- View all PhotosFour Seasons Hotel Washington, DCWashington, DC1.7 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassThe Four Seasons' enviable location – perched on the edge of Rock Creek Park in D.C.'s chic Georgetown neighborhood – grants beautiful views of the park and easy access to some of the city's most popular attractions, including the Lincoln Memorial and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. But that's not all this elegant Four Seasons property has going for it. Recent guests compliment the hotel's contemporary accommodations, which come furnished with modern amenities like LCD flat-screen TVs and high-speed internet access. Travelers visiting with kids love that the hotel has Nintendo Wii game consoles available to borrow as well. Guests also exalt Bourbon Steak, the upscale in-house restaurant that regularly plays host to foodies, celebrities and politicos alike. Another crowd-pleaser: the luxurious on-site spa, which offers a versatile array of lavish massages and body treatments. All recent guests agreed that the personalized customer service was a large reason for return visits. Just try to leave your car at home, as this hotel has expensive parking fees.
- View all PhotosThe Hay-AdamsWashington, DC0.8 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
Named for the former tenants of the site – Secretary of State John Hay and journalist Henry Adams (who was also a member of the presidential Adams family) – The Hay-Adams is steeped in American history. Perched on the edge of Lafayette Square, The Hay-Adams boasts a spectacular vantage point of the White House and the National Mall. Here, guests are greeted by head-to-toe period decor; the lobby is decked out in rich wooden paneling and marble floors, while guest rooms feature neutral tones with elegant bedspreads. Long story short: If you're a history buff, The Hay-Adams is the place for you. That said, this property isn't completely stuck in the past. Accommodations also house Etro toiletries, complimentary Wi-Fi access, 50-inch flat-screen TVs and SoundLink music systems. Meanwhile, The Lafayette – the hotel's elegant dining room – garners high praise from recent guests for its impeccable service, tasty culinary offerings, and impressive views of the White House. What's more, Leaders Club members get perks like room upgrades and complimentary breakfast at this hotel.
- View all PhotosThe Jefferson, Washington, DCWashington, DC1.2 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
The Jefferson, Washington, DC has been catering to Washington's most elite visitors since 1923, providing a taste of European luxury in the heart of the United States capital. The Beaux-Arts era reigns supreme here, with early 20th century paintings and sculptures lining the checkered floors. The Jefferson's elegant accommodations are appointed with iPads, walk-in showers, flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi access. (For a little more space, upgrade to a suite, which will come equipped with a coffee maker and, in some, balconies overlooking the Washington Monument.) Recent guests highly recommend making good use of the intimate on-site spa during your stay, and the in-house gourmet restaurants, Plume and The Greenhouse, earn particularly high praise, along with the on-site bar, Quill. Visitors also give props for The Jefferson's location, which is just a short walk from the National Mall.
- View all PhotosThe Willard InterContinentalWashington, DC0.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassThe massive Willard sits at the heart of everything D.C.; the National Mall and all of the most recognizable monuments are within walking distance. And recent guests say The Willard InterContinental's interior is just as impressive as its surroundings, particularly the massive marble columns and intricate chandeliers in the lobby. Elegant decor extends to The Willard's accommodations, which feature eye-popping red accents, wood furnishings and luxurious amenities like flat-screen TVs, individual climate controls and fully stocked minibars. To ensure a restful night's sleep, request a room that looks west, facing the Washington Monument rather than 14th Street. And after a long day of sightseeing, you can relax at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa or grab a bite to eat at one of the on-site reastaurants. If you participate in InterContinental's Rewards Club, you can accrue or redeem free perks and discounts by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DCWashington, DC1.4 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassLike its sister property in Georgetown, this Ritz-Carlton offers no shortage of elegance. And with its enviable location, set in Northwest's Foggy Bottom area just a few blocks north of George Washington University, these stylish digs draw high-power politicos, celebrities and international guests alike. Apart from its star clientele, the Ritz boasts a wide array of amenities, including the acclaimed on-site restaurant, Westend Bistro, a vibrant hot spot known for its flavorful American fare. The Ritz also touts unique property features, such as a 10,000-square-foot ballroom and 16,000 square feet of meeting space. But what guests seem to love the most are the spacious rooms here, which all include large Italian marble bathrooms, sumptuous feather beds, 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens and sleek flat-screen TVs. Keep in mind that members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and use points by staying here.
