- #1View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.4 miles to city center#1 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (1722)Read MoreSitting about a block from the waterfront in downtown Seattle, the Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is sleek and polished with a few touches inspired by the region. Local artwork is on display throughout the property, and the popular Goldfinch Tavern serves Pacific Northwest fare paired with tasty cocktails and craft beers. Recent travelers compliment this Four Seasons property's highly attentive service staff. Many visitors also love the extra perks like the infinity pool and its views of both the Olympic Mountains and Elliott Bay. When it's time to retreat to your digs, you'll be greeted by plush terry bathrobes, down duvets and pillows, flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations, among other luxe features. If you bring a vehicle to this property, though, be ready to shell out for expensive valet fees.
- #2View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.2 miles to city center#2 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (3559)Read MoreStylish since 1924, the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle has stayed true to its elegant roots. Crystal chandeliers dangle delicately from the arched ceiling and a classical pianist performs at afternoon tea in The Terrace lounge. The Fairmont Olympic Hotel receives high praise for everything from its indoor swimming pool to its impeccable service staff to its convenient downtown location. Inside the 450 accommodations, lodgers find terry bathrobes, windows that open to let in the breeze, internet access (free for Le Club AccorHotels members) and goose-down duvets. But fair warning: The Fairmont is pricey, and so is the food at The Georgian Restaurant, though guests say the stay and the eats are worth the splurge.
- #3View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.5 miles to city center#3 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (2933)Free WiFiRead More
This boutique hotel has one of the best locales in town according to recent travelers, with Pike Place Market just around the corner. Yet despite the nearby hustle and bustle, the Inn at the Market stays cozy, with a romantic courtyard and a quaint rooftop deck with picturesque views of Elliott Bay. Recent visitors fell in love with the unbeatable vistas from their contemporary rooms. Those rooms also include perks like iPod docking stations, complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, Keurig coffeemakers and floor-to-ceiling bay windows. What's more, there are a few restaurants on-site and plenty of nearby eateries for visitors to enjoy.Free WiFi
- #4View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.1 miles to city center#4 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (2566)Read MoreThe Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, is one of the most pet-friendly hotels in the city, with no fees or pet size restrictions. Special perks for your pet include pup room service menus, dog-sitting services and personalized itineraries. Recent travelers loved the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle's boutique-y features, including the modern red-, gray- and white-themed guest rooms. Visitors also raved about the staff, saying everyone from the valet to the room service attendants makes you feel like you're a VIP. While you're staying at this branch of the Kimpton family, be sure to frequent the nightly wine receptions held in the lobby (which are covered by the property's daily $20 facilities fee). And as an added bonus, IHG Rewards Club members can receive perks here like minibar credits.4.5-star Hotel Class
- #5View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.9 miles to city center#5 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (1784)Read MoreThe airy Pan Pacific's color scheme – with blond wood, tan marble and cinnamon accents – creates a warm atmosphere even in the dreariest of Seattle winters. The spacious rooms come equipped with high-tech perks like flat-screen TV's, complimentary high-speed wireless internet and programmable thermostats. And though some recent travelers say the Pan Pacific's location isn't the most convenient, others note that there's an easily accessible Whole Foods below the hotel, and the complimentary shuttle will take you into downtown Seattle. But you might not need to leave the property to indulge in tasty cuisine: this hotel is home to The Lobby Bar at Pan Pacific, and 24-hour room service is also available.
- #6View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.1 miles to city center#6 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (1134)Read MoreNestled in the heart of the downtown area, this stylish W fits in well with the other ultra-mod hotels of Seattle. Board games are available in the Living Room lobby, local artwork is on display at the welcome desk and in-room spa treatments are available at the ready. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with Bliss bath products, pillow-top beds, flat-screen TVs and large, nearly floor-to-ceiling windows that boast city vistas. Most recent travelers compliment the service staff, as well as the food and atmosphere at the on-site restaurant, TRACE. Other guests were less pleased with the steep daily parking fees and length of time it took to get hot water in the showers. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- #7View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.2 miles to city center#7 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (1930)Read MoreNestled in downtown Seattle, this small Kimpton property is perfect for wine lovers. Guest rooms are named after the vineyards of Washington wine country and luxuriously decorated. And the complimentary evening wine hour – featuring tastings with local winemakers – is popular with travelers. Guests also love the comfy pillow-top beds, the yoga mats in every room, the complimentary coffee and the wireless Internet (that's complimentary for IHG Rewards Club members). They also compliment the friendly service staff. However, some guests express disappointment in the expensive parking rates. If you care for a bite to eat, Tulio Italian restaurant is a must-do, with notable cuisine and a pleasant ambiance.
