- View all PhotosVancouver Island, BCTripAdvisor (149)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreExclusiveness, luxury and gorgeous backcountry surroundings are just a couple of advantages to staying at this remote compound in Clayoquot Sound on the western coast of Vancouver Island. Accessible only by sea plane or boat from nearby Tofino, Clayoquot Wilderness Resort introduces "glamping" (or glamorous camping) to travelers across the globe. Unwind in one of 25 upscale tents, several of which include en-suite bathrooms with heated floors and indoor/outdoor showers. All accommodations include single Adirondack-style, king-size beds. Prices for this lodge, though steep, are all-inclusive (excluding spa treatments). Coastal cuisine is on the menu at the resort's restaurant. Recent visitors offer glowing reviews not only for the resort's gastronomy, but also for its accommodations, service and activities. If you're looking to unwind, consider scheduling a treatment at the Healing Grounds Spa. And if you're in the mood for adventure, you'll find an abundance of outdoor pursuits like hiking, fishing, archery and wildlife-watching.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read More
Fogo Island Inn isn't your average hotel. The inn, which is held up by stilts so as not to damage the rocky topography it sits on, features a contemporary, almost futuristic architectural design that seems at odds with the centuries-old fishing village it occupies. Because of the inn's remote location on Fogo Island (situated off the northeast coast of Newfoundland, Canada), the property cultivates a familial, intimate atmosphere that recent guests loved. You won't find much in the surrounding area, but the inn provides all the unique amenities you could need for a relaxing, secluded getaway. In addition to a fitness center, the Fogo Island Inn offers a rooftop deck with wood-fired saunas and two outdoor hot tubs, a 37-seat theater, a small art gallery, a library, a lounge and bar and a restaurant with vaulted ceilings and dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows. Aside from the amenities, it was the inn's 29 suites that really impressed visitors, who called a stay at the property a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. Rooms are outfitted with floor-to-ceiling windows (perfect for admiring the ocean views), natural wood floors with in-floor heating, heated towel racks and heated toilet seats with a built-in bidet, among other amenities. The only gripe among lodgers? A stay here does not come cheap.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreOverlooking an untamed strip of Pacific coast on Vancouver Island (about 195 miles northwest of Victoria), the Wickaninnish Inn is a Relais & Châteaux luxury amid the pines. Guests adore this hotel's rugged setting and isolated locale. All guest rooms boast ocean views, and include balconies, fireplaces, soaker tubs and heated flooring in the bathrooms. Guests can dine on fine, locally-sourced fare at The Pointe Restaurant for brunch and dinner while the Driftwood Café features drinks such as coffee and smoothies, snacks and lunch options. For a bit of relaxation, hotel guests suggest heading to Ancient Cedars Spa, which offers treatments like West Coast Sacred Sea body wraps, or grabbing a drink at sundown at the On The Rocks Bar.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosVancouver, BC1.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1936)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MorePast guests find little to complain about at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. Thanks to the convenient downtown location and the personable staff, recent visitors are quick to call this Shangri-La outpost their favorite Vancouver hotel. Accommodations are appointed with floor-to-ceiling windows, deep soaking tubs, free Wi-Fi and 42-inch flat-screen TVs. For total pampering, guests suggest heading to CHI, The Spa or unwinding by the outdoor pool and hot tub. Travelers also recommend grabbing at least one meal at MARKET by Jean-Georges for inventive, locally sourced Michelin-starred seafood dishes. Though the luxurious amenities cost a pretty penny, recent visitors say the experience is worth the splurge. You'll find the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver in central Vancouver, a few blocks south of Coal Harbour.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreLocated about 14 miles northwest of downtown Victoria, Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa is praised by guests for its serene atmosphere, ornately decorated rooms and bevy of amenities. Each room comes with water views, complimentary Wi-Fi, a 40-inch flat-screen TV, and a jetted tub and separate shower. Meanwhile, the spa offers a variety of health and beauty services, including massages, facials, body wraps and couples treatments. Many visitors say this hotel's emphasis on privacy and relaxation makes it perfect for a romantic getaway. The Dining Room restaurant provides guests with a plethora of fresh regional dishes. Meanwhile, Brentwood Pub offers lighter fare and locally crafted beers, along with picturesque vantage points of the Marina. Though scenic, recent guests complain that both venues are lacking in customer service and food quality. And if you want to explore more of the marina, you can rent one of the hotel's kayaks and paddle your own way.