Protect Your Trip »
Protect Your Trip » Search, compare and buy the best travel insurance for the lowest price
- View all PhotosThe Jefferson, Washington, DCWashington, DC1.2 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
The Jefferson, Washington, DC has been catering to Washington's most elite visitors since 1923, providing a taste of European luxury in the heart of the United States capital. The Beaux-Arts era reigns supreme here, with early 20th century paintings and sculptures lining the checkered floors. The Jefferson's elegant accommodations are appointed with iPads, walk-in showers, flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi access. (For a little more space, upgrade to a suite, which will come equipped with a coffee maker and, in some, balconies overlooking the Washington Monument.) Recent guests highly recommend making good use of the intimate on-site spa during your stay, and the in-house gourmet restaurants, Plume and The Greenhouse, earn particularly high praise, along with the on-site bar, Quill. Visitors also give props for The Jefferson's location, which is just a short walk from the National Mall.
- View all PhotosRosewood Washington, D.C.Washington, DC1.9 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
After closing for renovations in October 2018, the Rosewood Washington, D.C. reopened in spring 2019 to debut a new restaurant, CUT by Wolfgang Puck, and six neighboring townhouse accommodations that each boast roughly 1,000 square feet of space, among other updates. According to recent visitors, the new restaurant is delicious, with some travelers even describing it as the best meal of their trip. Others heaped praise on the rooftop bar, CUT Above, which offers views of Georgetown, the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, and the city skyline. You can also get an eyeful of the Georgetown scene from the hotel's rooftop infinity pool, which features a built-in fireplace. Though reviewers described the pool as small, they said it was a relaxing place to enjoy a cocktail. Other on-site amenities include a 24-hour fitness center, which is outfitted with a Peloton bike, among other equipment. For even more relaxation, guests can book an in-room spa service. Meanwhile, the hotel's 49 rooms and suites include hardwood floors, Illy espresso machines, Pratesi linens and 24-hour room service. Along with the prime address along Georgetown's C&O Canal, reviewers were most impressed with the five-star customer service.
- View all PhotosSofitel Washington DC Lafayette SquareWashington, DC0.8 miles to city center$26 Nightly Resort Fee5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class$26 Nightly Resort Fee
Sitting next to Lafayette Square in downtown D.C. – just minutes from the White House and the National Mall – the Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is an excellent choice for travelers looking to take full advantage of the city's sights. But this property also caters to the luxury set with its services and facilities, including its fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Accommodations come equipped with contemporary furnishings and high-end touches like marble bathrooms and glass-enclosed showers, not to mention HDTVs, stocked minibars and sumptuous linens. Lodgers were equally complimentary of the Opaline Bar & Brasserie for its gourmet French fare and attentive wait staff. Though some recent guests bemoan Sofitel's high price tags, most claim that the hotel gave them the best night's sleep they'd had in ages. (What's more, members of the ALL - Accor Live Limitless program can earn points towards a free night's stay).
- View all PhotosKimpton George HotelWashington, DC1.3 miles to city center$25 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$25 Nightly Resort Fee
The Kimpton George Hotel, located in Washington, D.C., has modernity down pat, which becomes apparent when you take a stroll through the lobby amid bright colors and contemporary art. When dinnertime rolls around, head to the stylish in-house restaurant, Bistro Bis, which is popular with guests and locals alike for its French cuisine. Afterward, catch up on some much-needed relaxation inside your stylish accommodations, appointed with 48-inch flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms and organic honor bars. You can also arrange for in-room spa treatments or work up a sweat in the 24-hour fitness center. Although this Kimpton property will require a good chunk of your vacation budget (it charges a daily $25 amenity fee), members of the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program can save on fees for things like Wi-Fi access. You can find the Kimpton George Hotel near Union Station, just north of the U.S. Capitol.
- View all PhotosKimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DCWashington, DC1.6 miles to city center$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee
Recent guests of this Kimpton property compliment this hotel's style (a given, really) and its proximity to Dupont Circle's surplus of restaurants and bars. Each of the Hotel Palomar's stylish accommodations features bursts of bold color along with contemporary furnishings, as well as Samsung LCD TVs, Atelier bath amenities and 300 thread count Frette linens. When you're ready to step outside your digs, the contemporary lobby provides a perfect backdrop for the nightly wine reception. Plus, the outdoor heated pool and sundeck serve as equally alluring places for which to unwind in the warmer months. When your stomach starts to rumble, satiate your appetite at Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar, a trendy in-house hotspot that offers delectable Mediterranean fare. And if you participate in the IHG Rewards Club, you can earn or redeem perks by choosing to bed down here.
