- Read MoreThis spa resort doesn't take any of its five stars for granted, particularly when it comes to delivering first-rate customer service. Guests can't help but keep the compliments coming: Travelers say the resort staff takes extra care to personalize each experience. However, one problem you might face is exclusivity. The Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach only has 98 guest rooms and suites, so be sure to book early for an upcoming trip to Sunny Isles Beach. The rooms come with flat-screen TVs and private balconies, as well as double sinks and glass-enclosed showers. Meanwhile, the property also features three in-house eateries, four pools, a spa and beach amenities. What's more, the hotel is part of The Leading Hotels of the World, meaning Leaders Club members have access to perks here. You'll find the Acqualina Resort & Spa in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, about 10 miles north of Miami Beach.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreNamed for the former tenants of the site – Secretary of State John Hay and journalist Henry Adams (who was also a member of the presidential Adams family) – The Hay-Adams is steeped in American history. Perched on the edge of Lafayette Square, The Hay-Adams boasts a spectacular vantage point of the White House and the National Mall. Here, guests are greeted by head-to-toe period decor; the lobby is decked out in rich wooden paneling and marble floors, while guest rooms feature neutral tones with elegant bedspreads. Long story short: If you're a history buff, The Hay-Adams is the place for you. That said, this property isn't completely stuck in the past. Accommodations also house Etro toiletries, complimentary Wi-Fi access, 50-inch flat-screen TVs and SoundLink music systems. Meanwhile, The Lafayette – the hotel's elegant dining room – garners high praise from recent guests for its impeccable service, tasty culinary offerings, and impressive views of the White House. What's more, Leaders Club members get perks like room upgrades and complimentary breakfast at this hotel.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreHalekulani remains a traveler favorite for its über-luxurious accommodations and breathtaking views of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. Rooms come decorated in Halekulani's signature "seven shades of white" and feature complimentary internet access, flat-panel TVs and welcome fruit and chocolate. Recent guests highly recommend requesting a room that looks out over the shore; the ocean vistas compliment the creamy room decor. Recent visitors also laud the helpful service staff, attesting that employees here went above and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay. While you're here, make some time for the SpaHalekulani, which offers a long list of relaxing treatments inspired by Polynesian therapeutic rituals. Halekulani also houses three restaurants, and two bars, including the Lewers Lounge, which hosts nightly jazz performances. And Leaders Club members you're in luck – as part of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and upgrades.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (382)Free WiFiRead MorePerched on the Upper East Side just a couple of blocks from Fifth Avenue's sleek storefronts, The Lowell Hotel New York provides travelers with easy access to iconic city attractions and venerable department stores. But that's not the only reason recent guests adore this stylish boutique. The Lowell exudes a serene, elegant ambiance, further enhanced by its calming gold, cream and white color scheme. By New York standards, The Lowell is small (74 rooms and suites); however, many previous travelers call the hotel's quiet, cozy atmosphere the perfect retreat from the buzzing city blocks. Accommodations come appointed with luxurious extras, such as down comforters, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access – all major perks, according to previous visitors. The refreshing afternoon teatime, complete with Devonshire cream-topped scones and finger sandwiches, takes place in the second-floor Pembroke Room and also earns a nod of approval from recent guests. Keep in mind, Leaders Club members can earn or redeem perks here.
- Read MoreRecent lodgers said their stays at the Faena Hotel Miami Beach were next to perfect. Past guests gushed about the staff's attention to detail and genuine friendliness. Accommodations received tons of praise as well, and were described by reviewers as spacious (the smallest rooms measure 464 square feet), well-appointed and downright chic. Rooms are decorated in a modern, South American style and come outfitted with sleek wooden furnishings and colorful accents. Other amenities include flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and marble bathrooms with walk-in showers. Some standard rooms are also equipped with furnished balconies, and most rooms offer ocean views. What's more, you'll have access to a Faena Butler to arrange any request. Dining here is also a big attraction. Travelers say you can't leave without grabbing a bite at Pao by Paul Qui (just make sure to reserve a table in advance). The hotel's other dining venues include Los Fuegos by Francis Mallmann, which specializes in South American grilling, and the Veranda, which serves breakfast. There are also an outdoor bar, a lobby lounge and a bar with live DJs. Additionally, the Faena boasts an Old Hollywood-style theater that hosts cabaret shows, as well as the Tierra Santa Healing House spa. You can find this highly acclaimed hotel in the heart of Miami Beach, Florida. But be forewarned: Guests say a stay here is pricey. However, this property's affiliation with The Leading Hotels of the World means Leaders Club members can enjoy perks like welcome gifts and free upgrades.
