Best Marriott International Hotels in California
Popular sub-brands in Marriott International Hotels
See all sub-brands
Best Marriott International Hotels by Destination
See all destinations
- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassLocated on the southern fringes of Chinatown, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco earns high praise from recent guests, who say that the hotel makes for a convenient choice for both business and leisure travelers. The rooms here are dressed in blue and white and Frette linens, as well as a variety of high-end amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, coffee makers and high-speed internet access. Visitors to this property will also have access to the in-house Spa L'OCCITANE by the Bay and its full list of treatments, as well as the raved-about contemporary Californian cuisine served at Parallel 37. But for many guests, the highlight of staying here was the exceptional level of customer service they received. Visitors say that the employees were friendly and respectful, providing an overall feeling of being treated like royalty (though you may have to shell out like royalty to stay here). Plus, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosThe St. Regis San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.6 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
This modern masterpiece of a hotel in San Francisco's SoMa neighborhood features 214 guest rooms and suites, all equipped with rainforest showers, minibars and several flat-screen TVs. Accommodations here are exceptionally roomy, but if you want to spread out, book a Metropolitan Suite, which boasts about 1,000 square feet of space. Travelers rave about the digs here, but what they especially enjoy about this St. Regis property is its location (near a number of the city's most popular attractions), its modern decor and its friendly service staff. The contemporary American cuisine served at Grill also sits well with guests. Room rates here are high, but visitors believe the experience is worth the lofty price. And If you're a Marriott Bonvoy loyalty club member, you can use or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosPalace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassThe Palace Hotel first welcomed guests in 1875 as the world's largest and most luxurious hotel. But the earthquake of 1906 destroyed the property; the building that stands now was constructed in 1909. Still, the Palace wins guests over with its historical charm: The lobby draws attention with marble floors and high ceilings, and the guest rooms house more contemporary furnishings (alongside amenities such as high-speed internet access). But to truly experience the Palace in all its timeless glory, sit down to afternoon tea underneath the glass ceiling and crystal chandeliers of the Garden Court. (For dinner, head to the Pied Piper Restaurant, which serves traditional American fare.) There's also an indoor pool and fitness center on-site, which is perfect for those looking to recharge. Guests love the luxurious interiors and appreciate the cozy guest rooms. The staff also get a thumbs up as well for their warm, welcoming attitudes. What's more, as a member of the Luxury Collection hotel family, the Palace gladly welcomes guests looking to pay with or earn rewards through the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- View all PhotosThe US GRANT, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San DiegoSan Diego, CA2.4 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassThe son of former U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant opened this luxury downtown hotel in 1910. Today, THE US GRANT, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego gives guests a taste of Old World glamour coupled with modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs, coffee machines and marble bathrooms. The hotel also houses a fitness center and The Grant Grill, which is critically acclaimed and known for its fresh Californian cuisine. However, this Luxury Collection property probably isn't the ideal hotel for sun-seekers, since it's pretty far from San Diego's most popular beaches. On the other hand, it's quite close to many of the city's top attractions, and if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member looking to redeem or accrue reward points, this is an ideal place for you.
- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, Marina del ReyMarina Del Rey, CA11.2 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassRight on the marina and about 5 miles from Los Angeles International Airport, The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey attracts visitors with its picturesque location. Guests describe the rooms here as comfortable, with warm blue and gold tones reflecting the hotel's harbor vistas (not to mention balconies and feather beds). Visitors also appreciate this Ritz's convenient and luxurious amenities, such as the bicycle rentals – perfect for riding along the boardwalk – and the 24-hour waterfront pool and whirlpool. Make the most of the hotel's harborfront location with some California cuisine at Wave Poolside Bar + Grill, or sample the locally sourced small plates at Cast & Plow. For even more pampering, indulge in a treatment at Sisley Spa. Though a stay here can cost a pretty penny, you can offset the cost (or earn points) with Marriott Bonvoy points.
