- #1View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.1 miles to city center#1 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (31)Free WiFiRead More
According to recent visitors, a stay at the Hotel Californian is worth the high room rates, the $30 daily resort fee and the $38 valet parking fee. Adjacent to the Santa Barbara, California, waterfront in the city's Funk Zone area, this Preferred LVX outpost delivers Spanish colonial-style architecture and modern Moorish decor. Guests will find large flat-screen TVs, Nespresso coffee makers, custom Hotel Californian bath products, stocked cocktail carts, Martyn Lawrence Bullard furnishings, light fixtures and wallcoverings inside all of the stylish accommodations. What's more, the property features a Moroccan-inspired spa, multiple meeting rooms (including a rooftop deck and a ballroom) and two restaurants – Goat Tree and Blackbird. Goat Tree offers casual breakfast fare and picnic baskets with seasonal items, while Blackbird features Mediterranean-influence cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients. No additional facilities are available on-site; however, members of the iPrefer program can earn or redeem points while staying here.
- #2View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA3.6 miles to city center#2 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (2320)Free WiFiRead MoreWith stunning views of the Pacific Ocean from its shorefront perch east of downtown Santa Barbara, the Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara is consistently lauded by guests for its friendly staff and stunning decor. The Spanish Colonial Revival structure houses 207 spacious guest rooms and suites that feel bright and airy and feature large windows and views of the 22-acre property, and visitors say that the down bedding adds an extra dose of luxury. Recent guests also praised the in-house spa for its extensive list of treatments, but should you desire some rest and relaxation without the additional cost, a day spent by the outdoor pool should do just fine. If you're traveling with kids, let the resort's certified staff provide them with a host of supervised activities while you enjoy a romantic meal at Tydes (if you like seafood) or Bella Vista (if you prefer your Californian cuisine infused with some Italian flair).
- #3View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.1 miles to city center#3 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1183)Free WiFiRead MoreAlthough it doesn't hug the Santa Barbara coast – you'll find this hotel on the northern fringes of the city – Belmond El Encanto earns praise for its beautiful setting and excellent views. The property's suites all feature private terraces or patios looking out toward the ocean, along with hardwood floors, marble bathrooms and, in some cases, fireplaces. Although the outpost's homey accommodations may be hard to leave, the property houses a number of amenities worth checking out, such as The Spa at El Encanto, an infinity-edge swimming pool and 7 acres of gardens to explore. And recent guests sing the praises of the California cuisine served at the Dining Room. Visitors can also opt for light American fare at The Lounge.
- #4View all PhotosGoleta, CA12.2 miles to city center#4 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (2665)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara in Goleta, California, has all the essentials of a luxury seaside resort – a spa, several infinity pools, multiple dining venues and, of course, dramatic Pacific Ocean views. The Ritz's 358 luxurious guest rooms feature gas or wood-burning fireplaces, marble showers and private patios or balconies, not to mention flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. When it's time for a meal, head to the oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, to feast on steak, seafood and more. Many guests are quick to note that the prices here are steep, especially if you indulge in a spa treatment or a fancy meal. But overall, visitors say they very much enjoyed their stay, chalking their good times up to excellent customer service and the property's relaxed atmosphere. Because of this hotel's Marriott ties, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #5View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA0.4 miles to city center#5 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1433)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreNestled near downtown Santa Barbara, just three blocks east of State Street, this 23-room inn caters to couples looking for a quiet getaway. Recent guests praised the classic Spanish architecture and spacious rooms that include either a garden patio or private balcony. Rooms are also equipped with gas fireplaces, free Wi-Fi access and marble bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs. Although there's no on-site restaurant, the inn offers amenities like complimentary breakfast daily. Guests can also take advantage of in-room spa services or relax by the pool in the inn's private garden. And while recent visitors recommended the accommodations, they cited the personable and helpful staff as a main reason for repeat stays.