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreSitting pretty along Cox Bay in Tofino on Vancouver Island's west coast, the Long Beach Lodge Resort has garnered a reputation for its quiet setting and gorgeous scenery. Recent visitors say the gracious staff and two-bedroom cottages (which come appointed with gas fireplaces, kitchens and private patios and hot tubs) are both compelling reasons to plan a return stay. Even if you're not willing to splurge on a spacious cottage, you'll still find amenities — like deep soaking tubs and sumptuous duvets — in the standard guest rooms, oceanview rooms, pacific penthouse suites and deluxe beachfront rooms. When you're ready to step outside, you can sign up for a surf lessons at the on-site Surf Club, try some stand-up paddleboarding or enjoy a scenic stroll along Cox Bay's mile-long sandy strip. Afterward, delight in an "après surf" cocktail and intimate meal at the Great Room, which previous patrons compliment for its top-notch cuisine and service.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNiagara-on-the-Lake, ONTripAdvisor (1324)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSet in Niagara-on-the-Lake – about 14 miles north of Niagara Falls – Harbour House Hotel provides a quiet respite from the tourist-choked Niagara Falls area. Recent lodgers adore this property's bed-and-breakfast feel, from the complimentary (and guest-approved) "Breakfast in the Conservatory" to the gas fireplaces in the guest rooms. Each room or suite also features a whirlpool tub or multi-head shower, Frette bathrobes, a flat-screen TV and complimentary internet access. When you're ready to satiate your appetite, take a stroll or short shuttle ride to HobNob restaurant & wine bar for afternoon tea and scones, or to Zees Grill for an Italian-inspired menu. The Harbour House Hotel is part of the Niagara's Finest Hotels brand, meaning visitors will have access to the dining and spa options at associated properties like the Shaw Club Hotel and the Charles Inn.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosGatineau, QC2.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1523)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThis Hilton outpost sits about 5 miles north of downtown Ottawa in Gatineau, Quebec. Guests appreciate the views of Lake Leamy, but suggest bringing a car if you're planning on exploring Ottawa's attractions (the hotel provides free self parking). There's also plenty to do on the hotel's grounds. This Hilton resides within the same complex as the sprawling Casino du Lac-Leamy, so guests can easily access the gaming tables and slots. When it's time to eat, diners suggest a meal at the delicious French restaurant Le Baccara (there are also multiple other eating and drinking establishments on the premises). Guests can work off the calories in the hotel's indoor or outdoor pools (both heated) or in the fitness center. When nighttime rolls around, visitors can rest their heads on Hilton's signature Serenity beds in one of guest rooms. Each accommodation comes with a minibar, high-speed Internet access, an HDTV and a bathroom outfitted with a deep-soaking tub. And because of this hotel's Hilton ties, Honors loyalty program members can sleep easier knowing they're redeeming rewards and racking up points for staying here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreA short stroll from the waterfront in Niagara-on-the-Lake (about 15 miles north of Niagara Falls), the Shaw Club Hotel – and its romantic atmosphere – consistently impresses visitors. Guests say this hotel's comfortable rooms and accommodating staff are equally compelling reasons to plan a future stay. All guest rooms are outfitted with king-sized beds, minifridges, 42-inch plasma TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi access. And the hotel staff will help you surprise your better half with a bouquet of roses and chocolate upon request (for an additional fee). When hunger sets in, head to Zees Grill, which serves up classics and comfort food in a fine dining atmosphere.
- View all PhotosAyer's Cliff, QCTripAdvisor (423)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIf you're looking for a relaxing weekend getaway, you can't go wrong with the Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel, according to recent guests. Sitting on the shores of Lake Massawippi in southeastern Quebec, the hotel offers a stunning setting year-round. In the colder months, you can ice skate, ice fish, snowshoe or ski, while warm weather allows for lake cruises, kayaking, tennis and hikes along the Tomifobia Nature Trail. Aside from its picturesque location, visitors were pleased with Ripplecove's accommodations, especially the Luxe Rooms, which boast lake views, balconies and fireplaces. If you're not in the mood to splurge, Classic Rooms come equipped with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi access, coffee makers and iPod docking stations. Another point of praise for guests: the regional food served at the on-site eatery, Le Riverain Restaurant. When you're not admiring the lake view from your seat at dinner, enjoy the relaxing locale at the Arboressence Spa, which is set among native pines and features an outdoor hot tub beneath a forest canopy. Along with the hotel's location and amenities, visitors appreciate the Ripplecove's attentive service.
- Read MoreRecent guests agree the Black Rock Oceanfront Resort's best feature is its location — you'll experience sweeping Pacific Ocean and rainforest views from your balcony, bedroom and even some bathrooms. Located in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island, this hotel's decor and clean, tidy accommodations delight guests, though some mention the rooms could use an update. Black Rock Oceanfront Resort offers studios and one- and two-bedroom suites, all of which include kitchens, gas fireplaces and complimentary Internet access; bathrooms feature heated floors, deep soaker tubs and separate showers. While Fetch Restaurant is on the premises, travelers warn the menu is limited and rather pricey. Instead, save your money for a rejuvenating massage or facial at the Drift Spa, which previous visitors say is well worth the splurge.
