Protect Your Trip »
Protect Your Trip » Search, compare and buy the best travel insurance for the lowest price
- View all PhotosThe Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf ClubFrisco, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Although it's just 24 miles north of Dallas, The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club could easily be worlds away. It's probably not the best lodging choice if you're in town to sightsee, but if you're looking to kick back, relax and practice your golf swing, previous visitors say that this is the place. Surrounding the resort are 18 Tom Fazio-designed fairways; though general greens fees are fairly steep, the resort offers unlimited golf after 2 p.m. for roughly half the price. If you're not a golfer, recent guests recommend spending some time by the pool or indulging in an in-room spa treatment. As far as the rooms go, recent visitors describe the decor as beautiful and compliment the Heavenly Beds. If you don't mind a slightly higher nightly rate, visitors recommend reserving a room with a full walk-out balcony. However, many guests cite issues with indifferent housekeeping staff, noting that the digs felt a little dingy. And though they praise the classic American fare served at The Legacy Grill and the light fare offered at the other on-site cafes and bars, some travelers wish that there were more dining options given the resort's somewhat remote location. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Houston DowntownHouston, TX1.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThe Westin Houston Downtown (formerly the Inn at the Ballpark) combines traditional charm with modern amenities in its location right across the street from baseball's Minute Maid Park. But if baseball is not your thing, business travelers still appreciate the location and lobby bar. No matter the reason for the visit, most guests say that you'll find this Houston hotel very comfortable and friendly. Guest rooms feature plush furnishings and warm, earthy tones, as well as flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access and signature bath products. If you don't fill up on peanuts and Cracker Jacks while at a game, sit down to dinner at this Westin's Vic & Anthony's, which earns high praise for its steaks. Previous visitors also recommend this hotel for its staff, noting that everyone they encountered was especially friendly. And remember, if you're a member of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you'll be able to earn and redeem points during your stay.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Houston, Memorial CityHouston, TX9.9 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassIf you're in Houston to do some shopping, you're in luck: The Westin Houston, Memorial City rests just across the street from the Memorial City Mall (and is connected to it via skywalk). Even if you don't feel like exercising your credit card, recent guests say that this Westin property is great, as long as you don't need to be in the heart of Houston. Sitting about 13 miles west of downtown, The Westin Houston, Memorial City earns high praise for its friendly staff, with visitors commending everyone from the bartenders to the cleaning crew. Guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, plush bathrobes and internet access (for a fee). The hotel's 18th-floor infinity pool and fitness center are also appreciated perks, and many recommend dining at the 024 Grille at least once during your stay. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Austin DowntownAustin, TX0.3 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassLocated in the heart of downtown, The Westin Austin Downtown sits just one block south of Sixth Street, where the numerous performance venues give the city its nickname – the "Live Music Capital of the World." Some guests noted that being in the center of it all resulted in a noisy atmosphere, but most agreed that it didn't intrude on their rest in the modern accommodations (the hotel opened in July 2015). Guest rooms are appointed with signature Heavenly Beds, minibars, iPod docking stations, Wi-Fi access (for a fee) and coffee makers for brewing Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea. Before heading out on the town, travelers can work up a sweat in the fitness center or relax by the rooftop pool, then head to the Stella San Jac, the on-site restaurant. Recent travelers said the innovative Southern cuisine was a cut above other hotel restaurants in the area. Visitors were also impressed with the service, which they say is the perfect example of Texas hospitality. Plus, those who participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Galleria DallasDallas, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Shopaholics take note: This member of the expansive Westin family may be a hike from downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth, but its seat next to the Galleria Dallas shopping center allows for prime access to your favorite stores. The decor at The Westin Galleria Dallas is hip and modern; boasting simple yet trendy furnishings and city views. Previous guests loved the hotel's rooftop pool and splash deck, which is lined with private cabanas for those who prefer to take their refreshments in the shade. Recent guests also praised the menu at the Second Floor Regionally Inspired Kitchen for its ability to please a variety of taste buds. Plus, the hotel features The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Visitors also commend the customer service and describe the staff as extremely friendly and helpful. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Austin at the DomainAustin, TX9.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
If you're looking to experience Austin's high life, The Westin Austin at the Domain will make a great home base. Sitting about 11 miles north of downtown Austin in the Domain neighborhood, this hotel is surrounded by some of the city's premier shopping, restaurants and entertainment venues. Recent visitors describe the guest rooms as bright and airy, though very typical of a Westin property in terms of amenities (which is a good thing, given the contemporary decor, signature Westin Heavenly Beds and 37-inch flat-screen TVs). The hotel also houses a pool and the in-house restaurant, Urban – An American Grill, which guests praise for its cuisine and service. Yet even though loyal Westin guests can earn points for staying here through the Marriott Bonvoy program, some previous visitors felt that the room rates were too high for a hotel that's so far from the city center.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Riverwalk, San AntonioSan Antonio, TX1.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassLocation, location, location: That's the first thing recent guests note about this member of the Westin family, which overlooks the famous San Antonio River Walk. But then again, many chain hotels can brag about a similar seat. According to visitors, The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio distinguishes itself from the competition with exceptional customer service. Guests applaud the staff's professionalism and friendliness. The hotel also earns kudos for its spacious guest rooms. While brand-name properties often fall into a rut when it comes to design, The Westin Riverwalk sets itself apart yet again, boasting authentically Texan leather furniture and Heavenly Beds perched atop signature wrought iron frames. The property also houses an outdoor pool, The Woodhouse Day Spa and the acclaimed Zocca restaurant. Zocca serves Italian favorites with a side of spectacular views. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Galleria HoustonHouston, TX4.9 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
Serious shoppers (aka shopaholics) should look no further: This Westin, as its name suggests, is not just next to, but actually connected to The Galleria. The hotel even gives guests a complimentary "Passport to Shopping," which contains exclusive coupons for some of the stores. Chances are that if you're staying here, you won't be spending much time in the hotel itself. But if you need a break from mall madness, this Houston property boasts all the Westin classics, including Heavenly Beds and a WestinWORKOUT fitness studio, as well as a pool and the trendy White Oak Kitchen + Drinks restaurant (which is shared with its neighboring sister hotel). Though some guests complain about the high room rates and hefty parking fees, members of the Marriott Bonvoy programs can save some dough by paying with rewards points.
