- View all PhotosSt. Petersburg, FLTripAdvisor (2085)Read MorePicturesquely positioned on St. Petersburg, Florida's beautiful waterfront, The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club has elegant and anchored boats in its sights. Travelers say the hotel's interior is just as beautiful. Guest rooms have marble bathrooms, pillow-top mattresses and minibars. And the service fares well with recent lodgers. Visitors say the staff is friendly and accommodating, especially at the front desk. While the hotel sits approximately 23 miles from Tampa, recent guests say there's no need to leave St. Petersburg for fun to-dos: the resort enjoys access to the 18-hole Vinoy Golf Club as well as tennis courts. Travelers also heap praise on this Renaissance's restaurants, especially Marchand's Bar & Grill. On the other hand, visitors note that a stay here will set you back a pretty penny. But Marriott Bonvoy members can use or earn points here for additional perks.
- View all PhotosDenver, CO0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (597)Read MoreHoused in the former Colorado National Bank building, the Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel impresses guests with its stunning architecture and elegant decor. While the lobby and public areas of this Renaissance outpost were modeled after the original building, the hotel's rooms are more modern and feature flat-screen TVs, minifridges and free Wi-Fi access. Travelers praised the guest rooms for their overall comfort and spaciousness. Recent guests were also complimentary of the on-site eatery, Range, which serves "new American west cuisine" with ingredients inherent to the Rocky Mountain region. The lobby Teller Bar also received high praise for its awesome setting and cocktails. And thanks to the hotel's central downtown location, more eateries and bars are within easy walking distance of the property, according to recent visitors. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn and redeem points at this Denver hotel.
- View all PhotosChicago, IL0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1985)Read MoreSitting on the northern fringes of the Loop (near Chicago's theater district), the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel is a popular choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Less than a block from the State/Lake Station – which connects to the Green, Purple, Brown, Orange and Pink "L" train lines – the hotel's primo location makes it easy to explore beyond your digs. On top of its convenience, guests were also impressed with their stay at this Renaissance property. Visitors love the large amount of space in the stylish and comfortable guest rooms thanks to amenities like flat-screen TVs, designer linens and excellent city views (many recommend requesting a room facing the river). Additionally, the hotel features an indoor swimming pool and a fitness center. The customer service also leaves a good impression, with travelers saying that the staff were very friendly. But guests are quick to complain about the high cost of parking here, which will add $69 a day to your final bill, as well as the noise in rooms overlooking the "L" train line tracks. The in-house restaurant also gets knocked for its prices, though travelers do say the food is good. Those looking to save can use Marriott Bonvoy points to cover the cost of their room.
- View all PhotosProvidence, RI0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1470)Read MoreThis uniquely designed property was originally intended as a Masonic temple, but it stood empty for nearly 80 years due to lack of funds during the Great Depression. Then Marriott gave the property a facelift, refashioning the building into a stylish hotel with contemporary furnishings. Some of the early design elements of the building are still preserved, like the marble columns and Masonic iconography on the tile flooring. The spacious guest rooms are furnished with upscale amenities, such as down comforters, feather pillows, marble bathrooms and minifridges. Though some recent guests bemoan the steep valet parking fees, most praise the hotel for its convenient location next to the State Capitol and hospitable front-desk and concierge staff. If you're signed up for the Marriott Bonvoy program, you're eligible to receive extra perks like complimentary stays by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosSchaumburg, ILTripAdvisor (815)Free ParkingRead MoreYou'll find the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel on North Thoreau Drive in Schaumberg, Illinois, about 30 miles northwest of Chicago. Although this hotel is probably too far from the city for leisure travelers, those in town on business will find all their needs met. This Renaissance property boasts nearly 150,000 square feet of meeting space, not to mention a full-service business center. Many who have stayed here reported a good experience, praising the hotel for its quality customer service and ample amenities. Guest rooms offer contemporary decor and giant windows. Some guests were wary of a room facing the freeway, but they say that the windows are well insulated and keep noise out. You'll also find flat-screen TVs (including a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror) and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). This hotel also boasts a sizable fitness center, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Meanwhile, an in-house restaurant, which past guests say is pricey, as well as a cafe and a bar serve up a variety of dishes ranging from steaks to salads. What's more, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points here.
