- View all PhotosVancouver Island, BCTripAdvisor (149)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreExclusiveness, luxury and gorgeous backcountry surroundings are just a couple of advantages to staying at this remote compound in Clayoquot Sound on the western coast of Vancouver Island. Accessible only by sea plane or boat from nearby Tofino, Clayoquot Wilderness Resort introduces "glamping" (or glamorous camping) to travelers across the globe. Unwind in one of 25 upscale tents, several of which include en-suite bathrooms with heated floors and indoor/outdoor showers. All accommodations include single Adirondack-style, king-size beds. Prices for this lodge, though steep, are all-inclusive (excluding spa treatments). Coastal cuisine is on the menu at the resort's restaurant. Recent visitors offer glowing reviews not only for the resort's gastronomy, but also for its accommodations, service and activities. If you're looking to unwind, consider scheduling a treatment at the Healing Grounds Spa. And if you're in the mood for adventure, you'll find an abundance of outdoor pursuits like hiking, fishing, archery and wildlife-watching.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- View all PhotosVancouver, BC1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2195)Free WiFiRead MoreAccording to recent guests, the best part about staying in the downtown Wedgewood Hotel & Spa –which is just steps away from Robson Street's high-end shops – is the impeccable service. Travelers describe the staff at this Relais & Châteaux property as especially attentive, gracious and personable. Visitors also gush over the well-appointed rooms, which are outfitted with complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, Nespresso coffee machines and more. The spacious bathrooms, which boast Frette towels, marble accents, deep-soaking tubs and L'Occitane toiletries, also receive a nod of approval from guests. For a little extra pampering, head to the on-site spa or the award-winning Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge. Guests describe the restaurant's ambiance as elegant and serene, and the food as delicious.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreOverlooking an untamed strip of Pacific coast on Vancouver Island (about 195 miles northwest of Victoria), the Wickaninnish Inn is a Relais & Châteaux luxury amid the pines. Guests adore this hotel's rugged setting and isolated locale. All guest rooms boast ocean views, and include balconies, fireplaces, soaker tubs and heated flooring in the bathrooms. Guests can dine on fine, locally-sourced fare at The Pointe Restaurant for brunch and dinner while the Driftwood Café features drinks such as coffee and smoothies, snacks and lunch options. For a bit of relaxation, hotel guests suggest heading to Ancient Cedars Spa, which offers treatments like West Coast Sacred Sea body wraps, or grabbing a drink at sundown at the On The Rocks Bar.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreA getaway at this Relais & Chateâux property isn't cheap, but previous guests say the Sonora Resort offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The resort sits on Sonora Island, which is accessible from Vancouver (about 120 miles southeast) by seaplane or water taxi. This part of the Pacific archipelago is famous for its salmon, and Sonora provides everything avid anglers need, including boats, equipment and fishing guides (for a fee). The secluded locale also lends itself to a bevy of other outdoor activities like wildlife viewing, hiking and kayaking. The accommodations aren't too shabby either: Rooms are spread out across several lodges. Accommodations in the Marine Lodge extend over the water. For more views, indulge in a treatment at the oceanside Island Currents Spa or a meal at the on-site restaurant, the Tyee Dining Room (remember: all meals and drinks are included in your nightly rate). Visitors say the service and locally sourced plates are sublime.5.0-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosSalt Spring Island, BCTripAdvisor (266)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreFollowing suit with other Relais & Châteaux properties, Hastings House Country House Hotel pampers guests with lavish amenities. And with a variety of treatments available at the Wellspring Spa and gorgeous views overlooking British Columbia's Salt Spring Island, Hastings House particularly caters to those seeking secluded relaxation. But what truly seals the deal for previous visitors isn't the property's inspiring setting; it's the gracious staff that goes above and beyond to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. Hastings House offers numerous room packages, many of which include meals in the main dining room and The Verandah or massages at the spa. Recent guests recommend the Romantic Escape package, which comes with a picnic for two and a 60-minute couples massage, among other extras. At night, cozy up in your tranquil cottage or suite, many of which come with a soaking tub, a fireplace and a porch or balcony.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.