in-house restaurant, 20 East. But it could be possible that those who love this hotel most are young girls: The Talbott Hotel offers special American Girl Place packages, which include perks like a travel bed for your American Girl doll, milk and two Sprinkles cupcakes at turndown, and for an additional fee, a horse-drawn carriage ride to American Girl Place on The Magnificent Mile.Free WiFi
- #11View all PhotosChicago, ILless than 0.1 miles to city center#11 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2190)Free WiFiRead MoreWhat recent visitors appreciate most about the Chicago Athletic Association hotel is its distinct point of view. The hotel is housed in the building that was once home to the Chicago Athletic Association, and its Venetian Gothic architecture dates back to the 1890s. Staying true to its athletic heritage, the hotel's designers repurposed elements of the original club into the property's vintage look. For instance, a pommel horse is used as a bench and nightstands feature tennis racquet leather grips for legs. Beyond the interesting aesthetics, rooms also offer boxing-style robes, complimentary Wi-Fi access, C.O. Bigelow toiletries and bedside tables with USB flash drive outlets. Aside from the unique interiors, travelers also rave about the rooftop restaurant, Cindy's. Housed within a vaulted glass and steel atrium, the space offers views of Millennium Park (situated across the street from the hotel), the Art Institute of Chicago and Lake Michigan. Equally impressive are the hotel's five other bars and eateries, ranging from an on-site Shake Shack to a more formal farm-to-table restaurant. Reviewers particularly liked the Game Room bar, which is located in the original billiards room of the athletic club and features games like shuffleboard and bocce ball. It should come as no surprise that the hotel also features a 24-hour fitness center with complimentary, trainer-led group runs along Lake Michigan every Saturday at 8 a.m. You can also get your workout in riding around the Windy City on the hotel's complimentary bikes (available seasonally).
- #12View all PhotosChicago, IL1 mile to city center#12 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2408)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Godfrey Hotel Chicago offers sleek, modern accommodations six blocks west of The Magnificent Mile. The 221-room hotel is geared toward the young, trendy crowd with its minimalistic design that includes velvet couches and subway tile bathrooms. Each room comes with a wet bar, a 46-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod docking station. According to recent guests, the gem of this property is the panoramic views offered at the fourth-floor IO Rooftop Lounge, which sits on the rooftop and features a terrace, as well as a glass-walled atrium with a retractable roof. The Godfrey Hotel Chicago also includes a fitness center and the Spa Boutique, with provides services like massages and facials. Guests, though, warn that front desk service can be hit or miss and note travelers should review the bill before departing to ensure no additional charges were accidentally applied.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #13View all PhotosChicago, IL1.5 miles to city center#13 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (249)Free WiFiRead More
Housed within an industrial-style building made of concrete and glass, the Ace Hotel Chicago is an urban haven for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is located in Chicago's West Loop area, a popular district known for its top-notch restaurants and shops. Plus, attractions like the Art Institute of Chicago, The Chicago Theatre and Navy Pier are a short ride away on the L. Accommodations range from "small" 290-square-foot rooms to Ace Suites with 864 square feet of space, but all feature navy, white and gray color palettes, black-tiled bathrooms and midcentury modern furnishings. (Some warn, though, the rooms were a touch on the dark side.) Standard amenities include organic cotton sheets, stocked minibars, free Wi-Fi access, Rudy's toiletries and custom Bluetooth radios. Select guest rooms also boast curated vinyl collections with turntables and acoustic Martin guitars. Outside the rooms, guests can take advantage of the 24-hour fitness center, a photo booth, Waydown (the rooftop bar with nightly entertainment) and a rooftop garden and event space. And when it's time to eat, head to City Mouse, which serves seasonal Midwestern fare daily. Recent visitors loved the hotel's central location, friendly staff and rooftop bar.Free WiFi
- #14View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center#14 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (605)Read More
The Kimpton Gray Hotel is located in downtown Chicago's Financial District, but it attracts more than just business travelers. With Vol. 39, a law library-inspired bar, and Boleo, a rooftop lounge with Latin American street food, it's a popular hot spot for tourists and locals alike. Plus, as a member of the Kimpton family, it offers all of the brand's signature amenities, like complimentary wine receptions, free bike rentals and the Forgot It, We've Got It amenities program. Taking after its name, accommodations are decorated in a soothing gray color palette, with powder blue accents, lace-inspired carpets and unconventional artwork. For a truly lavish stay, book the Presidential Suite, which at 908 square feet houses a living room with a custom wet bar, spa-like bathrooms and two signature bathrobes that are free to keep. Recent guests raved about the "wonderful" decor, "friendly" staff and "beautiful" rooftop eatery, as well as the great location, which is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike, though others pointed out that being in the heart of the city does come with noise. If you're an IHG Rewards Club member, you can earn or redeem points when staying here.