- Read MoreWhat stands out most about this Renaissance hotel compared to other Mobile, Alabama, properties is its downtown location. From the Battle House you can easily walk to the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center, Bienville Square and scenic Cooper Riverside Park. The hotel's 238 rooms and suites are outfitted in blue, red and gold decor, marble-clad bathrooms and LCD TVs. Recent guests loved strolling through the classic interiors of the hotel as well as the impeccable service. And if the weather is right, travelers highly recommend a dip at the rooftop pool. For dining, make sure to head to The Trellis Room restaurant, Mobile's only AAA Four Diamond restaurant. Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or apply points here.
- View all PhotosTampa, FL5.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1190)Free ParkingRead MoreThis Renaissance hotel boasts – and recent guests uphold – that it will place you near many top restaurants and shops. You'll find that you're enviably close to Tampa International Airport as well, which sits in the northwest part of Tampa, Florida. A lack of distinctly kid-friendly amenities may deter visiting families, but those in town for work swear by the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel's business services and meeting rooms. Accommodations are pretty typical of a Marriott-affiliated hotel: Rooms have plush bedding and marble bathrooms, and they are also outfitted with flat-screen TVs and high-speed internet (for an extra $12.95 per day). Recent guests described the rooms as spacious, well-appointed and clean, but they reserved most of their compliments for the friendly hotel staff. Visitors also praise the on-site Italian restaurant, Gabriella's Bistro, for its tasty, relatively affordable cuisine. While you're here, you'll also have access to the hotel pool and fitness center. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can use and earn points during your stay.
- Read MoreResiding just a few blocks from the Georgia Institute of Technology and Piedmont Park and surrounded by top-notch eateries and nightlife options, this funky Renaissance hotel is a great place to experience everything this neighborhood has to offer. Each of the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown's guest rooms features its own unique decor – including colorful accent furniture and quirky modern art – and spectacular city vistas. Accommodations also come with creature comforts like flat-screen TVs, Aveda bath products (a guest favorite) and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). On-site amenities include a fitness center and Southern restaurant with a rooftop bar. According to recent guests, a visit to this hotel is worthwhile, citing the stylish rooms, unbeatable location and friendly staff as reason enough to return. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can accrue or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosPittsburgh, PA0.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1886)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Renaissance Pittsburgh, located in Pittsburgh's Fulton Building that was constructed in 1906, is another one of the Steel City's historical hotels. But the hotel has kept up with the times: Guest rooms feature simple, yet elegant, furnishings and in-room amenities like flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and complimentary Wi-Fi. However, the Renaissance's locale is by far the best selling point among recent guests. Visitors love that Heinz Field, PNC Park and many of the city's most celebrated theaters are all within walking distance. If you do choose to stay on the property come meal time, dine at the well-regarded Braddock’s Rebellion. The only downside some previous visitors noted at this hotel was the pricey valet parking, and inconvenient drop-off and pick-up points for the vehicles. As a member of Marriott, this Renaissance property participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, allowing guests to earn and redeem points and perks at this hotel.
- View all PhotosNew York, NY0.7 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2647)Read MoreTravelers appreciate this hotel's enviable location in Times Square, along with its close proximity to several subway stations. But that's not the only reason visitors choose to stay at the Renaissance New York Times Square. Recent guests highlight the hotel's sleek, modern decor and high-end amenities, like pillow-top mattresses, 37-inch flat-screen TVs and minifridges as major assets. This Marriott property also allows guests participating in the company's rewards program to earn or redeem perks, such as complimentary nights, for choosing to stay here. Plus, recent patrons praised the tasty cuisine and cocktails served at R Lounge at Two Times Square.