- View all PhotosSLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly HillsLos Angeles, CA5.9 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel ClassThe SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills is the epitome of cool. This standout property features ultra contemporary decor that is both sleek and unconventioal thanks to the unique stylings of French interior designer Phillipe Starck (think chrome end tables with faces, picture frame glass dividers at the rooftop pool and plant pots that touch the ceiling in the lobby). The staff here is often described as attentive, friendly and helpful, especially when any questions or issues arise. Rooms are well equipped and boast flat-screen TVs, SLS signature beds and rain showers. Outside of the rooms you'll find a rooftop pool, the Ciel Spa and three Jose Andres restaurants. Plus, since this property is affiliated with the Marriott brand, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points when staying here.
- View all PhotosLas Alcobas, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Napa ValleySt. Helena, CA4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
Located in St. Helena, a city in California's Napa Valley region, Las Alcobas is conveniently situated within 10 miles of can't-miss wineries like Frog's Leap, Castello di Amorosa and Robert Mondavi. But oenophiles will find plenty to enjoy on-site, too. This boutique property features the upscale Acacia House (helmed by "Top Chef Masters" winner Chris Cosentino), as well as an outdoor pool with a fire pit and pool bar. R&R-seekers can take advantage of the hotel's spa, where guests will find a steam room, a fitness center and a yoga studio. Following a day spent wine tasting or unwinding by the pool or in the spa, visitors can retreat to one of 68 guest rooms or suites. Each offers neutral decor with wood wall accents and a plethora of amenities, including a flat-screen TV, a freestanding bathtub and complimentary Wi-Fi access. And in select upgraded accommodations, travelers have access to private balconies, decks or terraces with fire pits and privacy curtains. Overall, past guests enjoyed their stays at Las Alcobas, citing the "incredible" staff, delicious food and "amazing" rooms as highlights. However, a few cautioned that some rooms are not adequately soundproofed. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or use points here.
- View all PhotosLido House, Autograph CollectionNewport Beach, CA4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassThe Lido House enjoys a prime spot in the center of Newport Beach, California, with the bay and beach just a short walk away in either direction. But past guests attest the location isn't the only reason to visit. Recent travelers laud the Marriott-affiliated Lido House's attentive and warm staff members, beautifully decorated rooms and cool amenities. The hotel features a spa, a fitness center, an outdoor pool, a rooftop bar with impressive ocean views (a guest favorite), and the sleek American-inspired Mayor's Table Pacific Pub + Kitchen. As for the rooms, expect a mix of modern and casual interiors alongside amenities like pillow-top mattresses, minifridges, complimentary bottled water and flat-screen TVs with Netflix. Upgrade to an Ocean View room for superb water views from a private balcony. Although most travelers rave about the hotel's service, a few visitors did encounter billing issues during their stays. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn or accrue loyalty points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin San DiegoSan Diego, CA2.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassA comfortable choice for business travelers, The Westin San Diego is located downtown – just northwest of the convention center near the Gaslamp Quarter – and features work-friendly amenities such as a business center and high-speed Internet access in all the guest rooms (included in the resorts daily facilities fee). Accommodations here also come outfitted in the Westin brand's signature Heavenly Beds, large desks with ergonomic chairs and flat-screen TVs. But business travelers aren't the only ones who enjoy staying at The Westin San Diego: Leisure travelers approve of the property's location near the city's top attractions, as well as the rooftop pool. Dogs are welcome and are offered Westin's signature Heavenly Dog Beds. The Westin San Diego also grants guests access to a variety of fresh seafood entrees at the in-house restaurant, Coast. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp QuarterSan Diego, CA2.