- Read MoreSitting about a mile from The Galleria, The St. Regis Houston is one of only a few five-star hotels in the city. And like others of its caliber, the St. Regis Houston earns its commendation with all of its luxurious amenities. Previous guests say that the outdoor pool is gorgeous and that they enjoy soaking up some sun in the comfy lounge chairs lining the pool deck. The on-site fitness center and spa also garner praise, with R&R-seekers recommend indulging in one of the many body and skin treatments available. When dinnertime rolls around, treat yourself to a hearty steak at The Remington Restaurant. Guest rooms are decked out in hardwood and leather furniture and stocked with deluxe amenities like flat-screen TVs, Italian bed linens and Bose Wave music systems. Because this Houston property is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosHouston, TX1.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1145)Free WiFiRead MoreThis JW Marriott outpost is set downtown (as its name suggests), within walking distance of many Houston attractions like Minute Maid Park and the Buffalo Bayou, businesses and the convention center. The hotel has plenty of on-site diversions as well, such as a spa, a gym, a restaurant and a lounge. After you've explored all the JW Marriott Houston Downtown and the city has to offer, retreat to your guest room, where a shaved chocolate art turndown treat awaits your return. Each room also comes equipped with a Nespresso machine, free internet access, a flat-screen television and an in-room iPad that controls room service and valet retrieval, among other things. Despite the ample amenities, recent guests offer mixed reviews about this property. Some said they were impressed by the service staff and loved the hotel's location, while others were disappointed by the layout and views in their accommodations during their stays. Keep in mind that because this is a Marriott property, this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, meaning guests can collect and redeem points here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosHouston, TX1.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1388)Free WiFiRead MoreFavored by guests for its sheer decadence, Hotel ICON caters to a trendier crowd. Occupying the former Union National Bank just north of downtown Houston, the Hotel ICON offers a highly ornamental baroque style of decoration. Rich colors, lush fabrics, ornate patterns and numerous objets d'art fill the lobby and guest rooms, mingling with in-room amenities like soaking tubs and complimentary high-speed internet access. (Guests highly recommend booking a corner room for more natural light.) Soom rooms come with a private whirlpool, and all guests can indulge in the succulent dishes at Line & Lariat restaurant. Traveler hoping to explore the area surrounding the hotel had best keep in mind that parking is expensive here though. As a member of the Autograph Collection, Hotel ICON accepts and doles out rewards to members of the Marriott Bonvoy program.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosHouston, TX1.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2981)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreJust a few blocks west of Minute Maid Park, this hotel starts the day off with a complimentary breakfast buffet and ends the evening with a free happy hour reception and bedtime cookies. As well as these perks, recent guests rave about the Magnolia Hotel Houston's rooftop pool and Jacuzzi, describing the skyline views as fantastic. Visitors are just as complimentary of the guest rooms, which feature brightly colored decorative accents (which add a fun, quirky feel to the hotel's historic architecture), minibars and complimentary Wi-Fi. When it's time to eat, chow down on contemporary American fare in The Lounge or have it delivered to your room. Recent guests say that this Houston property is a great bargain given its location and long list of freebies, but some visitors say that the hotel needs to work on its customer service, citing disorganized staff as its only downside. Keep in mind that because this is a Tribute Portfolio hotel, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreThe Westin Houston Downtown (formerly the Inn at the Ballpark) combines traditional charm with modern amenities in its location right across the street from baseball's Minute Maid Park. But if baseball is not your thing, business travelers still appreciate the location and lobby bar. No matter the reason for the visit, most guests say that you'll find this Houston hotel very comfortable and friendly. Guest rooms feature plush furnishings and warm, earthy tones, as well as flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access and signature bath products. If you don't fill up on peanuts and Cracker Jacks while at a game, sit down to dinner at this Westin's Vic & Anthony's, which earns high praise for its steaks. Previous visitors also recommend this hotel for its staff, noting that everyone they encountered was especially friendly. And remember, if you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you'll be able to earn and redeem points during your stay.
- View all PhotosHouston, TX9.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (735)Read MoreIf you're in Houston to do some shopping, you're in luck: The Westin Houston, Memorial City rests just across the street from the Memorial City Mall (and is connected to it via skywalk). Even if you don't feel like exercising your credit card, recent guests say that this Westin property is great, as long as you don't need to be in the heart of Houston. Sitting about 13 miles west of downtown, The Westin Houston, Memorial City earns high praise for its friendly staff, with visitors commending everyone from the bartenders to the cleaning crew. Guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, plush bathrobes and internet access (for a fee). The hotel's 18th-floor infinity pool and fitness center are also appreciated perks, and many recommend dining at the 024 Grille at least once during your stay. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- Read MoreThat saying, "Everything is bigger in Texas," certainly rings true at the Marriott Marquis Houston. Among this hotel's superlatives are a 5,000-square-foot spa and fitness center, a Texas-shaped lazy river, 52 meeting rooms and 1,000 guest rooms and suites. Open since December 2016, this Marriott wows travelers not only with its stellar customer service, but also with its location in Houston: The hotel overlooks Discovery Green Park and is connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center. What's more, it sits less than a mile south of Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros. Back at the hotel, guests will have access to six dining venues and an infinity pool, not to mention well-appointed accommodations. Rooms are outfitted with minifridges, 55-inch TVs, floor-to-ceiling windows, coffee makers and access to 24-hour room service. Though reviewers were pleased with their lodgings, they did lament the $12.95 daily Wi-Fi access fee (which is waived for Marriott Bonvoy members). For the best views of the park and the hotel's lazy river, heed recent guests’ advice and request a room on a higher floor.
