- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel ClassLocated on the southern fringes of Chinatown, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco earns high praise from recent guests, who say that the hotel makes for a convenient choice for both business and leisure travelers. The rooms here are dressed in blue and white and Frette linens, as well as a variety of high-end amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, coffee makers and high-speed internet access. Visitors to this property will also have access to the in-house Spa L'OCCITANE by the Bay and its full list of treatments, as well as the raved-about contemporary Californian cuisine served at Parallel 37. But for many guests, the highlight of staying here was the exceptional level of customer service they received. Visitors say that the employees were friendly and respectful, providing an overall feeling of being treated like royalty (though you may have to shell out like royalty to stay here). Plus, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosThe St. Regis San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.6 miles to city center
5.0-star Hotel Class
This modern masterpiece of a hotel in San Francisco's SoMa neighborhood features 214 guest rooms and suites, all equipped with rainforest showers, minibars and several flat-screen TVs. Accommodations here are exceptionally roomy, but if you want to spread out, book a Metropolitan Suite, which boasts about 1,000 square feet of space. Travelers rave about the digs here, but what they especially enjoy about this St. Regis property is its location (near a number of the city's most popular attractions), its modern decor and its friendly service staff. The contemporary American cuisine served at Grill also sits well with guests. Room rates here are high, but visitors believe the experience is worth the lofty price. And If you're a Marriott Bonvoy loyalty club member, you can use or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosPalace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.5 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel ClassThe Palace Hotel first welcomed guests in 1875 as the world's largest and most luxurious hotel. But the earthquake of 1906 destroyed the property; the building that stands now was constructed in 1909. Still, the Palace wins guests over with its historical charm: The lobby draws attention with marble floors and high ceilings, and the guest rooms house more contemporary furnishings (alongside amenities such as high-speed internet access). But to truly experience the Palace in all its timeless glory, sit down to afternoon tea underneath the glass ceiling and crystal chandeliers of the Garden Court. (For dinner, head to the Pied Piper Restaurant, which serves traditional American fare.) There's also an indoor pool and fitness center on-site, which is perfect for those looking to recharge. Guests love the luxurious interiors and appreciate the cozy guest rooms. The staff also get a thumbs up as well for their warm, welcoming attitudes. What's more, as a member of the Luxury Collection hotel family, the Palace gladly welcomes guests looking to pay with or earn rewards through the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- View all PhotosThe Westin St. FrancisSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassTowering over Union Square, the mammoth Westin St. Francis can be differentiated by its history (it first opened in the early 1900s). Visitors can choose to bed down in one of two areas: the Landmark Building or the Tower Building. Rooms in the Tower Building are more modern in style while rooms in the Landmark building retain a historic feel. No matter which building you're in, you'll find your accommodations outfitted with the Westin brand's signature Heavenly beds, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and high-speed internet access (for a fee). The Westin St. Francis is also home to The Oak Room Restaurant, previously a men's bar in the early 1900s, and the Clock Bar, located near the hotel's iconic grandfather clock. Today's travelers also have access to a 24-hour fitness center and a business center. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosJW Marriott San Francisco Union SquareSan Francisco, CA0.8 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting about a block west of Union Square, this JW Marriott places guests conveniently at the heart of San Francisco. From here, travelers only have to walk a few blocks to find a tram, cable car or BART train to take them to the city's top sights. Although some recent visitors said the downtown location often comes with noisy nights, guests mostly praised the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square for its friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Accommodations here come equipped with ergonomic work stations, flat-screen TVs and access to an on-site fitness center. Though the hotel is surrounded by a variety of neighborhood dining spots, previous guests suggested sitting down for dinner at the JW Marriott's Level III Restaurant, which serves shareable plates of California cuisine. What's more, this hotel rewards loyal patrons with free nights and other perks through the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- View all PhotosW San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassLike many W hotels, San Francisco's iteration is über-trendy, yet remarkably comfortable. Previous guests were pleased with the hotel's accommodations, which include pillow-top mattresses, goose-down bedding, flat-screen TVs and access to iPod shuffles and a variety of DVDs through the hotel's Whatever/Whenever program. The W San Francisco also provides pet beds, litter boxes and food bowls for those traveling with four-legged companions. In addition to its guest rooms, the W also has TRACE, a restaurant that serves socially conscious Californian cuisine. Sitting near the Yerba Buena Gardens in the SoMa neighborhood, this Marriott-affiliated hotel makes a great choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosSan Francisco Marriott MarquisSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassJust off Powell Street near the Yerba Buena Gardens, the San Francisco Marriott Marquis sits within easy reach of the city's transportation circuits (including the legendary cable cars), making it a good home base for visitors planning to cover a lot of ground. And when you need to take a load off, you'll find the Marriott's guest rooms cozy, with LCD TVs, pillow-top mattresses and high-speed Internet access. For a quick bite to eat, previous guests highly recommend grabbing a drink and some appetizers at The View Lounge. This rooftop restaurant's giant floor-to-ceiling windows give visitors expansive views of the bay. For something a little more filling, head to Bin 55 Restaurant for plates piled high with Continental cuisine. And should you need to burn some calories, this Marriott Marquis property houses a fitness center and an indoor pool (not to mention spa services). Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.