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting on the northwestern fringes of the Gaslamp Quarter, this Westin offers visitors a convenient home base, comfortable accommodations and a variety of amenities. Guests are quick to compliment the customer service, and the rooms, which feature signature Heavenly beds and ample storage space, earn a thumbs-up as well. The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter also offers a spa, a 24-hour fitness center and an outdoor pool. And Pinzimini restaurant serves up hearty portions of pizza and pasta. But one of the biggest highlights for guests is the location. From this Westin, travelers can easily reach the sights and sound of downtown by foot, as well as top attractions including Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosAvenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, A Tribute Portfolio HotelCosta Mesa, CA4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Located in Costa Mesa, a southeastern suburb of Los Angeles, the Avenue of the Arts hotel earns a thumbs-up from recent guests for its swanky decor. Travelers love the purple tones in the public areas and the gold hues that drape the guest rooms, which house organic bath products, minibars and private balconies. Those who plan to return say they were pleased with on-site amenities such as the outdoor pool, the complimentary shuttle service to John Wayne Airport, the in-house sauna and the trendy Silver Trumpet Restaurant and Bar. While most travelers were pleased with their experiences here, comments on the staff were mixed. Some said they encountered friendly and helpful employees but others noted some employees had a bit more learning to do. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin St. FrancisSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassTowering over Union Square, the mammoth Westin St. Francis can be differentiated by its history (it first opened in the early 1900s). Visitors can choose to bed down in one of two areas: the Landmark Building or the Tower Building. Rooms in the Tower Building are more modern in style while rooms in the Landmark building retain a historic feel. No matter which building you're in, you'll find your accommodations outfitted with the Westin brand's signature Heavenly beds, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and high-speed internet access (for a fee). The Westin St. Francis is also home to The Oak Room Restaurant, previously a men's bar in the early 1900s, and the Clock Bar, located near the hotel's iconic grandfather clock. Today's travelers also have access to a 24-hour fitness center and a business center. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosRenaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek HotelWalnut Creek, CA4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
About 27 miles northeast of San Francisco, this Renaissance stands out for its emphasis on fitness. The hotel offers personal training, group classes, a six-lane lap pool and a tremendous fitness center. If you went on vacation to relax, then book an appointment at the R Spa or go for a soak in the whirlpool. The on-site restaurant, Citrus Fresh Grill, offers heart-healthy menu options, and the nutritionists in the wellness workshops will also help you make good food choices. Even visitors who don't utilize the fitness facilities and classes admit that they left the Renaissance feeling refreshed, praising the comfy furnishings in the guest rooms. When you're not working up a sweat, the Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek will help you be productive with work-friendly amenities such as high-speed Internet access and a full-service business center. Because of this resort's family connections, Marriott Bonvoy program members can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosJW Marriott Santa Monica Le MerigotSanta Monica, CA4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassJW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot offers high-class accommodations with a side of the subtle luxury that has become paramount to the JW Marriott brand. This particular one, located along Santa Monica's picturesque Ocean Avenue, is also known for the romantic atmosphere of its in-house restaurant, Cézanne. Guest rooms here also appealed to visitors with warm neutral decor, balconies or patios, and high-tech amenities like iHome docking stations. But for the majority of visitors, it's the property's location that sets it apart from the competition. Guests loved that Le Merigot sits amid a variety of Santa Monica shops and restaurants. If you don't feel like hitting the town, sprawl out alongside the outdoor pool or indulge in a treatment at Spa Le Merigot. And because the property falls under the Marriott umbrella, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and use points while staying here.
- View all PhotosW HollywoodHollywood, CA4.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're looking for a one-of-a-kind mix of old Hollywood glamour and cutting-edge style, consider booking a room at the W Hollywood. Guests claim this W is worth every one of its four stars for a number of reasons, including its hip lobby bar, The Living Room, not to mention a trendy rooftop pool. Along with The Living Room, this W outpost also offers California bistro fare at Delphine, and a New York street cafe atmosphere at Station Hollywood. Rooms here are sleek and chic, with a gray and white color palate that's emboldened by colorful accents and deluxe amenities like iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access and minibars. The clientele also offer a word of warning: This hotel on the infamous Hollywood Boulevard isn't for those seeking peace and quiet –it's more party-oriented. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosWestdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph CollectionManhattan Beach, CA12.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection is a 4 star hotel located at 1400 Parkview Ave. in Los Angeles. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 211 reviews.
