- View all PhotosW South BeachMiami Beach, FL5.0-star Hotel ClassIf we only had one word to describe the W South Beach, it would be "stylish." This hotel's trendy slate-gray color scheme and gorgeous pool beckon to the young and hip. Add to that a glamorous salon and five mouth-watering restaurants and lounges and you've got yourself a Miami Beach, Florida, hot spot. And did we mention the location? This W property dominates its central Collins Avenue address, making it a huge hit with guests. When it's time to go to bed (if it's ever time to go to bed in Miami), you'll find accommodations here to be both swanky and comfortable. Suites feature ocean views, private balconies, high ceilings and kitchenettes or kitchens, as well as contemporary amenities like flat-screen TVs and on-demand movies. The W South Beach even has amenities for your pets. Lodging at this Miami Beach hot spot will put a sizable dent in your wallet – especially when you factor in the $40 daily resort fee – but if you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program, you can use points to cover the cost of your stay.
- View all PhotosW SeattleSeattle, WA0.1 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassNestled in the heart of the downtown area, this stylish W fits in well with the other ultra-mod hotels of Seattle. Board games are available in the Living Room lobby, local artwork is on display at the welcome desk and in-room spa treatments are available at the ready. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with pillow-top beds, minibars, flat-screen TVs and large, large windows that boast city vistas. Most recent travelers complimented the service staff, as well as the food and atmosphere at the on-site restaurant, TRACE. Other guests were less pleased with the steep daily parking fees and length of time it took to get hot water in the showers. However, this hotel's association with Marriott means Marriott Bonvoy members can use accrued points to cover the cost of their room.
- View all PhotosW Chicago - LakeshoreChicago, IL1 mile to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassOverlooking Lake Michigan (as you might've guessed from its name), this W hotel offers guests a trendy Chicago home base just minutes from some of the city's top attractions. Popular hotel features include the Bliss Spa on the eighth floor, as well as CURRENT restaurant, which serves seasonal modern Italian cuisine. Meanwhile, the accommodations feature decor with bright pops of color here and there, as well as LCD flat-screen TVs, minifridges, high-speed Internet access and amenities for your pet, should you require them. Guests say they enjoy the W Chicago - Lakeshore's waterfront location, but some found difficulty with an at-times too-cool staff and were disappointed with charges for in-room Wi-Fi. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW AustinAustin, TX0.4 miles to city center
4.0-star Hotel Class
Surrounded by some of Austin's favorite entertainment joints and within walking distance of major attractions like the Austin Bats and Zilker Park, The W Austin puts you at the epicenter of the action. Its ultra-chic design may seem somewhat out of place in this funky city, but recent guests said that the guest rooms and amenities live up to the W's reputation. The hotel did infuse a hint of the city's "weird" culture into the decor: Rooms feature throw pillows with brightly stitched designs, offsetting the serene blue hues that envelop the space. Like Austin itself, the W Austin earns high praise from recent guests for its friendly, fun atmosphere, claiming that they felt extremely welcome here. And they're not the only ones: The hotel's Pets Are Welcome (P.A.W.) program makes sure that even the four-legged members of your party are well cared for. Because W Hotels are part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Fort LauderdaleFort Lauderdale, FL4.0-star Hotel ClassFrom its glass-bottom view of the outdoor pool to the funky DJs who spin tunes at said pool, this W likes to throw visitors an über-hip curve-ball. So needless to say, the modern W Fort Lauderdale isn't for everyone: Features like the see-through glass walls in the bathrooms and the loud dance music in the common areas might be a better fit for a younger crowd. But the atmosphere is decidedly more subdued in the minimally designed rooms, which feature comfy beds, flat-screen TVs and iHome stereos. Most rooms were recently renovated in 2016 to include chic blue and white decor. Although some recent guests bemoan the $35 resort fee, sun-seekers found this W outpost's location extremely convenient: the property is just steps from the beach and about 3 miles from downtown Fort Lauderdale. In addition to its shore-side setting, the hotel also boasts the AWAY Spa and a 1,360-square-foot fitness center. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Atlanta - DowntownAtlanta, GA0.1 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassLocated just a few blocks east of the Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Olympic Park, this W hotel is a great headquarters for sightseeing families. But the property's standout qualities include its various amenities. This W hotel is home to an outdoor pool, a fitness center and a spa; and if you're traveling with any four-legged friends, the W's pet program makes sure that dogs are welcome. Guests report the rooms are sleek and contemporary, equipped with the signature W bed, Bliss bath toiletries, flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations. Recent lodgers also praise the rooftop pool bar for its panoramic city views. If you get hungry while you're here, the in-house eatery Local Motives serves casual American cuisine. Meanwhile, the Living Room lounge and bar and WET rooftop bar offer cocktails and various drinks. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA0.