- #15View all PhotosChicago, IL1.5 miles to city center#15 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (625)Free WiFiRead More
Nestled within Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood by The Magnificent Mile's shops and the 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck, the Viceroy Chicago is a convenient option for leisure travelers and history buffs. Inside, you will find 1920s-themed guest rooms and suites with bold accent walls and period-inspired furnishings, plus various modern conveniences, including Nespresso machines, rain showers and free in-room Wi-Fi access. Additional perks like a seasonal rooftop pool and lounge, a fitness center and Somerset, an American restaurant that's helmed by Michelin-starred chef Lee Wolen, are located outside the rooms. Although this Viceroy property lacks other amenities, such as a spa and a business center, many previous guests raved about the Viceroy's "outstanding" service, "spectacular" rooftop and "beautiful" rooms. What's more, several appreciated having access to the hotel's complimentary Tesla car service. If you opt to forgo using the Viceroy's Tesla, you can get around via the L (the closest subway station sits a few blocks away). Or, you can use your own set of wheels, but keep in mind the $72 overnight valet parking fee.
- #16View all PhotosChicago, IL0.9 miles to city center#16 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (786)Free WiFiRead More
Located just off the Magnificent Mile, in downtown Chicago, the Conrad Chicago is praised for its enviable location and immaculate interiors. Accommodations are decked out in modern decor with shades of red, gold and brown contrasted with white linens. The spacious guest rooms include standard amenities such as large flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and bathrooms with double sinks and walk-in showers. You can upgrade to an executive level room for complimentary breakfast, and recent guests recommend splurging on the Skyline Suite for more space, spectacular city views and a queen-size sofa bed for additional guests. The hotel offers two on-site dining options. During the warmer months, you can dine at the rooftop restaurant Noyane, which serves contemporary Japanese fare and craft cocktails with a focus on Japanese whisky. Year-round you can visit the Bapiste & Bourbon and be treated to seasonal American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Elsewhere in the hotel, you'll find a well-equipped fitness center and 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space. While some recent travelers reported issues with the concierge, overall guests say they found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. What’s more, members of the Hilton Honors program can earn and use points at this hotel.
