- Read MoreMidtown Manhattan's golden Peninsula calls itself a "cocoon of peace and quiet" amid the fray on Fifth Avenue. And recent travelers agree, though they contend that it's an expensive cocoon. Highlights include free internet access, the rooftop terrace Salon de Ning (which offers stunning city views) and a highly acclaimed spa and health club. But that's not all this ultra-luxurious hotel has going for it. Previous visitors cited the top-notch service, spectacular vistas and enviable location (just steps away from Central Park and Rockefeller Center) as equally compelling reasons to return. Others described the property as elegant and serene, praising the hotel's calming color palette and extra touches found in each of the accommodations, such as stocked minibars, marble baths, cozy robes and slippers, and sleek flat-screen TVs. Recent visitors also raved about the delectable dishes and sophisticated atmosphere offered at the hotel's dining establishments, the Clement Restaurant and the Gotham Lounge.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreMany describe the Casablanca Hotel as a refuge from the City that Never Sleeps – even though it's located in the craziest part of it, Times Square. Although you might have to combat crowds to reach the front door, once inside, you can sip wine by the common area's fireplace in the winter or ascend to the rooftop for cocktails in the summer. And when your stomach starts to rumble, you'll have your pick of Italian fare served at Tony's di Napoli or lighter fare available at Rick's Café. Recent visitors also raved about the complimentary continental breakfast and nightly wine and cheese receptions. Though they do caution that the guest rooms lean toward the smaller side, they appreciated the en-suite amenities, which include complimentary Wi-Fi, bathrobes and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.Free Breakfast
- Read MoreAt first glance, you might miss the Hotel Elysée amid the graceful, towering buildings that surround it. But this 1920s-era boutique hotel done up in French-country design is not to be missed. For decades, this fashionable boutique has served as the place to see-and-be-seen, playing host to legendary artists, such as playwright Tennessee Williams and soprano Maria Callas. Many modern-day guests have positive things to say, too, highlighting the Elysée's convenient midtown location and its quaint atmosphere – from complimentary continental breakfast in the mornings to free wine and cheese in the afternoons. While there is no on-site fitness center, the hotel does provide complimentary passes to a nearby gym. Previous visitors also praise the elegant accommodations, which feature extra touches like Gilchrist & Soames bath products, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. Some recent visitors go as far as to say the hotel feels like a slice of Paris – without the jetlag. Another crowd-pleaser: the hotel's trendy Monkey Bar, as well as the sophisticated Club Room.Free Breakfast
- Read MoreThe pied-à-terre accommodations at this property are designed to feel like a home away from home tucked into the high energy of the Big Apple. At the midtown intersection of East 48th Street and Lexington Avenue, Hotel 48LEX sits close to New York City's biggest draws like Broadway and Times Square. But staying inside the property has its appeals too: the gym is open 24/7 and the hotel's lounge serves complimentary coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day. For something more substantial, try Lexington Brass restaurant's New American cuisine. Guests love the hotel's quieter, smaller feel (with only 116 rooms and no long hallways to wind through) and friendly, attentive staff – many guests note feeling special when greeted and escorted to their rooms by hotel employees. Once inside their accommodations, many lodgers were pleased to find spacious bathrooms, kitchenettes and windows that opened to let in the New York air. Keep in mind there is a daily hotel fee that includes Wi-Fi access, wine and cheese evening receptions, fitness center access, bottled water, business center access, an afternoon tea and more.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosVerona, NYTripAdvisor (449)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAccording to some recent guests, this resort-casino megaplex – run by the Oneida American Indian tribe – easily rivals some of the sprawling properties in Las Vegas. Rather than in Vegas, you'll find Turning Stone in Verona, New York, on Patrick Road, just off of State Route 365. The casino has plenty of gaming options (penny slots, blackjack and Texas Hold'em, to name a few), and there are even more amenities, such as a full-service spa and multiple dining venues, to keep you occupied. The Lodge offers suites, which come appointed with soaking tubs, glass-enclosed showers and floor-to-ceiling windows, to note a few amenities. But while most previous visitors report a satisfactory stay overall, some do lament that the prices of drinks and meals here are a bit hard to swallow.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreThis luxury hotel appeals to students and parents seeking a serene and homey place to hang their hat. Located in Ithaca, New York, on Cornell's campus, The Statler is run by the university's prestigious School of Hotel Administration and staffed almost entirely by students. But just because it's run by the university, doesn't mean you should expect lackluster service. Recent travelers report that the management students go above and beyond for their guests. Other visitors say the accommodations boast comfy bedding and the best eagle-eye views of campus. After exploring the area, previous patrons recommend recharging at one of the hotel's four casual dining establishments. There is also a golf course nearby and a fitness center on-site, though Ithaca's other downtown attractions are over 2 miles from this hotel.