- Read MoreYou'll find this hotel right across from the convention center on Commerce Street – it caters mostly to business travelers and conventioneers. Still, other visitors interested in touring the nearby Country Music Hall of Fame and seeing a show at the Ryman Auditorium might also find the Renaissance Nashville to be a good home base. Both business and leisure travelers alike enjoy this hotel's friendly staff and comfortable rooms, which come equipped with floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member you can cash in your accumulated points here or continue collecting points for future benefits.
- Read MoreThis southwestern Orlando, Florida, hotel (located, as its name suggests, by SeaWorld), impresses visitors with its trendy atmosphere and proximity to popular theme parks. Plus, the hotel's guest rooms feature LCD flat-panel TVs, Aveda bath products and marble bathrooms. The rest of the hotel also earns a nod of approval from guests, who praise the hotel's lobby and compliment the flavorful (albeit pricey) cuisine at the in-house Mist Sushi and Spirits restaurant. This Renaissance property also boasts three other dining spots, a water park and an outdoor pool. And when you need to relax after a long day outdoors, you can make an appointment for a massage or a body scrub at the on-site nèu lotus spa. But for some guests, it's not the spa or the water park that makes this hotel a great choice for Orlando visitors; rather, it's the hotel's pleasant, accommodating staff. Another perk about staying here is that this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, meaning you can use or earn points by staying here.
- Read MoreAbout 27 miles northeast of San Francisco, this Renaissance stands out for its emphasis on fitness. The hotel offers personal training, group classes, a six-lane lap pool and a tremendous fitness center. If you went on vacation to relax, then book an appointment at the R Spa or go for a soak in the whirlpool. The on-site restaurant, Citrus Fresh Grill, offers heart-healthy menu options, and the nutritionists in the wellness workshops will also help you make good food choices. Even visitors who don't utilize the fitness facilities and classes admit that they left the Renaissance feeling refreshed, praising the comfy furnishings in the guest rooms. When you're not working up a sweat, the Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek will help you be productive with work-friendly amenities such as high-speed Internet access and a full-service business center. Because of this resort's family connections, Marriott Bonvoy program members can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosPittsford, NYTripAdvisor (349)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAlthough a few recent visitors caution that a stay here can leave a major dent in your wallet, most say this hotel is worth the splurge. Previous guests particularly highlight The Del Monte's charming, elegant ambiance as well as its top-notch customer service, from the friendly cleaning crew to the attentive wait staff. Travelers also appreciate the simplistic yet classic decor of the accommodations as well as the versatile in-suite amenities, including custom-made duvets, cozy feather pillows and coffee and tea makers. Plus, those participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program may use or accumulate points by choosing to stay here. Among the various property features, previous visitors call out the spa services and the Erie Grill (especially the breakfast) as particularly memorable. And visitors love The Del Monte's locale, too: It's about 10 miles east of the Greater Rochester International Airport in Pittsford, New York, and there are a handful of restaurants within walking distance.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew Orleans, LA0.7 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1250)Read MoreFairly soon after you enter this Renaissance, it should become clear why it has been given the name "Arts Hotel." The Marriott-backed property is filled with modern works, many of which are inside the satellite branch of the Arthur Rogers Gallery that you'll find in the lobby. Guests say that rooms more or less fit into this brand's usual standard of luxury, so you'll find sparse – but high quality –furnishings and comfortable beds, plus amenities like Aveda bath products, minifridges, Wi-Fi access (for a fee) and LCD TVs. The Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel also has a heated rooftop pool, something that you won't find at too many luxury hotels in New Orleans. If you're interested, you can appropriately find this property in the gallery-heavy Arts District. And if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can accrue or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosAtlanta, GA9.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (75)Free WiFiRead More
This Renaissance outpost sits next to Atlanta's international airport, making it a superb choice for visitors with early or late flights, according to previous guests. Those who plan on sightseeing will need to rent a car or take public transportation (the College Park MARTA train station sits within walking distance) to reach downtown sights like Centennial Olympic Park and the Georgia Aquarium. However, business travelers will find the Georgia International Convention Center across the street, and six meeting rooms are available on-site. What's more, the hotel houses the New Orleans-inspired Hickory & Hazel Southern Table and Bar, a 24-hour fitness center and 204 contemporary guest rooms and suites. Standard amenities include marble bathrooms, minifridges, work desks and LCD TVs. In-room Wi-Fi access is available as well, but extra fees apply for those who are not part of the Marriott Bonvoy program. Although some guests bemoaned the hotel's pricey valet parking charge at $29 per day, most raved about the clean, spacious and well-appointed accommodations, as well as the friendly staff and tasty cuisine.
