- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, SarasotaSarasota, FL$37 Nightly Resort Fee5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class$37 Nightly Resort FeeLovers of the Ritz-Carlton brand are very much impressed by the Sarasota, Florida, version. Even though they've come to expect top-notch service, plush rooms and classy ambiance from these properties, travelers still can't stop gushing over the excellent customer service and the close attention to detail. At this Marriott-affiliated property, accommodations impress with amenities like private balconies, goose-down pillows and 55-inch flat-screen TVs. The resort also boasts an 18-hole, Tom Fazio-designed golf course (15 miles off-site). For non-golfers, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota provides tennis courts; but if you'd rather kick back and relax, you'll also find a pool, a spa and a beach club. (The property's $37 daily resort fee covers the 3-mile shuttle ride to the beach.) At the end of the day, recent travelers said a meal at Jack Dusty, the resort's popular seafood restaurant, is a must. You'll find The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota on Ritz-Carlton Drive alongside Sarasota Bay. Plus, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.
- View all PhotosThe Resort at Longboat Key ClubLongboat Key, FL$24-$36 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$24-$36 Nightly Resort Fee
Located off the coast of Sarasota, Florida, on a narrow strip of land sandwiched between Sarasota Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, toasty Longboat Key is often thought of as a wintertime hideaway. And snowbirds aren't the only ones who can appreciate the appeal of the area's Resort at Longboat Key Club. The gigantic property boasts a private cream-colored shore, 45 holes of golf, 20 Har-Tru tennis courts, a spa and a variety of other ways to indulge. Those who vacationed here recently were more than impressed with the friendly and efficient staff. Past guests also raved about the abundance of luxurious amenities. (But remember, two restaurants, the main pool, the lobby and select guest room buildings are undergoing renovations until early 2020.) Guest rooms and suites that are currently available to stay in are dressed in cream and blue hues and come with top-notch amenities like 42-inch flat-screen TVs, Bose Wave radios, minibars and furnished private balconies that overlook the beach, lagoon or golf courses. Keep in mind, a $24 to $36 daily resort fee, which covers additional conveniences like in-room Wi-Fi access, area shuttle service and self-parking, applies. The exact fee varies depending on the accommodation chosen.
- View all PhotosThe Westin SarasotaSarasota, FL$22 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$22 Nightly Resort Fee
Guests say the location alone is worth booking a stay with this hotel. The Westin Sarasota is blessed with a truly incredible setting, standing tall in the Bayfront region of downtown Sarasota. So not only are you close to the water, but you are also a short drive away from points of interest, including the beaches of Lido Key and Siesta Key. Accommodations here offer city, partial bay or marina views from floor-to-ceiling windows or balconies, as well as other comforts including pillow-top mattresses, coffee and tea making facilities, minifridges, 49-inch flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi access (for a fee). Outside the rooms, lodgers will find a gym that offers complimentary fitness classes to guests, a spa with an in-house salon, a restaurant and a rooftop pool and bar area, the latter of which was a favorite among several recent travelers. For an unforgettable experience, make sure to stick around the pool area during sunset for remarkable views of Sarasota's coastline. In addition to a knockout location, many guests attribute their memorable stays to the warm, fun and friendly staff, especially those working at the front desk and the rooftop bar. Keep in mind, the hotel charges a $22 daily destination fee. And since Westin is part of the Marriott family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosArt Ovation Hotel, Autograph CollectionSarasota, FL4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
As its name suggests, this Marriott property emphasizes providing an art-filled space for guests (a particular highlight for past lodgers). Along with an on-site art gallery, the hotel hosts art installations, performances and workshops. What's more, each room is equipped with sketchbooks, coloring pencils and a ukulele. Accommodations are also adorned with specially selected artwork and feature floor-to-ceiling windows, complimentary Wi-Fi access and sofa beds. Outside their digs, visitors will find a gift shop, a fitness center, and the Overture Restaurant & Gallery Lounge. From the property's roof, guests can soak in the year-round pool or sip drinks at the Perspective Rooftop Pool Bar. Reviewers were especially impressed with the rooftop bar, lauding its views and music. Past guests also gave high marks for Art Ovation Hotel's location in downtown Sarasota, Florida, which visitors can explore via the property's complimentary bikes or the complimentary shuttle (available within 3 miles of the property). If you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosHotel Indigo SarasotaSarasota, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Hotel Indigo Sarasota is located in the Rosemary District of Sarasota, Florida. All of the guest rooms and suites come with coffee makers, flat-screen TVs with DVD players, desks, windows that open and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Recent guests raved about the spacious guest rooms, the lovely decor found in-room and throughout the hotel and the personable customer service. The H2O Bistro serves American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and there is also a 24-hour grab-and-go section with snacks and beverages. Other on-site amenities and services offered at this pet-friendly hotel include a 24-hour fitness studio, a business center, hot and cold wading pools and self-parking (though it costs extra). Guests should note that they will likely need a car to get around, as popular local attractions – like Lido Key Beach – are about 3 miles from the hotel. Since this hotel has ties to the InterContinental Hotels Group, that means IHG Rewards Club members can accrue and redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosCarlisle Inn SarasotaSarasota, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Carlisle Inn Sarasota is a 3.5 star hotel located at 3727 Bahia Vista St in Sarasota. It has a 5.0 overall guest rating based on 242 reviews.
