- #1View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.4 miles to city center#1 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1858)Read MoreIn a city known for its cobblestone streets, historic squares and ancient homes, The Kimpton Brice Hotel sticks out with its modern flair. Situated across the street from the Savannah River and the bustling River Street, this Kimpton hotel impresses visitors with its chic interiors and friendly staff. Accommodations feature a gray color palette with bright pops of yellow, and each room is outfitted with Atelier Bloem toiletries, an in-room yoga mat, a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi access for IHG Rewards Club members. The contemporary design continues throughout the entire property, which features an outdoor pool, a fitness center and the trendy Pacci Italian Kitchen + Bar, a favorite among recent guests. True to its brand, The Kimpton Brice also offers a complimentary wine hour every evening from 5 to 6 p.m. Plus, if you want to explore Savannah's moss-draped Historic District, grab a complimentary bike from the hotel. Aside from the cool design and unbeatable location, travelers also love this hotel's pet-friendly policy. In fact, some reviewers said you'd be hard-pressed to find a better pet-friendly hotel in Savannah.
- #2View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.9 miles to city center#2 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (2006)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Mansion on Forsyth Park's staff exudes Southern hospitality, serving guests with plenty of smiles and spouting off locally known tips. The on-site Poseidon Spa offers additional pampering, with treatments ranging from relaxing massages to soothing facials. The in-house restaurant, 700 Drayton Restaurant, serves southern fare, while Casimir's Lounge features a rooftop patio and live music. If you're the kind of person that likes to get their hands dirty in the kitchen, visit the 700 Kitchen Cooking School. When it's time to retreat to your digs, you'll enjoy oversized soaking or whirlpool tubs, down comforters and unique artwork. There's also a fitness center on-site and outdoor pool, perfect for those wanting to get in some extra R & R while away. You'll find this hotel just south of Savannah's historic district, and because it is a member of Marriott's Autograph Collection, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #3View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.4 miles to city center#3 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (2437)Free WiFiRead MoreThis gargantuan hotel lacks the personality but not the price of its smaller competitors. Guests who expect the standard Westin hotel will receive it, and have access to plenty of on-site amenities and activities along the way. There's a the on-site spa as well as the resort's greens and fairways — a major perk for avid golfers. Meanwhile, all rooms include the signature Heavenly Beds and bath fixtures, iHome radios, 42-inch flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi access. And If you're lucky, you will get a pretty sweet view of the Savannah River; previous travelers recommend asking for a room with a river view, saying the panoramas are excellent. However, on the subject of water, The Westin Savannah Harbor is separated from the downtown area by said river, so you can expect your movements to be dictated by the cross-river shuttle ferries. For some guests, that's A-OK. In addition to golf and the spa, this Westin hotel boasts an outdoor pool and several dining options. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.Free WiFi
- #4View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.1 miles to city center#4 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1277)Free WiFiRead MoreGuests praise the Bohemian Hotel for its ideal location just steps from the Savannah River and near many of the city's top things to do. Accommodations here are dressed in red and brown decor and come outfitted with pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen TVs and coffee makers. Although the rooms are comfortable, the rooftop lounge is the real highlight for most visitors – you can enjoy excellent views of the riverfront while sipping delicious cocktails. You will also have access to two restaurants: Rocks on the River specializes in American fare and Rocks on the Roof serves up tasty tapas plates. One perk of the hotel is that it is part of the Autograph Collection properties and part of the Marriott family. As such, Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program members can use points toward a stay here.Free WiFi
- #5View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.3 miles to city center#5 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (108)Free WiFiRead More