- Read More
All 304 guest rooms at the Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West offer modern furnishings, flat-screen TVs with Netflix, Wi-Fi access, plush bedding, Aveda bath products and floor-to-ceiling windows. This hotel in west Plano, Texas, welcomes a lot of business travelers, but vacationers will find plenty to love as well – including a heated outdoor pool, rooftop cabanas and 24-hour fitness center. If you'd like to dine on-site, pay a visit to the hotel's Asian-fusion restaurant, OMA, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For lighter fare, take a seat at the Whiskey Moon bar, which serves up snacks and small plates like bao buns, in addition to craft cocktails and Texas and Japanese whiskeys. Recent visitors were impressed by the hotel's upscale design and its proximity to nearby shops and restaurants. While most travelers reported a pleasant experience, some guests found their rooms noisy at night due to the nearby highway. Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel is a part of the Marriott network, which means you can use and earn Marriott Bonvoy points during your stay.
- View all PhotosRaleigh, NC3.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (583)Free ParkingRead MoreThe Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel sits amid a shopping plaza with chain and boutique retailers, abundant dining options and a movie theater, some 13 miles east of the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. The property has 229 modern guest rooms outfitted in slate gray and white. Standard rooms have headboards with built-in reading lights, Edison bulb nightlights, air plants and succulents and – perhaps the most popular amenity with recent guests – TVs in the bathrooms. Accommodations also include coffee makers and walk-in rain showers, plus Wi-Fi and in-room safes (both for an additional fee). Complimentary parking is available in on-site and nearby off-site lots, and the hotel houses a fitness center. The hotel's 41Hundred restaurant offers a daily breakfast buffet, and serves small plates for lunch and dinner, while craft cocktails and house-aged whiskey are available from the full bar. Thanks to the property's Marriott ties, rewards program members can earn and redeem Marriott Bonvoy points here.Free Parking
- View all PhotosCharlotte, NC5.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (969)Read MoreLocated across from SouthPark shopping center in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel offers travelers easy access to area activities. Though many recent guests praised the convenient location, some of them reported poor customer service. On-site, visitors can take advantage of a heated indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness center, a salon and barber, laundry services and free self-parking. Inside rooms, guests will find marble bathrooms, minifridges, flat-screen TVs and coffee makers, but there is a fee for Wi-Fi access. Flagstones, the property’s restaurant, offers Southern-style cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other attractions in a 10-mile radius include the Mint Museum Uptown, Carowinds amusement park and Bank of America Stadium. Because of the hotel's Marriott affiliation, Marriott Bonvoy members receive bonus perks like free internet access and can earn and redeem points during their stays here.
- Read MoreThe Renaissance stands proudly as one of the only luxury hotels in Glendale (a suburb located west of downtown Phoenix). Its unbeatable proximity to the Gila River Arena and the University of Phoenix Stadium – homes of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes and the NFL's Arizona Cardinals, respectively – is the main draw for many guests. However, the hotel's business center and 100,000 square feet of meeting space makes this hotel a popular home base for working travelers. Although it may not be as flashy as some of the Valley's other sprawling resorts, this property does offer comfort on a budget. Previous guests were satisfied with the guest rooms (which feature flat-screen TVs and work desks), while others were not as pleased with the customer service. And though its location might not be the most convenient for sightseeing, travelers appreciated the resort's on-site amenities, such as the Spa Botanica and the Soleil Restaurant. Keep in mind that this Marriott property participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, so members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosBessemer, ALTripAdvisor (803)Free ParkingRead MoreRecent guests report a pleasant, relaxing stay at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa thanks to the property's inviting atmosphere and courteous staff. The handsome grounds include a driving range, an 18-hole golf course and the decadent Aveda spa. Many of the 259 rooms and suites include balconies that overlook the putting greens (though the pool-view rooms are not too shabby, either) and bathrooms with granite countertops and tiled bathtubs. But best of all, this Renaissance is less than 12 miles south of man of the city's top attractions, such as the Birmingham Zoo and the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member you can earn or cash in rewards here.