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassLike many W hotels, San Francisco's iteration is über-trendy, yet remarkably comfortable. Previous guests were pleased with the hotel's accommodations, which include pillow-top mattresses, goose-down bedding, flat-screen TVs and access to iPod shuffles and a variety of DVDs through the hotel's Whatever/Whenever program. The W San Francisco also provides pet beds, litter boxes and food bowls for those traveling with four-legged companions. In addition to its guest rooms, the W also has TRACE, a restaurant that serves socially conscious Californian cuisine. Sitting near the Yerba Buena Gardens in the SoMa neighborhood, this Marriott-affiliated hotel makes a great choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW HobokenHoboken, NJ4.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're looking to spend some time in the Big Apple without wasting all of your souvenir money on Manhattan lodging, the W Hoboken makes an affordable alternative. You'll have to commute across the Hudson, but New Jersey's Hoboken PATH train station – which shuttles residents and visitors to New York on a regular basis – is just a few blocks south of the hotel's front door. And don't think that just because you've crossed the river you can't enjoy a taste of big city style. This is, after all, a W Hotel: Common areas like the lobby are illuminated by trendy blue and purple lighting, while guest rooms are emblazoned with bright colors and modern furnishings. Plus, according to guests, you won't find better vistas of the NYC skyline; just make sure to ask the front desk for a room with a view. Meanwhile, the hotel's Bliss Spa and Halifax restaurant can help you refuel and rejuvenate after a long day in the city; however, several recent guests warn that parking and Wi-Fi fees can start to add up. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW BostonBoston, MA0.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassResting on the southern edge of Emerson College – just a few blocks south of the Boston Public Garden – the W Hotel grants visitors lodging in a convenient location. The W features an all-glass exterior with interiors featuring funky modern decor and simple-yet-stylish furnishings. The fanciful design extends to the accommodations, which feature modern accents, locally crafted artwork and high-end amenities like iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs and Bliss Spa bath products. Most recent guests report a pleasant stay overall, however some do complain about the floor-to-ceiling windows' inability to drown out the noise from nearby nightclubs. Past visitors suggested booking a corner room for additional space. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here. When you're ready to step outside your stylish digs, head to the W Lounge for casual bites and inventive cocktails.
- View all PhotosW Dallas - VictoryDallas, TX4.0-star Hotel ClassDallas isn't all about Wild West round-ups and cowboy couture; for those of you looking to add a little cosmopolitan funk to your Texas getaway, consider hanging your hat at the W Dallas - Victory. Located a few blocks north of the historic district – near the Sixth Floor Museum and a block away from the AmericanAirlines Center – this hotel offers luxurious digs without sacrificing convenience. Following a $4 million renovation, the restyled guest rooms at this W hotel feature 32-inch LCD TVs, massive bathrooms (with rainfall showers), pillow-top mattresses and cozy linens. The rooftop infinity pool consistently earns high praise: Visitors rave about the spectacular views and the poolside food and beverage service. When you're craving more than snacks, head to Cook Hall for a contemporary take on classic pub food or The Living Room Bar for cocktails. Recent guests do warn that the lounge can be crowded and loud at night, and the noise can creep up into guest rooms. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW New York - DowntownNew York, NY3.1 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassThis super swanky member of the W Hotels clan offers guests easy access to Gotham's most-loved downtown attractions, including the Statue of Liberty and Battery Park. Accommodations feature contemporary furnishings and eye-catching red accents, along with a few luxurious accoutrements, such as goose down comforters, signature Bliss spa products, iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs. Overall, guests enjoy the fanciful, sleek decor of the W New York – Downtown and praise the versatile property features, which range from the modern FIT gym to the W2Go gourmet meal service. However, some complain that the hotel service staff could stand to improve. And though the nightly rates run high, rest assured that if you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, you may receive extra perks, such as free nights and free upgrades, for choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosW Minneapolis - The FoshayMinneapolis, MN4.5-star Hotel ClassLike most W hotels, The Foshay specializes in sleek, contemporary lodging. But this property is different: Housed in Foshay Tower (which was built in 1929 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places), the hotel blends vintage with modern in its decor. Common areas like the hotel lobby and the Living Room lounge feature W's swanky style with a hint of art deco flavor (though some visitors complain that the dim lighting is hard on the eyes). Recent guests described The Foshay as classy, praising the guest rooms for their bold color palettes and ample amenities, which include flat-screen TVs, media libraries and Bliss bath products. For a true taste of the Roaring Twenties, sink your teeth in to a hearty steak at Manny's before relishing a crisp cocktail at the rooftop bar, Prohibition. Though recent guests raved about the The Foshay's appearance and amenities, they said that the excellent customer service would be their main reason for returning. