- View all PhotosPaynes BayTripAdvisor (706)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreUpon arriving at The House, you'll be greeted with a complimentary jet lag healing massage, afternoon tea and evening canapes. And the pampering at this adults-only Paynes Bay, Barbados, resort doesn't stop there: Rooms and suites offer feather-topped beds, complimentary Wi-Fi access, espresso machines, 24-hour butler service and private patios or balconies. When you're craving some fun in the sun, unwind by the oceanfront pool or at the resort's beach. The House offers complimentary water sports equipment, including paddleboards, snorkel gear, kayaks and Hobie Cat sailboats. Plus, you'll enjoy free water taxi transportation to beaches flanked by other Elegant Hotels. This means guests at The House can also indulge in spa treatments at the Tamarind by Elegant Hotels or eat at other Elegant property restaurants. However, most guests recommend dining at The House for the complimentary Champagne breakfast and Italian dishes at Daphne's, although a few caution that service at the restaurant can be slow at times.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSt. JamesTripAdvisor (821)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreTouting 96 guest rooms and suites – each with a flat-screen TV, complimentary Wi-Fi access, an espresso machine and a private patio or balcony – the Colony Club in Holetown, Barbados, prides itself on its family-friendly atmosphere. Kids can attend the resort's Aqua School to learn how to snorkel or windsurf, or the whole family can embark on an island excursion and swim with local turtles (a must-do, according to recent guests). Children of all ages can also enjoy seasonal kids activities and are welcome at the two on-site, open-air restaurants, which boast kid-friendly menus. If you don't have youngsters in tow, Colony Club offers an array of adult-focused amenities, including yoga and Pilates classes, couples massages and private dining, including inside the guest-approved Rum Vault, where you'll have your pick of 150-plus kinds of rum. You can also explore the restaurants or beachfront activities available at other west coast Elegant Hotels properties by hopping on one of Colony Club's free water taxis. Overall, recent visitors loved staying here, although a few said the property's facilities did not warrant the high room rates.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosDerricksTripAdvisor (2046)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSet on a white sand beach about 3 miles south of Holetown, Barbados, Crystal Cove is all-inclusive in both its amenities and atmosphere. Catering to travelers of all ages, Crystal Cove entertains youngsters at the Flying Fish Kids Club, while candlelit dinners and side-by-side spa treatments appeal to couples. Crystal Cove offers plenty of aquatic activities, including complimentary water sports, organized beach games and off-site excursions (at an additional cost). After you've worked up an appetite, head to one of Crystal Cove's two sit-down eateries: casual Drifters Beach Bar and Restaurant and upscale Reflections. Previous visitors praised both dining establishments for their delicious food, though some lament the occasionally slow service. When it's time to bed down, retire to your room or suite. Each accommodation features a private patio or balcony, free Wi-Fi access, a minifridge and Caribbean-inspired decor (which recent guests said is a little dated).
- View all PhotosSt. JamesTripAdvisor (1293)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreTamarind offers tailored experiences to a range of travelers. Kids can participate in educational activities through the Flying Fish Kids Club or join their parents on the family-sized daybeds surrounding the three pools. Meanwhile, lovebirds can indulge in a sunset cruise for two or a couples spa treatment. Tamarind also boasts Caribbean-inspired rooms and suites with oversized balconies or patios, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and free Wi-Fi access. Another bonus: Because Tamarind sits on a 750-foot strip of Paynes Bay Beach (on Barbados' western coast), guests have access to plenty of complimentary shoreline activities, including snorkeling, water skiing and paddleboarding. When it's time to eat, travelers can indulge in a beachfront feast at one of the three on-site restaurants. Though recent visitors praised the family-friendly dining atmosphere, many said the dishes were subpar at best. For a change of scenery, hop on a free water taxi and try the cuisine at the other Elegant Hotels properties throughout Barbados.
