- #1View all PhotosDublin0.4 miles to city center#1 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (4326)Read More
Although The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel is known among locals as a storied landmark, recent guests had very mixed reviews about the hotel. While a handful of travelers definitely enjoyed their time at this Marriott outpost, others noted poor customer service and dated rooms.. Some expressed frustration that they did not receive advance notice about the hotel’s construction, while others complained of inattentive service, especially at the restaurant and bar. Some guests found the rooms to be top-notch, with amenities like queen beds with pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, minibars, coffee makers and marble bathrooms. Others, though, thought the rooms were outdated, and several said their rooms were not ready when they arrived. Plus, some travelers complained that the rooms got too hot, even during the winter. Dining options include two restaurants that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and three bars and lounges that serve lunch and dinner in addition to a plethora of drinks. At the 1824 Bar, you can sample rare whiskey, while you can enjoy an afternoon tea at the Lord Mayor’s Lounge. Other on-site amenities include a fitness center with personal training services and fitness classes as well as an indoor infinity pool and spa with salon services. You can find The Shelbourne Dublin in the center of Dublin, right across the street from St. Stephen’s Green. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can use and earn points by choosing to stay here.5.0-star Hotel Class
- #2View all PhotosSan Juan#2 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (8129)Free WiFiRead MoreStylish and sleek, La Concha boasts striking ocean views from its perch along Condado Beach's sugary sands. But La Concha's position on Puerto Rico's northeastern shoreline isn't the only reason this Renaissance outpost earns high praise from recent guests. Rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious (albeit slightly dated in some areas). Standard amenities include 37-inch flat-screen TVs, walk-in showers, iPod docking stations and free Wi-Fi access. Past visitors also attribute a satisfactory stay to La Concha's plentiful entertainment options. Sun-seekers can sprawl along the beach, while history buffs can head less than 4 miles northwest to explore Old San Juan. Still craving more action? Test your luck at the on-site casino or invigorate your taste buds at one of six restaurants. Cuisine options range from American to Italian to Japanese. If you participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program, you can earn or redeem points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #3View all PhotosLondon, GB1.6 miles to city center#3 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (3968)Free WiFiRead More
If you're after exceptional service and classic English charm, consider staying at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London. Originally opened in 1873 as a hotel for visitors arriving and departing from the attached St Pancras International rail station, this Renaissance outpost features towering spires, arched entryways and a double staircase with wrought iron balustrades. Common areas like the Booking Office restaurant and Hansom Lounge showcase the property's historic roots, while guest rooms offer classic interiors complete with flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, robes and slippers and water replenished daily. Once you're ready to explore London, pop next door to King's Cross rail station (where the 9 3/4 platform from the "Harry Potter" series is located) before hopping on the Tube at King's Cross St Pancras station. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, know that you can earn and redeem points at this property.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- #4View all PhotosSt. Petersburg, FL#4 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (2085)Read MorePicturesquely positioned on St. Petersburg, Florida's beautiful waterfront, The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club has elegant and anchored boats in its sights. Travelers say the hotel's interior is just as beautiful. Guest rooms have marble bathrooms, pillow-top mattresses and minibars. And the service fares well with recent lodgers. Visitors say the staff is friendly and accommodating, especially at the front desk. While the hotel sits approximately 23 miles from Tampa, recent guests say there's no need to leave St. Petersburg for fun to-dos: the resort enjoys access to the 18-hole Vinoy Golf Club as well as tennis courts. Travelers also heap praise on this Renaissance's restaurants, especially Marchand's Bar & Grill. On the other hand, visitors note that a stay here will set you back a pretty penny. But Marriott Bonvoy members can use or earn points here for additional perks.
- #5View all PhotosDenver, CO0.4 miles to city center#5 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (597)Read MoreHoused in the former Colorado National Bank building, the Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel impresses guests with its stunning architecture and elegant decor. While the lobby and public areas of this Renaissance outpost were modeled after the original building, the hotel's rooms are more modern and feature flat-screen TVs, minifridges and free Wi-Fi access. Travelers praised the guest rooms for their overall comfort and spaciousness. Recent guests were also complimentary of the on-site eatery, Range, which serves "new American west cuisine" with ingredients inherent to the Rocky Mountain region. The lobby Teller Bar also received high praise for its awesome setting and cocktails. And thanks to the hotel's central downtown location, more eateries and bars are within easy walking distance of the property, according to recent visitors. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn and redeem points at this Denver hotel.