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- #6View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA0.2 miles to city center#6 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1205)Read MoreIn the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Kimpton Canary has the entire city at its front door. Though they say the ideal location is a definite plus, recent visitors are more charmed by the character of and service at this boutique hotel. A member of the Kimpton brand, the hotel offers unique stylings with hand-painted tiles and wrought-iron accents throughout the property, and guest rooms house elegant four-poster beds and hardwood floors. Accommodations also come equipped with amenities such as HD flat-screen TVs, rainforest showers and high-speed internet (which Kimpton Karma loyalty club members can access for free). The hotel's rooftop pool is also a hit with guests, who describe the views as spectacular. What's more, you can take in the scenery with a drink at the rooftop's lounge. If you're craving something more filling, try the farm-to-table cuisine served at Finch & Fork.4.0-star Hotel Class
- #7View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.6 miles to city center#7 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (3738)Read MoreThe Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort sits along the Pacific Ocean within walking distance of Santa Barbara's shops, restaurants and shoreline, but many guests feel that they never have to leave the premises. Visitors can spend time at the resort's pool, tennis court and fitness center, or can use the complimentary bicycles to explore the area. The property also houses the Spa Del Mar, which offers a long list of massages and skin treatments. Come mealtime, you'll have your pick of four on-site eateries. As for accommodations, visitors describe the guest rooms as spacious, equipped with amenities such as flat-screen TVs, minibars and balconies or patios. Here, Hilton Honors loyalty club members can earn or use points here.4.0-star Hotel Class
- #8View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.9 miles to city center#8 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (262)Free WiFiRead More
The quaint Santa Barbara Inn sits across from the beach and Cabrillo Ballpark in Santa Barbara, California. Renovated in 2016, the hotel’s striking, red terra cotta roof and Spanish Mediterranean-style decor provides a European getaway feel in the heart of this Southern California city. Each of the 70 guest rooms includes complimentary Wi-Fi access, a private balcony with an ocean or a mountain view, and a flat-screen TV. Plus, visitors have access to the inn’s heated outdoor pool, fitness center, oceanfront terrace and on-site restaurant, which offers both indoor and outdoor ocean view seating. Recent guests love that this property’s location is close to everything they could want to do but still tucked away from the noise of downtown. This boutique hotel is small though, so travelers looking for a large resort might want to check elsewhere.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #9View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.1 miles to city center#9 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1475)Free WiFiRead MoreRecent guests said the Harbor View Inn's location is its main selling point. Located at the entry to Stearns Wharf, the property sits across from the beach and just a short walk from downtown Santa Barbara, California. Some travelers note that room rates here are fairly steep, especially when compared to larger properties nearby. However, guests are quick to praise the employees –particularly the concierge – for their eagerness to help you enjoy your time in Santa Barbara. Staff members are efficient when it comes to arranging dinner plans and suggesting things to do in the area. Meanwhile, every room has a patio or balcony to allow guests to breathe in the sea air. And outside their quarters, guests can be found lounging poolside, enjoying massages in Spa Beaumontia or enjoying dinner and the view at Eladio's Restaurant & Bar.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #10View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA0.3 miles to city center#10 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (711)Free WiFiRead More
In operation since 1871, The Upham Hotel and Country House in Santa Barbara, California, is a boutique bed-and-breakfast that is split between two buildings: the larger Upham Hotel and the smaller, adults-only Country House. Styled after a traditional English manor, the Country House, located a half-block from the Upham, has eight individually decorated rooms, some of which come with waterfall showers or whirlpool tubs. And inside The Upham's 50 guest rooms and suites, travelers will find flat-screen TVs (in most accommodations), bronzed accents and plantation shutters. Upgraded cottages and suites have more space, along with terraces or patios (in all but Garden cottages). Rooms at both properties include free breakfast and evening wine receptions, as well as complimentary parking and Wi-Fi. When it's time to eat, recent guests highly recommend dining at Louie's California Bistro on the ground floor. The restaurant serves California comfort cuisine and offers a detailed wine list with bottles from a selection of local vintners. Previous visitors also had high praise for the personable staff, continental breakfasts, serene gardens and central location by State Street's top restaurants, shops and businesses.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #11View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA3.7 miles to city center#11 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1310)Free WiFiRead More