Located within walking distance of the iconic Forsyth Park in the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, the Perry Lane Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Savannah opened in 2018. Though it's the new kid on the block, the 167-room Marriott hotel features a local art collection, a partnership with an architectural tour guide, live music performances and a lending library, which makes you feel like the property has been part of the city for centuries. And with its private yoga classes, in-room spa treatments, bike rentals, rooftop pool and fitness center, you will want to keep returning here for the next century. Accommodations are as lavish as the common areas, and they include flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and deluxe bath products (upgrade to a suite for an additional sitting area). The food here is also sublime, visitors say. The Emporium Kitchen & Wine Market serves innovative fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner; Peregrin is a rooftop bar where guests can enjoy drinks and small dishes; and The Wayward specializes in handcrafted cocktails. Recent guests lauded the staff and comfortable accommodations at this hotel, and they also appreciated its location. However, visitors should beware of the $30 daily amenity fee tacked onto the room rate. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #6View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.2 miles to city center#6 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (3538)Free WiFiRead MoreAt Andaz Savannah, you'll get Southern hospitality but not Southern decor. The modern rooms are smartly designed with dark wood furnishings and bright pops of green, as well as convenient amenities such as complimentary Wi-Fi access, 42-inch flat-screens TV and blackout drapes. Aside from the absence of bath tubs in standard rooms, recent guests agree that these Savannah digs are cozy and luxurious. While you're here, you'll also have access to the Andaz's outdoor pool and terrace, as well as the in-house restaurant – 22 Square Restaurant earns thumbs-up from travelers for its farm-to-table Southern fare. Another bonus: It's right across the street from the City Market, so you'll also be within walking distance of many of the city's popular things to do. What’s more, the service is exceptional, with some going to far as to say it made their stay. And because Andaz is part of the Hyatt portfolio, members of the Hyatt rewards program can accrue or redeem points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #7View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.1 miles to city center#7 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (3515)Free WiFiRead More
The historic Marshall House sits a few blocks south of the Savannah River in charming downtown Savannah within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, bars and museums. The modernized four-story property first opened in 1852 and is renowned as one of the country’s most haunted hotels, a reputation that it embraces in its history talks (3x per week during the wine and cheese reception; the other 2 nights there’s live music) and hallway historical displays. Standard rooms - such as the petit queen, superior queen and classic king – all have red and white bedding with wooden headboards as well as complimentary Wi-Fi, bottled water, bathrobes, in-room safes, minifridges, and an electronic charging station; some have original hardwood flooring. Some have bathrooms with walk-in showers while others have clawfoot tubs. Upgrade to a second-story suite for access to the long, shared wrought-iron balcony filled with rocking chairs overlooking E Broughton Street. On-site parking is by valet only and guests who book directly through the property receive a discount. There’s a daily breakfast served in the atrium for an additional fee. One recent guest summed up the property’s appeal succinctly: “This place is old. This place is great. History and mystery all under one roof.”
- #9View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.2 miles to city center#9 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1591)Free WiFiRead More
A block south of River Street and kitty-corner to the greenspace in Emmet Park in downtown Savannah, the three-story brick historic East Bay Inn, built in 1852, offers 28 modern guest rooms. Some are pet friendly. Each relatively spacious room is uniquely furnished — some have private patios, exposed brick walls or original hardwood flooring — but all have in-room charging stations, bathrobes, safes that fit most laptops, flat-screen TVs and individual climate controls. Unlike some other historic inns in Savannah, East Bay Inn has elevator access to all floors. There’s no included breakfast, but daily breakfast, weekday lunch and dinner (Wed.-Sat.) are served in the underground Skyler’s Restaurant. Skyler’s is also the site of the hotel’s lauded wine and cheese reception for guests each evening. There’s nightly turn-down service and morning newspaper delivery. Parking incurs an additional fee, but passes for city parking as well as the limited on-site parking are issued at check-in.
- #10View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.1 miles to city center#10 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (3111)Free WiFiRead More
The six-story brick Planters Inn on Reynolds Square is in the heart of historic downtown Savannah, across from Reyonds Square and adjacent to The Olde Pink House, a historic building housing one of the city’s most popular Southern dining establishments. Because the location is in a popular area, some recent guests noted hotel corridors and street noise was louder on Friday and Saturday evenings. The hotel has 60 guest rooms in six room categories. All have four-poster beds, floral motifs, complimentary Wi-Fi, bathrobes and coffee makers (minifridges are available for an additional fee); nightly turndown service is included. Some rooms have fireplaces and/or views of Reynolds Square. There’s an included daily continental breakfast, wine and cheese receptions (Mon.-Sat. evenings), cookies and refreshments in the lobby, and room service from The Olde Pink House restaurant in the evenings. Parking incurs an additional daily fee and includes valet. The staff are particularly friendly and helpful.
