- Read More"Fabulous," "classy" and "amazing" are just some of the words guests use to describe the Mr. C Beverly Hills, a boutique hotel located in one of L.A.'s trendiest neighborhoods. Those who stay here will find their rooms outfitted in cream and red decor, handcrafted Italian furniture, flat-screen TVs and Carrera marble bathrooms, as well as furnished balconies that provide great views of the City of Angels. However, some visitors note that even Mr. C's pillow-top mattresses and Casa Rovea linens don't ensure a good night's sleep – many guests cite late-night noise as their main qualm. Should you need a little extra refreshment, stake out a lounge chair by the pool. The Restaurant at Mr. C satisfies cravings for classic Italian fare with a menu stocked with pizza and pasta; book a table for Sunday brunch to enjoy live jazz alongside your mimosa. But be prepared to watch your bank account take a hit: Visitors say that a stay here cost them a pretty penny. Plus, the hotel charges an additional $24.95 daily resort fee. But Leaders Club members you're in luck – as part of the Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and complimentary upgrades.Free WiFi
- Read MoreAccording to recent guests, Casa del Mar meshes a little art deco flair with Mediterranean styling – a mélange that has a beautiful effect. And compared to its sister property, the Cape Cod-esque Shutters on the Beach, this hotel affords a more upscale aesthetic. Count the Italian marble featured in the lobby and guest room bathrooms as proof. And the cool blue decor, intricately carved furniture, in-suite iPads and complimentary in-room movies only add to the experience. One of the southernmost hotels along Santa Monica's pricey beachfront strip, the Casa del Mar has 129 rooms and suites to choose from, as well as the tasty restaurant, Catch, and the gorgeous Sea Wellness Spa.5.0-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreIn Santa Monica, proximity to the beach and pier translates to more expensive lodging. So know that you'll pay a pretty penny to enjoy a stay at Shutters on the Beach. But you'll be rewarded with a shabby-chic, oh-so-irresistible hotel that travel experts fawn over and guests can't stop gushing about. Guest rooms here are reminiscent of those found in a beachside bed-and-breakfast, though they come stocked with flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms and balconies overlooking Santa Monica. The lovely views are the big plus, but people also like this hotel's friendly staff and the fare served at the property's three restaurants. When you're not relaxing on the sand, indulge in a treatment at ONE the spa or borrow one of the hotel's bikes to ride the nearby bike paths. You can find this sprawling, Cape Cod-style hotel just west of the pier and directly on the Santa Monica waterfront.
- Read MoreJust off the Pacific Coast Highway in ritzy Malibu, California, the Malibu Beach Inn specializes in relaxation. The property's 47 guest rooms are feature soothing neutral tones, wenge wood furnishings, balconies or terraces, and natural tile in the bathrooms. Each accommodation also features Nespresso coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, in-room entertainment systems and complimentary Wi-Fi access. When staying at the Malibu Beach Inn, guests have access to a private beach, as well as spa services and upscale coastal cuisine at the Carbon Beach Club (think whole branzino and filet mignon). Previous visitors described the property as beautiful and praise the on-site amenities, though some report a few customer service snafus.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPalm Springs, CA1.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (266)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe adults-only L'Horizon Resort & Spa is home to 25 bungalows spread throughout the 3-acre property. Each bungalow is equipped with an outdoor patio, Le Labo toiletries, spacious marble bathrooms, HD smart TVs and Nespresso coffee machines. Some of the more luxe bungalows overlook private pools and secluded yards. In addition to the spacious rooms, the resort offers a spa, a restaurant, multiple pools and ample outdoor activities and amenities, including morning yoga, guided hikes and complimentary bike rentals to explore the surrounding Palm Springs area. Guests have plenty of praise for this boutique resort: They say that the grounds are beautiful, that the cuisine served at the SO•PA restaurant is delectable and that the staff members are smiling and attentive. Part of The Leading Hotels of the World brand, the hotel participates in the Leaders Club loyalty program.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPalm Springs, CA3.