- Read MoreThe Setai, Miami Beach blatantly spurns Miami Beach, Florida's neon reputation in favor of a classier ambiance, and recent guests appreciate it. Rather than funky decor and bright colors, the art deco-era property is filled with classy Asian-inspired design elements. Meanwhile, suites feature a muted beige and brown color palette and are outfitted with amenities like Frette linens, flat-screen LED TVs and rainfall showers. Although The Setai's environment may induce relaxation on the spot, previous guests highly recommend a visit to the in-house spa, which offers a wide array of massages and skin treatments and houses a private bath, a steam room and a fitness center. You'll also have access to not one, but three on-site infinity pools, as well as gourmet Mediterranean, American or Asian cuisine at The Setai's three restaurants. However, the property's family-friendly amenities are limited. Don't plan on spending all your time at the hotel: Travelers praise The Setai's prime location near South Beach and the The Bass. And Leaders Club members are in luck – as part of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and upgrades.
- Read MoreThe Kahala Hotel & Resort — located about 3 miles southwest of Diamond Head on the coast of the Kahala neighborhood — has played host to a long list of ritzy clients. Even lovebirds Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton came to stay at this Honolulu landmark after their marriage. So naturally, the rooms are fairly posh, featuring private balconies with views of the ocean and or nearby mountains. While you're here, take a break from the Honolulu hustle and bustle with a massage at The Kahala Spa, or simply kick back and relax in one of the cozy lounge chairs that line the pool. The hotel also boasts a pristine stretch of white sand beach, so you won't have to worry about fighting crowds for a spot on the shore. While you're here, recent visitors highly recommend taking advantage of Dolphin Quest: The Kahala grounds feature a lagoon where guests can swim with bottlenose dolphins. Afterward, enjoy a gourmet meal at one of the hotel's multiple restaurants. The only drawback: Some guests were frustrated by the high price for parking. But, not having a resort fee makes up for most incurred costs. Keep in mind that as a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property participates in the Leaders Club rewards program.
- View all PhotosHouston, TX4.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1045)Free WiFiRead MoreInspired by Old World Italy, the Hotel Granduca treats Houston visitors to a taste of Europe. From the gourmet cuisine at Ristorante Cavour to afternoon tea, this property knows how to help guests slow down and unwind. You can pick from a number of room types, the most luxurious being the Residenza Imperatore, which has its own separate entrance and 2,100 square feet of space. No matter which room you choose, you'll enjoy plush beds with Italian linens surrounded by antique furnishings and artwork. Most guests say the customer service is excellent, too (perhaps reminiscent of the famous Italian hospitality). Visitors enjoy spending time by the pool and in Bar Malatesta, where drinks are often accompanied by live music. To top it all off, Hotel Granduca gladly welcomes pets, pampering them with treats and special pillows. What's more, Leaders Club members get perks like room upgrades and complimentary breakfast at this hotel.
- View all PhotosVail, CO0.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1279)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreTowering over central Vail, this chalet-style resort doesn't skimp on coziness. With sweeping vistas of either the Vail Village or Gore Creek, each guest room features Rocky Mountain touches like custom-made Bavarian furniture, gas fireplaces and heated floors. The traditional lodge design carries over into the resort's four dining areas, each boasting wood furnishings and a rustic ambiance. Sonnenalp caters primarily to skiers, and visitors found both the resort's location and the ski concierge service to be extremely convenient. Even if you don't plan on tackling the slopes, you shouldn't rule out this resort; Sonnenalp offers a variety of ways to stay active that don't involve snow. The championship Sonnenalp Golf Club, for example, features 7,100 yards of rolling fairways and pesky sand traps. Meanwhile, the outdoor pool and cozy Sonnenalp Spa both provide a fantastic setting for rest and relaxation. Yet despite all its offerings, guests point to the hotel staff as the main reason to book here. Recent visitors say they were made to feel special by the hotel employees and were even greeted by name upon re-entering the premises. What's more, Leaders Club members get perks like room upgrades and complimentary breakfasts at this hotel. One drawback: this resort is expensive, and daily resort and parking fees will cost you more than you may expect.Free BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreOwning the best address in the city, The Rittenhouse hotel has long been the standard against which to measure Philadelphia's other luxury hotels. Recent guests marvel at the grandeur of the property, from the wood-paneled lobby to the guest room windows overlooking Rittenhouse Square. On the premises, you'll find The Rittenhouse Spa & Club and several varied restaurants and/or bars to complete the opulent property. And then there are the stylish accommodations: Rooms are traditionally styled with duvets, complimentary Wi-Fi access and marble bathrooms with oversized tubs. The property also houses several dining options, including the award-winning Lacroix. But what recent guests say made their stay truly memorable is the impeccable service. Guests strongly emphasize that the gracious staff and old-fashioned elegance of the property rarely disappoint. And Leaders Club members are in luck – as part of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and upgrades.