- #8View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.2 miles to city center#8 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (2278)Read MoreLocated about a mile north of Pioneer Square, Kimpton Alexis Hotel Seattle has eclectically decorated flair. Leather wing chairs are paired with stainless steel four-poster beds, and not one of the 121 guest rooms and suites has the same layout thanks to the quirky contours of this old building. But what really makes the Alexis a standout are its rotating art exhibits, found in the lobby and gallery room. There are also a handful of specialty suites, like the Spa Suite, with a two-person soaking tub with jets and separate walk-in shower. Recent travelers love this Kimpton property's convenient location, as well as its friendly service staff and adjoining bookshop/bar and grill, the Bookstore Bar and Café. Plus, guests can score extra perks for being part of the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program.
- #9View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.2 miles to city center#9 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (3219)Read MoreThis ultra-modern property is popular with trendy travelers. The dramatic backlit staircase takes center stage in the small lobby, but recent visitors also love the futuristic-looking fire pit in the adjacent sitting room. Guest rooms are a bit less flamboyant, decorated in dark earth tones with dramatic details like tubs that fill from the ceiling. Techies rejoice over the high-tech in-room phones that also show area dining options, as well as the flashy televisions that double as art displays. And the Hotel 1000 also has the city's only virtual-reality Golf Club that has more than 50 courses from around the world, including the Old Course at St. Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 and Pebble Beach. Recent guests praised the on-site All Water Seafood & Oyster Bar for its contemporary West Coast inspired cuisine and its service. Now part of the Loews portfolio, rewards program members can enjoy perks here.
- #10View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.5 miles to city center#10 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (4525)Read MoreSeattle's only true waterfront hotel, The Edgewater balances on its own pier into the harbor, giving guests prime vistas of the Puget Sound. Of course, there's a catch: The waterfront rooms with balconies are smaller than those waterfront rooms without balconies. But trust us, the floor-to-ceiling sliding doors, the picturesque views through them and the claw-foot tubs in the bathrooms make up for the lack of floor space. Plus, recent travelers love the cozy, lodge-like feel of their rooms, especially the gas fireplaces. Recent guests do warn that walls are thin, though, and that some accommodations could use an update. Venture outside of your room and you'll find the waterfront Six Seven Restaurant, which serves up creative cuisine for three meals a day.
- #11View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.5 miles to city center#11 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (2848)Read MoreThe Hyatt at Olive 8 is the city's first hotel to be LEED certified by the U.S. Green Building Council. Everything – from the water system and the plumbing fixtures to the native plant-based landscaping – is designed with ecological efficiency in mind. Even the in-house restaurant, Urbane, touts its eco-friendliness, planning menus around the produce available from local farmers. Most love this Hyatt’s green practices as well as the convenient locale minutes from hot spots like Pike Place Market, though some recent travelers complain about thin walls and noise seeping in. Guest rooms feature iPod docking stations, 37-inch flat-screen TVs and Portico bath products. If you're a member of the brand's rewards program, you can earn extra perks and points toward free nights.
- #12View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.4 miles to city center#12 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (1361)Read MoreThe Sorrento Hotel, built in 1909, is the oldest boutique hotel in Seattle. The vintage property is full of charming details like wrought-iron gates, a palm tree-laden courtyard and the cozy, eight-sided Fireside Room where guests can sit and relax. And classy extras like live jazz and traditional high tea help create an elegant atmosphere. Some recent travelers complain about the uphill commute to the hotel's First Hill neighborhood. When it's time to retire to your digs for the night, you'll find fully stocked honor bars, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, 400-thread-count linens and complimentary wireless internet access.
- #13View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.7 miles to city center#13 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (2232)Read MoreLocated about a mile north of Pioneer Square, Hotel Ändra is a boutique hotel adorned in a unique Scandinavian-meets-Northwestern style. In the living room-like lobby, simple, modern furnishings surround a stone fireplace, complete with stacks of wood at the ready. Recent guests give high marks to the hotel's central location and the friendly service staff members, who go above and beyond when it comes to meeting guests' needs. Though, many needs are met by the luxe amenities found in each of the hotel's 119 guest rooms. Accommodations feature goose down pillows, 37-inch flat-screen TVs and for those traveling on business, a spacious desk area. Whatever the reason for their stay, recent visitors applaud the two on-site restaurants – Lola's Pacific Northwestern cuisine and Assaggio Ristorante's Italian cuisine – as some of the best eats in the area.
- #14View all PhotosSeattle, WA0.5 miles to city center#14 in Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle, SeattleTripAdvisor (3655)Read MoreThe Grand Hyatt Seattle is nestled in the Pioneer Square district, about a mile and a half inland from Elliott Bay. Rooms are plush with luxurious linens, down blankets and pillows and iPod docking stations. Although the larger rooms and suites are spacious, the basic double rooms may be a tight fit for more than two travelers. Recent visitors loved this Hyatt's location, but some complained that the service was average and employees were slow in handling requests. If you're willing to leave your room to dine, this property offers a few on-site eateries that range from Starbucks to Ruth's Chris Steak House. Members of Hyatt's rewards program have the option to earn and redeem rewards points at this Seattle property.
When purchasing from our site, we may earn commissions. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.