- #7View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center#7 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1985)Read MoreSitting on the northern fringes of the Loop (near Chicago's theater district), the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel is a popular choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Less than a block from the State/Lake Station – which connects to the Green, Purple, Brown, Orange and Pink "L" train lines – the hotel's primo location makes it easy to explore beyond your digs. On top of its convenience, guests were also impressed with their stay at this Renaissance property. Visitors love the large amount of space in the stylish and comfortable guest rooms thanks to amenities like flat-screen TVs, designer linens and excellent city views (many recommend requesting a room facing the river). Additionally, the hotel features an indoor swimming pool and a fitness center. The customer service also leaves a good impression, with travelers saying that the staff were very friendly. But guests are quick to complain about the high cost of parking here, which will add $69 a day to your final bill, as well as the noise in rooms overlooking the "L" train line tracks. The in-house restaurant also gets knocked for its prices, though travelers do say the food is good. Those looking to save can use Marriott Bonvoy points to cover the cost of their room.
- #8View all PhotosSanto Domingo#8 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (990)Free ParkingRead MoreSituated in the bustling Malecon, the Marriott-affiliated Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino offers a convenient location for travelers looking to explore Santo Domingo's contemporary neighborhood. Visitors appreciate the updated decor and say the hotel makes for a comfortable stay. Rooms feature plush bedding, Aveda toiletries and, in select accommodations, views of the Caribbean Sea. But with all of the other amenities, you may not need to spend much time in your digs. Travelers say the pool is large, well-maintained and right across the street from the ocean. For a little more pampering, head to the spa. Or, if you're tempted to test Lady Luck, check out the on-site casino. After you work up an appetite, grab a bite at one of the hotel's two restaurants, Luna Bar & Restaurant and Sol Pool Lounge & Restaurant. The property also features a coffee shop with homemade gelato for those with sweet tooths. Recent guests' only complaint was the occasionally lackluster customer service. However, if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn or use points here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- #9View all PhotosOranjestad#9 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (5961)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSitting on 40 acres in Aruba, the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino caters to both couples and young families with its two distinctive areas: the adults-only Renaissance Marina Hotel and the kid-friendly Renaissance Ocean Suites. The adults-only Renaissance Marina Hotel features a casino (one of two at the property), a fitness center, an infinity pool and the Okeanos Spa. Meanwhile, Renaissance Ocean Suites boasts its own beach lagoon, outdoor pools and the Patamingo Kids Club. No matter which section of this Renaissance resort you stay at, you'll have access to six restaurants (plus a Starbucks and two bars), a private island with family and adults-only beaches, and the shops at the attached Renaissance Mall. Guest rooms and suites in both areas offer contemporary decor, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi access and private balconies or patios. Although some past guests said the room decor was a bit dated, many loved the private island, friendly staff and tasty cuisine. If you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you can use accrued points to pay for your stay.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- #10View all PhotosCastelvecchio Pascoli#10 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1329)Free WiFiRead MoreRenaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa is a 4 star hotel located at Via Giovanni Pascoli in Tuscany, Italy. It has a 4.5 overall guest rating based on 1329 reviews.
- #11View all PhotosProvidence, RI0.4 miles to city center#11 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1470)Read MoreThis uniquely designed property was originally intended as a Masonic temple, but it stood empty for nearly 80 years due to lack of funds during the Great Depression. Then Marriott gave the property a facelift, refashioning the building into a stylish hotel with contemporary furnishings. Some of the early design elements of the building are still preserved, like the marble columns and Masonic iconography on the tile flooring. The spacious guest rooms are furnished with upscale amenities, such as down comforters, feather pillows, marble bathrooms and minifridges. Though some recent guests bemoan the steep valet parking fees, most praise the hotel for its convenient location next to the State Capitol and hospitable front-desk and concierge staff. If you're signed up for the Marriott Bonvoy program, you're eligible to receive extra perks like complimentary stays by choosing to stay here.
- #12View all PhotosCalmar, CA#12 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (673)Free WiFiRead More
Located inside Edmonton International Airport, the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel offers travelers a place to hang their hat before or after a flight. In fact, this hotel is the only Renaissance in the world attached to an airport terminal, meaning you'll have access to an array of shops and eateries without having to leave the building. What's more, a golf course and a dog park sit less than 5 miles away, and downtown Edmonton, Alberta's theaters, restaurants and boutiques can be found about 20 miles to the north. Back at the property, there's a fitness center, an indoor pool, nearly 10,000 square feet of event space and a Starbucks. For more substantial meals, the hotel has Halo Bar and Bistro, which serves casual bistro fare. Recent diners raved about the restaurant's food, citing the breakfasts as one of the highlights of their stays. The hotel's accommodations also stood out to past guests. Each space features a white color palette with modern accent walls, as well as soundproofed windows, a desk and Aveda toiletries. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you'll enjoy free Wi-Fi access while earning or redeeming points for stays.