- View all PhotosChrist ChurchTripAdvisor (2961)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe all-inclusive Turtle Beach sits on a 1,500-foot stretch of sand between Dover Beach and Maxwell Beach on Barbados' southern coast. Guests rave about Turtle Beach's location, as well as its family-friendly atmosphere. Spacious suites give groups lots of room to spread out, while outdoor activities (think: water sports and tennis) and the traveler-approved Flying Fish Kids Club provide youngsters with plenty of free entertainment. Guests traveling sans children can participate in Calypso dance lessons, indulge in a couples massage or arrange for private dining. Those still itching for something to do can pick from a wide range of complimentary off-site activities, including a round of golf at the Barbados Golf Club, shopping excursions and guided walks to nature sanctuaries. Prefer to stay on Turtle Beach's grounds? You'll have your pick of two freshwater pools and two tennis courts. After you've worked up an appetite, grab a bite to eat at one of the three on-site restaurants. And when it's time to bed down, retreat to your suite, which comes equipped with a private balcony or patio, a minifridge, free Wi-Fi access and a flat-screen TV. Although travelers praise the clean and comfortable digs, many say the decor is dated.
- View all PhotosSt. JamesTripAdvisor (505)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe old adage "don't judge a book by its cover" rings true at Waves Hotel & Spa: Despite the all-inclusive hotel's roadside location and small size, recent guests were more than impressed with its decor and amenities. Rooms feature South Beach-inspired furnishings and fixtures, plus perks like flat-screen TVs, Bluetooth speakers, minifridges, free Wi-Fi access and yoga mats. And because this Elegant Hotels outpost sits on Barbados' western coast in St. James, travelers are never far from a palm-fringed beach. If you're more interested in a sand-free swim, visitors recommend stealing away to one of two pools, including an adults-only, free-form spa pool. Finish off your day with a treatment at the spa and a meal at one of Waves' two restaurants. Although some previous visitors said Seascape's buffet-style dishes were a bit underwhelming, others praised the property's cuisine, especially at Asian-inspired Shiso.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreTo get a taste of residential Caribbean living in Rodney Bay, consider a stay at The Landings Resort & Spa. Recent guests said the fully equipped villa suites at this St. Lucia resort felt more like apartments than hotel rooms. Each one-, two- or three-bedroom accommodation boasts a kitchen, a spacious living room and, in some suites, a private plunge pool overlooking the sea. If you're not privy to your own pool, retreat to the 800-foot-long beach to lounge on the sand or enjoy some of the resort's water sports, such as snorkeling, paddleboarding and kayaking. Or, soak up some sun at the main pool. Water sports equipment rentals and pool and beach butler service are complimentary for guests who opt for the all-inclusive package. Pamper yourself with a treatment at the 7,000-square-foot spa or indulge in a meal at one of the property's three guest-approved restaurants. Past patrons said the sophisticated menu and upscale atmosphere at The Palms are ideal for a special occasion dinner, while the Beach Club is more casual but equally delicious.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MorePerhaps Treasure Beach's biggest draw is its position on Paynes Bay Beach in Holders Hill, Barbados. This adults-only Elegant Hotels outpost provides guests with a variety of complimentary water sports and free land-based activities, including morning beach walks and food-styling workshops. If you're more interested in relaxing, head to the on-site pool and order drinks and snacks via the pool ambassadors. But the oceanfront setting isn't the only thing travelers applaud. Visitors also praise the suites, which were renovated in 2017 and boast private balconies or patios, free Wi-Fi access, two flat-screen TVs and stocked minibars. (Some of the deluxe suites also include a private plunge pool.) Along with revamped rooms, Treasure Beach features stellar culinary service. The property's eatery, Tapestry Restaurant, serves globally inspired, buffet-style dishes for breakfast, as well as seasonally influenced a la carte items for lunch and dinner. All room rates cover daily breakfast and a chef's dinner, which is hosted inside the resort's wine cellar. Though recent visitors praised the on-site cuisine, they warned that a stay here is expensive.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.