- Read MoreWell-groomed garden grounds and a private lake comprise this 25-acre estate situated along the Lac des Deux Montagnes. The Château Vaudreuil, about 30 miles west of Montreal, is lauded by visitors for its lavish suites with a touch of European flair. Each room features a king-size bed, a living room area and elegant wooden accents. The hotel sits on a major highway, so recent guests suggest requesting a lake view or garden view room to avoid extra nighttime noise. When hunger strikes, tantalize your taste buds at Ristorante Villa d'Este, which dishes up flavorful northern Italian cuisine. Guests seeking more activity can take advantage of the hotel's indoor pool, fitness center and tennis courts, and later schedule a spa treatment. Plus, with its secluded grounds and picturesque scenery, the Château Vaudreuil serves as a popular spot for weddings.
- Read MoreSitting pretty in the small town of Sooke on the southern tip of Vancouver Island – about 25 miles southwest of Victoria – Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel boasts pristine vistas of Whiffen Spit and the Olympic Mountains. For recent visitors, it was these spectacular landscapes that validated the high room rates. Along with the views, each of the hotel's 28 rooms is appointed with a private balcony, a stone fireplace, free Wi-Fi access and original artwork, but some travelers say some of the accoutrements border on kitsch and the accommodations could benefit from refurbishment. For more local handiwork and a sample of Sooke culture, check out the on-site art gallery. Views aside, the oceanfront restaurant is the real star of this hotel. Using ingredients sourced from the property's vast on-site garden and local suppliers, the restaurant boasts seasonal plates guests and critics gush over. While recent guests still give the restaurant stellar reviews, some seem to think the hotel's service is slipping.
- Read MorePerched along the Parksville beachfront on the east coast of Vancouver Island, the Beach Club Resort's convenient location and stunning views are what fuels guests' return trips, they say. All rooms offer private balconies with ocean, mountain or city views, along with flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, minifridges and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests have the option of a studio, one-bedroom suite or penthouse during their stay. Both kids and adults can take advantage of the beachfront indoor pool and hot tub, while those looking to relax can check out the treatments at the Stonewater Spa. Once you work up an appetite, head to the hotel's Pacific Prime Restaurant & Lounge for decadent (albeit a bit pricey, according to some travelers) entrees. You'll be able to savor the beach views along with your dinner at the restaurant, which specializes in steaks. Pick your cut and choose between a red wine jus, béarnaise or brandy peppercorn sauce to top off the dish.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosVancouver, BC1 mile to city centerTripAdvisor (1228)Free WiFiRead MoreSituated less than a mile northwest of trendy Yaletown and about two blocks from Robson Street, this Sheraton outpost puts you within steps of some of the city's best shopping. Not much of a shopaholic? The property is also less than a mile west of the Vancouver Art Gallery. After exploring the city, slip away to your well-appointed guest room, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, a signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and free Wi-Fi access. Though some previous guests do claim that the rooms lack the home-away-from-home feel of other properties, others compliment the clean, quiet atmosphere. For a little extra relaxation, take a soak in one of two Jacuzzis or lounge by the 50-foot-long indoor lap pool. When you're ready for a bite to eat, travelers suggest skipping the limited menu and expensive plates at on-site restaurant, Café One, in lieu of the neighborhood's more diverse offerings. Grabbing a cocktail at the hotel's Bar One makes a perfect bookend to your stay. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreAuberge des 21 may be a little off the beaten path – nestled in the La Baie borough of Saguenay in Quebec, about 140 miles north of Quebec City – but guests say its rooms and restaurant don't disappoint. This quiet retreat sits along the Saguenay River, and affords views of the delta and mountains that surround it. Though some previous guests admit the property does not deliver all the bells and whistles of trendy hotels centered in Quebec City, most agree the hotel's charming and serene atmosphere only enhances its home-away-from-home feel. The property boasts a variety of room options all appointed with either queen- or king-sized beds. Recent visitors say the accommodations are large and clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. But the most glowing reviews are for the restaurant, which offers seasonal tasting menus and decadent dishes, such as smoked trout and salmon salad with blueberry dressing and veal carpaccio topped with mango salsa, not to mention a stellar wine selection. Travelers also recommend taking advantage of nearby activities, including golfing, cross-country skiing and treetop ropes courses.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreSet on the edge of South Pender Island (one of the Southern Gulf Islands found off the southeast coast of Vancouver Island), Poets Cove provides travelers with a relaxing place to unwind. This remote resort — accessible by ferry from Victoria or Vancouver — offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, cycling and golf. You can also get better acquainted with the local wildlife by tagging along on a whale-watching excursion or taking a scuba diving class. When you're not out exploring, lounge by the heated outdoor pool, get a treatment at the on-site spa or take your pick from three varied dining venues. Despite all of Poets Cove's activities, it's the resort's charming ambiance that guests can't stop raving about. Accommodations here range from standard guest rooms to cottages to villas, all of which feature fireplaces, private balconies and beautiful views of the water or the hotel grounds. Travelers recommend renting a cottage to have access to a full kitchen and an outdoor barbecue.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.