Best Marriott International Hotels in Minnesota
- View all PhotosJW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of AmericaBloomington, MN4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Located inside the Mall of America and just two blocks from the Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport, this JW Marriott property appeals to both business and leisure travelers. The hotel (which sits about 10 miles south of downtown Minneapolis and 16 miles southwest of St. Paul) features almost 20,000 square feet of event space, plus an indoor swimming pool, a fitness center and two dining venues – Cedar + Stone, Urban Table and the Lobby Lounge. You'll also have your pick of 342 guest rooms and suites, which start at 400 square feet and are equipped with minifridges, LED TVs and bathrooms with separate showers and bathtubs. For extra perks like free daily breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres, upgrade to a room with access to the property's executive lounge. Past guests were especially impressed with their accommodations' comfortable beds and ample space, as well as the hotel's friendly and helpful staff. However, some bemoaned the property's pricey room rates and added expenses for services like Wi-Fi access and parking. But for Marriott Bonvoy members, waived internet fees and the ability to redeem points can help cut costs.
- View all PhotosHotel Ivy, A Luxury Collection Hotel, MinneapolisMinneapolis, MN4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassEvery traveler wants a clean, comfortable space that's large enough for relaxation. The Hotel Ivy offers just that. Recent guests commented on the ample size of the guest rooms, which are decked out in neutral tones and feature amenities like 42-inch flat-screen TVs and spacious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs. And the bed, the item of central importance to any overnight stay, receives nearly unanimous praise for its comfy feel and luxurious linens. What's more, the hotel's Anda Spa will help you feel refreshed and ready to check out the things to do around Minneapolis. Additional on-site amenities at this hotel include a fitness center, an Italian restaurant and meeting facilities. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Edina GalleriaEdina, MN4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
For shopaholics, the best part about The Westin Edina Galleria is that it's directly connected to the expansive Galleria shopping center, about 9 miles south of downtown Minneapolis. For everyone else, it's the friendliness of the hotel staff, though the hotel's design and amenities have also garnered praise. Guest rooms are spacious and adorned in soothing nature-inspired hues, and they feature flat-screen TVs and oversized bathrooms with both a walk-in shower and tub (a major perk for most visitors). Though you can choose to spend both night and day in your room thanks to 24-hour room service, previous guests affirmed that you won't want to pass on a meal at the casual on-site steak and seafood restaurant, McCormick and Schmick's. For small plates and cocktails, head to Prelude. (You can always burn off the calories in the on-site pool or at the fitness center.) And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Minneapolis - The FoshayMinneapolis, MN4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassLike most W hotels, The Foshay specializes in sleek, contemporary lodging. But this property is different: Housed in Foshay Tower (which was built in 1929 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places), the hotel blends vintage with modern in its decor. Common areas like the hotel lobby and the Living Room lounge feature W's swanky style with a hint of art deco flavor (though some visitors complain that the dim lighting is hard on the eyes). Recent guests described The Foshay as classy, praising the guest rooms for their bold color palettes and ample amenities, which include flat-screen TVs, media libraries and Bliss bath products. For a true taste of the Roaring Twenties, sink your teeth in to a hearty steak at Manny's before relishing a crisp cocktail at the rooftop bar, Prohibition. Though recent guests raved about the The Foshay's appearance and amenities, they said that the excellent customer service would be their main reason for returning. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosLe Méridien Chambers MinneapolisMinneapolis, MN4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassPart art gallery and part boutique hotel, Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis combines the trendiest elements of the contemporary art scene with sleek luxury. Visitors most appreciate the property's contemporary ambiance and eye-catching aesthetics. The decor in the guest rooms is a hit – simple white, gray and black hues offset by vibrant pops of color (and amenities like iPod docking stations, LCD TVs and heated bathroom floors). However, less-enthralled visitors have complained of some nighttime noise, and it's not hard to see why: This 60-room urban enclave is stationed downtown in a neighborhood peppered with galleries, restaurants and nightlife venues. Should you prefer to stay in for dinner and drinks, sample the Italian fare at Marin Restaurant & Bar. No matter when you visit, you'll have free access to the on-site Burnet Gallery and the Walker Art Center, about a mile away. And because this Le Méridien is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosHotel Emery, Autograph CollectionMinneapolis, MN4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassThe Hotel Emery impresses the eye with rich furnishings and sleek decor. Guest rooms are fairly simple, decked out in neutral tones, but feature high-tech amenities like 42-inch high-definition TVs, wireless internet access and docking stations. Meanwhile, common areas like the lobby and Restaurant Max feature bold accents and modern fixtures. But the hotel's locale really sets it over the top: It's connected to the city's indoor, heated skyway system, so you can walk to Nicollet Mall, the U.S. Bank Stadium and many other downtown Minneapolis attractions without weathering the often frigid temperatures. One area where guests offer mixed reviews is the food: Some travelers experienced helpful and quick waiters while others said the service was slow and overpriced. As a property in the Autograph Collection, The hotel is part of the Marriott family, so Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin MinneapolisMinneapolis, MN4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThough it may look old on the outside – after all, it is housed in the historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building – The Westin Minneapolis provides fresh, contemporary digs in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Blanketed in beige and green hues, guest rooms offer a relaxed, natural respite from the bustling city streets, while in-room amenities (like 42-inch LED TVs, minibars and Westin's signature Heavenly Beds) are designed for comfort. When you do decide to leave your digs, you'll find a variety of on-site facilities, including a heated indoor pool, a fitness center and a fully loaded business center. And the in-house restaurant, B.A.N.K., receives high praise from previous guests for its swanky atmosphere and inventive American cuisine. The biggest complaint, however, is that the hotel seems a bit understaffed, especially at the front desk and at the bar. But whether you're here for business or pleasure, recent visitors do say that The Westin Minneapolis' downtown location is ideal, especially since the hotel is directly connected to the city's indoor skywalk. Because this property bears the Westin name (and ultimately falls under the Marriott umbrella), Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosAC Hotel Minneapolis DowntownMinneapolis, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
AC Hotel Minneapolis Downtown is a 3.5 star hotel located at 401 Hennepin Ave in Minneapolis - St. Paul. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 329 reviews.