- View all PhotosThe Westin at The WoodlandsThe Woodlands, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassA convenient home base in the Houston area for both business and leisure travelers, The Westin at The Woodlands is situated about 20 miles northwest of George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and 30 miles north of downtown. Recent guests loved the location along Waterway Square, which offers a bevy of shopping and dining options. Prior travelers also praised the spacious, modern accommodations, which are outfitted with Westin's signature Heavenly Beds, minifridges, coffee makers, flat-screen TVs and blackout shades. Other amenities include in-room spa services, a fitness center and an outdoor infinity pool, as well as an on-site restaurant and bar. While travelers were complimentary of the CURRENT restaurant, some suggested skipping the SideBar in favor of grabbing a drink from nearby watering holes. Most former visitors reported pleasant customer service, but some were disappointed with the charge for in-room internet access. However, guests who are Marriott Bonvoy program members receive complimentary Wi-Fi access, as well as the ability to earn or use points at this Marriott-affiliated property.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Oaks Houston at the GalleriaHouston, TX4.8 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThe Galleria is so big that it can accommodate two separate Westins, each containing more than 400 rooms. This one provides many of the same amenities as its sister, The Westin Galleria Houston, including a fitness center and a pool. This property also offers access to the acclaimed White Oak Kitchen + Drinks restaurant. Yet guests don't seem as fond of this property, saying that the room rates were too high for what they described as a relatively bland hotel. Recent visitors did, however, enjoy the city views from the spacious guest rooms, the friendly customer service, the signature Heavenly Beds and the complimentary self-parking facilities (a rarity in city hotels). What's more, because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Dallas Park CentralDallas, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassLike most Westins, this Park Central hotel is comfortable and spacious, with guest rooms boasting cozy Heavenly Beds and spa-worthy bath amenities. However, if you're in town on vacation, recent guests recommend that you book elsewhere. The Westin Dallas Park Central's location in North Dallas (about 11 miles from downtown) is not the most convenient for tourists. Business travelers, on the other hand, should take a closer look at this property; the business center makes working on the road less of a hassle, while the Westin Dallas Park Central's 30 meeting rooms and its proximity to several industry headquarters make it an ideal convention location. If you're in town to do some spending, consider this Westin property for its proximity to both the NorthPark and The Galleria shopping centers. Although many visitors say that the guest rooms are outdated and in need of a deep cleaning, most note that the customer service here is top-notch. Plus, Marriott Bonvoy members can use points to cover the room rate.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Dallas DowntownDallas, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Recent guests of The Westin Dallas Downtown raved about the top-notch service and the modern, comfy accommodations. Decorated in neutral tones with textured wallpaper and large windows, the spacious guest rooms are outfitted with flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, work desks and, in select rooms, river views (a worthy splurge, according to past visitors). Travelers were equally complimentary of this Westin's property amenities, including its large, 24-hour fitness center and its indoor heated pool, which offers panoramic Dallas views from its perch on the 32nd floor. However, reviews of the three on-site dining options were more mixed. While most agreed the restaurants provided attentive service, many felt the food quality was mediocre, especially given the high menu prices. Luckily, the hotel's downtown location provides easy access to many nearby restaurants. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Dallas Fort Worth AirportIrving, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport is ideal for early morning fliers and those in need of some shut-eye during a long layover. Guests love the on-site amenities – which include a rooftop pool and a fitness center – as well as a free airport shuttle and 24-hour room service. Guest rooms are fairly typical of a Westin property in terms of looks, but features like the brand's signature Heavenly Beds and dual shower heads feel luxurious to recent travelers in transit. The in-house BlueFire Grille's Southwestern cuisine is also a perk. Yet not all travelers were wowed by this hotel, citing noise from the nearby freeway and cleanliness issues as reasons to stay away. If you do decide to stay here, you can earn loyalty points (good for free nights and other perks) through the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- View all PhotosThe Westin Irving Convention Center at Las ColinasIrving, TX4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
A morning at The Westin Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas starts with breakfast at Mesa Mezcal, the on-site Mexican restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows and an outdoor patio. Alternatively, Craft Coffee Shop offers Starbucks beverages and to-go breakfast and lunch options for travelers who would rather eat at Meza Mezcal for lunch or dinner. The property in Irving, Texas, which opened in 2019, puts guests about 8 miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and 14 miles from downtown Dallas. Though a handful of past guests expressed disappointment with the staff's customer service, visitors praised the quiet atmosphere of rooms at this Westin. Accommodations all come standard with flat-screen TVs, minifridges and other standard amenities. Additionally, guests at The Westin Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas can use the property's fitness center and seasonal outdoor swimming pool, while Vibe Pool Bar keeps poolside conversations flowing throughout the afternoon and evening. Keep in mind that as a part of the Marriott family, this property allows members of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program to earn and redeem points by staying here.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.