Protect Your Trip »
Protect Your Trip » Search, compare and buy the best travel insurance for the lowest price
- View all PhotosThe BenjaminNew York, NY0.9 miles to city center$39 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$39 Nightly Resort FeeLove the Roaring '20s? Then Midtown East's The Benjamin is the perfect hotel for you. Upon walking through the elegant marble-decked lobby, you'll be transported to another era. But don't worry: Despite its retro decor, you'll find plenty of modern amenities here. For example, The Benjamin offers guests a pillow menu with 10 choices on it, a spa, a fitness center and a bistro restaurant named The National. Though some recent guests lamented that the accommodations lean toward the smaller side (starting at around 250 square feet), most applaud the hotel's prime location, impeccable service and luxurious extras, including Egyptian cotton linens, minifridges and HD flat-screen TVs. Keep in mind that you'll be charged a daily facilities fee that covers Wi-Fi access, a guaranteed late checkout of 2 p.m. and access to the fitness center, among other extras.
- View all PhotosThe James New York - NoMadNew York City, NY0.4 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
The James New York - NoMad receives mixed reviews from previous travelers. Many warn that the hotel and nearby buildings are still under construction; that was a noisy inconvenience for some, while others said it didn't bother them. Because of the construction, on-site amenities like the fitness center and restaurant are not open yet. What this hotel does have going for it, though, is an excellent Midtown Manhattan location. Guests staying here can easily walk to top attractions like the Empire State Building and Bryant Park, or hop on the subway to see other popular New York City sights. Rooms include complimentary Wi-Fi access, ample outlets and USB ports, Bluetooth speakers and pantries with drinks and snacks. Travelers liked the gray color palette and intriguing artwork, however, many warn that the standard rooms and bathrooms are small. On the other hand, the staff members receive positive reviews for their welcoming demeanors and helpfulness. Overall, visitors say this hotel has promise but definitely needs more time to work out the kinks and complete renovations before it can provide the standard of hospitality expected of a four-star hotel.
- View all PhotosShelburne NYC, An Affinia HotelNew York, NY0.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassRecent guests praised this Murray Hill hotel for its convenient location, just steps away from midtown's best-loved sites. And visitors agree, if you're looking for an affordable place to rest your hat that's removed from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, you can't go wrong with the Shelburne NYC. All of this property's accommodations boast desirable amenities, such as flat-screen LCD TVs, luxurious Comfort Zone bath products and complimentary Wi-Fi. And that's not all this property has going for it. Previous visitors praised the mouthwatering dishes served at Rare Bar & Grille and seasonal Rare View rooftop lounge as well as the knowledgeable hotel concierge.
- View all PhotosStewart HotelNew York, NY0.3 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Despite the Manhattan NYC's convenient Seventh Avenue location in Chelsea, many recent guests of the Madison Square Garden-adjacent hotel find the accommodations and overall experience just mediocre. Many lodgers say that the rooms are not well-lit and don't protect light sleepers from the din of passing concertgoers and sports fans. If you can handle the noise level, you'll find the 614 guest rooms and suites complete with flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and a Dream Pillow Menu. And if you have a furry friend in tow, your pet will be welcomed ($50 surcharge applies) or even pampered with toys, treats and pet beds. Human treats can be found at Niles Restaurant & Bar, which serves up continental cuisine like portobello mushroom risotto and pretzel-crusted chicken.
- View all PhotosFifty Hotel & Suites by AffiniaNew York, NY0.9 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassBesides its superb Midtown Manhattan locale, pillow menu and reasonable rates, many recent guests cite Fifty NYC's close proximity to one of the most popular bagel shops in New York, Ess-a-Bagel, as a top reason to return. Plus, the hotel's accommodations, though decorated simplistically with neutral tones, come furnished with a few touches like flat-screen TVs with web browsers, minifridges and coffee makers. But what makes this hotel so impressive, according to recent guests, is the outstanding staff members who go above and beyond to ensure visitors are comfortable. Plus, not only are you ideally positioned near a wide array of acclaimed dining institutions, but should you wish to stay inside your cozy digs, you may order room service, which has everything from burgers to salads.
- View all PhotosGardens NYC, An Affinia HotelNew York, NY1.6 miles to city center3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Gardens NYC, An Affinia Hotel is a 3.5 star hotel located at 215 E 64th St in New York City. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 2294 reviews.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.