- View all PhotosHyatt Regency SarasotaSarasota, FL$24 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$24 Nightly Resort Fee
Featuring a bright color scheme, inspired by fashion designer Lilly Pulitzer, the Hyatt Regency Sarasota impresses visitors with its inviting setting and stunning views of the property's private marina and Sarasota Bay. Pool chaises and umbrellas, plus the lobby and room accent pillows are vibrant pinks and light greens. The rooms are fun and flashy, too, though not as much as the common spaces; accommodations offer Portico bath amenities, 47-inch flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access. Recent guests especially praise the ambient pool area and stylish guest rooms. To enhance your stay, past travelers suggest requesting a room on a higher floor for optimal views. When you're ready to eat, you'll have your pick of Currents Restaurant, a sophisticated restaurant that dishes up fresh seafood entrees with a side of harbor views, or the Hurricane Hut, which offers poolside eats. However, some past guests noted high prices at both eateries. Another bonus for Hyatt loyalty program members: Participants can use or earn points here to enjoy complimentary perks.
- View all PhotosEmbassy Suites by Hilton SarasotaSarasota, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Embassy Suites by Hilton Sarasota is a 3.5 star hotel located at 202 N Tamiami Trl in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 238 reviews.
- View all PhotosLido Beach ResortSarasota, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Located on the island of Lido Key in Sarasota, Florida, the Lido Beach Resort is a beachfront property right on the Gulf of Mexico. There are 222 guest rooms and condo-style suites that include complimentary Wi-Fi access (which is included in the daily resort fee) and flat-screen TVs. Many rooms also come with private balconies and full kitchens or kitchenettes. Guests have options when it comes to dining venues. Upscale dining can be found at Lido Beach Grille, while casual outdoor dining is available at the Tiki Bar and Café Lido. Recent guests say you can't go wrong with any of the restaurants, as all on-site dining options are tasty. Other on-site amenities include a private beach with lounge chairs, cabanas and umbrellas; two heated pools; three Jacuzzis; beach volleyball; bicycle rentals; and a 24-hour fitness center. There's also self-parking (for a fee) and a complimentary shuttle that runs to St. Armands Circle, which is home to numerous restaurants and shops.
- View all PhotosThe Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio HotelSarasota, FL$24 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$24 Nightly Resort Fee
Located within walking distance of several performing arts venues and 3 miles southeast of The Ringling Museum of Art, the Marriott-affiliated Sarasota Modern appeals to creative types. The modern boutique hotel – which reviewers praise for its cool, welcoming vibe – is home to 89 rooms with minimalist decor and perks like 50-inch flat-screen TVs, blackout curtains, walk-in rain showers and minibars stocked with local items. The hotel's $24 daily resort fee covers access to additional amenities, including in-room internet, valet parking and a Volkswagen Bus beach shuttle. Plus, guests can break a sweat in The Sarasota Modern's 24-hour fitness center or lounge by its three pools, one of which boasts underwater speakers. After a leisurely day on or off the property, visitors can satiate their appetites at American-inspired Rudolph's or quench their thirsts at the poolside juice bar. Business travelers who need to catch up on work during their stays can take advantage of the hotel's business center and four meeting and event spaces. Sarasota, Florida's convention center also sits a couple of blocks northwest of the property. Because The Sarasota Modern is a member of Marriott's Tribute Portfolio, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosZota Beach ResortLongboat Key, FL4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassZota Beach Resort is a 4 star hotel located at 4711 Gulf of Mexico Dr in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 617 reviews.
- View all PhotosCedars Tennis ResortLongboat Key, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Cedars Tennis Resort is a 3.5 star hotel located at 645 Cedars Ct Ste A in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 43 reviews.
- View all PhotosHoliday Inn Sarasota AirportSarasota, FL3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport is a 3.5 star hotel located at 8009 15th Street E in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 642 reviews.
- View all PhotosCourtyard Sarasota University Park / Lakewood Ranch AreaSarasota, FL3.0-star Hotel Class3.0-star Hotel Class
Courtyard Sarasota University Park / Lakewood Ranch Area is a 3 star hotel located at 8305 Tourist Center Dr in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 197 reviews.
- View all PhotosHyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton AirportSarasota, FL3.0-star Hotel Class3.0-star Hotel Class
Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton Airport is a 3 star hotel located at 950 University Parkway in Sarasota. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 792 reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sarasota Hotels
What are the best pool hotels?
What are the best family hotels?
What are the best hotels for fitness?
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.