- Read More
Perched in midtown Manhattan, this European-style boutique hotel provides guests with sweeping skyline views from its stylish Upstairs at the Kimberly rooftop bar. Apart from this super-swanky night spot, recent guests praise the on-site fitness center and complimentary access to any New York Health & Racquet Club. And as far as the rooms are concerned, previous visitors compliment the luxurious Frette linens, soft feather beds and flat-screen TVs. Previous visitors give a nod of approval to the hotel's modern decor and close proximity to New York's iconic top attractions and vibrant neighborhoods, but say the top-notch service is the real highlight.
- View all PhotosPittsford, NYTripAdvisor (349)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAlthough a few recent visitors caution that a stay here can leave a major dent in your wallet, most say this hotel is worth the splurge. Previous guests particularly highlight The Del Monte's charming, elegant ambiance as well as its top-notch customer service, from the friendly cleaning crew to the attentive wait staff. Travelers also appreciate the simplistic yet classic decor of the accommodations as well as the versatile in-suite amenities, including custom-made duvets, cozy feather pillows and coffee and tea makers. Plus, those participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program may use or accumulate points by choosing to stay here. Among the various property features, previous visitors call out the spa services and the Erie Grill (especially the breakfast) as particularly memorable. And visitors love The Del Monte's locale, too: It's about 10 miles east of the Greater Rochester International Airport in Pittsford, New York, and there are a handful of restaurants within walking distance.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read More
A European-style boutique hotel located right near the Empire State Building, the Avalon provides guests with spacious accommodations in an enviable Midtown Manhattan location. Previous visitors say the guest rooms are large, by New York City standards. Accommodations come equipped with luxurious touches, such as iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, Egyptian cotton linens and free Wi-Fi access. Recent visitors say the guest rooms are also quiet, keeping out the noise of the Big Apple's bustling city streets. Guests were also pleased with the room rates, which they said were lower than larger brand hotels in the area. Many recent guests said the superb location, welcoming staff and comfortable rooms are worth the high cost. The Avalon also boasts a library and plenty of meeting rooms catering to the needs of business travelers.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreWith just 67 rooms and suites (and only two to four rooms on each floor), the sleek Gotham Hotel offers a modern, stylish setting for resting your head in midtown Manhattan. Each room boasts lofted ceilings, private terraces, C.O. Bigelow toiletries and large windows to let in natural light. Plus, the hotel tailors specialty minibars for its guests: For example, if you're a woman traveling alone, you'll find a manicure and pedicure kit in your room. While you won't find all of the amenities of some larger hotels (there's no pool or fitness center), you will find the steak and seafood options of Wolfgang's Steakhouse. Overall, recent guests love The Gotham's spacious rooms and ample facilities, but have mixed opinions on the customer service: Some visitors found the hotel staff to be a bit disengaged, while others said they received warm and friendly greetings from the front desk staff. But with a prime location on East 46th Street between Fifth and Madison avenues, just steps from Grand Central Terminal, the hotel offers added value to its lodgers.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreLocated in Manhattan's trendy Meatpacking District, the Soho House New York is both a private members club and a hotel. On the grounds of the property, you'll find the Cowshed Spa, a restaurant and even a 44-seat "screening room" available for rent. Hotel guests can enjoy one of 30 rooms and the rooftop's lounge and heated pool, though many say the pool area gets packed when the weather's nice. Rooms feature rainfall shower heads, Cowshed bath products and modern-yet-minimalist decor. But despite the exclusive feel here, some guests call to attention the Soho House New York's noise and popularity.4.0-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosNew York, NY0.