- #13View all PhotosMontreal, CA0.3 miles to city center#13 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (437)Free WiFiRead More
Guests can rest easy knowing that they will be completely taken care of at the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel. That's because travelers consistently report unmatched service, praising staff members for their excellent recommendations, genuinely kind demeanor and ability to accommodate all lodgers' needs. Guests also thoroughly enjoyed this Marriott's enviable location in downtown Montreal. From the hotel, lodgers can easily reach top city attractions by foot, including Old Montreal and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (both a little more than a mile away). While there is plenty to do beyond the doorstep of this Renaissance, the hotel offers top-notch facilities and amenities of its own. Rooms, which receive compliments for their chic decor (think colorful accents, floor-to-ceiling murals and sleek, modern furnishings), come equipped with complimentary bottled water, Nespresso machines, minifridges and 48-inch LCD TVs. The hotel also boasts a fitness center, a seasonal rooftop plunge pool, a rooftop restaurant (AIR Rooftop Terrace) and EAST restaurant, which serves modern Asian cuisine. Another plus to bedding down here: If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you're eligible to earn and redeem perks and free nights for stays here.
- #14View all PhotosWillemstad#14 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (2294)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThis resort next to Riffort Village in Willemstad, Curacao, caters to business and leisure travelers with its ample amenities. Guests have access to a large meeting space, a fitness center, an outdoor infinity pool, a casino, a man-made beach and a jogging trail, among other amenities. For meals, the resort boasts the internationally focused Nautilus Restaurant, plus a beach bar with casual fare and a lobby bar with light bites and cocktails. Recent visitors loved the property's delectable (albeit expensive) cuisine and attentive service. However, some lamented the outdated room decor. Each accommodation comes equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV, a minifridge, a coffee maker and slippers and bathrobes. As a member of the Marriott family, this Renaissance property allows participating Marriott Bonvoy members to rack up or redeem points here.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- #15View all PhotosSchaumburg, IL#15 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (815)Free ParkingRead MoreYou'll find the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel on North Thoreau Drive in Schaumberg, Illinois, about 30 miles northwest of Chicago. Although this hotel is probably too far from the city for leisure travelers, those in town on business will find all their needs met. This Renaissance property boasts nearly 150,000 square feet of meeting space, not to mention a full-service business center. Many who have stayed here reported a good experience, praising the hotel for its quality customer service and ample amenities. Guest rooms offer contemporary decor and giant windows. Some guests were wary of a room facing the freeway, but they say that the windows are well insulated and keep noise out. You'll also find flat-screen TVs (including a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror) and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). This hotel also boasts a sizable fitness center, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Meanwhile, an in-house restaurant, which past guests say is pricey, as well as a cafe and a bar serve up a variety of dishes ranging from steaks to salads. What's more, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points here.Free Parking
- #16View all PhotosMobile, AL#16 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (944)Free WiFiRead MoreWhat stands out most about this Renaissance hotel compared to other Mobile, Alabama, properties is its downtown location. From the Battle House you can easily walk to the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center, Bienville Square and scenic Cooper Riverside Park. The hotel's 238 rooms and suites are outfitted in blue, red and gold decor, marble-clad bathrooms and LCD TVs. Recent guests loved strolling through the classic interiors of the hotel as well as the impeccable service. And if the weather is right, travelers highly recommend a dip at the rooftop pool. For dining, make sure to head to The Trellis Room restaurant, Mobile's only AAA Four Diamond restaurant. Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or apply points here.
- #17View all PhotosTampa, FL5.4 miles to city center#17 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1190)Free ParkingRead MoreThis Renaissance hotel boasts – and recent guests uphold – that it will place you near many top restaurants and shops. You'll find that you're enviably close to Tampa International Airport as well, which sits in the northwest part of Tampa, Florida. A lack of distinctly kid-friendly amenities may deter visiting families, but those in town for work swear by the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel's business services and meeting rooms. Accommodations are pretty typical of a Marriott-affiliated hotel: Rooms have plush bedding and marble bathrooms, and they are also outfitted with flat-screen TVs and high-speed internet (for an extra $12.95 per day). Recent guests described the rooms as spacious, well-appointed and clean, but they reserved most of their compliments for the friendly hotel staff. Visitors also praise the on-site Italian restaurant, Gabriella's Bistro, for its tasty, relatively affordable cuisine. While you're here, you'll also have access to the hotel pool and fitness center. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can use and earn points during your stay.Free Parking
- #18View all PhotosAtlanta, GA1 mile to city center#18 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1305)Read MoreResiding just a few blocks from the Georgia Institute of Technology and Piedmont Park and surrounded by top-notch eateries and nightlife options, this funky Renaissance hotel is a great place to experience everything this neighborhood has to offer. Each of the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown's guest rooms features its own unique decor – including colorful accent furniture and quirky modern art – and spectacular city vistas. Accommodations also come with creature comforts like flat-screen TVs, Aveda bath products (a guest favorite) and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). On-site amenities include a fitness center and Southern restaurant with a rooftop bar. According to recent guests, a visit to this hotel is worthwhile, citing the stylish rooms, unbeatable location and friendly staff as reason enough to return. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can accrue or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- #19View all PhotosPittsburgh, PA0.6 miles to city center#19 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (1886)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Renaissance Pittsburgh, located in Pittsburgh's Fulton Building that was constructed in 1906, is another one of the Steel City's historical hotels. But the hotel has kept up with the times: Guest rooms feature simple, yet elegant, furnishings and in-room amenities like flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and complimentary Wi-Fi. However, the Renaissance's locale is by far the best selling point among recent guests. Visitors love that Heinz Field, PNC Park and many of the city's most celebrated theaters are all within walking distance. If you do choose to stay on the property come meal time, dine at the well-regarded Braddock’s Rebellion. The only downside some previous visitors noted at this hotel was the pricey valet parking, and inconvenient drop-off and pick-up points for the vehicles. As a member of Marriott, this Renaissance property participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, allowing guests to earn and redeem points and perks at this hotel.