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW New York - Union SquareNew York, NY0.9 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassOccupying the former Guardian Life building in Union Square, this member of the W Hotels family has adapted its beaux-arts design to accommodate the modern day traveler. This historic property is now decked out in contemporary furnishings, as well as a FIT gym, a Bliss Spa, the cozy Living Room lounge and Irvington, which features Mediterranean-influenced menu of new American classics. Guest rooms adopt an all-American identity, boasting bright red, white and blue decor and in-room amenities like pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen TVs and spa-quality bath products. Overall, travelers love the look and the location of the W New York - Union Square, and they praise the friendly customer service staff. However, guests were not amenable to the steep room rates, noting that – despite their positive opinion of the hotel – it wasn't necessarily worth what they paid for it. But because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW New York - Times SquareNew York, NY0.7 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel ClassThis bustling property appeals to those looking for a trendy, hip stay. Surrounded by the dazzling lights of Times Square and the memorable sounds of Broadway, this member of the W Hotels family earns a thumbs-up for location (though some guests warn that street noise can infiltrate rooms on some of the lower floors). Travelers describe the property as trendy and chic, praising the W's funky lighting and colorful accents found throughout the guest rooms, the lobby and the gourmet Blue Fin restaurant. And although the W Hotel - Times Square is designed with a cool clientele in mind, previous guests say that the atmosphere here is anything but snobby. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW HollywoodHollywood, CA4.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're looking for a one-of-a-kind mix of old Hollywood glamour and cutting-edge style, consider booking a room at the W Hollywood. Guests claim this W is worth every one of its four stars for a number of reasons, including its hip lobby bar, The Living Room, not to mention a trendy rooftop pool. Along with The Living Room, this W outpost also offers California bistro fare at Delphine, and a New York street cafe atmosphere at Station Hollywood. Rooms here are sleek and chic, with a gray and white color palate that's emboldened by colorful accents and deluxe amenities like iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access and minibars. The clientele also offer a word of warning: This hotel on the infamous Hollywood Boulevard isn't for those seeking peace and quiet –it's more party-oriented. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW ScottsdaleScottsdale, AZ4.0-star Hotel ClassAs W Hotels usually go, the atmosphere here is trendy and urban. The W Scottsdale is a relatively new property, so you can expect quirky decor and the most modern amenities – including flat-panel TVs, minibars and wireless internet – in your guest room. Staying in Old Town Scottsdale, you'll find numerous shops, restaurants and bars right outside the hotel lobby. But you won't have to venture far to find a hot scene: The W Scottsdale's Sushi Roku restaurant serves up elegant portions of this Japanese favorite, and the swanky Living Room lounge often hosts DJ mixes and cocktail hours. The biggest drawbacks, according to recent visitors, is that the hotel can get noisy on the weekends, and some go so far as to say that if you aren't coming here to party, you may want to stay somewhere else. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Atlanta - BuckheadAtlanta, GA5.9 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassLocated in Atlanta's most upscale neighborhood, the W Atlanta - Buckhead is luxurious both inside and out. Like most W hotels, this Buckhead property features colorful, contemporary decor that add a swanky, see-and-be-seen feel to this hotel. The hotel's amenities cater to business and leisure travelers, alike. The FIT fitness center and outdoor infinity pool are there to help you look and feel great before hitting the town. And if you're traveling with pets, this W makes sure that they're taken care of too. Rooms here got mixed reviews. While outfitted with necessities such as flat-screen TVs and high-speed Internet access, some guests say rooms are dated and are in need of an upgrade. And if you're a light sleeper, guests say ear plugs are necessary to combat the paper thin walls. Because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Chicago - City CenterChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassThe W Chicago - City Center (located in the Loop, less than a mile east of the Art Institute of Chicago) is known for its trendy attire and almost cavernous feel. Like many W Hotels, this Chicago iteration is geared toward hip couples and savvy business folk. The color scheme is deep violet and gray and there is thumping techno and house music playing nearly nonstop in the lobby. Many travelers report satisfaction with their W Chicago - City Center experience. Recent guests describe the rooms as comfortable (albeit a little dark) and praise the in-suite amenities, which include 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docking stations, Bliss Spa bath products and snack boxes. (Some recent guests do note that standard rooms are on the smaller side.) Other perks that come with a stay at this W include access to a fitness center and in-room spa services, as well as comfort items for your four-legged friends. Meanwhile, the on-site restaurant, IPO, garners compliments for its "New Urban" cuisine and chic atmosphere. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Washington D.C.Washington, DC0.