- #17View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center#17 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (5428)Free WiFiRead MoreWith Lake Michigan as its backdrop, the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago combines Chicago's iconic views and its chic, urban design. Previous guests are blown away by the look of this relatively young hotel, describing the building's design as interesting and innovative. Within walking distance of Millennium Park and The Magnificent Mile, this Radisson – which falls within the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group brand – serves as an excellent home base for city exploration without appearing too tourist-focused. Recent guests say the Radisson Blu Aqua maintains a boutique hotel feel without sacrificing the high customer service standards hallmark to the brand. The stylishly designed rooms feature flat-screen TVs, single-service coffee makers and free Wi-Fi – an amenity for which previous guests are thankful. And though this property puts you near a variety of neighborhood eateries, visitors recommend the on-site Filini restaurant and bar for Italian cuisine and a lively atmosphere. Guests can also enjoy a wealth of rooftop amenities, from the lap pool and hot tub to the fire pit and deck chairs from which to take in Chicago's skyline. When the chilly Chicago weather comes, guests can make use of the indoor two-lane lap pool. Additionally, Club Carlson rewards program members can use their points here for free nights and upgrades.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #18View all PhotosChicago, IL0.1 miles to city center#18 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2316)Free WiFiRead More
Situated in the heart of Chicago's downtown Loop area, the Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown places guests within a mile of several Windy City attractions, including Millennium Park, the Chicago Theatre, Buckingham Fountain and the Art Institute of Chicago. And for shopaholics, you're in luck: Just a mile north of the property is the city's Magnificent Mile. Business travelers will also appreciate that the hotel sits less than a mile west of the city's Puerto Convention Center, plus the Silversmith features five meeting spaces and a business center. And if grabbing a bite out at one of Chicago's famous steakhouses or deep dish pizzerias doesn't sound appealing, you can dine at the hotel's Adamus restaurant. Recent guests recommend its contemporary American cuisine. Guests also praised the clean, comfortable accommodations. Each boasts a gray, white and purple color palette and amenities like 12-foot ceilings, free Wi-Fi access and a Keurig coffee maker.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #19View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center#19 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2548)Read MoreThe Hotel Monaco Chicago lives up to many people's expectations of a Kimpton hotel, boasting bright, funky decor and an excellent location. Looking out over the Chicago River from its seat in the northeast corner of the Loop, this hotel stuns travelers with the Victorian-esque furnishings and bold patterns found throughout the hotel, including in the guest rooms. Accommodations also come with LCD televisions, honor bars and yoga mats, while kid- and pet-friendly amenities are available upon request. According to previous guests, fans of the Hotel Monaco style will enjoy a stay in the Chicago version, particularly because of the hotel's excellent customer service. IHG Rewards Club members will be able to get additional perks, like free Wi-Fi access, and can earn and redeem night credits here. But this property has a few unique characteristics worth noting. First, there are the in-room spa treatments. And let's not forget the flavorful Midwestern cuisine served at Fisk & Co., which travelers enjoy.
- #20View all PhotosChicago, IL1.2 miles to city center#20 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (4800)Free WiFiRead MoreThere's a good chance that you can enjoy the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile's upscale amenities for a more reasonable rate than the other nearby high-end hotels. What amenities? Try marble bathrooms with separate tubs and showers, Bose sound systems and picturesque views of downtown Chicago and the John Hancock Observatory available in the rooms and suites. Recent guests say the Sofitel Chicago's accommodations possess a cosmopolitan, French flair representative of the posh Sofitel brand. The distinctly Euro feel infused in the modern decor is certainly easy on the eyes, but visitors are even more impressed by the hotel's convenient location – it's the rhombus-shaped building just two blocks off The Magnificent Mile – and its friendly staff members. When staying here, you will have complimentary access to the property's on-site fitness center and, according to past guests, you'll need it should you choose to dine on-site. Travelers are fond of the contemporary French cuisine served for moderate rates at the Café des Architectes. What's more, members of the Le Club Accorhotels rewards program can cut costs even further by using points to pay for their stay.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #21View all PhotosNaperville, IL#21 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (514)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreTravelers prefer the quiet Hotel Arista for stays in the outer Chicago 'burbs, complimenting its reasonable rates and amenable staff. Situated in Naperville, Illinois, about 30 miles west of the Windy City, this locally owned boutique hotel prides itself on personalized service. After making your reservation, you'll be asked to fill out a "Personal Preference Menu" to ensure that everything from your pillow to the snacks in your "Nosh Box" are up to your standards. Hotel Arista also boasts spacious digs: Rooms include well-lit marble bathrooms (with deep-soaking tubs and mirrors with embedded TV screens), iHome radios, Wi-Fi access and Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit game consoles upon request. You can also refuel at the Che Figata, which offers authentic Italian fare. As far is service is concerned, recent visitors are split: Some said attention to detail from the staff was lacking compared to their last visit, while others said they experienced courteous and helpful hotel employees.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- #22View all PhotosChicago, IL0.7 miles to city center#22 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2703)Free WiFiRead MoreIf you're hoping to be within walking distance to some of the Windy City's top attractions, this newer Loews outpost should be at the top of your list, according to recent travelers. Opened in early 2015, the Loews Chicago Hotel has already wowed guests with its attentive service and enviable location just outside the Loop (less than a mile from Navy Pier), and its cool, contemporary decor. Past guests particularly loved the rooms, especially the comfy beds and spacious bathrooms. Accommodations are also equipped with Keurig coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, floor-to-ceiling windows and free Wi-Fi access. The other star of the show here: Streeterville Social, which bills itself as the city's largest outdoor rooftop terrace. When you're not admiring the skyline views or sipping on cocktails, sample some of the "refined street food" from the rooftop kitchen or challenge your fellow travelers to Jenga (the lounge boasts a custom giant set). For heartier fare, make reservations at Rural Society, the on-site Argentinean steakhouse helmed by "Iron Chef" Jose Garces. Other amenities that stood out to recent guests: the fitness center (and its 75-foot-long indoor lap pool), the spa and the Audi car service, which drops guests anywhere within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. Plus, if you're a member of the Loews YouFirst program, you can earn and redeem free perks by staying here.