- View all PhotosThe Dupont Circle HotelWashington, DC1.5 miles to city center$25 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$25 Nightly Resort Fee
Named for one of Washington's hippest neighborhoods, The Dupont Circle Hotel is ideal for anyone in search of trendy lodging. This hotel – a member of the elite Doyle Collection – is decked out in modern decor, complete with rich red, purple and green tones. From the front door, some of the city's liveliest nightlife haunts are within easy reach, making this location perfect for night-owls (families might want to look somewhere more kid-friendly). And on-site, guests have access to the hotel's Cafe Dupont, known for its French fare. But what recent guests seem to love the most at The Dupont Circle Hotel are its reasonable room rates. Though the rooms are smaller than those found in other luxury D.C. hotels, accommodations here do come equipped with luxurious amenities, including marble baths, flat-screen TVs and Nespresso coffee makers.
- View all PhotosKimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DCWashington, DC0.7 miles to city center$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$28.74 Nightly Resort FeeRubbing elbows with the National Portrait Gallery and the Verizon Center, the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC is just as fun and funky as nearby Chinatown. This stylish Kimpton hotel blends vibrant colors and elegant furnishings in its eclectic decor. Meanwhile, accommodations here earn praise from previous visitors for their luxurious amenities like high-speed internet access (included in daily amenity fee), flat-screen TVs and pet necessities (such as bowls and beds). Recent guests can't stop raving about the hotel's warm and inviting guest rooms, but don't plan on spending all your time cooped up in your digs, no matter how smitten you are with their design. For delectable eats, head to the Dirty Habit, a cocktail lounge with Asian-influenced small plates. If you participate in the IHG Rewards Club program, you can receive perks and extras by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosThe Graham GeorgetownWashington, DC1.8 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Elegant and trendy, The Graham makes an excellent spot to hang your hat in Washington's upscale Georgetown neighborhood. Since opening in 2013, this petite property has made an impression on Washington visitors with its stylish decor. The 57 guest rooms and suites are dressed in a chromatic color palette and equipped with LED smart TVs, pillow-top mattresses and oversized marble bathrooms stocked with luxury bath products. Guests love The Graham's look and feel, especially at the rooftop bar, The Observatory. Visitors gush about the views of downtown D.C. and the top-shelf cocktails. For something a little more filling, head to The Alex Craft Cocktail Lounge & Speakeasy, located below the lobby, for classic American fare and specialty beverages, as well as weekend entertainment. Beyond its amenities and unbeatable location, it's The Graham's attentive and warm staff members that continually wow lodgers.
- View all PhotosSt. Gregory HotelWashington, DC1.4 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThe St. Gregory Hotel offers travelers a mix of regal architecture, contemporary furnishings and modern amenities. Guests rave about the convenient downtown D.C. location, about halfway between Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle, which gives visitors easy access to numerous Washington attractions. Overall, visitors were pleased with their rooms, describing them as spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. Standard amenities include coffee makers, flat-screen TVs and stocked minibars, and the room decor is light and airy. Outside the accommodations, travelers can head to St. Greg Kitchen & Bar for a bite to eat or a cocktail on the patio. Visitors can also take advantage of the well-equipped fitness center, complete with Peloton bikes, ellipticals and treadmills, or the business center. Keep in mind, there is a nightly amenity fee of $30, which covers in-room Wi-Fi access and bottled water, morning coffee, a breakfast buffet and evening wine hours. Aside from the hotel's amenities, recent guests said they were most impressed by the prompt, knowledgeable staff.
- View all PhotosCapitol Hill HotelWashington, DC1.6 miles to city center3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel Class
Wander a mile southeast of the U.S. Capitol and you'll find the Capitol Hill Hotel. This boutique property — which was renovated in 2013 and is situated within 2 miles of many of Washington D.C.'s monuments and museums — prides itself on blending "classic Federal style with chic modernity." And guests certainly agree: Recent travelers enjoyed the aesthetically pleasing lobby and comfortable accommodations, which feature dark wooden furniture, neutral decor with pops of red and classic American art prints. Each room also comes appointed with complimentary Wi-Fi access, a 32-inch HD television and a spacious closet, so making yourself at home won't be a problem here. A free continental breakfast, which previous visitors appreciated for its wide variety of choices, is also included. When you're ready to leave your room, take advantage of the property's free amenities, including its business center, 24-hour gym and wine reception (held in the library Monday through Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m.). And once you're ready to take in the city's sites, walk just one block west to the Capitol South Metro station or borrow one of the hotel's complimentary bikes.