- Read MoreThis ultra-trendy Tribeca hotel is often exalted by guests as "outstanding," "stylish" and "bohemian." Each of The Greenwich's 88 rooms and suites features eclectic accents that vary from Moroccan-tiled bathrooms to fine Tibetan silk rugs. And though no two accommodations are the same, travelers rave about the luxurious room amenities, which include flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and stocked minibars. But that's not all this chic hotel has going for it. The pool and Shibui spa earn high marks from previous visitors, as does the hip Locanda Verde restaurant – a casual Italian spot known for its zesty fare. While staying here, be sure to keep an eye out for celebrities; this discreet hotel serves as a stomping ground for A-listers (after all, the hotel is owned by actor Robert De Niro). And Leaders Club members you're in luck – as part of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and upgrades.
- Read More"Fabulous," "classy" and "amazing" are just some of the words guests use to describe the Mr. C Beverly Hills, a boutique hotel located in one of L.A.'s trendiest neighborhoods. Those who stay here will find their rooms outfitted in cream and red decor, handcrafted Italian furniture, flat-screen TVs and Carrera marble bathrooms, as well as furnished balconies that provide great views of the City of Angels. However, some visitors note that even Mr. C's pillow-top mattresses and Casa Rovea linens don't ensure a good night's sleep – many guests cite late-night noise as their main qualm. Should you need a little extra refreshment, stake out a lounge chair by the pool. The Restaurant at Mr. C satisfies cravings for classic Italian fare with a menu stocked with pizza and pasta; book a table for Sunday brunch to enjoy live jazz alongside your mimosa. But be prepared to watch your bank account take a hit: Visitors say that a stay here cost them a pretty penny. Plus, the hotel charges an additional $24.95 daily resort fee. But Leaders Club members you're in luck – as part of the Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and complimentary upgrades.
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1658)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreSitting just down the street from the historic Charleston City Market, this hotel is ideal for anyone who prefers all things luxury. Many guests find it hard to believe that Market Pavilion only dates back to 2003; intricately carved furniture and elaborate decor evoke a sense of history, while the hotel's rooftop pool and Pavilion Bar add contemporary flair. Recent guests rave about the hotel's friendly staff and top-tier room amenities, which include two-poster beds, plush robes, oversized marble baths and Hermès brand toiletries.Free BreakfastFree WiFi
- View all PhotosAustin, TX6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (458)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIf you're looking for a taste of Europe in Austin, Texas, the Hotel Granduca Austin may just be for you. Similar to Hotel Granduca Houston, this Austin outpost was constructed and designed to look like an Italian villa, and features fountains, a grand outdoor courtyard, hand-painted murals, intricately, patterned wood floors and antique carpets. The theme carries into the rooms, which start at 480 square feet and are appointed with king-sized beds, walk-in showers, exposed wooden beams and Italian art. Some suites also include Juliet balconies, soaking tubs and separate living rooms. Recent guests appreciated the size of the rooms, but were most impressed with the views: The hotel sits on a hillside about 8 miles northwest of Austin. You can also admire the views from the outdoor heated saltwater pool or the Veranda cafe and bar. Aside from the hotel's tranquil location, reviewers also raved about the on-site Italian restaurant, Visconti Ristorante & Bar. If you're looking for a more casual atmosphere, grab a bite at the poolside grill and bar. When it's time to relax, you can indulge in spa services or enlist the concierge to arrange a golf outing at a nearby course. This hotel is part of The Leading Hotels of the World, meaning Leaders Club members have access to perks here.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAccording to recent guests, Casa del Mar meshes a little art deco flair with Mediterranean styling – a mélange that has a beautiful effect. And compared to its sister property, the Cape Cod-esque Shutters on the Beach, this hotel affords a more upscale aesthetic. Count the Italian marble featured in the lobby and guest room bathrooms as proof. And the cool blue decor, intricately carved furniture, in-suite iPads and complimentary in-room movies only add to the experience. One of the southernmost hotels along Santa Monica's pricey beachfront strip, the Casa del Mar has 129 rooms and suites to choose from, as well as the tasty restaurant, Catch, and the gorgeous Sea Wellness Spa.5.0-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreThis West End hotel is one of the only truly modern and chic ones in Nashville. And its cool contemporary design keeps the environment in mind, with reclaimed wood furnishings, light sensors and even a Tesla to shuttle guests around town. Travelers were surprised upon arriving at the Hutton: Though the exterior has an industrial look about it, the hotel lobby and guest rooms are decorated with contemporary art and neutral decor with pops of bright color. Guest room interiors also feature refreshment centers, plush robes and granite bathrooms with rainfall showerheads. Guests also enjoy