The Montecito Inn embodies the coastal elegance that's often associated with Santa Barbara, California. Rooms are decorated in chic shades of cream and gray and come outfitted with sleek furnishings including glass-top tables and chrome light fixtures. Amenities include flat-screen TVs with DVD players, complimentary Wi-Fi access and minifridges, though guests say the comfy beds were by far the most memorable perk. While decor is decidedly modern in the rooms, the rest of the property remains rooted in its past, featuring a Mediterranean-inspired style that hasn't altered much since the hotel opened in 1928. If you can believe it, Charlie Chaplin is one of the people responsible for the construction of the Montecito Inn. You'll see remnants of the entertainer throughout the property (including the hotel's Charlie Chaplin DVD library) on top of standard facilities, including a business center, a fitness center and an outdoor pool (a guest favorite). Overall, travelers found the inn to be charming and enjoyed its convenient location: From the front doors of the Montecito, the beach less sits than a mile south, and the adjacent Coast Village Road is flush with shopping and dining options.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #13View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1 mile to city center#13 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (957)Free WiFiRead More
A mile from the historic Old Mission Santa Barbara, the Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites offers guests a quiet neighborhood stay at on the outskirts of Santa Barbara, California. Start your day with complimentary breakfast or check out the outdoor pool. The hotel also features an on-site cafe and a bird aviary for enthusiastic birders. After a day of exploring Santa Barbara, guests can unwind in cozy rooms featuring TVs with DVD players and free Wi-Fi access. Suites add full kitchens and living areas. Recent guests note that the property could use an update, but they also love the customer service.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #14View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.1 miles to city center#14 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (814)Free WiFiRead More
Situated a block from the beach and within walking distance of Stearns Wharf, the Hotel Milo Santa Barbara offers guests a cozy stay with ocean views. If you’re looking to soak up the atmosphere, the hotel features two outdoor pools with cabanas, as well as a Jacuzzi and a courtyard. When it’s time to eat and relax, the property hosts a complimentary continental breakfast, as well as a daily evening wine tasting. There is also an on-site market. Additional amenities include a 24-hour fitness center, complimentary bicycle rentals and a Bocce ball court. Guest rooms with Spanish colonial touches feature flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access. Some rooms have ocean and poolside views. Pet-friendly accommodations are also available. A nightly amenity fee is applied. Recent guests applaud the hotel’s location and atmosphere, but a few of them have noted that nearby traffic can be noisy.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #16View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA2 miles to city center#16 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (1757)Free WiFiRead More
According to recent guests, this Hyatt's location can't be beat. The hotel is situated on Cabrillo Boulevard, just a short stroll from Santa Barbara's popular East Beach. Prefer to lounge by the pool instead of the sand? The Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara boasts an outdoor heated pool with cabanas and a fire pit. Recent lodgers raved about the relaxing outdoor space and the happy hour specials at Mar Vista, the pool's indoor-outdoor lounge. If you're looking for a more formal meal setting, head to the Marbella, the on-site Spanish tapas restaurant. Or, heed the advice of reviewers and tap the front desk staff for neighborhood recommendations. Though visitors were generally pleased with the staff, travelers offered more mixed reviews of the rooms: Some loved the ocean views and the Spanish Colonial architecture, but others were less impressed with the small size of the accommodations (standard rooms start at 200 square feet). Previous guests also recommended splurging on a balcony room to fully enjoy the hotel's oceanfront location. No matter which accommodation style you choose, your room will be outfitted with a Hyatt Grand Bed, a Keurig coffee maker, an iHome radio and free Wi-Fi, among other amenities. What's more, those who participate in Hyatt's rewards program can earn or use points at this property.