- View all PhotosMorrison-Clark Historic Inn & RestaurantWashington, DC1.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Housed within a 19th-century Victorian mansion and among the landmarks listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant charms travelers with its unique character and design. Plus, since it's located two blocks west of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and within easy reach of downtown D.C.'s restaurants and shops, it's a convenient home base for both business and leisure travelers. Aside from its location, guests praise the accommodations. Because the hotel underwent an expansion and full renovation in 2013, the rooms are decorated with contemporary furnishings while others boast the original fireplaces. No matter which room type you choose, you'll enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi access, armoires and desks. And if you want to see more of the building's original architectural elements, pay a visit to the Main Dining Room, which features Italian Carrera marble fireplaces, 10-foot gilded mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows. Though the property celebrates its heritage, it also offers modern conveniences like an on-site fitness center, seasonal passes to an outdoor pool and valet-only parking (for an additional fee).
- View all PhotosThe Henley Park HotelWashington, DC1 mile to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
If you're looking for a centrally located property in Washington, D.C., that's not part of a chain, you should consider The Henley Park Hotel, according to recent visitors. Situated in downtown D.C., across the street from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, this 96-room boutique outpost was once an apartment building frequented by senators, congressmen and other D.C. notables. Now, it's a member of the Historic Hotels of America. Though recent guests were pleased with the elegant and charming atmosphere, especially the stately architecture, they were less complimentary of the rooms — some visitors found the accommodations to be small and noisy. If you're a light sleeper, request a room toward the back of the hotel, away from the D.C. street traffic. Another tip from recent travelers? Spring for a suite, which offers a large sitting area complete with a bar. If you're content with a standard room, you'll still enjoy amenities like free Wi-Fi access, complimentary bottled water, Bath & Body Works toiletries and Frette linens. Past guests seemed more pleased with the on-site restaurant, The Tavern at the Henley Park, but also said that the hotel's central location makes it easy to walk to any of downtown D.C.'s top restaurants. The hotel also boasts its own bar and a parlor for enjoying afternoon tea. And if your legs aren't tired from all the sightseeing, you can get in a workout at the on-site fitness center.
- View all PhotosThe Liaison Capitol Hill, A Joie de Vivre HotelWashington, DC1.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
With 343 stylish rooms, this boutique Capitol Hill hotel impresses guests with its modern decor and enviable accessibility to top D.C. sites like the National Mall and the Smithsonian Museums. Guest rooms exude contemporary, residential-inspired comfort with modern lighting, stylish furnishings, complimentary Wi-Fi access, iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs. Guests can take advantage of the 24-hour fitness center or lounge by the rooftop pool during the warmer months. When it's time to dine, visit the award-winning chef Art Smith's Southern-inspired culinary delights at the in-house restaurant, Art and Soul. This top-rated restaurant earns high praise from recent guests and serves as a welcome gathering place for neighborhood residents, Capitol Hill professionals and travelers.
- View all PhotosKimpton Hotel MaderaWashington, DC1.4 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassSitting within walking distance of bustling Dupont Circle, Hotel Madera is a member of the Kimpton brand, and it's a convenient home base for city exploration with the brand's signature flair. The hotel's 82 guest rooms are dressed in bright patterns accented by warm brown hues and come equipped with iHome docking stations, flat-panel TVs and sofas. The property also supplies all the necessities for a yoga workout and a variety of amenities for pets. Despite all its offerings, recent guests felt that the experiences could have been better; some guests cite disappointing encounters with staff members, while others say that if it weren't for the trendy decor, the Kimpton Hotel Madera would lack personality. On the other hand, the hotel's restaurant, Firefly, is a favorite between locals and travelers alike, serving American comfort food in a warm, inviting ambiance.
- View all PhotosThe Kimpton DonovanWashington, DC1.1 miles to city center$28.74 Nightly Resort Fee4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class$28.74 Nightly Resort FeePerched just off Thomas Circle in downtown D.C., The Kimpton Donovan earns major props from recent guests for its modern decor, rooftop pool and mouthwatering Asian fusion cuisine offered at the in-house restaurant, Zentan. But those aren't the only reasons to stay here; recent guests were also wowed by the Kimpton Donovan's central location, situated within walking distance of the White House and the National Mall. Also praised were the hotel's swanky lobby and sleek accommodations, which feature LCD flat-screen TVs and minibars stocked with Dean & DeLuca gourmet goods. The only downside, according to some guests, was that the property's rooms felt smaller than other D.C. accommodations. For additional space, previous guests suggest springing for a suite.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.