- Read MoreStaying at this JW Marriott right across from The Galleria means you'll find spacious and inviting rooms with soothing decor, custom linens and HDTVs with premium movie channels. Recent guests appreciated the on-site amenities like the indoor-outdoor pool, fitness center and sauna, but reviews were mixed on service and decor. Some recent visitors felt the service was top-notch and enjoyed the updated rooms (most of which were renovated in 2015), while other guests cited thin walls and lackluster cleaning service as not being up to "JW standards." Though they may disagree on whether or not you should sleep here, visitors do recommend the on-site restaurant, praising the locally sourced "Texas cuisine with a fresh twist" served at Destino. Because this hotel is a member of the Marriott hotels family, Marriott Bonvoy members can use points to pay for rooms or upgrades.4.5-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosHouston, TX4.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1098)Free ParkingRead MoreSerious shoppers (aka shopaholics) should look no further: This Westin, as its name suggests, is not just next to, but actually connected to The Galleria. The hotel even gives guests a complimentary "Passport to Shopping," which contains exclusive coupons for some of the stores. Chances are that if you're staying here, you won't be spending much time in the hotel itself. But if you need a break from mall madness, this Houston property boasts all the Westin classics, including Heavenly Beds and a WestinWORKOUT fitness studio, as well as a pool and the trendy White Oak Kitchen + Drinks restaurant (which is shared with its neighboring sister hotel). Though some guests complain about the high room rates and hefty parking fees, members of the Marriott Bonvoy programs can save some dough by paying with rewards points.Free Parking
- View all PhotosHouston, TX4.8 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (866)Read MoreThe Galleria is so big that it can accommodate two separate Westins, each containing more than 400 rooms. This one provides many of the same amenities as its sister, The Westin Galleria Houston, including a fitness center and a pool. This property also offers access to the acclaimed White Oak Kitchen + Drinks restaurant. Yet guests don't seem as fond of this property, saying that the room rates were too high for what they described as a relatively bland hotel. Recent visitors did, however, enjoy the city views from the spacious guest rooms, the friendly customer service, the signature Heavenly Beds and the complimentary self-parking facilities (a rarity in city hotels). What's more, because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- Read MoreEven though it's a hop, skip and a jump away from a number of medical facilities, this Marriott is not just for those visiting a doctor. The hotel is about a 2-mile drive from many of Houston's most popular attractions, and it's also located nearby a light rail stop. Guests love the location, and they appreciate the Houston Marriott Medical Center's climate-controlled skyway to Methodist Hospital. Visitors also praise the accommodations that feature standard Marriott amenities, like flat-screen TVs and minifridges. Other property perks include an indoor pool and a fitness center. And in terms of eats, Driscoll's and the Paladora Lounge both serve up hearty plates of casual American fare, while an on-site Starbucks is convenient for those in need of a morning pick-me-up. While some recent guests found the property underwhelming, they commended the hospitable staff for making their visit memorable. And because this is a Marriott property, costs can be covered by rewards from the brand's loyalty program.4.0-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosHouston, TX4.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (841)Free WiFiRead More
Travelers admit the main reason for a visit to this Marriott is for business. Rooms were described as average, but comfortable thanks to amenities like minifridges, coffee makers, high-speed internet access (available for a fee) and flat-screen TVs with premium channels. When booking your accommodations, consider asking for a room that doesn't face the noisy road – a tip from recent visitors. The hotel also boasts a fitness center, an indoor pool and a bistro that serves Southwestern fare. Lodgers here in particular appreciated the staff's accommodating nature and eager-to-please attitude, especially from those present in the concierge lounge. While this Marriott outpost does host a lot of business travelers, it's also a great option for shoppers. The hotel is situated about 1 mile north of The Galleria mall, and is surrounded by smaller shopping plazas. What's more, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to and from the mall. The Houston Marriott West Loop is located about 8 miles west of downtown Houston and about 16 miles northwest of the William P. Hobby Airport. Keep in mind, if you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you can earn or redeem points for staying here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosHouston, TX4.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (619)Read More
As its name suggests, the all-suite Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria is adjacent to The Galleria, a Houston shopping complex that spans 2.4 million square feet. The hotel's convenient location and free shuttle service (which stops within a 3-mile radius) make this Sheraton-affiliated property a great option for travelers interested in a shopping-centric getaway. But visitors have access to a plethora of on-site amenities as well, including an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, the Wild Plum Lounge and the Sage Restaurant, where regional American dishes are served. And in each of the hotel's suites, lodgers will find at least 416 square feet of space and perks like a separate living area, a minifridge and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Club-level suites come with additional conveniences like free breakfast, snacks and beverages daily. Previous guests loved the extras offered in Club-level suites, while those who stayed in standard suites praised the accommodations' ample space and comfortable beds. The biggest gripes for some were the smaller size of the outdoor pool and the high parking fees (which start at $22 per vehicle for overnight self-parking). Because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.0-star Hotel Class
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.