- View all PhotosHotel Paseo, Autograph Collection by MarriottPalm Desert, CA11.9 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
If you're on the hunt for a trendy, brand-backed boutique hotel in Palm Desert, California, past guests say you can't go wrong with a stay at the Hotel Paseo, Autograph Collection. Situated about 15 miles southeast of Palm Springs, this Marriott outpost impresses travelers with its midcentury modern decor and its central location near the main thoroughfare of El Paseo, known as "The Rodeo Drive of the Desert." Opened in March 2018, Hotel Paseo features an outdoor heated pool, a spa, a fitness center and an on-site art gallery. Recent guests particularly appreciated the cornhole set, the putting green and the other games, which are located adjacent to the pool. After working up an appetite, grab a bite at AC3 Restaurant + Bar, which offers inventive cocktails and tasty New American cuisine. Rooms are outfitted in a neutral color palette and feature minifridges, complimentary Wi-Fi access, smart TVs and walk-in showers. Some accommodations also come equipped with balconies or terraces. For a unique experience, consider booking the restored 1950 Airstream trailer, which sits poolside and comes with one queen bed, a minifridge and air conditioning, among other amenities. Keep in mind, though this hotel offers many perks and amenities, there is a nightly resort fee. Members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can cash in or apply points for stays here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Palo AltoPalo Alto, CA4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThis Westin property sits across the street from Stanford University and is within walking distance to the Stanford Shopping Center and downtown Palo Alto. The hotel's location makes it a popular home base for college events. As such, parents or prospective students will need to book a room here several months in advance for graduation and other big celebrations. The Westin Palo Alto also makes a good choice for business travelers thanks to a number of work-friendly amenities, including a business center, high-speed Internet access and ample meeting space. Overall, guests are pleased with their stays here: Travelers say guest rooms are comfortable, eacn coming equipped with Westin's signature Heavenly Beds, flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and whirlpool tubs. The property also houses a full-service gym and a heated outdoor pool, as well as an on-site restaurant. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosSan Diego Marriott Gaslamp QuarterSan Diego, CA2.3 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThis Marriott hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter earns rave reviews for its convenient location in the heart of downtown San Diego, putting guests within walking distance of top attractions such as the USS Midway Museum, the Gaslamp Quarter and Petco Park. Guest rooms here are outfitted with LCD TVs, Starbucks coffee, Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities as well as work spaces with Wi-Fi access (for a fee). And when guests are not out on the town, they can take advantage of the in-house fitness center or grab a drink at the rooftop bar, ALTITUDE Sky Lounge. Although the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter is within walking distance of numerous neighborhood eateries, grab a bite at Soleil @k if you don't feel like traveling too far for grub. And because of its family ties, this hotel allows visitors to earn or pay with Marriott Bonvoy points.