- View all PhotosAtlanta, GA9.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (933)Free ParkingRead MoreWhile its location may not be the most convenient for tourists – its about 12 miles north of downtown Atlanta – the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel offers a quiet setting. Recent visitors rave about the rooms, consistently describing them as spacious, comfortable and clean. Accommodations here come equipped with pillowtop mattresses, in-room coffee makers, flat-screen TVs with premium movie channels and high-speed internet access (for a fee). The property also houses a fitness center, spa and three restaurants. Some travelers are keen to note that this hotel primarily caters to business travelers with its 65,000 square feet of event space, but leisure travelers say this Renaissance is a standout nonetheless. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member you can rack up or apply accumulated points here to enjoy complimentary stay perks.
- Read MoreAlthough this isn't the best home base for sightseers (the hotel sits 10 miles north of downtown Austin), the Renaissance Austin Hotel is the ideal place for nature enthusiasts. Perched on the northern edge of the Austin Arboretum, the hotel offers beautiful views of Texas Hill Country and prime access to the verdant gardens. But while many rave about the property's peaceful location and friendly, attentive staff, some recent guests say that the Renaissance Austin Hotel is adequate at best. Major complaints include spotty internet service (for an extra charge) and small rooms. Travelers also express mixed feelings about the guest room decor: Some love the leather lounge chairs and the red accents, while others are quick to call out stained carpets and dim lighting. But you don't have to spend that much time in your room. The Renaissance Austin Hotel features a gym, two pools and access to a jogging trail, as well as the cybercafe eatery, @ustinbytes, and the Texas-style restaurant, Knotty Deck & Bar. Because Renaissance hotels fall under the Marriott umbrella, Marriott Bonvoy members can use points to pay for their stay.
- View all PhotosIndian Wells, CA14.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1334)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAt the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains – about 17 miles from Palm Springs International Airport — the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa provides a comfortable escape. Families like the resort's swimming pool, part of which resembles a sandy beach, and Camp Oasis kids program. While the little ones are off making new friends, guests are quick to hit the links at the Renaissance's two 18-hole golf courses or make use of the treatment rooms at Spa Esmeralda. And when it comes time to regroup, the resort's eateries provide the settings for family dinners. Visitors will have their choice of a wide variety of cuisine, from Italian fare at Sirocco Pizza Company to American dishes at CAVA. Accommodations earn props for their ample space and amenities, including flat-screen TVs and private balconies. Though some guests lament the daily $30 resort fee. But those who are part of the Marriott Bonvoy program can trim the bill in exchange for accumulated points.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew Orleans, LA1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1492)Read More
If you can, book a corner room at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel. Travelers say these seem more spacious than the other rooms, and, in many cases, they also provide better views. Not that you'll be cramped here: Marriotts are known for offering clean, spacious accommodations and fairly comfortable beds. Recent guests said this hotel delivered on service as well, as most visitors encountered friendly and helpful staff members during their stay. The surrounding Central Business District area is safe and also convenient to a lot of what makes New Orleans exciting. (The St. Louis Cathedral in the charming French Quarter and other top sites are all about a mile away.) Although some previous guests reported hit-or-miss housekeeping and restaurant services, many appreciated the spacious, comfortable rooms. And remember: If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn or redeem points here for stay perks.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.