- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, ParisParis, 751.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel ClassThe Mandarin Oriental, Paris is situated just steps from the Place Vendôme and the manicured Jardin des Tuileries. Equipped with a boutique spa, a 24-hour fitness center and an indoor lap pool, this Paris hotel offers visitors ample ways to spend their time when on the property. The hotel's rooms and suites feature sleek, modern interiors with varying views – some face the courtyard, some offer panoramas of the city's famous landmarks and some look out over Rue St. Honoré. Other in-room perks include 500-thread-count linens, separate showers and tubs in the bathroom, a pillow menu and large windows. Some seasoned guests also noted that this Mandarin Oriental did not seem as grand as its sister properties worldwide. Recent visitors did offer praise for the staff members, the expert concierge team and the tasty cuisine and drinks served at the restaurants and bar.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, BarcelonaBarcelona, B1.3 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel ClassRecent travelers said every aspect about their stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona was exemplary. The staff is service at its finest, with many travelers noting the friendly and helpful employees as one of the most memorable parts of their trip. The accommodations – while pricey – manage to be both chic and comfortable at the same time, offering flat-screen TVs, bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and floor-to-ceiling windows with garden or city views. Additional amenities on-site include a seasonal rooftop pool and lounge, as well as an expansive spa complete with a fitness center and an indoor lap pool; private yoga instruction is also available. To top it all off, the hotel's enviable location in the central Eixample neighborhood is incredibly convenient for exploring, with the popular Casa Batlló just across the street from the hotel and Casa Milà just four blocks north. There are also plenty of dining options scattered throughout the surrounding streets as well, but don't let those options overshadow what's on-site. The fine dining establishment, Moments, has two Michelin stars to its name and you can find all-day dining at Blanc. The hotel is also home to a seasonal Mimosa garden and the bank-themed Banker's Bar.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, MilanMilan
5.0-star Hotel Class
With rooms and suites and a prime location in central Milan, this Mandarin Oriental outpost is a favorite among visitors to Italy. The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and the Milan Cathedral are both a short walk from the hotel. Several shops, cafes and eateries also sit nearby. If you'd prefer to dine on-site, the Mandarin Oriental, Milan is home to the Michelin-starred Seta, which serves traditional Italian fare in an elegant courtyard and dining room, and the Mandarin Bar & Bistrot, where casual bistro-style dishes and drinks are on the menu. Other on-site amenities include a spa, an indoor pool and a fitness center. As far as rooms go, accommodations feature white, beige and violet decor, plus work desks and LED TVs. For Milan-inspired decor, such as wallpaper and furnishings depicting the city's buildings and dining room sets with column chair backs, upgrade to the property's Fornasetti Suite. No matter which accommodation you choose, previous guests said you'll have access to top-notch service and impeccable facilities.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, MunichMunich2 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel ClassThis Mandarin Oriental property is located in Munich's Old Town within walking distance of attractions like the English Garden,the Church of Our Lady and Marienplatz. Accommodations here (praised by guests for their spaciousness) feature neutral decor with cherry wood furniture, desks and flat-screen TVs, while the marble bathrooms include separate tubs and showers, and heated floors. Other points of praise from previous visitors include the impeccable service and smattering of on-site amenities, many of which focus on health and wellness. Property facilities range from a fitness center to wet areas like a rooftop pool, a Turkish steam bath and a Finnish sauna. The hotel also houses a business center and meeting rooms for business travelers and can host catered weddings and events. As far as dining goes, the Mandarin Oriental, Munich's eateries cover a variety of cuisines, including Mediterranean and Japanese-Peruvian fusion fare. Guests especially enjoyed the food and cocktails served at the rooftop bar and restaurant. The only downside, according to some former travelers, was that the elevators and some slamming doors made for noisy hallways.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, PraguePrague0.7 miles to city center
5.0-star Hotel Class
