- View all PhotosBelmond La SamannaSt. Martin5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
Overlooking the waves of Baie Longue from its seat in western St. Martin, Belmond La Samanna lures sun-seekers to its premises with its promise of access to some of the best sands on the island. Guests agree that the location is enviable, praising the ocean views they found outside their rooms and suites (which can be enjoyed from private balconies, terraces or – for a little extra money – plunge pools). This member of the Belmond hotels family also delights R&R-seekers with its peaceful atmosphere. Travelers praise the well-manicured grounds and beautiful pools, as well as the property's extraordinary spa treatments. After unwinding at the spa, vacationers can enjoy French-inspired cuisine and front-row sunset views at L'Oursin Restaurant. Additional on-site dining options include an alfresco breakfast eatery and a casual Caribbean-French fusion restaurant. All three dining establishments receive rave reviews from diners, although some caution that the dishes are expensive.
- View all PhotosL'Esplanade HotelGrand Case10% of room rate Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class10% of room rate Nightly Resort FeeL'Esplanade Hotel is a boutique hotel tucked into the verdant countryside of St. Martin. Family-owned and operated, this small, 24-room hotel overlooks Grand Case Bay. In fact, all accommodations boast private balconies or terraces with sea views. Stepping into your room or suite is like taking a short trip around the world, as all feature Brazilian woodwork, Balinese furniture and French fabrics. Each also comes equipped with free Wi-Fi access, a cable TV, an iPod docking station and beach towels, which can be brought to the beach (a short walk away) or to the on-site pool. Recent guests recommend visiting the pool bar during your stay, where the on-site bartender, mixes up creative tropical cocktails. If you're looking for a more relaxing stay, take a complimentary yoga class at Ti Temple or book a therapeutic massage at Ti Spa. Keep in mind, the property does not have a restaurant, though a few eateries are situated within walking distance.
- View all PhotosSonesta Ocean Point ResortMaho5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
An adults-only, all-inclusive luxury hotel on the esatern shores of St. Maarten, the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort caters to vacationing couples and friends. Each of the all-suite property's 130 accommodations features a neutral color palette, a minifridge, Italian Modena porcelain floors and a Greek marble bathroom, a private balcony with ocean views, 400-thread-count linens, free Wi-Fi access and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Plus, electronic wristband room keys make getting in and out of your room easy, as you won't have to remember to bring a key with you. Outside the suites, you'll find three pools, four bars and three restaurants that feature Caribbean- and Mediterranean-inspired dishes on their menus. Additional dining venues at the nearby Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa are free to enjoy starting in February 2019. Overall, recent visitors heaped praise on the resort's friendly employees and clean accommodations. However, many warned that several areas of the property are still undergoing renovations to repair damage from Hurricane Irma, meaning you may hear construction noise and encounter missing or malfunctioning suite amenities during your stay. But, members of the Sonesta Travel Pass rewards program can pay for suites with accrued points.
- View all PhotosDivi Little Bay Beach ResortPhilipsburg4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
One of this resort's best assets is its location by Divi Little Bay Beach in Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Previous lodgers raved about this resort's affordable room rates and picturesque setting, citing its desolate sands, calm waves and superb snorkeling as highlights. However, many lamented the poorly maintained facilities, slow service and outdated accommodations. All rooms and suites feature neutral color schemes and come outfitted with flat-screen TVs, coffee makers and free Wi-Fi access. Outside the accommodations, visitors will find complimentary nonmotorized water sports equipment rentals at the beach, as well as three pools, a shopping promenade, a spa and a fitness center. There are also three sit-down restaurants that serve everything from casual American fare to gourmet Italian cuisine.
- View all PhotosSimpson Bay Resort & MarinaSimpson Bay4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina in St. Maarten is home to 336 spacious suites. All accommodations are decorated in vibrant tropical hues and come equipped with kitchens, free internet access, walk-in showers, coffee makers, king-sized beds and private terraces or balconies. Outside the rooms, visitors have access to an array of amenities, including seven pools (including one for kids), a white sand beach, four tennis courts and L'Aqualigne Spa. Plus, several restaurants and shops sit within walking distance, so lodgers have the option of eating out or cooking a meal in their accommodations. Recent guests recommend checking out the area's eateries, though they suggest using the resort's complimentary shuttle to reach off-site dining venues since the restaurants are an uphill walk from the property. Others praise the beautiful grounds and facilities but caution that those with mobility issues should request a room on the first floor since the resort's elevators are often out of order.