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1730)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreRetro, hip, luxurious – the list of adjectives that recent guests attach to this hotel is long and overwhelmingly positive. From the exterior, the property looks like a classic Palm Springs resort, but inside, guests find themselves among chic furnishings, modern artwork and stylish facilities. Guest room decor features white and beige hues with colorful accent chairs and pillows. Rooms and suites offer LCD flat-screen TVs and minibars. Additional amenities include the Palm Springs Yacht Club spa, three pools, two tennis courts, a lemonade stand and four eateries, which all earn guests' praise. However, travelers warn that the room bills at this Leading Hotels of the World property are steep, especially when considering the added resort fee. But remember: Leaders Club members receive perks when staying here. Just a few miles from Palm Springs International Airport and downtown Palm Springs, this hotel's location is ideal.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreLocated in the heart of Palo Alto, California, Nobu Hotel Epiphany Palo Alto is an 83-room boutique hotel. The property's downtown Palo Alto location is highly walkable, and guests of the hotel are within easy reach of the nearby Stanford University campus and many restaurants and businesses. For those looking to stay on-site for meals, the hotel's ground-floor restaurant, Nobu Palo Alto, serves locally influenced dishes and Japanese-inspired fare concocted by acclaimed chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Considering the hotel has a dedicated technology concierge who can answer tech-related questions and connect guests with local tech companies, it's safe to say that this Leading Hotels of the World outpost – which participates in the brand's Leaders Club loyalty program – is geared toward the tech crowd. Guests compliment the property's friendly staff and stylish, modern design found inside its facilities and rooms. All accommodations are outfitted with private balconies or terraces, flat-screen TVs, minibars, Illy espresso machines and beds appointed with pillow-top mattresses. Rooftop suites offer views of the city and the surrounding Santa Cruz Mountains.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read More
This artsy hotel located in downtown Los Angeles is fresh off a two-year renovation, which used its original 1926 Spanish colonial decor as inspiration. Fun touches like locally sourced art in the accommodations, rotating art exhibitions, a coffin-shaped outdoor pool and Spanish-inspired details throughout the property make Hotel Figueroa's personality shine. The 268 rooms and suites feature unique layouts, decorative tiles, hardwood floors, 48-inch smart TVs, free Wi-Fi access and minibars stocked with complimentary water and snacks (a traveler favorite). Meanwhile, suites are equipped with additional sitting areas, espresso makers and iPads for guest use. If you're looking to work up a sweat, you can head to the 24-hour fitness center. When you get hungry, try one of the on-site eateries, both of which serve Mediterranean fare. Three bars are available as well for those looking to linger over libations. While this hotel is convenient for those attending an event at the STAPLES Center or the Los Angeles Convention Center, it is a bit removed from the city's top sightseeing spots. Some visitors also warn that parking here is expensive at nearly $50 a night. Hotel Figueroa is part of The Leading Hotels of the World brand, meaning Leaders Club members can enjoy special perks like upgrades and daily breakfast here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosMontecito, CA4.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (482)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAt a place where dogs receive in-room massages, you know their owners will be equally pampered and doted upon. According to travelers, such is the case at San Ysidro Ranch. Several different types of accommodations are available, the most prestigious being the Warner Cottage and the Kennedy Cottage (JFK and Jackie's 1953 honeymoon digs). Even if you're not laid up in those ultra-luxe digs, recent visitors say you'll still be more than comfortable. Guest cottages offer a sense of seclusion and a cozy atmosphere with four-poster beds, Persian rugs and stone fireplaces. Along with its intimate setting, the hotel hosts two restaurants. The Stonehouse serves up flavorful regional cuisine and Plow & Angel dishes up hearty plates of comfort food (the restaurant is famous for its mac and cheese). San Ysidro Ranch is in the Montecito foothills of California, about 5 miles northeast of downtown Santa Barbara.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.