- View all PhotosRancho Santa Fe, CATripAdvisor (363)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAbout a 30-minute drive north of San Diego, Rancho Valencia is a little off the beaten path. But that's why people love it. This Relais & Châteaux property brims with carefully manicured greenery on top of plenty of amenities and activities to woo any type of traveler. Visitors are complimentary of the respectful, thoughtful staff while guest rooms stun for their aesthetic. Accommodations here exude a Mediterranean ambiance with hacienda-style architecture, hardwood furnishings and colorful design accents, as well as deep-soaking tubs and private balconies or patios. For pampering, Rancho Valencia's spa offers indulgences such as herb-infused body wraps and a variety of massage therapies. The delicious cuisine served at the on-site Veladora restaurant complements the serene environment.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read More
This all-inclusive resort in Barnard, Vermont, wows guests with its tranquil atmosphere, ample amenities and impeccable service. Situated nearly 80 miles southeast of Burlington, Twin Farms sits on 300 forested acres and offers just 20 rooms. Lodgers can explore the adults-only property via the resort's bevy of activities, whether it's downhill skiing on Twin Farms' six groomed trails or canoeing across the on-site Copper Pond. What's more, all activities are covered by the resort's all-inclusive rate, along with a host of other amenities, including all meals and alcoholic beverages, Wi-Fi access and evening bonfires with s'mores. Other on-site features include a spa and fitness center, tennis courts and bicycles – perfect for exploring the nearby town of Woodstock. Along with the bountiful activities, reviewers were also impressed with the accommodations, which range from rooms in the Main House to multi-level cottages. No matter which lodging type you choose, you'll find your digs outfitted with at least one fireplace, a fully stocked refrigerator, satellite TV and a selection of games, movies, music and puzzles. While recent visitors raved about the experience of staying at Twin Farms, they also warned that there is a high price to pay for this luxurious seclusion.Free WiFi
- Read MoreSitting at the base of Aspen Mountain on the southern edge of town, The Little Nell caters to snow junkies with on-site services such as a Ski Concierge team (who can secure everything from lift tickets to ski rentals) and an equipment storage center. However, guests say that the hotel's proximity to powder isn't the only reason to book. The Little Nell's two in-house restaurants – element47 and Ajax Tavern – earn high praise for their artfully prepared plates, and the hotel spa is ideal for post-skiing relaxation. Although you won't be spending much time indoors, you can look forward to resting up in a spacious and inviting guest room, surrounded by warm, soothing cream-colored hues, a gas fireplace, a well-stocked minibar and a flat-screen TV. And, like they do at The Little Nell's sister property, the Ojai Valley Inn in California, recent guests give the customer service two thumbs up, saying that the hotel's employees were some of the nicest they'd ever met.Free WiFi
- View all PhotosSanta Fe, NM0.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (705)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreUnlike other hotels in Santa Fe, New Mexico, The Inn of the Five Graces does not try to steep you in Southwestern culture. Rather, guests here are transported to the Eastern Hemisphere: The decor includes imported treasures from the Middle East and Asia, including tapestries and mosaic tiles. Previous visitors favorably described their rooms as cozy, exotic and bursting with color, praising the hotel's harmonious mélange of atmosphere and amenities (including complimentary Wi-Fi access). The same enticing combination can be found at the spa, where treatments are inspired by Tibetan and East Indian traditions. The hotel also excels in customer service; many travelers describe the staff as helpful and remark on the delicious breakfast waiting for them in the dining room, in the courtyard or even in their personal suites. Though breakfast is included in your room rate, you will have to pay for dinner at 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar (but guests insist that the French flavors are worth the relatively steep menu prices). And though you might feel worlds away at this Relais & Châteaux property, you're actually just a few blocks from the Plaza.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosWashington, VATripAdvisor (580)Free BreakfastFree ParkingRead MoreAs one of the most decorated hotels in Virginia, The Inn at Little Washington has a lot to live up to. But by most traveler reports, The Inn exceeds expectations. This intimate Relais & Châteaux property receives continual praise for its romantic atmosphere, exceptional service and top-notch accommodations (some include imported furnishings from Europe, four-poster beds, wood-burning fireplaces, hand-painted tiles and private balconies, among other features). Previous visitors also rave about the The Inn's popular cuisine (served under the tutelage of the proprietor and head chef, Patrick O'Connell). There is one drawback, however: Staying at The Inn comes attached to a hefty price tag. Also, keep in mind that accommodations aren't available on Tuesdays. You'll have to save your pennies to enjoy all that this Blue Ridge Mountain-adjacent property provides. If you're invited into Relais & Châteaux's prestigious Club 5C, you're eligible for free perks by choosing to stay here.Free BreakfastFree Parking