the Hutton's location, within walking distance of Vanderbilt University and all the shops, bars and restaurants that cater to the collegiate crowd, but some recent guests do warn that the noise level can be too loud for some.Free WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (4305)Free WiFiRead MoreA member of the Leading Hotels of the World, this historic beaux-arts property is making a comeback. The Knickerbocker Hotel first opened in 1906 and, after years of changes in ownership, remodels to office spaces and closures, the property reopened in February 2015. The hotel's interior was completely renovated but its historic exterior details were kept intact to preserve its National Register of Historic Places and New York City Landmark statuses. Inside, you'll find the guest rooms are outfitted with a minimalist decor. Accommodations come equipped with beds dressed in white linens and down pillows, L-shaped sofas, 55-inch flat-screen TVs and in-room tablets that control lighting and temperature. When it's time for a meal, snag a table at Charlie Palmer at The Knick, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner crafted by the renowned chef. The Knickerbocker Hotel is also home to a rooftop lounge and a fitness center. Recent visitors said they were pleased with their New York City stays here, praising everything from the hotel's location (in midtown Manhattan, near the New York Public Library, Times Square and multiple subway stations) to the staff members. What's more, Leaders Club loyalty program members can earn and redeem free nights at this property.
- Read MoreCarillon Miami Wellness Resort caters to those seeking more of a wellness retreat than a simple vacation. At this northern Miami Beach, Florida, beach property, you'll find a mind-boggling array of spa treatments and intense fitness classes offered in the 70,000-square-foot spa, plus many nutritionists and physicians on staff. But despite its location on the bustling Collins Avenue, guests say Carillon Miami has all the makings of a good night's sleep. The resort's accommodations feature top-notch amenities, such as Nespresso machines, high-definition TVs and bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and walk-in showers. Suites are also outfitted with kitchens equipped with granite countertops and KitchenAid and Miele appliances, but recent guests raved about the beach service and nearby eateries so much that you might not even use this part of your suite. One thing visitors couldn't stop talking about was the incredible service, with many saying it was one thing that made their stays truly unforgettable. Part of The Leading Hotels of the World portfolio, the resort welcomes Leaders Club members with various additional perks.
- Read MoreIn Santa Monica, proximity to the beach and pier translates to more expensive lodging. So know that you'll pay a pretty penny to enjoy a stay at Shutters on the Beach. But you'll be rewarded with a shabby-chic, oh-so-irresistible hotel that travel experts fawn over and guests can't stop gushing about. Guest rooms here are reminiscent of those found in a beachside bed-and-breakfast, though they come stocked with flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms and balconies overlooking Santa Monica. The lovely views are the big plus, but people also like this hotel's friendly staff and the fare served at the property's three restaurants. When you're not relaxing on the sand, indulge in a treatment at ONE the spa or borrow one of the hotel's bikes to ride the nearby bike paths. You can find this sprawling, Cape Cod-style hotel just west of the pier and directly on the Santa Monica waterfront.
- Read MoreSince 1914, the Chatham Bars Inn has been a cozy oceanfront retreat that beckons to Cape Cod visitors with its laid-back luxury. Although it isn't a classic New England bed-and-breakfast, the inn still gets rave reviews from recent visitors who described the staff as very pleasant and accommodating. The decor follows the Cape Cod norm, with beige and blue sea motifs. The nautical color palette extends to the hotel's guest rooms and cottages, which guests adore for their seaside views and massive wraparound porches. Accommodations are equipped with Bose Wave radios, L'Occitane toiletries and Nespresso coffee makers.The only complaint, according to a vocal minority, is that standard guest rooms are a bit cramped for the price point. That said, the delectable New England-inspired fare served at the on-location dining venues STARS, The Sacred Cod, The Beach House and The Veranda, earns rave reviews and added to the list of reasons to return. What's more, Leaders Club members get perks like room upgrades and complimentary breakfast at this hotel.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (830)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Hôtel Plaza Athénée, located on the Upper East Side, exudes an air of grandeur. Recent guests loved the hotel's elegant atmosphere and tasteful decor, found everywhere from the lobby decked with Italian marble to the refined accommodations, appointed with crisp Italian linens, French accents, rich silks and modern amenities like iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs. Most guests describe the hotel service as "outstanding," and though the high prices were a deterrent for some, visitors agree that the cuisine served at the award-winning Arabelle restaurant is worth tasting, even if the prices are high. Without making an extra dent in your wallet, you can enjoy access to the renovated fitness center and fully equipped business center.