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #17View all PhotosGoleta, CA6.8 miles to city center#17 in Best Hotels in Santa BarbaraTripAdvisor (578)Free ParkingRead MoreIf you're looking for a hotel that embodies the laid-back SoCal spirit, The Kimpton Goodland is for you. Situated in Goleta, California, about 9 miles west of Santa Barbara, the hotel features rooms outfitted with unique accents like a framed California state flag, eccentric textures and coastal wood furnishings they also come equipped with flat-screen TVs, yoga mats and record players. Forgot to pack your vinyl? The hotel's Record Concierge is at your service. When you're not grooving to tunes in your room, see what the DJ is spinning at the outdoor pool. Though most recent guests appreciated the Kimpton Goodland's fun, funky vibe, others found all of the on-site events (especially the poolside DJ) to be a bit too noisy. A tip from past guests: ask for an inward facing room to avoid the commotion. Some reviewers even used the term "yuppie" to describe their fellow travelers, but most were charmed by the retro surf decor and especially loved the on-site restaurant, Outpost. Here again the hotel stays true to its location, serving up California cuisine made from local ingredients. Another caveat past guests highlighted: the $25 resort fee, which covers self-parking, evening cocktail hours, fitness classes and access to live music events, among other amenities. The fee doesn't cover Wi-Fi, but if you're a member of Kimpton's Karma Rewards program, you'll receive complimentary Internet access.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- View all PhotosMontecito, CA4.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (482)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAt a place where dogs receive in-room massages, you know their owners will be equally pampered and doted upon. According to travelers, such is the case at San Ysidro Ranch. Several different types of accommodations are available, the most prestigious being the Warner Cottage and the Kennedy Cottage (JFK and Jackie's 1953 honeymoon digs). Even if you're not laid up in those ultra-luxe digs, recent visitors say you'll still be more than comfortable. Guest cottages offer a sense of seclusion and a cozy atmosphere with four-poster beds, Persian rugs and stone fireplaces. Along with its intimate setting, the hotel hosts two restaurants. The Stonehouse serves up flavorful regional cuisine and Plow & Angel dishes up hearty plates of comfort food (the restaurant is famous for its mac and cheese). San Ysidro Ranch is in the Montecito foothills of California, about 5 miles northeast of downtown Santa Barbara.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1 mile to city centerTripAdvisor (837)Free WiFiRead More
The Brisas del Mar, Inn at the Beach is a small boutique property located about two blocks north of the beaches and within walking distance of downtown Santa Barbara, California. All guest rooms include microwaves, coffee makers, bathrobes, safes, free HBO and movie rentals, a welcome bottle of champagne and complimentary W-Fi access. Some rooms also have kitchenettes with full-size appliances and balconies or patios. Guests won't find an on-site restaurant; however, a complimentary hot breakfast is served daily and there are also free snacks and cookies offered throughout the day. Recent guests loved the free champagne and cookies, the friendly staff and the clean, comfortable rooms. Other on-site amenities include an outdoor pool, a garden area and sun terrace, a fitness center and free self-parking. The hotel is also situated within walking distance of Stearns Wharf, where you'll find numerous shops and restaurants.3.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA2.8 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1450)Free WiFiRead More
The Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn is a resort-style hotel in Santa Barbara, California, with 150 guest rooms and suites situated on 5 acres of gardens. All rooms include minifridges, microwaves, coffee makers, flat-screen TVs with HBO and DVD rentals, free Wi-Fi access and separate sitting areas. Upgraded rooms also have a sleeper sofa and a balcony or patio. The Treehouse Restaurant serves American comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, though several recent guests wished breakfast was free. Other on-site amenities include two swimming pools and whirlpools, a hair salon and barbershop, free parking and a complimentary airport shuttle service. Recent guests particularly enjoyed the friendly staff, the gardens and the pools, and said that the property is very family-friendly. And since this hotel belongs to the Best Western Hotels & Resorts brand, Best Western Rewards members can use and earn points by choosing to stay here.3.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSanta Barbara, CA1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (587)Free WiFiRead More
Situated directly across the street from the Santa Barbara beaches, the West Beach Inn, a Coast Hotel is also within walking distance of downtown, where you'll find numerous shops and restaurants. The boutique inn's guest rooms include Turkish cotton bathrobes, flat-screen TVs with HBO access, free Wi-Fi, pillow-top mattresses, minifridges and coffee makers. Premium rooms also have balconies or patios. Although there's no on-site restaurant, a hot complimentary breakfast is served daily, as well as a free evening wine and cheese reception. Recent guests enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, the free wine and cheese, the attentive staff and the spotless rooms. Other on-site amenities include a heated outdoor pool, a complimentary hour-long stand-up paddleboard session, a coupon for bike rentals coupon and free parking.3.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.