- View all PhotosThe St. Regis Washington, D.C.Washington, DC0.9 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
St. Regis hotels are renowned for their luxurious accommodations, and the D.C. branch is no exception. Set in the heart of downtown – just a few blocks north of the White House – this luxury hotel receives high praise for its elegant decor and lavish furnishings. Recent guests also compliment the St. Regis' historical feel as well as its contemporary amenities, which include down feather comforters, complimentary Wi-Fi access and flat-screen TVs. But that's not the only reason to bed down here. Previous visitors gave rave reviews to the on-site restaurant, highlighting great customer service and delectable Mediterranean culinary creations as key ingredients that made the meals memorable. You'll also rest easy knowing that you can earn or redeem perks if you participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.Washington, DC1.8 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're looking for crème de la crème of D.C. digs, recent guests say you can't go wrong with this Ritz-Carlton. The first thing it gets right: its Georgetown location. The second: its decor. Red brick walls hug both the interior and exterior of this property, and cool tones throughout the hotel are reminiscent of the nearby waterfront. The calming color palette extends into the stylish accommodations, which are appointed with 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, flat-screen TVs, minibars and Wi-Fi access (for a fee). Craving more luxury? Retreat to the lavish spa to indulge in a rejuvenating massage. However, what really sets this Ritz apart – aside from its top-notch amenities – is its elegant, relaxed ambiance. Guests can't stop raving about the contemporary, airy design of The Living Room lobby lounge, which features an inviting, wood-burning fireplace. Visitors also exalt Degrees Bistro, the Ritz's intimate dining venue that specializes in gourmet American fare. Keep in mind that this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- View all PhotosPark Hyatt Washington D.C.Washington, DC1.5 miles to city center$20 Nightly Resort Fee5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class$20 Nightly Resort Fee
Boasting rich hardwood and stone floors with elegant furnishings, the Park Hyatt Washington D.C. is as visually stimulating as it is comfortable and convenient. Visitors rave about the spacious guest rooms, equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs and deep soaking tubs. Guests also applaud the mouthwatering culinary creations served at the Michelin-starred Blue Duck Tavern and the personal services offered in the private Spa. But what really wins visitors over is the Park Hyatt's top-notch customer service, especially at the friendly and attentive concierge desk. You'll find the property situated just a few blocks north of George Washington University in Northwest Washington, D.C. Because this property is part of the Hyatt family, frequent travelers participating in the World of Hyatt loyalty program may earn or receive special privileges by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosRosewood Washington, D.C.Washington, DC1.9 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
After closing for renovations in October 2018, the Rosewood Washington, D.C. reopened in spring 2019 to debut a new restaurant, CUT by Wolfgang Puck, and six neighboring townhouse accommodations that each boast roughly 1,000 square feet of space, among other updates. According to recent visitors, the new restaurant is delicious, with some travelers even describing it as the best meal of their trip. Others heaped praise on the rooftop bar, CUT Above, which offers views of Georgetown, the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, and the city skyline. You can also get an eyeful of the Georgetown scene from the hotel's rooftop infinity pool, which features a built-in fireplace. Though reviewers described the pool as small, they said it was a relaxing place to enjoy a cocktail. Other on-site amenities include a 24-hour fitness center, which is outfitted with a Peloton bike, among other equipment. For even more relaxation, guests can book an in-room spa service. Meanwhile, the hotel's 49 rooms and suites include hardwood floors, Illy espresso machines, Pratesi linens and 24-hour room service. Along with the prime address along Georgetown's C&O Canal, reviewers were most impressed with the five-star customer service.
- View all PhotosSofitel Washington DC Lafayette SquareWashington, DC0.8 miles to city center$28.7 Nightly Resort Fee5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class$28.7 Nightly Resort Fee
Sitting next to Lafayette Square in downtown D.C. – just minutes from the White House and the National Mall – the Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is an excellent choice for travelers looking to take full advantage of the city's sights. But this property also caters to the luxury set with its services and facilities, including its fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Accommodations come equipped with contemporary furnishings and high-end touches like marble bathrooms and glass-enclosed showers, not to mention HDTVs, stocked minibars and sumptuous linens. Lodgers were equally complimentary of the Opalie Bar & Brasserie for its gourmet French fare and attentive wait staff. Though some recent guests bemoan Sofitel's high price tags, most claim that the hotel gave them the best night's sleep they'd had in ages. (What's more, members of the AccorHotels loyalty program can earn points towards a free night's stay).