- #12View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.3 miles to city center#12 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1414)Free WiFiRead MoreThis quaint Savannah, Georgia, inn is located along the banks of the Savannah River, near a handful of the city's top attractions like the City Market and the Owens-Thomas House. And like many hotels in Savannah, this one is said to be haunted. ("Hank" is the name of the ghost that resides within the inn and a few past guests reported some paranormal experiences during their stays.) Accommodations at the Olde Harbour Inn are all suites that include wet bars, microwaves, coffee makers, free Wi-Fi access and flat-screen TVs. Additional amenities provided by the hotel include complimentary daily breakfast, a nightly complimentary wine and cheese reception and turndown ice cream treats. There's no on-site restaurant, but recent visitors said the free evening happy hour was a great perk and that the hotel's location puts guests within walking distance of several downtown Savannah eateries.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #14View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.5 miles to city center#14 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (2035)Free WiFiRead More
Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah is situated on the western edge of downtown adjacent to the Savannah College of Art and Design’s (SCAD) Museum of Art and within easy walking distance city shops, restaurants and bars. It’s about 12 miles to the Savannah airport. Guest rooms in the all-suite property come in two- or three-room options – all have separate sleeping and lounge areas, are outfitted in soft, neutral tones and have two flat-screen TVs, black-out curtains, microwaves and minifridges. There’s a daily complimentary hot breakfast with omelet station (on Fri. and Sat. through a partnership with Old Savannah Tours, the property offers a southern character breakfast) that recent guests say is delicious and a daily evening reception. The hotel also boasts the independently-operated 39 Rue de Jean, an on-site French bistro with attached to-go mart. There’s a fitness center, business center as well as a patio with fire pit and outdoor pool. Garage parking is available for an additional daily fee. Some recent guests have complained of slow customer service. Guests of this Embassy Suites by Hilton property can earn or redeem Hilton Honors points during their stay.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #15View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.3 miles to city center#15 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1755)Free WiFiRead More
On the western edge of downtown Savannah, two blocks from the river and within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, bars and museums, the DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District welcomes guests with 151 guest rooms. It’s 10 miles to the Savannah Airport. Standard guest rooms are outfitted in contemporary white and black with purple accents – all come with complimentary Wi-Fi, coffee maker, lounge chair or sleeper sofa and MP3 compatible clock radios. Bathrooms have granite counter tops and walk-in showers with sliding glass doors. Only suites have in-room microwaves and fridges. The hotel’s restaurant, John Ryan’s Bistro and Pub, is open daily with Southern comfort fare during it sbuffet breakfast, dinner and drinks; room service is available for all meals. There’s a brightly-colored fitness center, small outdoor pool and hot tub and business center on-site. On-site parking is by valet only and incurs and additional daily charge. Recent guests say employees of this property exhibit exemplary customer service. Guests of this DoubleTree property can earn or redeem Hilton Honors points for their stay at this property.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #16View all PhotosSavannah, GA10 miles to city center#16 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1681)Free WiFiRead More
Right off I-95 in a commercial area near a movie theater, restaurants and chain shops including the Tanger Outlets Savannah, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport is just 3-miles to the airport (airport shuttle provided) and 15-miles to downtown Savannah. Each of the rooms in the all-suite property is outfitted in neutral tones and has separate sleeping and living areas, a microwave, refrigerator, two TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. Bathrooms have granite counter tops and walk-in showers. There’s a small indoor pool and whirlpool and a brightly-colored fitness center; parking is free in the on-site lot. The included breakfast features a made-to-order omelet bar, there’s a nightly reception for guests, and 145 Mulberry, offering small plates, sandwiches as well as a limited number of American-style entrees and desserts, is open during dinner for dine-in or in-room dining. Guests of this property can earn or redeem Hilton Honors points during their stay.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #17View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.2 miles to city center#17 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (1311)Read More
Right along the Savannah River, the 56-room boutique Cotton Sail Hotel is steps from both the modern River Walk and the city’s historic squares. It’s around 10 miles to the Savannah Airport. Guest rooms are outfitted in beachy blues and browns – all have 200-year-old reclaimed pine wood floors (from the property’s earlier heyday as a cotton mill), bathrobes, memory foam mattresses, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe and flat-screen TVs with upgraded cable channels. Bathrooms have walk-in showers with glass doors. Balcony rooms have great views of passing boat traffic, but the balconies themselves are very small. The rooftop bar - popular with hotel guests and Savannah residents alike - serves drinks and small plates overlooking the river, while ground floor River House Restaurant serves fine Southern fare (seafood and steaks) for lunch and dinner. Some recent guests say they experienced subpar service at the rooftop bar. The property also offers turndown service and has a small on-site fitness center. Parking is by valet only.3.5-star Hotel Class
- #18View all PhotosSavannah, GA0.6 miles to city center#18 in Best Hotels in SavannahTripAdvisor (2147)Free WiFiRead More
The Savannah Marriott Riverfront sits on the eastern edge of downtown Savannah fronting the Savannah River and is a short stroll down the River Walk to shops, restaurants, bars and museums. A 2017 renovation helped to modernize and upgrade the eight-story property’s 346 guest rooms and suites. Guest rooms feature clean white color palettes. Many standard rooms feature partial riverfront or atrium views from small attached balconies and have sofas, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi (for an additional fee). There’s a 24-hour fitness center and small outdoor pool near the parking area. An on-site spa is open daily and offers massages and body treatments by appointment. Blue, A Savannah Bistro serves buffet and made-to-order American-style breakfast daily (not included with most room bookings); Atrium Bar has Southern cuisine and drinks during dinner and lunch. Recent guests complain of slow customer service (requested items taking a long time to be delivered; rooms not ready at check-in), and parts of the property still in need of renovation. Guests of the Savannah Marriott Riverfront can earn or redeem Marriott Rewards points during their stay.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read More
Each room at the Hamilton-Turner Inn has a unique floor plan, furnishings and its own name. Recent guests describe the complimentary breakfast as a delicious feast where there is no chance of going hungry. The hospitality continues throughout the day with tea and lemonade, wine near supper time and port at the evening's close. Visitors also remark on the historical feel of the building, which is epitomized in the hotel lounge. The small staff receives outstanding reviews for their knowledge of the area and willingness to help guests. You'll find this hotel in the heart of Savannah, near Lafayette Square.4.0-star Hotel Class
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.