- View all PhotosElliot Park Hotel, Autograph CollectionMinneapolis, MN4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
According to recent visitors, welcoming staff and top-notch service steal the show at the Elliot Park Hotel. The employees at this Marriott outpost in downtown Minneapolis made them feel welcome from the moment they stepped inside. The staff at the on-site Tavola Italian Kitchen & Bar were just as friendly, not to mention the food received rave reviews. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even hosts family-style meals on Sundays. The hotel's sleek, cozy style translates seamlessly from the restaurant and lobby area to the guest rooms. Each guest room is outfitted with Scandinavian-style furniture and deep, neutral tones and comes equipped with a minibar, a flat-screen TV, a Keurig coffee maker and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Those looking to stay fit on vacation can exercise in the 24-hour fitness center or walk to the Guthrie Theater, the Stone Arch Bridge, U.S. Bank Stadium and other nearby attractions. However, for a hotel that doesn't require much walking or driving, guests advise choosing a property located closer to the city center. Elliot Park remains a preferred choice for Marriott Bonvoy members, though, as they can earn and redeem points by staying here.
- View all PhotosSheraton Duluth HotelDuluth, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Past guests loved that the Sheraton Duluth Hotel is located within walking distance of the downtown waterfront and several major healthcare buildings, making it the perfect retreat for those in town for both business travelers and leisure-seekers. Those who belong to the Marriott Rewards program and can take advantage of benefits, including upgraded rooms, complimentary continental breakfast and free access to the on-site fitness center. All guests can enjoy an indoor pool and whirlpool, an on-site restaurant and a lounge. Accommodations feature free Wi-Fi access and flat-screen TVs with complimentary premium channels. The hotel offers free parking, but it is off-site. Recent guests have complained about sub-par room features, but hotel staff notes that plans for a renovation are underway.
- View all PhotosMarriott Rochester Mayo ClinicRochester, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Located in downtown Rochester, Minnesota, the Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area is connected to the Mayo Clinic via pedestrian walkways and a skyway. The 202 guest rooms include minifridges, desks, free Wi-Fi, microwaves and bathrooms with tubs, showers and bathrobes, though several recent guests reported issues with the plumbing. There are numerous dining options within walking distance, but if you prefer to stay in the hotel, you can opt for room service or Salute Wine Bar & More, which serves Italian fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Additional on-site amenities include a solarium, fitness center, indoor pool and sauna. Marriott Rewards members have special access to the hotel's Club Lounge, which offers free daily breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres. Members can also accrue or redeem points for their stay.
- View all PhotosMinneapolis Marriott WestSt. Louis Park, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Minneapolis Marriott West is a 3.5 star hotel located at 9960 Wayzata Boulevard in Minneapolis - St. Paul. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 336 reviews.
- View all PhotosFour Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis AirportRichfield, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport is a 3.5 star hotel located at 7745 Lyndale Avenue S in Minneapolis - St. Paul. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 706 reviews.
- View all PhotosMarriott Minneapolis City CenterMinneapolis, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel ClassWith smiling staff members and clean rooms, the Marriott Minneapolis City Center has its bases covered. Accommodations are spacious and feature amenities like iPod docking stations and Internet access (for a fee), while business travelers will find a wealth of professional services and more than 42,000 square feet of meeting space. Recent visitors rave about the on-site Northern Shores Grill and friendly staff, but are not happy with the hotel's pricey parking fees. The hotel's location, on the other hand, is extraordinary: You'll find yourself just a few blocks from the Nicollet Mall retail area, as well as the city's trendy Warehouse district. This Marriott property's prime real estate and high-reaching stature lead to spectacular views from rooms on the higher floors.
- View all PhotosMarriott Minneapolis SouthwestMinnetonka, MN3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel ClassMarriott Minneapolis Southwest is a 3.5 star hotel located at 5801 Opus Pkwy in Minneapolis - St. Paul. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 367 reviews.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.