- Read MoreSitting on 250 acres in quaint St. Helena, California, Meadowood Napa Valley resort automatically wins guests over with its serene landscape and isolation. The guest room decor embodies a rustic elegance, with cottage-like beamed ceilings, private terraces and, in most rooms, fireplaces. Although the cost of a stay here is admittedly steep, many travelers feel the exceptional service and on-site activities, such as croquet, tennis and golf, make the expense worthwhile. Guests will also find several pools and an extensive fitness center here. Meanwhile, those who splurged on a treatment at the on-site spa certainly didn't regret it, nor did they have second thoughts about repeat meals at The Restaurant. Should you stay at the Meadowood, you'll be close to the Castello di Amorosa Winery and Schramsberg Vineyards, both of which offer exceptional tours and tastings.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreYou'll feel like you stepped back in time once you've stayed at the Ocean House's classic New England retreat. This historic resort has been lovingly restored to its original design, down to window placements and interior wall hues. But recent guests don't visit for nostalgia's sake. Rather, they come for the courteous and attentive service staff and the secluded feel of the resort's grounds and beach. They also come for the luxurious accommodations, equipped with high-end amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, wooden furnishings and luxury toiletries. Recent guests also reported returning year after year to indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments at OH! Spa and to treat their taste buds to award-winning cuisine and signature cocktails at Ocean House's several dining venues (though many visitors said that food was expensive here). You'll find the Ocean House located in Watch Hill on the south coast of Rhode Island, about 40 miles south of Newport.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreThis art deco-beaux arts boutique hotel sits on Manhattan's posh Upper East Side, tempting travelers to indulge in mouthwatering cuisine at Café Boulud, stroll around the property's private rooftop garden and sleep soundly in the cozy, intimate accommodations. Each of The Surrey's salons and suites comes appointed with extravagant extras, such as an iPod docking station, a sleek flat-screen TV, deluxe Sferra bedding and even a fireplace and private terrace (in select rooms). Most recent visitors praised The Surrey's location and ambiance, noting it exudes a true New York City experience rather than a touristy one. Past guests noted the prices are high, but many said the hotel's plush guest rooms and gracious staff made the cost worthwhile.
- Read MoreThe Triple Creek Ranch – located in the small, western Montana town of Darby – boasts an atmosphere that caters specifically to lovebirds. This adults-only resort features 12 different types of private cabins, each of which sports a wood-burning fireplace, a king-sized bed and easy access to hot tubs. But just because you can spend most of your time in your cabin doesn't mean you should. Recent guests loved the amorous atmosphere found in the Main Lodge and the tasty food at the restaurant, as well as the variety of activities available on the property (such as horseback riding, hiking, dog sledding and fly-fishing). For a more relaxing time, book an in-room massage or lounge by Triple Creek's pool. Just note that room rates here are pretty pricey, but you can breathe easy knowing that meals, drinks and select activities are included. And because this is a Relais & Châteaux property, Club 5C members can take advantage of the loyalty program perks here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAccording to recent guests, The Lodge at Sea Island is Southern luxury at its finest. While staying here, travelers will have access to championship golf courses and multiple top-notch restaurants. After a day spent golfing or on the beach, guests can kick back in rooms that are outfitted with Oriental rugs, spacious bathrooms with deep-soaking tubs and rain-head showers as well as butler service. If you're having trouble deciding between The Lodge and its sister property, The Cloister at Sea Island, keep in mind that the latter often sees more families. On the other hand, previous guests say that the smaller Lodge's quieter ambiance might better suit couples. Another perk for romance-seekers is the on-site restaurant, Colt & Alison, which serves up prime cuts of beef and fresh seafood in an intimate atmosphere. The resort sits on the southern tip of Sea Island, Georgia, about 86 miles south of Savannah.