- Read MoreOverlooking the waves of Baie Longue from its seat in western St. Martin, Belmond La Samanna lures sun-seekers to its premises with its promise of access to some of the best sands on the island. Guests agree that the location is enviable, praising the ocean views they found outside their rooms and suites (which can be enjoyed from private balconies, terraces or – for a little extra money – plunge pools). This member of the Belmond hotels family also delights R&R-seekers with its peaceful atmosphere. Travelers praise the well-manicured grounds and beautiful pools, as well as the property's extraordinary spa treatments. After unwinding at the spa, vacationers can enjoy French-inspired cuisine and front-row sunset views at L'Oursin Restaurant. Additional on-site dining options include an alfresco breakfast eatery and a casual Caribbean-French fusion restaurant. All three dining establishments receive rave reviews from diners, although some caution that the dishes are expensive.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAn adults-only, all-inclusive luxury hotel on the esatern shores of St. Maarten, the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort caters to vacationing couples and friends. Each of the all-suite property's 130 accommodations features a neutral color palette, a minifridge, Italian Modena porcelain floors and a Greek marble bathroom, a private balcony with ocean views, 400-thread-count linens, free Wi-Fi access and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Plus, electronic wristband room keys make getting in and out of your room easy, as you won't have to remember to bring a key with you. Outside the suites, you'll find three pools, four bars and three restaurants that feature Caribbean- and Mediterranean-inspired dishes on their menus. Additional dining venues at the nearby Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa are free to enjoy starting in February 2019. Overall, recent visitors heaped praise on the resort's friendly employees and clean accommodations. However, many warned that several areas of the property are still undergoing renovations to repair damage from Hurricane Irma, meaning you may hear construction noise and encounter missing or malfunctioning suite amenities during your stay. But, members of the Sonesta Travel Pass rewards program can pay for suites with accrued points.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreFacing the beryl-tinted waters of St. Martin's Orient Bay, Esmeralda Resort boasts 65 rooms and suites spread throughout 18 villas. Each villa features its own swimming pool with Jacuzzi jets, along with a private entrance and terrace. Recent guests said the resort's rooms are spacious and well-maintained, adding that you should request a room closer to the beach (only two villas face the ocean) for the best views. When you're not relaxing poolside, head to the beach and enjoy a complimentary chair and umbrella. Or, try your hand at surfing, Jet Skiing or parasailing, just a few of the activities available on-site. After working up an appetite, stave off hunger pangs with a meal at The Astrolabe restaurant. Though recent visitors raved about the eatery's French-inspired fare and attentive service, they're also quick to recommend eating off-site at one of Orient Bay's eateries. Also, keep in mind that despite the resort's reopening in late 2018 after sustaining damage from Hurricane Irma in 2017, some repairs are still ongoing. As such, construction noise may be occasionally heard, according to past travelers.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree Parking
- View all PhotosSt. MartinTripAdvisor (2370)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreFormerly the Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin, this newly rebranded RUI hotel neighbors Le Domaine de Lonvilliers along northern St. Martin's Anse Marcel sands. At this all-inclusive, guests have access to an infinity pool with complimentary sun loungers and towels, kayaks and snorkeling equipment, and one free scuba diving lesson. All other sports, such as windsurfing and sailing, cost extra. If you're traveling with kids in tow, the hotel's got you covered there, too: It offers a day program for guests ages 4 to 12. After you've worked up an appetite, head to the Hotel Riu's 24-hour buffet or any one of its three specialty restaurants. And as far as rooms go, travelers say that they were more than comfortable here thanks to the spacious floor plans and private balconies and patios (not to mention complimentary high-speed Internet access). However, some visitors do note that the furnishings are a bit worn. Last – but certainly not least – the Hotel Riu grants access to a picturesque white-sand beach, peppered with lounge chairs and umbrellas.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSt. MaartenTripAdvisor (2419)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSituated on Dawn Beach along St. Maarten's eastern coast, this resort pampers guests with Westin amenities and sweeping views. Accommodations are furnished with the brand's signature Heavenly Beds, neutral and pastel decor and private patios or balconies. Previous guests highly recommend requesting an ocean-view room when making your reservations, saying that the vistas alone are worth the slightly inflated room rate. Even if you can't see the sea from your accommodations, you'll have easy access to sugary sands, as well as an expansive outdoor infinity pool. And if you're seeking an even more relaxed setting, you can indulge in a soothing treatment at the Hibiscus Spa. The Westin also features a casino and three on-site restaurants and a poolside cafe that serves lighter fare. However, some guests feel that this resort doesn't quite live up to the brand's standards; there are no major complaints, but travelers say that The Westin left more to be desired, like better menu options at the restaurants. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or use points here. Note: The resort was impacted by the 2017 hurricanes and is expected to reopen in 2019.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.