- View all PhotosPark Central Hotel San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassStanding tall above the SoMa neighborhood, the Park Central Hotel San Francisco wins guests over with magnificent views of the the surrounding city as well as the San Francisco Bay. And once they've fully absorbed the scenery from the floor-to-ceiling windows, visitors can turn their attention to the guest rooms. Although the room decor can only be described as standard, travelers say they felt welcome thanks to the comfy beds, turndown service and flat-screen TVs. Visitors are invited to stretch their legs in the on-site fitness center, and they can stretch their stomachs at MaSo, which serves dishes infused with organic and locally-sourced ingredients. Because of its Marriott family ties, the Park Central Hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- View all PhotosLe Méridien San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassNear the Embarcadero Center at the heart of the Financial District, Le Méridien San Francisco welcomes guests with top-notch service and superb city views. The Méridien also features snazzy yet spacious guest rooms with a brown and white color palate and flat-screen TVs, internet access and minibars. Previous visitors strongly recommended requesting a room on a higher floor with views of the Bay Bridge; you may have to cope with a slightly higher room rate, but travelers say the scenery is worth the extra coin. Despite Le Méridien's proximity to numerous neighborhood eateries, guests suggest sticking around the hotel come mealtime. Foodies will enjoy the in-house Park Grill, which serves upscale Californian cuisine for breakfast and lunch, as well as Bar 333, which services the evening hours with its Mediterranean bistro menu and extensive wine list. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosSan Francisco Marriott Union SquareSan Francisco, CA0.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassLocated one block north of Union Square, this Marriott hotel provides sightseers a convenient home base for exploring San Francisco. Business travelers will benefit from staying here, too: San Francisco Marriott Union Square houses more than 9,000 square feet of meeting space and provides a number of services to help promote productivity, including high-speed internet access and copy and fax facilities. Guests recommend booking a room on the higher levels for the views and lack of street noise, though some guests found them to be on the small side. The 30-floor hotel also features a well-appointed fitness center, but for those looking to skip the workout routine and indulge, Bin480 is the place to be. In addition to the tasty eats at the on-site restaurant, visitors are also quick to acknowledge the Marriott's friendly and helpful service staff. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.
- View all PhotosSan Francisco Airport Marriott WaterfrontBurlingame, CA13.4 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting about 15 miles south of downtown San Francisco in Burlingame, California, the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront wins over red-eye fliers with its convenience and reliability. Guests particularly appreciate the hotel's complimentary airport shuttle service, and the front desk staff is reportedly kind and helpful, regardless of what time of day you arrive. Travelers describe the rooms as clean and comfortable and recommend taking advantage of the location by booking a room with a view of the bay. Guests can also find a fitness center and indoor pool on-site, as well as the Hangar Steak restaurant and Starbucks. However, with all its perks, some guests couldn't help but feel irked by the extra charges for Wi-Fi and parking. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.
- View all PhotosHotel Adagio, Autograph CollectionSan Francisco, CA0.9 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassPerched on the southern fringes of Nob Hill, this stylish hotel boasts cool colors and a boutique atmosphere. Hotel Adagio bills itself as housing some of the largest guest rooms in downtown San Francisco, all of them clad in green and purple decor. Visitors were appreciative of in-suite amenities such as premium TV channels, honor bars and wireless internet access, though some guests cite lackluster customer service as turnoff. Business travelers are complimentary of Hotel Adagio's work-friendly amenities, which include a business center and plenty of meeting space. And the farm-to-table cuisine served in The Green Room earns favorable reviews. Because Hotel Adagio belongs to the Autograph Collection hotel family, this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- View all PhotosThe Westin San Francisco AirportMillbrae, CA13.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassLess than 3 miles southeast of San Francisco International Airport and about 15 miles south of downtown San Francisco, The Westin San Francisco Airport in Millbrae is a convenient jumping-off point for red-eye fliers. Each of its guest rooms comes with a flat-screen TV, 24-hour room service and white tea-scented bath amenities, and deluxe rooms offer views of the San Francisco Bay. Although most visitors report a comfortable stay, some note that the room decor –characterized by beige hues and crisp, white bedding – is starting to look a little tired. Internet access is also available throughout the hotel for an additional fee. Also on-site are a fully loaded fitness center and an expansive indoor swimming pool (complete with a hot tub). Come dinner time, Grill & Vine can satisfy your craving for classic American cuisine. And when you need to catch your flight, you can take the complimentary shuttle. Recent guests with cars, however, groan about the hotel's nightly parking fee. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosSheraton Fisherman's Wharf HotelSan Francisco, CA1.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassIt's easy to see why this Sheraton hotel would be a hit with leisure travelers (families especially): Just a few blocks from the hustle and bustle of Fisherman's Wharf, this property sits within walking distance of many San Francisco must-sees, including the Musée Mechanique, Pier 39 and the ferries to Alcatraz. But location isn't the only thing recent guests rave about – the customer service here earns high praise. As far as rooms go, the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf offers visitors plenty of space to kick back and take a load off. Rooms are dressed in bright turquoise and yellow hues, and each one comes with a flat-screen TV, the brand's signature Sweet Sleeper bed and high-speed internet access (for a fee). But be warned: previous guests say that street noise can quickly ruin a good night's sleep, so make sure to request a room away from the streets. When you're not out on the town, take a dip in the heated outdoor pool or work up a sweat at the fitness center. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosMarriott San Francisco Fisherman's WharfSan Francisco, CA1.3 miles to city center
3.5-star Hotel Class
Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf is a 3.5 star hotel located at 1250 Columbus Ave in San Francisco. It has a 4.0 overall guest rating based on 1773 reviews.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.