- View all PhotosMercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa HotelBaie Nettle4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Situated on the French side of St. Martin, about 5 miles north of Princess Juliana International Airport, the Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa Hotel comes recommended by travelers for its amicable staff and superb setting. The property's location on a strip away from the mainland offers a more peaceful setting than what you'd find in the more party hardy Orient Bay. Lodgers also loved their colorful rooms, which are spread across five Creole-style buildings set in the middle of a tropical garden. Amenities include satellite TVs, minifridges, work desks and Wi-Fi access (for a fee). The hotel also features a pool, tennis courts, a spa and beach access. Keep in mind, some facilities are currently unavailable while the property repairs damage caused by Hurricane Irma. Guests give a thumbs up to the restaurant, Les Voiles, for serving delectable Caribbean. What's more, since this property falls under the AccorHotels umbrella, members of Le Club AccorHotels can accumulate or redeem points for bedding down here.
- View all PhotosEsmeralda ResortBaie Orientale4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Facing the beryl-tinted waters of St. Martin's Orient Bay, Esmeralda Resort boasts 65 rooms and suites spread throughout 18 villas. Each villa features its own swimming pool with Jacuzzi jets, along with a private entrance and terrace. Recent guests said the resort's rooms are spacious and well-maintained, adding that you should request a room closer to the beach (only two villas face the ocean) for the best views. When you're not relaxing poolside, head to the beach and enjoy a complimentary chair and umbrella. Or, try your hand at surfing, Jet Skiing or parasailing, just a few of the activities available on-site. After working up an appetite, stave off hunger pangs with a meal at The Astrolabe restaurant. Though recent visitors raved about the eatery's French-inspired fare and attentive service, they're also quick to recommend eating off-site at one of Orient Bay's eateries. Also, keep in mind that despite the resort's reopening in late 2018 after sustaining damage from Hurricane Irma in 2017, some repairs are still ongoing. As such, construction noise may be occasionally heard, according to past travelers.
- View all PhotosCoral Beach Club Villas & MarinaOyster Pond4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Coral Beach Club Villas & Marina is a 4 star hotel located at Emerald Merit Road #3 in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 120 reviews.
- View all PhotosGreen Cay VillasOrient Bay4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassGreen Cay Villas is a 4 star hotel located at Parc de la Baie Orientale in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 57 reviews.
- View all PhotosOyster Bay Beach ResortOyster Pond4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Oyster Bay Beach Resort is a 4 star hotel located at 10 Emerald Merit Rd in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 1299 reviews.
- View all PhotosHotel La PlantationOrient Bay4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Hotel La Plantation is a 4 star hotel located at C5 Parc de La Baie Orientale in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 462 reviews.
- View all PhotosSonesta Great Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, Casino & SpaPhilipsburg4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Sonesta Great Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, Casino & Spa is a 4 star hotel located at Little Bay Rd 19 in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 4337 reviews.
- View all PhotosSonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & SpaPhilipsburg4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
The Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa is an all-inclusive, adults-only property situated along a mile-long stretch of sand in St. Maarten. The property houses three swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars, a spa and the Golden Casino. Inside the 257 guest rooms and suites, you'll find private balconies or terraces, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and free Wi-Fi access. Meanwhile, butler suites come with personal butlers who will unpack your luggage, give you a private cellphone for making service requests, arrange all of your dinner reservations and activities, expedite room service deliveries and more. Recent guests were floored with the butler service, expressing delight that they put thought into even the smallest of details (like decorating their beach towels with sandals and flowers) and made sure the best tables were reserved for meals at the on-site restaurants. Those who opted out of the program still had high praise for the staff around the resort, saying that everyone from housekeeping to reception to the wait staff was friendly and helpful. But a few visitors noted that this Sonesta resort tends to attract an older crowd, so you may want to stay elsewhere if you're looking for more of a party scene.
- View all PhotosThe Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & MarinaSimpson Bay4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a 4 star hotel located at Billy Folly Road No. 37A in St. Martin - St. Maarten. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 392 reviews.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. MaartenSt. Maarten4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Situated on Dawn Beach along St. Maarten's eastern coast, this resort pampers guests with Westin amenities and sweeping views. Accommodations are furnished with the brand's signature Heavenly Beds, neutral and pastel decor and private patios or balconies. Previous guests highly recommend requesting an ocean-view room when making your reservations, saying that the vistas alone are worth the slightly inflated room rate. Even if you can't see the sea from your accommodations, you'll have easy access to sugary sands, as well as an expansive outdoor infinity pool. And if you're seeking an even more relaxed setting, you can indulge in a soothing treatment at the Hibiscus Spa. The Westin also features a casino and three on-site restaurants and a poolside cafe that serves lighter fare. However, some guests feel that this resort doesn't quite live up to the brand's standards; there are no major complaints, but travelers say that The Westin left more to be desired, like better menu options at the restaurants. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or use points here. Note: The resort was impacted by the 2017 hurricanes and is expected to reopen in 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions About St. Martin - St. Maarten Hotels
What are the best boutique hotels?
What are the best pool hotels?
What are the best family hotels?
What are the best beach hotels?
What are the best spa hotels?
What are the best hotels with free parking?
What are the best hotels for fitness?
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.