- View all PhotosLe Méridien Delfina Santa MonicaSanta Monica, CA4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassFormerly The Sheraton Delfina, this rebranded Le Méridien has already made an impression on guests with its looks. The guest rooms here feel slightly retro with bold patterns and bright colors and feature Illy coffee makers, complimentary high-speed internet access and furnished balconies (in most rooms). This pet-friendly hotel also features a fitness center, a heated outdoor pool and an on-site restaurant. Despite its makeover, some guests had a few qualms with the Le Méridien. Many lament the hotel's distance from the hustle and bustle of Santa Monica, while others mention a few less-than-stellar encounters with hotel staff. On the upside, the hotel does offer a shuttle to anywhere with a 2-mile radius of the property as part of the $25 daily resort fee. Other amenities included in the resort fee range from bike rentals to wellness classes. And because of this hotel's Marriott hotel family ties, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosJW Marriott San Francisco Union SquareSan Francisco, CA0.8 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting about a block west of Union Square, this JW Marriott places guests conveniently at the heart of San Francisco. From here, travelers only have to walk a few blocks to find a tram, cable car or BART train to take them to the city's top sights. Although some recent visitors said the downtown location often comes with noisy nights, guests mostly praised the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square for its friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Accommodations here come equipped with ergonomic work stations, flat-screen TVs and access to an on-site fitness center. Though the hotel is surrounded by a variety of neighborhood dining spots, previous guests suggested sitting down for dinner at the JW Marriott's Level III Restaurant, which serves shareable plates of California cuisine. What's more, this hotel rewards loyal patrons with free nights and other perks through the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- View all PhotosW San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassLike many W hotels, San Francisco's iteration is über-trendy, yet remarkably comfortable. Previous guests were pleased with the hotel's accommodations, which include pillow-top mattresses, goose-down bedding, flat-screen TVs and access to iPod shuffles and a variety of DVDs through the hotel's Whatever/Whenever program. The W San Francisco also provides pet beds, litter boxes and food bowls for those traveling with four-legged companions. In addition to its guest rooms, the W also has TRACE, a restaurant that serves socially conscious Californian cuisine. Sitting near the Yerba Buena Gardens in the SoMa neighborhood, this Marriott-affiliated hotel makes a great choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & SuitesLos Angeles, CA1.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassOccupying prime real estate in downtown Los Angeles – just a few blocks from the Walt Disney Concert Hall – The Westin Bonaventure Hotel houses 1,358 guest rooms and suites, all of which feature flat-screen TVs, floor-to-ceiling windows and the brand's signature Heavenly Beds. Business travelers are especially compatible with this hotel thanks to its high-speed internet access (for an additional fee), ample meeting space and four on-site dining venues. Meanwhile, leisure travelers are quick to praise the property's convenience, reporting that it's an easy commute from the Westin to many of the city's top attractions. Some guests found the rooms to be comfortable yet lackluster, though a good number of guests suggest reserving a room on the higher floors for killer city views. And as a member of the Westin hotel family, this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- View all PhotosThe Westin SacramentoSacramento, CA3.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
This Westin property gets kudos from travelers for a number of reasons. First and foremost, guests enjoyed the location right along the Sacramento River (and suggested getting a room overlooking it as such). Rooms were reportedly comfortable, clean and well-appointed by most guests, coming outfitted with signature Westin Heavenly Beds, flat-screen TVs, coffee makers with Starbucks coffee refrigerators and bathrooms with clawfoot tubs (a guest favorite). An outdoor heated pool, spa, fitness center and bike rentals are other amenities the Westin has ready for guests looking to take advantage. Lodgers say interactions with staff were great and many agreed that the Scott's Seafood On The River, the Westin's restaurant, is completely worth a visit. You'll find The Westin Sacramento sitting along the Sacramento River, about 5 miles south of downtown. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Citizen Hotel, Autograph CollectionSacramento, CA0.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassOverlooking Cesar Chavez Plaza in downtown Sacramento, The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection wins visitors' favor because it's exemplary in providing luxury. Past travelers were particularly fond of the property's stately ambiance evoked with its red furniture and shelves of old books in the lobby, as well as its comfortable (albeit small) accommodations. What's more, rooms at this Autograph Collection hotel (which is affiliated with Marriott) come equipped with Keurig coffee makers, flat-screen TVs and Frette luxury linens. But the Old World charm doesn't prevent The Citizen Hotel from offering a modern fitness center, Wi-Fi access (for a fee) and a 24-hour business center. Guests also praise the hotel's ideal location near the state capitol, the convention center and numerous eateries. For visitors who'd rather dine on-site, there's the Grange Restaurant & Bar, which dishes up Californian cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.