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassRubbing elbows with the Department of the Treasury and the White House, the W Washington D.C. places guests in the heart of our country's political sphere. This W property is much more colorful than its white-stone neighbors; guests love the hotel's funky red furniture and purple lighting, which gives the W a nightclub-esque feel. In addition to the decor, previous visitors praise the accommodations, furnished with 350-thread-count linens, flat-screen TVs and high-speed internet access (for a fee). Visitors also compliment the W's upscale dining venue Pinea Restaurant, but for many, the highlight of this hotel is the P.O.V. rooftop lounge, which boasts breathtaking views of the National Mall. Just keep in mind: If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, this is not the right place for you. Some recent guests say that the noise level can be a problem for those trying to get a restful night's sleep. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW BellevueBellevue, WA4.0-star Hotel Class
A new eco-friendly hotel in the heart of Bellevue, Washington, the W Bellevue follows in the modern footsteps of the W brand, with midcentury modern decor, colorful artwork and animal print accents throughout. Amenities here range from a modern speakeasy to a library to The Porch, which features hammocks, fire pits and lots of seating. What's more, there's a FIT fitness center with TRX and cardio equipment. Meanwhile, business travelers have access to roughly 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space. When it's time to eat, guests can visit The Lakehouse, where farm-to-table cuisine created by James Beard Award-winning chef Jason Wilson is served. After filling up on gourmet fare, guests can retire to one of the property's 245 guest rooms and suites. All feature white, gray and purple accents, flat-screen TVs, W MixBars, Bliss Spa toiletries and glass-walled showers (some of which are not separate from the rooms, so a few previous visitors suggest staying elsewhere if the kids are in tow). Also, remember that this property participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, so members can accrue or redeem points by staying here.
- View all PhotosW Atlanta - MidtownAtlanta, GA1.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting only about a five-minute walk from Piedmont Park, the W Atlanta - Midtown frees you up to tour the Big Peach without losing sleep due to downtown noise. In addition to an enviable location, the property offers luxurious extras like the Bliss Spa and the fitness center, not to mention pet-friendly amenities. And when it's time to bed down, rooms include Egyptian cotton sheets, the W flat-screen TVs, floor-to-ceiling windows and access to 24-hour room service. The common areas in this hotel live up to the W brand's chic reputation: The lobby features contemporary furniture, while the stylish Whiskey Park bar exudes a see-and-be-seen atmosphere. (If you're looking for something more filling, try the farm-to-table fare at TRACE restaurant.) However, some frequent W guests say this is not up to par with other W's they've stayed at, with some rooms showing signs of age. Still, many agreed the location was a reason to celebrate. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW MiamiMiami, FL
5.0-star Hotel Class
An oasis for both business and leisure travelers, this W outpost sits in downtown Miami and offers spectacular views of the Biscayne Bay from its 50th-floor cocktail lounge. Other standout features include the 2-acre WET Deck and 300-foot infinity pool, the 2,500-square-foot fitness center and 4,000 square feet of meeting and event space. What's more, the hotel offers the brand's Whatever/Whenever program, which caters to guests' needs and cravings 24 hours a day. All 148 guest rooms and suites boast balconies, marble bathrooms, minibars, internet access and flat-screen TVs. Recent guests raved about the massive outdoor pool space, the cocktail lounge, the modern accommodations and the American cuisine and bay views featured at the on-site restaurant, 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar. But keep in mind: because of the hotel's downtown location, it's removed from the attractions in South Beach. But because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW New Orleans - French QuarterNew Orleans, LA1.3 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassSurrounded by lots of shops and galleries and close to the excitement of Bourbon Street, the W New Orleans – French Quarter certainly has location in its favor. In addition to its prime locale and cushy brand perks like Bliss beauty products and concierge service, this hotel differentiates itself through its first class hospitality. Recent guests note that the front desk goes the extra mile to make lodgers feel at home. Along with the service-oriented staff, travelers also praise the restaurant and bar SoBou for its knowledgeable servers and varied menu of Louisiana street food-inspired small plates. As far as lodging goes, though, travelers cautioned that the rooms here are small. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosW Los Angeles - West Beverly HillsLos Angeles, CA9.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel ClassSituated near UCLA's campus and between Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, the W Los Angeles - Beverly Hills caters to both business and leisure travelers with a long list of amenities. Working guests can take advantage of high-speed Internet access (for a fee) and designated work spaces found in each room. Accommodations also feature TVs with DVD players, beds with W signature mattresses and minibars. When you're not relaxing in your room, take a load off by the pool, sip cocktails at the Living Room Bar or The Backyard lounge, or treat yourself to a steak at STK Los Angeles. There's also an on-site fitness center and the Bliss Spa. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.