- #23View all PhotosChicago, IL0.7 miles to city center#23 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (2996)Free WiFiRead MoreTwo blocks west of The Magnificent Mile and four blocks north of the Loop, the Kimpton Palomar Chicago is a convenient lodging choice for sightseers. This Kimpton hotel offers easy access to some of the Windy City's most popular attractions. But there's more to this hotel than its location. Previous guests praise the rooms, describing them as spacious and comfortable with floor-to-ceiling windows, a number of varied pillow styles, Frette linens and artwork inspired by the Chicago World's Fair. Although you'll be surrounded by the numerous eateries of Chicago's Near North area, some guests recommend trying the New American cuisine served at the trendy Sable Kitchen & Bar. Recent travelers also loved the wealth of freebies provided in the lobby, including complimentary coffee in the morning and wine tastings in the evening. And the service staff – from the concierge to the housekeeping employees – earns high marks as well. Members of the IHG Rewards Club can earn benefits, like complimentary Wi-Fi, by choosing to stay here.
- #24View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center#24 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (1985)Read MoreSitting on the northern fringes of the Loop (near Chicago's theater district), the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel is a popular choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Less than a block from the State/Lake Station – which connects to the Green, Purple, Brown, Orange and Pink "L" train lines – the hotel's primo location makes it easy to explore beyond your digs. On top of its convenience, guests were also impressed with their stay at this Renaissance property. Visitors love the large amount of space in the stylish and comfortable guest rooms thanks to amenities like flat-screen TVs, designer linens and excellent city views (many recommend requesting a room facing the river). Additionally, the hotel features an indoor swimming pool and a fitness center. The customer service also leaves a good impression, with travelers saying that the staff were very friendly. But guests are quick to complain about the high cost of parking here, which will add $69 a day to your final bill, as well as the noise in rooms overlooking the "L" train line tracks. The in-house restaurant also gets knocked for its prices, though travelers do say the food is good. Those looking to save can use Marriott Bonvoy points to cover the cost of their room.
- #25View all PhotosChicago, IL0.3 miles to city center#25 in Best Hotels in IllinoisTripAdvisor (1792)Free WiFiRead MoreOpened in January 2015, The Virgin Hotels Chicago, the first hotel introduced by Virgin Airline owner Richard Branson, puts a twist on the traditional guest room. Called "The Chambers," standard rooms include a separate "Dressing Room," complete with a closet, a makeup vanity and sliding doors for privacy, and the "Sleeping Lounge" with the bed. The patent-pending custom beds feature ergonomic headboards and optional footboards so you can work or watch TV without back pain. Recent visitors cited these innovative features, plus the fun, stylish decor and complimentary Wi-Fi access, as reasons for a return visit. When you're not exploring the Loop and River North districts, you can choose between working up a sweat in the 25th-floor fitness center, grabbing a meal at one of the two on-site restaurants. Night owls can dance and listen to live music at two on-site nightclubs, including the rooftop lounge, Cerise. The property also boasts a coffee bar that transitions into a wine bar in the evenings. While guests love the on-site offerings and modern amenities, they also praised the staff as friendly, prompt and knowledgeable of the Chicago area.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.