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (10225)Read MoreSandwiched between Central Park and Times Square, this stylish Sheraton outpost serves as a convenient home base for sightseers looking to stay within walking distance of iconic city attractions. And thanks to a $160 million renovation in 2012, the hotel's fashionable accommodations now feature updated signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, Starbucks in-room coffee, plush feather pillows and in-room entertainment systems. And thanks to Sheraton's Marriott connection, Marriott Bonvoy members are eligible to receive extra perks, such as free nights, by choosing to stay here. Never straying far from their digs, first-timers visiting the Big Apple recommend checking out Hudson Market for tasty American fare.4.0-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (8055)Read MoreWith its spectacular views overlooking Central Park, Park Lane Hotel - A Central Park Hotel dazzles visitors with its superb location and sophisticated ambiance. But that's not all recent guests are raving about. Most previous visitors cited the sumptuous accommodations, appointed with pillow-top mattresses, work desks, sleek flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi access (which is covered by the property's daily $35.93 facilities fee) as a major draw of bedding down here. Plus, recent travelers highly praise the property's ample amenities, including its fitness center, business center and two sit-down eateries (The Park Room Restaurant and Harry's New York Bar & Grill). Although most past visitors expressed delight with their experience, a few bemoaned the lackluster customer service and outdated room furnishings. Still, previous guests cited the hotel's prime address as a compelling reason to return.4.0-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreLocated about 15 miles south of Rochester in Fairport, New York, the Woodcliff Hotel & Spa is a well-rounded property. The Spa Elan and the Horizons Restaurant are big hits with travelers and locals alike, while the hilly nine-hole golf course is a fun challenge for linksmen. The hotel is also home to an indoor/outdoor heated pool surrounded by lounge chairs, and a hot tub. Accommodations come equipped with free Wi-Fi access, spacious work desks, glass-enclosed showers and minifridges. Visitors were also pleased with the room rates. When it came to service, however, travelers offer mixed reviews. Some said the staff members were friendly and helpful while others experienced booking issues and employees they said were rude.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosBrooklyn, NY6.8 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (340)Free WiFiRead MoreLocated just a few blocks from Sunset Park and a mile from Bush Terminal Piers Park along the Bay Ridge Channel, this Wyndham is situated within Brooklyn's Sunset Park neighborhood. It is within walking distance of numerous restaurants, shops and several bus and subway stations, allowing visitors to travel throughout the borough and into Manhattan. The hotel's 70 guest rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, microwaves, white leather headboards and ergonomic workstations. Recent guests were complimentary of the on-site breakfast and the clean and modern accommodations, but many said the location was a little seedy. Keep in mind, members of the Wyndham Rewards program can accrue or use points by choosing to stay here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreParamount Hotel oozes trendiness, from its sophisticated lobby to its refined Paramount Bar & Grill to its stylish accommodations to its popular Diamond Horseshoe nightclub with a storied past. Set in the Theater and Times Square districts, Paramount Hotel puts guests within easy reach of top city attractions, including Central Park and Madison Square Garden. Each of the hotel's ultra-chic rooms comes furnished with flat-screen TVs, pillow-top mattresses and iPod docking stations. However, some guests complain the rooms are quite tiny, even by New York City standards.4.0-star Hotel Class
- Read More
This luxury boutique hotel earned high praise from recent guests for its enviable location and retro decor. Located in New York's Times Square, Night provides guests with easy access to beloved city attractions. After a long day of Central Park-strolling and theater-going, you can wind down in the hotel's Gotham-style accommodations, complete with feather duvets, Bose sound systems, iPod docking stations and Wi-Fi access. And when night time rolls around, you can savor mouthwatering cocktails while munching on tantalizing American fare at the hotel's popular Maple Restaurant & Lounge.4.0-star Hotel Class
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.