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreOne of the most celebrated hotels in all of Tennessee, Blackberry Farm has mastered Southern hospitality and impresses couples, groups and families alike. A working farm, Blackberry earns plenty of praise for its fresh cuisine and expansive wine list at the on-site dining venues, The Barn and The Dogwood. Recent guests are also bowled over with the considerate front desk staff, and the renovated spa is a standout thanks to its relaxing treatments. Accommodations range from historic rooms to multi-bedroom houses. Book a spot in one of the Hill Cottages to be treated to some indoor-outdoor fireplaces and vaulted ceilings. And because Blackberry Farm is a member of the Relais & Châteaux brand, Club 5C members can enjoy free perks by choosing to bed down here. You'll find this hotel in Walland, Tennessee, within view of the majestic Smoky Mountains and about 200 miles east of Nashville and 30 miles south of Knoxville.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreHotel Wailea in Maui, Hawaii, stretches across 15 acres of expertly manicured tropical gardens. Offering just 72 suites, this adults-only hotel's calling card is its secluded atmosphere and its spacious lodging options (rooms measure 720 square feet). All suites have separate bedrooms and living areas, plus furnished lanais (balconies), kitchenettes, deep soaking tubs and Wi-Fi access. Venture out of your room to explore the grounds and partake in activities like canoeing, kiteboarding and yoga. When it's time to cool off, take a dip in the outdoor pool. Although Hotel Wailea is removed from the beach, the hotel arranges complimentary shuttle services to and from Wailea Beach, where guests have access to lounge chairs, umbrellas and bottled water. And if you're hoping to stay on the beach for lunch, the hotel's restaurant will prepare and pack a picnic for you. The property's AAA Four Diamond Award-winning restaurant, called The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, wins favor from visitors for its Mediterranean-inspired dishes. Recent guests add that with its relaxed and quiet atmosphere, this hotel makes for an ideal couples getaway. The only drawback for some travelers is the added daily resort fee.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreThis rustic lodge set on the shore of Lake Placid in the Adirondacks is stunning inside and out, according to recent guests. Typical of most Relais & Châteaux properties, accommodations are exquisitely designed with rustic objets d'art, custom-made beds crafted from tree limbs and the occasional private balcony overlooking the waterfront. And then there are the hotel's romantic cabins, which offer couples a more secluded (but still lavish) retreat. Travelers love dining at Artisans Restaurant and Maggie's Pub, but are split on service. Some said the hotel staff members go above and beyond to provide first-rate service, while others encountered slow dinner service and less-than-impressive wait staff during recent stays.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPittsboro, NCTripAdvisor (281)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreGuests love this hotel's proximity to the local boutique shops and restaurants of Fearrington Village, which is about 35 miles west of Raleigh, North Carolina. But you don't have to stray far from The Fearrington House Inn to have a good time. Surrounded by manicured gardens and rolling pastures, the Spa at Fearrington is an ideal hideout for R&R-seekers staying at the 32-room inn. And if you're looking for a little romance, guests highly recommend dining at The Fearrington House restaurant, which serves up savory portions of local cuisine. Visitors also extol the inn's attention to detail, noting that each guest room features its own iteration of Southern decor alongside amenities like 300-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, Molton Brown bath products, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi access and fresh flowers. Additional perks that guests of this hotel receive include complimentary breakfast, and port wine along with homemade chocolates at turndown.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreSitting smack-dab in the heart of downtown, this beautiful hotel claims to be the "heart and soul of Historic Charleston." And guests agree, citing the homey atmosphere and Southern charm as major reasons to stay here. Decked out in beautifully carved furniture accented by rich neutrals and cozy curtains, Planters Inn exudes an Old World aura, but it also embraces modern standards of luxury. The hotel offers nightly turndown service (with macarons and a weather card to help plan your next-day activities) and spacious Italian marble baths. And you can enjoy some true low country cooking at the on-site Peninsula Grill. This Relais Chateaux property lacks some amenities, such as a fitness center, but what its missing in convenience it makes up for in elegant design and top-notch service.