Service with a smile is abundant at this Czech Mandarin Oriental (recent guests couldn't help but gush about the hotel's courteous staff). In addition to the stellar service, lodgers also praised the Mandarin Oriental's location in the central Mala Strana neighborhood. Though it's a bit removed from the city center, it does offer travelers the chance to walk across the charming Charles Bridge to reach nearby top attractions. The hotel is housed in a 14th-century-era monastery, but it's predominantly modern in style. Accommodations are equipped with contemporary comforts, such as flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi capabilities for up to four devices per room, among other amenities. The hotel also offers a spa that features with a variety of treatments, as well as a fitness center that offers personal trainers, yoga classes and a running club. For dining, be sure to book a table at Spices restaurant, which has earned a Michelin star for its exceptional cuisine. There's also the more casual Lounge & Terrace, which also serves Asian fare and offers an outdoor terrace for alfresco dining when the weather's right.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental Hyde ParkLondon2.4 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class
This Mandarin Oriental outpost sits between London's Belgravia neighborhood and Hyde Park, near various shops and restaurants. Though you'll be tempted to dine off-site after exploring the area's attractions, past guests said Dinner by Heston Blumenthal's British-inspired cuisine and The Rosebery Lounge's afternoon tea service cannot be missed. Bar Boulud's French bistro fare and the Mandarin Bar's cocktails also received rave reviews, as did the hotel's spa, where guests can relax with a treatment in one of eight treatment rooms or enjoy the amethyst crystal steam rooms, fitness center, two-lane lap pool and internet lounge with touchscreen computers. However, some previous visitors warned that customer service throughout the hotel is spotty and that some areas appear worn. To address the latter issue, the property is renovating its rooms and facilities through 2018 (and the hotel is remaining open during construction). Older rooms and suites feature traditional decor with gold tones and colorful accent chairs and pillows, while newer accommodations (which can be booked for stays starting in mid-2017) have neutral interiors that boast upscale details like gilded mirror artwork, custom Onyx chandeliers and Volakas marble bathrooms. All come with pillow menus, televisions and work desks.
- View all PhotosHotel Ritz, MadridMadrid2.6 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class
Built in 1910 in the style of a belle epoque palace at the request of King Alfonso XIII, the Hotel Ritz, Madrid has remained a symbol of luxury in Madrid's Golden Triangle art district. This Mandarin Oriental-affiliated property is within steps of various shopping and dining establishments, as well as some of the city's most iconic attractions, including the Prado Museum and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum. Inside, there is a full-service spa and fitness center, five elegantly appointed meeting and event venues, the Krug Bar (which serves caviar and rare Champagne like Krug Clos du Mesnil) and Goya Restaurant & Terrace, a Spanish-, French- and Basque-influenced fine dining establishment with high ceilings and chandeliers. Recent visitors said the tasting menu at Goya is top-notch; the service provided by the restaurant's employees, housekeeping staff and concierges also stood out to guests. Additionally, travelers appreciated the tastefully decorated accommodations and their comfortable beds, large closets and views of the courtyard or city, though some found the spaces to be a bit dated. Other guest room amenities include high-definition televisions, marble bathrooms and free Wi-Fi access.
- View all PhotosMandarin Oriental, GenevaGeneva5.0-star Hotel Class
Perched along the shores of the Rhône River in the heart of downtown Geneva, this Mandarin Oriental outpost is ideally located for both business and leisure travelers, as it is steps from top restaurants, shops, the financial district and attractions. Along with its enviable address, the hotel offers saunas and steam baths, massage and beauty services, a gym and meeting space. The property also houses several eateries that serve everything from Indian and French cuisine to tapas and cocktails. Accommodations feature mirrored walls, earth tones, marble bathrooms, goose-down bedding, flat-screen TVs and Nespresso coffee machines. Some rooms boast river views, while suites come with unique items like private hammams and terraces. Recent guests recommend booking a river-facing room and reserving a table at the Indian restaurant, where one reviewer said the food was "outstanding." The staff throughout the hotel received high praise as well, though several lodgers thought the rooms were a bit dated.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.