- #20View all PhotosNew York, NY0.7 miles to city center#20 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (2647)Read MoreTravelers appreciate this hotel's enviable location in Times Square, along with its close proximity to several subway stations. But that's not the only reason visitors choose to stay at the Renaissance New York Times Square. Recent guests highlight the hotel's sleek, modern decor and high-end amenities, like pillow-top mattresses, 37-inch flat-screen TVs and minifridges as major assets. This Marriott property also allows guests participating in the company's rewards program to earn or redeem perks, such as complimentary nights, for choosing to stay here. Plus, recent patrons praised the tasty cuisine and cocktails served at R Lounge at Two Times Square.
- #21View all PhotosNashville, TN0.2 miles to city center#21 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (3349)Read MoreYou'll find this hotel right across from the convention center on Commerce Street – it caters mostly to business travelers and conventioneers. Still, other visitors interested in touring the nearby Country Music Hall of Fame and seeing a show at the Ryman Auditorium might also find the Renaissance Nashville to be a good home base. Both business and leisure travelers alike enjoy this hotel's friendly staff and comfortable rooms, which come equipped with floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member you can cash in your accumulated points here or continue collecting points for future benefits.
- #22View all PhotosOrlando, FL#22 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (3923)Read MoreThis southwestern Orlando, Florida, hotel (located, as its name suggests, by SeaWorld), impresses visitors with its trendy atmosphere and proximity to popular theme parks. Plus, the hotel's guest rooms feature LCD flat-panel TVs, Aveda bath products and marble bathrooms. The rest of the hotel also earns a nod of approval from guests, who praise the hotel's lobby and compliment the flavorful (albeit pricey) cuisine at the in-house Mist Sushi and Spirits restaurant. This Renaissance property also boasts three other dining spots, a water park and an outdoor pool. And when you need to relax after a long day outdoors, you can make an appointment for a massage or a body scrub at the on-site nèu lotus spa. But for some guests, it's not the spa or the water park that makes this hotel a great choice for Orlando visitors; rather, it's the hotel's pleasant, accommodating staff. Another perk about staying here is that this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, meaning you can use or earn points by staying here.
- #23View all PhotosWalnut Creek, CA#23 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (380)Free WiFiRead MoreAbout 27 miles northeast of San Francisco, this Renaissance stands out for its emphasis on fitness. The hotel offers personal training, group classes, a six-lane lap pool and a tremendous fitness center. If you went on vacation to relax, then book an appointment at the R Spa or go for a soak in the whirlpool. The on-site restaurant, Citrus Fresh Grill, offers heart-healthy menu options, and the nutritionists in the wellness workshops will also help you make good food choices. Even visitors who don't utilize the fitness facilities and classes admit that they left the Renaissance feeling refreshed, praising the comfy furnishings in the guest rooms. When you're not working up a sweat, the Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek will help you be productive with work-friendly amenities such as high-speed Internet access and a full-service business center. Because of this resort's family connections, Marriott Bonvoy program members can earn and redeem points here.
- #24View all PhotosPittsford, NY#24 in Best Renaissance HotelsTripAdvisor (349)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAlthough a few recent visitors caution that a stay here can leave a major dent in your wallet, most say this hotel is worth the splurge. Previous guests particularly highlight The Del Monte's charming, elegant ambiance as well as its top-notch customer service, from the friendly cleaning crew to the attentive wait staff. Travelers also appreciate the simplistic yet classic decor of the accommodations as well as the versatile in-suite amenities, including custom-made duvets, cozy feather pillows and coffee and tea makers. Plus, those participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program may use or accumulate points by choosing to stay here. Among the various property features, previous visitors call out the spa services and the Erie Grill (especially the breakfast) as particularly memorable. And visitors love The Del Monte's locale, too: It's about 10 miles east of the Greater Rochester International Airport in Pittsford, New York, and there are a handful of restaurants within walking distance.Free ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.