- View all PhotosFairmont Washington, D.C., GeorgetownWashington, DC1.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassDespite its seat in the bustling Foggy Bottom district near George Washingtion University, the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown manages to exude a botanical atmosphere best showcased on its leafy hotel patio. And the hotel's "natural" appearance extends to its guest rooms, which are appointed with rich neutral hues and amenities like Italian marble bathrooms, floor-to-ceiling windows and flat-screen TVs. But it's the hotel's location – central to Georgetown, the Lincoln Memorial and even the Kennedy Center – that earns praise from recent visitors. The Fairmont also receives high marks for its exceptional customer service, with visitors saying that everyone was more than friendly, from the hospitable hotel concierge to the attentive wait staff at Juniper Restaurant and The Colonnade. However, luxury does have its price. If you're visiting in the busy spring season, do yourself a favor: Save a little money, and book at least two months in advance. You can also earn extra perks (like complimentary amenities) if you become a member of the AccorHotel loyalty program.
- View all PhotosKimpton George HotelWashington, DC1.3 miles to city center$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee
The Kimpton George Hotel has modernity down pat, which becomes apparent when you take a stroll through the lobby amid bright colors and contemporary art. When dinnertime rolls around, head to the stylish in-house restaurant, Bistro Bis, which is popular with guests and locals alike for its French cuisine. Afterward, catch up on some much-needed relaxation inside your stylish accommodations, appointed with 48-inch flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms and organic honor bars. You can also arrange for in-room spa treatments or work up a sweat in the 24-hour fitness center. Although this Kimpton property will require a good chunk of your vacation budget (it charges a daily $20 "facilities fee"), members of the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program can save on fees for things like Wi-Fi access. You can find the Kimpton George Hotel near Union Station, just north of the U.S. Capitol.
- View all PhotosKimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DCWashington, DC1.6 miles to city center$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee
Recent guests of this Kimpton property compliment this hotel's style (a given, really) and its proximity to Dupont Circle's surplus of restaurants and bars. Each of the Hotel Palomar's stylish accommodations features bursts of bold color along with contemporary furnishings, as well as Samsung LCD TVs, Atelier bath amenities and 300 thread count Frette linens. When you're ready to step outside your digs, the contemporary lobby provides a perfect backdrop for the nightly wine reception. Plus, the outdoor heated pool and sundeck serve as equally alluring places for which to unwind in the warmer months. When your stomach starts to rumble, satiate your appetite at Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar, a trendy in-house hotspot that offers delectable Mediterranean fare. And if you participate in the IHG Rewards Club, you can earn or redeem perks by choosing to bed down here.
- View all PhotosThe Mayflower Hotel, Autograph CollectionWashington, DC1.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassLabeled as the "second-best address" in D.C. by President Harry Truman (only beaten by the White House), the Mayflower Hotel has been a lodging favorite since 1925. Sitting just a block from the Farragut North metro stop in the downtown area, the Mayflower – now part of the Autograph Collection – makes a convenient base for sightseers hoping to check out the attractions and museums of the National Mall. The Mayflower also wins guests' approval with its elegant feel: Guest rooms are spacious and well appointed with custom duvets, down feather pillows and satellite TVs. And though some recent guests do complain of late-night noise, most report a satisfactory stay thanks to the mouthwatering cuisine served at the EDGAR Bar & Kitchen. Plus, those participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program may earn or use points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosOmni Shoreham HotelWashington, DC2.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're planning a family getaway to the District, consider staying at the Omni Shoreham. Located in the Woodley Park neighborhood, which is home to the beloved (and free) National Zoo, this hotel is a great choice for families looking to take in the sights. Meanwhile, the Smithsonian Museums are only a short metro ride away. Younger guests will have a blast here, thanks to the Omni Kids Crew program, which offers child-friendly amenities like the seasonal outdoor heated pool and complimentary books and games. Plus, Robert's Restaurant appeals to the taste buds of all ages with modern fare and a customized children's menu. Recent guests also report a satisfactory stay at this Omni thanks to its spacious accommodations, appointed with flat-screen TVs and Wolfgang Puck in-room coffee. What's more, if you're a member of Omni's Select Guest loyalty program, you can earn or redeem complimentary perks by choosing to stay here.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.