- Read MoreOccupying a prime beachfront location in Miami Beach, Florida, Nobu Hotel Miami Beach is Eden Roc Miami Beach's hotel-within-a-hotel. Nobu Hotel's 206 guest rooms and suites feature silver, pale blue, lilac and white hues, plus varied textures chosen by designer David Rockwell. Visitors will also find a Nespresso coffee maker, a flat-screen TV, a rain shower and terry bathrobes inside in each space. What's more, all guests have access to 24-hour room service from Nobu Miami, the property's popular Japanese restaurant. For those who want to enjoy some pampering, the hotel offers butler service for an additional $150 a night, which includes a welcome beverage, packing and unpacking services, private shopping and more. The property's relaxing vibe extends to the on-site spa, home to whirlpools, plunge pools and saunas, plus a hair and nail salon. Nobu Hotel Miami Beach also caters to wellness-seekers with free fitness classes daily and a well-equipped fitness center. Or, travelers can relax in a lounge chair or cabana by one of three pools or at the beach. Previous visitors loved the hotel's variety of amenities and its top-notch staff. Some warned, though, that the nightly room rates and the restaurant's cuisine are expensive. Also keep in mind that a daily $35 resort fee applies. Because this hotel is part of The Leading Hotels of the World, Leaders Club members have access to perks during their stays here.
- View all PhotosMount Pleasant, SCTripAdvisor (300)Free WiFiRead More
The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina, which is located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, is separated from the hustle and bustle of downtown Charleston by the Cooper River. The property’s unique setting gives guests access to everything South Carolina has to offer. Visitors have direct access to a private beach, while The Beach Club also provides quick transportation to all the shopping and dining available in downtown Charleston. If you'd rather lounge by the pool, the resort has a 30,000-square-foot pool deck where a variety of games can be found. For those seeking more serious rest and relaxation, a tranquility pool is available for extra peace and quiet. Plus, while kids participate in organized activities at the Mini Mariners Camp, parents can indulge in a treatment at the on-site Estuary Spa. When it's time to dine, guests can enjoy harbor views and seasonal fare at the Charleston Harbor Fish house. The property also includes four bars and lounges for travelers to take advantage of. Recent guests gave mixed reviews of the on-site cuisine and some recommended venturing into the city for more delectable options. Travelers were most pleased with the accommodations, though, which offer either waterfront or harbor views and have standard amenities such as flat-screen TVs, coffee makers and minifridges. If you opt for a suite, you'll also receive additional perks like fireplaces, balconies and multiple bathrooms. And while some guests reported minor snafus with the staff, most commended the resort for providing personalized customer service.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreJust off the Pacific Coast Highway in ritzy Malibu, California, the Malibu Beach Inn specializes in relaxation. The property's 47 guest rooms are feature soothing neutral tones, wenge wood furnishings, balconies or terraces, and natural tile in the bathrooms. Each accommodation also features Nespresso coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, in-room entertainment systems and complimentary Wi-Fi access. When staying at the Malibu Beach Inn, guests have access to a private beach, as well as spa services and upscale coastal cuisine at the Carbon Beach Club (think whole branzino and filet mignon). Previous visitors described the property as beautiful and praise the on-site amenities, though some report a few customer service snafus.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPalm Springs, CA1.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (266)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe adults-only L'Horizon Resort & Spa is home to 25 bungalows spread throughout the 3-acre property. Each bungalow is equipped with an outdoor patio, Le Labo toiletries, spacious marble bathrooms, HD smart TVs and Nespresso coffee machines. Some of the more luxe bungalows overlook private pools and secluded yards. In addition to the spacious rooms, the resort offers a spa, a restaurant, multiple pools and ample outdoor activities and amenities, including morning yoga, guided hikes and complimentary bike rentals to explore the surrounding Palm Springs area. Guests have plenty of praise for this boutique resort: They say that the grounds are beautiful, that the cuisine served at the SO•PA restaurant is delectable and that the staff members are smiling and attentive. Part of The Leading Hotels of the World brand, the hotel participates in the Leaders Club loyalty program.Free ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.