- Read More
Outdoor enthusiasts will feel at home at The Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Montana. Divided into three categories – Signature Experiences, Trail Adventures and Traditions – on-site activities range from winter sports like ice skating and snowmobiling to warm weather pursuits like horseback riding and archery. Travelers can also bowl, play billiards or shuffleboard, participate in complimentary yoga classes or enjoy a spa treatment. For meals, the ranch offers two restaurants, the upscale Granite Lodge and the casual, seasonal Blue Canteen. Specialty dinners and s'mores are also provided during the warmer months. After filling up on gourmet fare, visitors can retreat to one of the ranch's accommodations. Standard rooms feature rustic decor and come with perks like minifridges or minibars, bathrobes and loaner cruisers or mountain bikes. For additional space, travelers can reserve one of the cabins, barn rooms or luxury homes. Previous guests described their experiences as "amazing" and "magical" but warned that a stay here is expensive. However, room rates include all meals and drinks, activities and round-trip transfers to select airports. Guests at this Relais & Châteaux property are also charged a separate "Ranch Fee," which is 20 percent of the reservation total and includes staff gratuities, Wi-Fi access and daily snacks and beverages.5.0-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreNestled amid the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina, the Old Edwards Inn and Spa evokes a European lodge, complete with an exposed stone and brick facade, cozy fireplaces and Victorian-era furnishings. There are several lodging options to choose from: The Inn features spacious guest rooms with large, four-poster canopy beds and antique furniture, while the cottages' rustic designs – complete with multiple rooms and private porches – are ideal for families. Previous guests rave about on-site amenities like the Acorns boutique (specializing in antique home decor), The Spa at Old Edwards and the challenging course at Old Edwards Golf Club. Visitors also can't get enough of the farm-to-table cuisine at Madison's restaurant. What's more, recent guests say the staff members are fantastic, noting that their kindness and willingness to help went a long way.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosLexington, MATripAdvisor (227)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead More
Located in historic Lexington, Massachusetts, the Inn at Hastings Park is just steps away from where the first shots of the American Revolutionary War were fired on the Lexington Battle Green. Lexington, only 15 miles northwest of Boston, is also home to numerous shops and restaurants and is part of the Minuteman Bikeway, an 11-mile trail that runs throughout the neighboring towns. The Inn's guest rooms are spread out across three restored buildings and include fireplaces, Frette towels and robes, blankets woven on Maine looms, flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. A complimentary breakfast at Artistry on the Green restaurant is also included in the nightly room rate, as is parking and daily coffee service. Recent visitors loved the spacious rooms, tasty cuisine, convenient location and the friendly and accommodating staff. The Inn is also a member of Relais & Châteaux, so Club 5C members can redeem or accrue points by choosing to stay here.
- Read MoreIn the small western Massachusetts town of Lenox, the Blantyre property rises elegantly from a green grass lawn. The property's Main House, cottages and Carriage House feature intricate moldings, magnificent fireplaces and rich colors on the walls. Accommodations are outfitted in unique decor (no two rooms look the same) and many include working fireplaces. Guests say they felt like royalty during their stays: The service surpasses all expectations, the food is impressive, the spa offers luxurious treatments and the grounds are spread out for your own strolling pleasure. But buyers beware: This regal extravagance doesn't come cheap. However, those who take part in Relais & Châteaux's exclusive Club 5C program are eligible for benefits, such as room upgrades.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MorePerfectly situated in the heart of Carmel, California, and just a 15-minute walk to Carmel Beach, L'Auberge Carmel, charms guests with its intimate luxury. With only 20 rooms, this Relais & Châteaux property appeals to travelers looking for an experience more akin to that provided by a bed-and-breakfast without sacrificing the amenities – like in-room spa services and the gourmet California cuisine served at Aubergine – found at a deluxe hotel. Guest rooms here all feature unique decor, but no matter which accommodation you occupy, you'll be treated to down bedding, soaking tubs and iPod docking stations. Previous visitors raved about the hotel's European influence, though some wished the small property had more on-site amenities.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreGuests have been coming to the Weekapaug Inn for a quiet, secluded getaway since it opened in 1899. A member of Relais & Chateâux, the hotel attracts guests to the peninsula on Quonochontaug Pond for the views, but according to recent visitors, they return because of the helpful staff and unexpected amenities. Guests can relax on the 2 miles of private beach, take a scenic tour around the large pond with the staff naturalist or use the complimentary cruiser bikes to explore Weekapaug. Visitors who would rather stay close by can take a dip in the lap pool (open seasonally), play lawn games like squash or work up a sweat in the fitness center. When it's time to sleep, accommodations include vintage pieces from the original Weekapaug Inn, a guest pantry with free snacks and complimentary Wi-Fi access. For many, the highlight of the inn is the restaurant. Previous visitors applauded not only the service, but the outstanding food. Visitors also note they were impressed by the level of service, saying that each staff member ensured that no detail was overlooked. You can find the Weekapaug Inn about 50 miles southwest of Providence, Rhode Island.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAmid Maine's Victorian-style bed-and-breakfasts, the Camden Harbour Inn stands apart with its sleek interior furnishings and top-notch amenities (including flat-screen TVs, rainfall showers and in some cases private balconies and gas fireplaces). And that's not all this coastal retreat has to offer: The hotel's award-winning Natalie's restaurant serves up local Maine fare and the tranquil spa offers a wide range of replenishing treatments. Recent guests say this inn sets the bar in excellence – from its exquisite setting to its exceptionally attentive staff. You'll find this Relais & Châteaux retreat just steps from downtown Camden, conveniently located near a small beach, boutique shops and other recreational facilities.
- View all PhotosNewport, RI3.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (827)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreOnce a summer "cottage" to a wealthy scientist and explorer, Castle Hill Inn is now one of the most exclusive collections of accommodations in Newport. The Inn and surrounding beach cottages are decorated with an aristocratic charm typical of the seaport's mansions, with perks like a private beach and complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea. Cottages feature cool blue, green and yellow tones reflective of the natural seaside setting and come furnished with high-end amenities, like plush linens and rainfall shower heads. But what continually wins over guests are the scenes of Narragansett Bay and the surrounding coastline. Recent visitors say the vistas are best enjoyed from the Inn's Adirondack chairs perched on the lawn. Previous guests also rave about the delectable cuisine served at The Dining Room. The only potential drawback lies in the location. The Castle Hill Inn sits about 5 miles outside of town, so you'll need a car if you're planning lots of sightseeing. On the upside, if you are a member of Relais & Châteaux's Club 5C, you're eligible for free perks, such as complimentary room upgrades.
- View all PhotosWest Townshend, VTTripAdvisor (257)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreTucked away in southern Vermont's Green Mountains, the Windham Hill Inn serves as a cozy oasis for powder-hounds and nature-lovers alike. This serene 22-room property is part of the acclaimed Relais & Châteaux hotel collection and earns high praise from guests for the unique European-inspired culinary delights served at the inn's on-site restaurant. The hotel also pleases guests with its intimate, tranquil spa setting. Even if you don't indulge in a lavish massage, take advantage of the luxurious amenities in your suite, including terry bathrobes and Casswell & Massey or Molton Brown toiletries. Some accommodations even come with private porches, kitchens and fireplaces. Recent visitors said the hotel's spectacular scenery and superb staff made their stays particularly special.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read More
It's easy to see how Canoe Bay earned its reputation as one of the most romantic hotels in the world: This Relais & Châteaux property in Chetek, Wisconsin, caters specifically to couples. You can pick from several different lodging options – from standard rooms to spacious villas and private cottages – which sprawl across the 300-acre wooded estate. All accommodations feature beautiful views, as well as stone fireplaces, furnished decks and whirlpools big enough for two. As for activities, there's canoeing, fishing and boating on the lake, as well as hiking trails and horse-drawn carriage rides. And when you need to wind down, book an in-room massage or cozy up with a good book in the library. Meanwhile, the Dining Room asks that you don smart casual attire for a romantic gourmet meal. Although the room rates here might make you cringe, recent visitors said the property's elegant atmosphere, friendly staff members and romantic setting make it worth it. What's more, loyal Relais & Châteaux guests can take advantage of perks through the Club 5C rewards program.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.